Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

TFRazorsaw posted:

yanno they sell WSJ and manga volumes on comixology right

and that it and crunchy both work in a browser

Licensing is a bitch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Kyte posted:

Licensing is a bitch.

Same image for me, but I can't be arsed to take a pic when it's the same.

Apparently some people just don't realize that USA isn't the entire world. Which I guess is fitting for this manga made by a Japanese person that loves American comics.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

It redirects me to comixology.eu which has barely anything I want

Andrast fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Oct 26, 2017

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

SyntheticPolygon posted:

That's why they should team up for double the speed kicks.

Iida's quirk confuses me, because I can't really picture how the gently caress leg motors would work in practice. Like, they would have to actually shoot stuff out to propel him, rather than work like car motors, in which case I'm not sure how to translate that into a running motion. It also seems like it would only allow him to move faster when running more or less straight, since he'd still have that forward momentum (I think his brother actually illustrated this problem in Vigilantes). His brother's quirk makes more sense, since he just uses the engines on his arms to hover IIRC.

edit: Also I bet Deku at 20% is probably already faster than him, though Deku is already better than most of his peers in terms of combat ability.

Calibanibal posted:

oh thank g*d

she's gross looking and iida rules

Thank god, someone else understands.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Oct 26, 2017

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Ytlaya posted:

Look I've been saying Froppy is kind of dum band they either need to make her do something or replace her with any other girl from 1-A since day 1.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Mulderman posted:

Yes, but that's not available in my country.

ah. my apologies

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Ytlaya posted:

Iida's quirk confuses me, because I can't really picture how the gently caress leg motors would work in practice. Like, they would have to actually shoot stuff out to propel him, rather than work like car motors, in which case I'm not sure how to translate that into a running motion. It also seems like it would only allow him to move faster when running more or less straight, since he'd still have that forward momentum (I think his brother actually illustrated this problem in Vigilantes). His brother's quirk makes more sense, since he just uses the engines on his arms to hover IIRC.

edit: Also I bet Deku at 20% is probably already faster than him, though Deku is already better than most of his peers in terms of combat ability.

I don't know--Ida is potentially ridiculously fast when he does that recipro-burst thing.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Fropster probably gets drawn comparatively often because she's easier to draw than many and has a simple costume.

There are korean scans out and about for the new chapter but it's pretty hard to tell what the flow is without the whole context thanks to some of the camera angles/storyboarding.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Oct 27, 2017

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Chapter's up.

I like that Chisaki's deal is again hating current society and wanting to aggressively change like basically every villain in the series. It's nothing new even if it's done from a new angle, more about quirks than heroes, but I appreciate the consistency in having all the villains coming from a similar place. Also,
I guess Chisaki's developing a cure. Wonder if it's going to have already been completed or just something that's being thrown out there for the good guys to work on so Mirio can have a dramatic return in the future.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Overhaul already showed off that he has the serum. It's in the other box he has on his person.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I'm guessing Deku will die and Eri will rewind him to save him. I think that's really dumb but as far as we know Nighteye's predictions can't be changed.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Overhaul having a "cure" that undoes Eri's quirk stopped making sense the moment it was revealed her power was Rewinding. Still makes no sense at all now, and if he was sane he'd probably realise that by now too but, well, Chisaki went and kept merging himself with things and now he's a nutjob.

It is nice to finally get an explanation that makes him fit as a villain, but it was the absolute bare minimum and it would've worked fine like 20 chapters ago but now it just... doesn't.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Yay he's taking a break next week. Not that I don't want the next chapter but dude needs some time off.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer

RatHat posted:

I'm guessing Deku will die and Eri will rewind him to save him. I think that's really dumb but as far as we know Nighteye's predictions can't be changed.

It'd be interesting if while he's "dead" and still "rewinding" he gets kind of an Avatar: The Last Airbender thing with "One for All" former users in his head. I still want to know what caused those eyes from the Tournament Arc

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I want Deku to kick Overhaul so hard he breaks through Nighteye's dumb prediction.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The good: All of the chapter that isn't...

The bad: More explaining of Overhauls backstory because ZZZ this character.

The very good: Horikoshi actually announcing that he's taking a break for himself. Hopefully it does him a lot of good.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I said I was excited to see somebody get punched or kicked very hard, and this chapter did not disappoint. Very hard punches. Good chapters.

