Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
My roommate said a college player did a dance from dragon ball today, I asked him if it was a fusion dance or did it end like this and did the sideways pointing thing but he wasn’t sure. Anyone catch it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Momomo posted:

If this is true then this will be my favorite episode. I really want to know who on staff went "You know Broly? Let's do like that, but with a teenage lesbian" and got it approved.
Ok so currently this is in fact the best episode, but the preview showed something that'll probably make THAT even better. gently caress, this is real good.

extra row of teeth posted:

That Shaggy meme made me laugh harder than it should and now Rolf is getting dragged into it. I'm guessing he's in the meme because Rolf was played by the Ocean Goku VA.

I... huh...

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

GokuGoesSSJ3 posted:

My roommate said a college player did a dance from dragon ball today, I asked him if it was a fusion dance or did it end like this and did the sideways pointing thing but he wasn’t sure. Anyone catch it?

Better have done the bingo dance instead.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

lovely Wizard posted:

So is Ultra Instinct Vegito now on the table for this saga? If that happens, we're only a few steps from Gohan going full Super Saiyan Blanco and taking on Grand Padre as shown below.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
Piccolo is having some bad luck with arms recently.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

drilldo squirt posted:

Piccolo is having some bad luck with arms recently.

Arms are hard, ok?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I have to say:

Caulifla is a way better 'rival Goku' than any of the actual attempts at making an Evil Goku/Evil Saiyan so far. Having her not be actively evil but just basically Goku fighting Goku and actually following through on her basically being Goku fighting Goku is satisfying. I really appreciate they don't hold back from letting her act like a protagonist and get stronger and adapt quickly and in generally do everything Goku does while also have Goku keep doing everything Goku does. For all that mid-battle fight evolution is nonsensical bullshit, it really feels satisfying to have a back and forth between two characters who are pushing each other and getting stronger.

She also honestly is just a good character to help emphasize Goku's positive/negative traits kind of fairly. Like you genuinely get the idea that Goku enjoys seeing her succeed and get stronger and pushing herself and while it's a bad thing for him to do because universes are on the line, it shows that he really does take pride in others and doesn't just want to be the strongest himself but to see others get stronger, which is a positive trait for a dude whose eventual manga-ending is 'becomes a fightmans teacher.'

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

lovely Wizard posted:

So is Ultra Instinct Vegito now on the table for this saga? If that happens, we're only a few steps from Gohan going full Super Saiyan Blanco and taking on Grand Padre as shown below.

lol i love that this is exactly the poses the z fighters were in when fighting the cell jrs when gohan went ssj2

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

also i gotta say i really like everything about caulifla (aside from the weird off model art where shes literally a stick figure from time to time) but i am not a huge fan of kales design at all

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

tbp posted:

also i gotta say i really like everything about caulifla (aside from the weird off model art where shes literally a stick figure from time to time) but i am not a huge fan of kales design at all

Which one(s)? I'd agree that her base form is a bit bleh, but her controlled Super Saiyan form is rad as heck.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Caulifla's arms never quite look right to me.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Kale's design is strange in that she's the only one of the three to gain muscle when she goes Super Saiyan. It's especially apparent in this ep since they're standing side by side. I still like both their designs though, more people need big pants.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

obv she's just using the super saiyan 1.5 form from the cell saga

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
The best part about this episode was that Kale and Caulifla fight like a way better team than most anyone we've seen so far. Usually it's been attack all at once or very specific team moves, but there were some pretty neat combos they got in there.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Oh yeah, Cauli actually got a unique named attack in Crush Cannon. Have it and Justice Flash been the only new things with names in the entirety of Super?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I like Kale, but her legendary abs look really weird and cartoony, like they really wanted to make sure you knew they were referencing Broly. The other form is good though.

