Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

At least link the one that's part of Dragonball Canon. :colbert:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7h9V0nDT9XU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Stairmaster posted:

You could argue there isn't a huge power level gap between jiren and ssjb goku and that jiren is just way better at martial arts though. The fact jirens eyes bugged out when goku fired that one Kamehameha lends credence to this.

Nah even the few hits SSB Goku gets in do jack poo poo, he gets in the same Kaio-ken boosted kick to the head that punted Zamasu and Jiren doesn't even flinch. Super has definitely downplayed power levels a great deal which is cool and leads to more interesting battles overall, but Jiren is definitely meant to be a Frieza-esque wall of insane sheer power.

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

Stairmaster posted:

You could argue there isn't a huge power level gap between jiren and ssjb goku and that jiren is just way better at martial arts though. The fact jirens eyes bugged out when goku fired that one Kamehameha lends credence to this.

Everyone does that when they don't see something coming. No matter how powerful you get in dbz you can always get hosed by a cheap shot as seen all throughout the series

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

More eager to see how fast Kale screams “GIVE THEM TO ME *NOW*” the second she hears what the earrings do and looks at Caulifla

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Black August posted:

More eager to see how fast Kale screams “GIVE THEM TO ME *NOW*” the second she hears what the earrings do and looks at Caulifla

Kale will learn instant transmission just to put them on Caulifla whenever she wants

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

jiren no sells goku like cell does to krillin

they do kinda try to have it both ways with power gaps. by dbz rules, base goku shouldn't even be able to see ss2 caulifla move, let alone hurt her, but here he can. on the other hand jiren's so strong his passive barrier is impenetrable to everyone before goku gets his spirit bomb boost

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

They should pick a lane.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
I'm hyped to see what comes out of an extremely excited to fuse pair. Zamasu and Zamasu Black did it but I don't think either were at Kale levels of desire.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I thought Caulifla and Kale were related? and if so, some of you are asking for incest wedding, and that's no good. I know saiyans are country folk, but that's not okay

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Pretty sure it's just that Japanese delinquent thing where your superior in your gang is your bro.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

Fargin Icehole posted:

I thought Caulifla and Kale were related? and if so, some of you are asking for incest wedding, and that's no good. I know saiyans are country folk, but that's not okay

I thought calling each other sisters was a mob thing?

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

a cartoon duck posted:

Pretty sure it's just that Japanese delinquent thing where your superior in your gang is your bro.

gently caress you bro.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Squallege posted:

I'm hyped to see what comes out of an extremely excited to fuse pair. Zamasu and Zamasu Black did it but I don't think either were at Kale levels of desire.

I dunno about that, Zamasu really loved himself.

Fargin Icehole posted:

They aren't, "sis" is just a bad translation without any context whatsoever. "Boss" would be more proper here.

Caulifla is Goku, her only brother is that big buff Raditz with a broken leg.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

kale is caulifla's protege but I don't think they're related. calling someone onee-san or w/e it was doesn't necessarily mean you're blood related

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

a cartoon duck posted:

yeah it's this, it's just bad subbing translating kale's 'onee-san' literally when something like 'boss' would make more sense for english

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

So when the tournament ends will Kafla be counted as one fighter or two?

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Kazy posted:

So when the tournament ends will Kafla be counted as one fighter or two?

She'll definitely count as one, so that we can have a Champa freak out scene when he gets told his "just outnumber Jiren" plan has taken a hit.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

I have to say:

Caulifla is a way better 'rival Goku' than any of the actual attempts at making an Evil Goku/Evil Saiyan so far. Having her not be actively evil but just basically Goku fighting Goku and actually following through on her basically being Goku fighting Goku is satisfying. I really appreciate they don't hold back from letting her act like a protagonist and get stronger and adapt quickly and in generally do everything Goku does while also have Goku keep doing everything Goku does. For all that mid-battle fight evolution is nonsensical bullshit, it really feels satisfying to have a back and forth between two characters who are pushing each other and getting stronger.

She also honestly is just a good character to help emphasize Goku's positive/negative traits kind of fairly. Like you genuinely get the idea that Goku enjoys seeing her succeed and get stronger and pushing herself and while it's a bad thing for him to do because universes are on the line, it shows that he really does take pride in others and doesn't just want to be the strongest himself but to see others get stronger, which is a positive trait for a dude whose eventual manga-ending is 'becomes a fightmans teacher.'

Yeah, especially considering how I can only imagine that a bunch of nerd forums are pissing and moaning and calling Caulifla a Mary Sue and whining about FEMALES, I really like that Goku seems to really like her and gets such a huge kick out of watching her and Kale get stronger. Caulifla's wildly entertaining and I hope she keeps getting things to do as the series moves forward.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it's cool that goku and vegeta just immediately agree to teach the u6 saiyans how to fight every time

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Spiritus Nox posted:

Yeah, especially considering how I can only imagine that a bunch of nerd forums are pissing and moaning and calling Caulifla a Mary Sue and whining about FEMALES, I really like that Goku seems to really like her and gets such a huge kick out of watching her and Kale get stronger. Caulifla's wildly entertaining and I hope she keeps getting things to do as the series moves forward.

i wouldn't expect the u6 saiyans going away anytime soon when the next to last episode reminded us that vegeta wants to see planet sadala

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Manatee Cannon posted:

it's cool that goku and vegeta just immediately agree to teach the u6 saiyans how to fight every time

I'm sure Goku wishes that, if he ever had kids, he'd want Caulifla to be one of them.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I bet they're both happy to have kids that actually share their interests now

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I'm sure Vegeta is very proud of his son-from-another-timeline-that-he-never-actually-raised.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Pureauthor posted:

I'm sure Vegeta is very proud of his son-from-another-timeline-that-he-never-actually-raised.