Another pleasant surprise was the lack of bad fanart before the chapter.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
this drug still doesn't make any loving sense

also judging by how its described here, then Eri shouldn't be able to fix Mirio

in fact it makes Suneater recovering from even an incomplete version of it stupid as hell! He just took some time off and got over having part of his DNA rewound?

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Mirio aside, this arc has been a real drag and kinda painful to follow week-to-week. Putting all the spotlight on Overhaul when you've got this rich cast of colourful heroes and villains seems like a big mistake. Might tap out for a month or two and see if it makes more sense when read sequentially.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Radish posted:

Yay he's taking a break next week. Not that I don't want the next chapter but dude needs some time off.

Yeah, it's always a good thing when mangaka take short breaks. I just wish more of them could take them regularly.

I like the preview of full-power Deku we get here. He's appropriately ridiculously strong.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
So this appears to be how Chisaki has his plan worked out:

Make a serum which rewinds people's biology to an evolutionary state before Quirks ever existed. Sell that to villains. Then, when things seem bleakest for our heroes, sell them a serum which undoes the first one and restore the status quo. Make tons of money by playing each side off the other, rebuild the Eightfold Precept Cleaners into an empire, and make the old man proud. It's actually a solid plan, uses Eri's Quirk in creative ways, and would have worked too, if not for those meddling kids.

I don't think Eri herself will be able to undo what happened to Mirio, though. At least not for a good while. She obviously can't control her power, and target-undoing a target-undoing seems like a stunt that she won't be capable of until she can at least stop de-evolving everything she touches.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
I'm really not a fan of the fight choreography here. It feels like it came out of a different battle manga.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I kind of like how Chisaki's making his boss comatose was justified to himself. I need to repay you and make you proud but you don't want me to, because it involves hurting your Granddaughter. So I am just going to put you in a coma so you can just be proud after the fact. It's utterly insane in its reasoning.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kanos posted:

I'm really not a fan of the fight choreography here. It feels like it came out of a different battle manga.

Same. I had a really hard time following the action in this chapter.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

JosephWongKS posted:

Same. I had a really hard time following the action in this chapter.

The composition on the last panel is so bad. It's like 90% air burst covering everything else, with Overhaul way off in the corner reacting. There's no real flow or lead-in, it's just kind of there.

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Oct 27, 2017

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The kick was good I think. The idea for that was obviously you see the starting motion and then boom suddenly Overhaul is 100 feet in the air.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
You're just really bad at following action. It's never been hard to follow action in MHA.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

except for right now, smartass, that's why people are pointing it out

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Arist posted:

except for right now, smartass, that's why people are pointing it out
No, even this chapter is pretty drat easy to follow. It's not like it's even complicated since Deku is just punching for the last three pages (ever since he slipped behind Chisaki and then reversed directions in mid-air a la Bakugou). If that's the part "people" are pointing out as hard to follow then yes they're terrible at following action.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Deku launching Chisaki into low orbit was brilliantly framed

Ochako finding out the guy she likes is supposed to die not so much

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

TheKingofSprings posted:

Yeah, I agree with this part. It seemed to be squeezed in.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

TheKingofSprings posted:

That sudden plot feels extremely contrived.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

ChronoReverse posted:

If that's the part "people" are pointing out as hard to follow then yes they're terrible at following action.

weird choice for scare quotes

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Aurora posted:

weird choice for scare quotes

In hindsight it may have been. I guess I'm poor at sentence composition.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I don't think it's complicated or hard to follow I just think that final splash page is really bad. I followed it, I just don't like what I was following.

Maybe it's nitpicking but I wouldn't be nitpicking so much in this arc if I was engaged with it at all on any level other than an overwhelming desire to see it end.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Chisaki's character is such a mess. How can he talk about the heroes' twisted side of justice but also explain his plan to double deal anti-quirk weapons for profit? Also his power is stupid OP and should just rip Deku apart.

However this is my favorite chapter of the arc because it's finally over.

Sub Harrison fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Oct 27, 2017

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Sub Harrison posted:

Chisaki's character is such a mess. How can he talk about the heroes' twisted side of justice but also explain his plan to double deal anti-quirk weapons for profit? Also his power is stupid OP and should just rip Deku apart.

However this is my favorite chapter of the arc because it's finally over.
But Deku has to die and get revived by Eri who sacrifices herself or something and Nighteye survives for some loving reason. It's not over.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

yeah this chapter is hideous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

I liked Deku’s crazy 100% Full Cowling. Bet it’s going to be like Green Super Syian in color