Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Spiritus Nox posted:

*inhales audibly through gritted teeth, tugs at collar*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Now I want everyone to remember that Roshi still exists

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Android 21's backstory is pretty dark

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Burkion posted:

I mean

I'm not terribly surprised. I just hope he'd be ashamed of it if you brought it to his attention now.

I doubt he remembers it

He probably remember Launch better.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
This does prove Master Roshi's recent behavior was probably in the outline they were given.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
So this is why he doesn't do romance and had a bizarre hatred of ChiChi.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Crabtree posted:

So this is why he doesn't do romance and had a bizarre hatred of ChiChi.

what hatred

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

TrilliontonNixon posted:

Now I want everyone to remember that Roshi still exists

I mean, up until DBS Roshi getting beaten up has always been the punchline of the joke (and never actually raped anyone, to my knowledge). Here the punchline is just a woman getting raped and becoming a prostitute.

But yeah honestly this kind of puts everything to do with ChiChi and Videl in a new light for me, even with how bad it was before.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I feel it's important to point out frieza never raped anyone

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Frieza's going to become the next Zeno and annihilate every sinful thing to come from Toriyama's hand.

He's the hero we deserve.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:
Oh boy is it the poo poo Toriyama could get away with in the 80s time again. Can't wait until we get to like a good chunk of Dr. Slump. It's some really bad stuff . However poo poo the industry is now it was way ,way worse up until like 2005

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Stairmaster posted:

I feel it's important to point out frieza never raped anyone

I don't think he has any way to, he lacks a penis. I'm not sure how the hell his race reproduces and I know it's sexually because he has parents, but we've either never seen a female or there's no actual difference between genders considering both Heroes and Xenoverse only have (apparently) male Freezas. In fact, Jaco outright points out in the latter that he has no idea how to differentiate between male and female members of Freeza's race.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Blaze Dragon posted:

I don't think he has any way to, he lacks a penis. I'm not sure how the hell his race reproduces and I know it's sexually because he has parents, but we've either never seen a female or there's no actual difference between genders considering both Heroes and Xenoverse only have (apparently) male Freezas. In fact, Jaco outright points out in the latter that he has no idea how to differentiate between male and female members of Freeza's race.

ok next topic

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I'd call what Frieza did to Vegeta and Gohan that.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Manatee Cannon posted:

ok next topic

We have to wait until Blue Star’s off probation to talk about Freeza’s dick at least

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
ToP is taking too long as an arc, that's my view on things.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

they could have cut like 5 episodes and nobody would have noticed

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Manatee Cannon posted:

they could have cut like 5 universes and nobody would have noticed

fixed that for you

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I don't get the complaints about pacing, this poo poo flies compared to DBZ.

I only really started watching this show with my kid and he completely checked out of the Frieza fight, partly because Krillin died but partly because it just never loving ends.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

I don't get the complaints about pacing, this poo poo flies compared to DBZ.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
The DBZ anime is bad. The manga is good.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

if you're watching the original dbz anime, that's a mistake. kai cuts out most of the bullshit and is way faster than super could ever hope to be

the manga is insanely fast compared to kai tho and still the best way to experience dragon ball for the most part

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Manatee Cannon posted:

if you're watching the original dbz anime, that's a mistake. kai cuts out most of the bullshit and is way faster than super could ever hope to be

the manga is insanely fast compared to kai tho and still the best way to experience dragon ball for the most part

I still feel like even with Kai DBZ takes forever for things to actually happen during Namek and the Androids. Pretty sure they dedicated an entire ep to Piccolo and Kami watching the earth before deciding to fuse. And don't even get me started on Buu.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Taking into account what Kai does, is it way better than DBZ in terms of getting to the point?

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Fargin Icehole posted:

Taking into account what Kai does, is it way better than DBZ in terms of getting to the point?

Absolutely. If you must watch DBZ then Kai is definitely the superior way.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Momomo posted:

I still feel like even with Kai DBZ takes forever for things to actually happen during Namek and the Androids. Pretty sure they dedicated an entire ep to Piccolo and Kami watching the earth before deciding to fuse. And don't even get me started on Buu.

it's not fast but you don't have a billion filler episodes like goku fixing his spaceship on the way to namek or gohan trying to walk home during his training with piccolo. the show drags a lot of scenes from the manga out but there's almost zero filler in kai

the manga wastes no time and just goes. it's worth reading even if you've seen the show