Justin_Brett posted:

Caulifla's arms never quite look right to me.
Her and Cabba look a bit more noodle than necessary.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Momomo posted:

Oh yeah, Cauli actually got a unique named attack in Crush Cannon. Have it and Justice Flash been the only new things with names in the entirety of Super?

Pretty cannon/all of Ribrian's moves have been named. That's it though I think.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Time Skip is explicitly named as such.

Hakai, too.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
I believe Fused Zamasu named his attacks as well. It could've been just general flowery language though.

Dude liked to talk.

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

ImpAtom posted:

I have to say:

Caulifla is a way better 'rival Goku' than any of the actual attempts at making an Evil Goku/Evil Saiyan so far. Having her not be actively evil but just basically Goku fighting Goku and actually following through on her basically being Goku fighting Goku is satisfying. I really appreciate they don't hold back from letting her act like a protagonist and get stronger and adapt quickly and in generally do everything Goku does while also have Goku keep doing everything Goku does. For all that mid-battle fight evolution is nonsensical bullshit, it really feels satisfying to have a back and forth between two characters who are pushing each other and getting stronger.

She also honestly is just a good character to help emphasize Goku's positive/negative traits kind of fairly. Like you genuinely get the idea that Goku enjoys seeing her succeed and get stronger and pushing herself and while it's a bad thing for him to do because universes are on the line, it shows that he really does take pride in others and doesn't just want to be the strongest himself but to see others get stronger, which is a positive trait for a dude whose eventual manga-ending is 'becomes a fightmans teacher.'

Yeah, it was rad seeing Vegeta get in some Cabba time, and seeing Goku get to nerd out with Caulifla/Kale is a blast, too

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

lovely Wizard posted:

I couldn't handle the second Shaggy.

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

Esto es el fin, Grande Padre

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Latin American DBZ fans are a treasure

e: and this episode was pretty cool too I guess

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Decent episode this time, but a step back on quality from the past couple of weeks imo.

Next week should be fun.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

is there anywhere to read the dbz manga online like there is for super and dragonball

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

if you mean for free on an official site then no, I don't think so. you can just google search dragon ball chapter 1 or w/e and find what you're looking for tho (there is no z in the manga; it's all dragon ball from goku meeting bulma to the epilogue with uub)

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Fun episode, I like when Goku gets to fight Goku.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

she was there all along

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Blockhouse posted:

she was there all along

gently caress me

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

oh also i think i should say that the japanese VA for caulifla is amazing. idk who it is, but the delivery of all those lines has so much character. i can hear "Kale!!" clear as day in my head

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Blockhouse posted:

she was there all along

I had assumed that was an unrevealed Pride Trooper given who else is there.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

tbp posted:

oh also i think i should say that the japanese VA for caulifla is amazing. idk who it is, but the delivery of all those lines has so much character. i can hear "Kale!!" clear as day in my head

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=23434

jesus look at all those video game/movie dubbing roles

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

this episode was rpetty bad and they're already re-using music from the special how loving lazy

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
So did Goku actually plan something and is using the girls as a power sponge to get the energy to fight Jiren more than just training them because he loves to get new rivals? It feels like he's leading them on just to use them.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Blockhouse posted:

she was there all along

Isn’t that just base Kale?

Cran
Mar 23, 2011
Caulifla should be the new main character.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Crabtree posted:

So did Goku actually plan something and is using the girls as a power sponge to get the energy to fight Jiren more than just training them because he loves to get new rivals? It feels like he's leading them on just to use them.

this is the guy that gave cell a senzu bean

goku is totally down with risking everything just so others can reach new heights

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Reinanigans posted:

Isn’t that just base Kale?

You can see a second bang and a potarra shaped earring so probably not.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Goku just wants to have fun fights. He's been taking a breather while he fucks around with the Gay Saiyans, but he's trying to match them otherwise. He even popped into SSJ3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Josuke Higashikata posted:

You can see a second bang and a potarra shaped earring so probably not.

plus her skintone is lighter than base Kale and the eyes are wrong