Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

I don't know what I was expecting when I googled haman livejournal, but it wasn't this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Improbable Lobster posted:

I'm 23 and starting to find grey hair

Are you blond? Ral went from dark brown to white in a matter of months.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Arcsquad12 posted:

My hair is also dark brown

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Improbable Lobster posted:

My hair is also dark brown

Well then you can do a nice George Clooney salt 'n pepper routine.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Arcsquad12 posted:

It was a very stressful time!

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

HOLY poo poo I SAW HIM AGAIN TODAY!!!

i was at a party dealing with some stiff feddie suits when JUDAU FUCKIN CAME BACK <3

he was mad at me for some reason so i pulled a gun on him to calm him down like i did with char when we were havin sex back then but it didnt work.

instead he yelled at me and said i was bad and stuff. i shot at him but he didnt like it. then all of the sudden glemy's pedo girlfriend appeared and stood in front of him

AND THEN I SHOT HER Q_Q

JUDAU GOT REALLY MAD AND

MADE

A

DEMON

APPEAR IN FRONT OF HIMSELF!!!!!

HE HAD ALL OF THE NEWTYPE ENERGY FLOWING THROUGH HIM AND HE MADE A GIANT PROJECTION OF HIMSELF AND IT SCARED ME SO MUCH THAT I RAN BACK TO MY ROOM AND CRIED ABOUT IT FOR A LONG TIME

I'M..I CAN'T. I CAN'T. I AM SUCH A TRASH BABY FOR BLOWING IT WITH HIM.

I WISH WE COuld fuse togehter for a day like steven universe and connie did so he could see what we would be like together

im sorry judau for being so gross

Tagged: gently caress MY LIFE, personal, sex, love, tw:newtypes
20,000 notes

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

EthanSteele posted:

Yeah Haman was 21 in ZZ its wild.

It’s actually a really big part of her character. She is who she is because her father died and Char buggered off back to the Earth Sphere to play soldier when she was fourteen years old, leaving her in charge of a fractious, murderous band of neo-Nazi aristocrats (and the solar system’s most important five-year-old girl) with zero support network. It’s no coincidence that the boy she’s so drawn to is also fourteen - she sees many things in Judau, but one of them is herself before everything went to poo poo, and she wants to know if what happened to her was inevitable, or if there are other ways to react to and deal with the cruelties of the Universal Century.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

GimmickMan posted:

HOLY poo poo I SAW HIM AGAIN TODAY!!!

i was at a party dealing with some stiff feddie suits when JUDAU FUCKIN CAME BACK <3

he was mad at me for some reason so i pulled a gun on him to calm him down like i did with char when we were havin sex back then but it didnt work.

instead he yelled at me and said i was bad and stuff. i shot at him but he didnt like it. then all of the sudden glemy's pedo girlfriend appeared and stood in front of him

AND THEN I SHOT HER Q_Q

JUDAU GOT REALLY MAD AND

MADE

A

DEMON

APPEAR IN FRONT OF HIMSELF!!!!!

HE HAD ALL OF THE NEWTYPE ENERGY FLOWING THROUGH HIM AND HE MADE A GIANT PROJECTION OF HIMSELF AND IT SCARED ME SO MUCH THAT I RAN BACK TO MY ROOM AND CRIED ABOUT IT FOR A LONG TIME

I'M..I CAN'T. I CAN'T. I AM SUCH A TRASH BABY FOR BLOWING IT WITH HIM.

I WISH WE COuld fuse togehter for a day like steven universe and connie did so he could see what we would be like together

im sorry judau for being so gross

Tagged: gently caress MY LIFE, personal, sex, love, tw:newtypes
20,000 notes

thank you, I'm surprised it took this long

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Darth Walrus posted:

It’s actually a really big part of her character. She is who she is because her father died and Char buggered off back to the Earth Sphere to play soldier when she was fourteen years old, leaving her in charge of a fractious, murderous band of neo-Nazi aristocrats (and the solar system’s most important five-year-old girl) with zero support network. It’s no coincidence that the boy she’s so drawn to is also fourteen - she sees many things in Judau, but one of them is herself before everything went to poo poo, and she wants to know if what happened to her was inevitable, or if there are other ways to react to and deal with the cruelties of the Universal Century.