... Which one? Because he's got at least two.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Brother Entropy posted:

i wouldn't expect the u6 saiyans going away anytime soon when the next to last episode reminded us that vegeta wants to see planet sadala

I wonder if Beerus is at all aware of Vegeta's wish. It would explain why he doesn't seem to worried about his brother getting erased. That or it hasn't sunk in yet.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

the writers have really leaned into the idea that Caulifla is female Goku, right down to her adapting at a frightening pace! wouldn't be surprised if Kafla knew instant transmission just because

The Awesomesaurus
Feb 15, 2006

I'm too cool to be extinct.

I hope a Goku and Caulifla fusion happens sometime (or is in the next Dragon Ball Fusions).

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

The Awesomesaurus posted:

I hope a Goku and Caulifla fusion happens sometime (or is in the next Dragon Ball Fusions).

NTR....

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ImpAtom posted:

... Which one? Because he's got at least two.

Three.

He has at least three.

More if the other time lines count.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Burkion posted:

Three.

He has at least three.

Too bad Beerus hakaied the time machine. Just imagine it: An army of Future Trunkses, each one more miserable than the last.

IWW Online Branch fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Oct 30, 2017

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Burkion posted:

Three.

He has at least three.

This one

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Tarble go SSj4

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

I figure with Kale and Caulifla, Goku is doing that Saiyan thing where fighting powerful opponents causes your body to start powering up, so he can recover better than if he just sat and rested. He can do it with those two because their goal isn't "knock Goku out of the ring", it's "get better and stronger", so they're not going to try to steamroll him; and they're not quite strong enough to, either. If he tried it with, say, Toppo, he would get blasted away before he could get his Saiyan recovery going. Meanwhile, Kale and Caulifla are having the same thing happen to them, which is how they plan to reach SSJ3. They're basically in a feedback loop of powering up.

I also figure that Goku can just plain access some of that SSJ/SSJ2 power in base, or something. It seems like the tiers between forms start to flatten out a bit the more powerful the Saiyan is, so while SSB is still "oh poo poo" levels compared to SSJ1, SSJ2 isn't quite as much of a leap as it used to be. They still give boosts, but it's not the level of "being SSJ2 lets me body SSJ without effort".

One more thing, I think Jiren might actually be in Ultra Instinct pretty much all the time. Goku only ever really gets two good hits on Jiren while in UI mode, and otherwise Jiren is matching him pretty much attack for attack and block for block. Jiren only takes those hits at the end, when Goku goes all out for them. He doesn't appear to actually be damaged, though, and even counters Goku immediately thereafter. Meanwhile, he dodges Goku's initial "no one else saw that coming" kick, something Goku clearly didn't even know he was about to throw. Goku manages to scuff his face, but at no point lands a decisive blow until he goes all out at the end. Even there, though, Goku clearly go for the finisher with his left fist, and then at the last second switches to the right; and Jiren catches it.

Jiren generally has no aura, but Whis clearly states that the "heat" Goku is radiating is odd for UI. Jiren even points out that the "heat" is Goku's limit, as the form begins to wear off, suggesting he has some idea of what's going on. He generates his own aura here, but it appears to be attack-related.

It might just be that being in UI, properly, doesn't have an inherent aura. We've seen aura control be a thing before, especially with Goku Vs. Beerus, we've seen that having control over one's Ki is a vital part of maintaining a form's power, and we've seen Jiren explicitly pop an aura and channel it right into an attack. Goku leaking aura is odd to Whis, and Jiren notices it too.

Jiren even has grey/silver eyes; his eyes are basically black, with a white pupil or shine, and they seem to consistently make sure the outer portions have a greyish circle around them. Not like how a shine would work; it's like under whatever his black lids are, his eyes are silver.

We also see him meditating whenever he's not fighting; presumably, he's keeping himself under full control to keep in Ultra Instinct mode. Whis makes it pretty clear it's mostly a mental thing; Beerus, someone far beyond Goku's power, can't do it properly. He's too hot headed. Goku gets forced into it by trying to resist the Spirit Bomb and control the raging power; as the boost wears off, he loses it.

So, I figure Jiren is just constantly running in Ultra Instinct mode, and has to keep himself under control to avoid losing it. He's incredibly dedicated to justice, he drops into meditation as soon as he feels he's not needed, and the only time a non-UI fighter gets blows on him, it is someone can literally freeze time for an instant.

I'm not sure what the point of typing all that was. tl;dr: Jiren always in UI mode, dude owns.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Black August posted:

She gone go full Gotenks

You should never go full Go- they went ssj3 they went full gotenks you IDIOT VEGETABLES

Couldn't let this go. All saiyans are now idiot vegetables forever

Aladdin
Feb 16, 2011
I feel like the show has made steps forward with new powerful female characters but also a step back with super saiyan canonically bleaching your skin.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

multijoe posted:

I have no idea how much of that chart is 4chan being mean to latin american fandom and how much is actual fanon. I want to believe in Cell Dorado.

99%
Gohan Blanco is legit from the latin american fandom, everything else is mocking of them.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Blue Jiren is also a wild claim by someone from there, iirc.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
goku wins the tournament of power just by outnumbering the other universes

the next arc is the depression survival arc where goku realizes there's nobody else left to fight

Shards of Fate
Apr 19, 2002

They look like monsters to you?

This is pretty great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Shards of Fate posted:

This is pretty great.

The long con finally pays off.