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Manatee Cannon posted:

it's not fast but you don't have a billion filler episodes like goku fixing his spaceship on the way to namek or gohan trying to walk home during his training with piccolo. the show drags a lot of scenes from the manga out but there's almost zero filler in kai

the manga wastes no time and just goes. it's worth reading even if you've seen the show

Just make a note and watch the one true filler of Goku and Piccolo learning how to drive during the Android Saga.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

tho I will say in regards to freeza, that poo poo just takes forever no matter what. the manga fight with freeza is like 30 chapters long

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Manatee Cannon posted:

tho I will say in regards to freeza, that poo poo just takes forever no matter what. the manga fight with freeza is like 30 chapters long

It also still has the problem that the first Frieza fight likes to pretend it actually matter only to reveal he wasn't trying making it feel pointless.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Blaze Dragon posted:

:eng101:
Freeza has a penis in his first three forms. Obviously the final form is only for combat so this weakness is removed:

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Rutibex posted:

Freeza has a penis in his first three forms. Obviously the final form is only for combat so this weakness is removed:

:spergin:

The final form is his natural form so if anything that's the one that would have a penis.

...Y'know, I'm kinda surprised that searching for "Frieza penis" or "Frieza dildo" doesn't bring up anything relevant. Like c'mon Internet; you got dragon dildos but not Frost Demon ones? What kind of poo poo is this!?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

TrilliontonNixon posted:

At this point I'm pretty sure Toei is setting up Cabba Caulifla and Kale for their own Boruto series. Or at the very least their own arc in Super. The three of them have been strangely front and center throughout the ToP. If you count the spoilered episodes we're going to have like six full episodes dedicated to these three. Not that that's a bad thing, but they wouldn't be giving them so much focus unless they had plans for them.

I figured they were setting them up because female Saiyans are a recipe for moving infinite merch tbh

E: I hoped that comic would never make it here

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Rutibex posted:

That is his true form. Clearly, you are not an expert in Friezas. Please turn in your Frieza Card.

Shifting the topic a bit, it's pretty interesting to look at Frieza's forms. I mean, we know his true form, and we know Golden is a new form he designed that's essentially "gently caress you bitch I'm fabulous(ly powerful)", but his other forms are supposed to suppress his power. We don't know the order he made them in, but we could assume he worked backwards, going to Third, to Second, to First. That's the order of strength for them, so since the goal was to suppress his power it makes sense that his weaker forms are actually considered improvements and likely came later.

In that case, the first form he developed was a massive monster looking fucker with spikes everywhere and an elongated head and other poo poo. Probably the most different from his final form, and sort of like a big "IS A HORROR MONSTER" sign that you don't want to gently caress with him. Like, say, what a teenager would design to look edgy and dangerous.

After that, you get big man form, still with horns but otherwise just a tall dude who looks like he could kick your rear end, and will, also impale you on his horns. Maybe like someone who really wants to feel like an adult, or even wants to be regal like his father. Perhaps a form Frieza designed when he was getting to the end of whatever counts for a Frieza race's puberty, and wanted to show he was an adult?

Finally, you have tinychairman, who is like his previous form but smaller, more compact, and not really threatening looking. Sort of like a child. Is he trying to look less threatening while still being kind of creepy, like someone moving on from displaying power via appearances and more through willing restraint, like "I am so powerful I feel no need to display that power because it is self-evident"?

Are these forms like potentially some sort of display of where he was in his lifespan, mentally, when he designed them?

(no, of course not, they're because toriyama was like "ok what would be cool here" and then his editor was like "no not that")

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Even if the answer is "Because they're cool" That's probably the closest explanation for why Freeza's forms look the way they do. Freeza even admits as much when he tells Goku he made his new final form gold because of Super Saiyan.

I like to think he read a fashion mag that said tiny horned aliens were in and that's how he got to his first form.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Anyone have that page where Toppo kicks Goku in the dick handy?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Fargin Icehole posted:

Kai is fantastic. Better editing and voice acting (at least for the dubs, haven't watched subs). Sadly you miss out on a few good filler episodes, but that's nothing you can't go back and see in the original DBZ if you care. Mainly the drivers license episode, and the Garlic Jr. saga.

Edit: I just want to say I'm a fan of that saga because Gohan, Piccolo and Krillin actually do poo poo that doesn't require Goku to save them.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Anyone have that page where Toppo kicks Goku in the dick handy?

this one?

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Viz do a free official release of the Super manga on their site which tends to come out before Mangastreams.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Oct 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy
He's in base form before he hits the ground, Toppo broke his dragon balls lol