Well I mean its a coincidence in that most of the audience of Z and ZZ and not supplemental material is not privy to that information AFAIK.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

DamnGlitch posted:

Well I mean its a coincidence in that most of the audience of Z and ZZ and not supplemental material is not privy to that information AFAIK.

We do get enough of it to see the general shape of it, if not the specifics. It certainly becomes clear later in ZZ that Haman’s efforts to seduce Judau (in all senses of the word) are as much about her battle with herself as her battle with him. There’s also how very young she looks in her dying moments.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I bet it sucks to ride a bike inside a colony. You can never go downhill

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Ah, Shonen Jump for pedophiles

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I feel it's important to remember that Gundam starts with half of humanity dying, leaving a serious generational hole.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Guy Goodbody posted:

I bet it sucks to ride a bike inside a colony. You can never go downhill

Says who? Just start at the end cap where the ships dock and you've got a nice sunny kilometers long decline until you hit the main cylinder wall.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

MechaX posted:

It gets all bad across the entire Gundam franchise with stuff like that.

For instance, Murrue and Natarle are only 25.

That one's actually relatively reasonable, unlike a lot of the ones mentioned. Murrue was a Lieutenant, and Natarle was a Lieutenant (JG), so 25 is actually a rather realistic age for them assuming they entered the military straight out of high school - hell, if anything they're a bit behind (or entered a bit late). The only reason they ended up in command was that every single higher ranking officer was either dead or didn't feel they were suited to bridge operations.

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010
Wasn't Bright like 19 or something ridiculous (and an Ensign to boot) when MSG started?

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

I do not remember Judau being 14.

Sam Sanskrit
Mar 18, 2007

Airspace posted:

Wasn't Bright like 19 or something ridiculous (and an Ensign to boot) when MSG started?

I'm watching the show right now and both of these things are correct. Or maybe he was promoted to Ensign when they decided to let him command White Base instead of executing him. I was a little unclear about that conversation.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Airspace posted:

Yeah, he's fresh out of the academy.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Lemon-Lime posted:

Yeah, he's fresh out of the academy.

Much of the early episode-count, in fact, is about him being a clueless newbie who often makes things worse. I distinctly remember the infamous slap being a culmination of both his failures and Amuro’s, for instance.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

The Notorious ZSB posted:

I do not remember Judau being 14.

Yep, that’s his official age for the events of ZZ.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Roux is supposed to be like 17 too, which makes her hooking up with Judau a little weird.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Raxivace posted:

Roux is supposed to be like 17 too, which makes her hooking up with Judau a little weird.

Tomino does like having his protagonists crush on/get involved in compromising situations with older women. I think Judau and Roux is the only time it actually worked out, though.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Isn't ensign the starting rank for an officer?

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
For reference, some UC Gundam character ages at the outset of their respective series:

MSG: Amuro 15, Bright 19, Char 20, Ramba Ral 35, Gihren Zabi 35, Degwin Zabi 62

08th MS Team: Shiro 23, Aina 20, Norris 38

0080: Christina 21, Bernie 19, Al 11

0083: Kou 19, Nina 21, Burning 39, Monsha 28, Synapse 45, Gato 25, Cima 35, Delaz 48

Zeta: Kamille 17, Jerid 24, Yazan 27, Scirocco 26, Haman 20, Jamitov 60

ZZ: Judau 14, Roux 18, Puru 10, Glemy 17

CCA: Amuro 29, Char 33, Quess 13, Hathaway 13

F91: Seabook 17, Cecily 17, Iron Mask 45, Zabine 24

V Gundam: Uso 13, Katejina 17, Marbet 22, Cronicle 20

It's pretty difficult to eyeball how old TV Gundam protagonists are, and OVA protagonists tend to have more realistic ages.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Raxivace posted:

A difference of 3 years ain't weird at all. Especially at the age range where were it a normal setting they'd both be highschoolers.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Tae posted:

Isn't ensign the starting rank for an officer?

It is. Bright being a fresh graduate with the lowest possible commissioned officer rank is repeatedly a plot point for the first third to half of First Gundam.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Char looks at least 45 in CCA

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Kou looks like Tom Cruise if Tom cruise was a complete lose in Top Gun and not an arrogant hotshot.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Arcsquad12 posted:

Kou looks like Tom Cruise if Tom cruise was a complete lose in Top Gun and not an arrogant hotshot.

I don't think the similarity between early Stardust Memory and Top Gun is a coincidence, given that Stardust Memory's production began only a couple years after Top Gun hit theaters for the first time. There's some pretty strong parallels in the early episodes; the young, talented pilot trying to prove himself, having to wrestle with the sudden death of a fellow pilot, and having to deal with enormous hostility and enmity from a fellow pilot when both should theoretically be on the same side. There's even a romantic subplot with the young rookie attracting the attention of an intelligent, independent scientist lady based initially on his ability to wring performance out of military hardware.

It's all pretty on the nose.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Kanos posted:

I don't think the similarity between early Stardust Memory and Top Gun is a coincidence, given that Stardust Memory's production began only a couple years after Top Gun hit theaters for the first time. There's some pretty strong parallels in the early episodes; the young, talented pilot trying to prove himself, having to wrestle with the sudden death of a fellow pilot, and having to deal with enormous hostility and enmity from a fellow pilot when both should theoretically be on the same side. There's even a romantic subplot with the young rookie attracting the attention of an intelligent, independent scientist lady based initially on his ability to wring performance out of military hardware.

While we’re on that topic, let’s not forget that the original Mobile Suit Gundam came out a year after Star Wars. I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a certain dose of inspiration there.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Arcsquad12 posted:

Says who? Just start at the end cap where the ships dock and you've got a nice sunny kilometers long decline until you hit the main cylinder wall.

The end caps are busy places with warehouses and transport and military stuff going on, they aren't gonna let you ride a bike in there.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
They can only stop you if they catch you. Ride faster.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Raxivace posted:

By the time they get to Jupiter the age difference will be nothing

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Of course Judau is just one year older than Usso.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Kanos posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bhCMoMYXfo

This is beyond coincidence.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Darth Walrus posted:

Yep, that’s his official age for the events of ZZ.

I mean i wasn't questioning it, it's plausible in UC Gundam, I just totally forgot he was that young. His design def looks older unlike say Uso who looks like he's barely a teen.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Kanos posted:

For reference, some UC Gundam character ages at the outset of their respective series:

MSG: Amuro 15, Bright 19, Char 20, Ramba Ral 35, Gihren Zabi 35, Degwin Zabi 62

08th MS Team: Shiro 23, Aina 20, Norris 38

0080: Christina 21, Bernie 19, Al 11

0083: Kou 19, Nina 21, Burning 39, Monsha 28, Synapse 45, Gato 25, Cima 35, Delaz 48

Zeta: Kamille 17, Jerid 24, Yazan 27, Scirocco 26, Haman 20, Jamitov 60

ZZ: Judau 14, Roux 18, Puru 10, Glemy 17

CCA: Amuro 29, Char 33, Quess 13, Hathaway 13

F91: Seabook 17, Cecily 17, Iron Mask 45, Zabine 24

V Gundam: Uso 13, Katejina 17, Marbet 22, Cronicle 20

It's pretty difficult to eyeball how old TV Gundam protagonists are, and OVA protagonists tend to have more realistic ages.

So Kamille is actually an old man compared to all the other TV Show MC's. He's very different from Amuro and I hear pretty different from Judau, too. No idea about the Victory kid.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

And then in 00 it was a surprise that Allelujah was only like 19. I think Feldt and Soma and maybe Setsuna were younger, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

according to the internet, apparently feldt was 14 (???) in the first season, 19 in the second, and 21 in the movie

soma was 18, 23, then 25

setsuna was 16, 21, then 23