Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

GimmickMan posted:

I stand corrected, I had a memory lapse. Renji lost in the end, yes. My criticism still stands because Ichigo won by raising his power level.

I don't know much about the Captains and their Lieutenants so I didn't even go there.

To be more precise about the antagonists, my complaint is about the ones that are driving the plot. Ikkaku, Kenpachi and Mayuri were okay but they're just roadblocks and not major antagonists. After his fight, Mayuri decided he was done with this and watched the rest from the sidelines. Kenpachi was even fighting the traitors by the end of the arc. I'll say I liked the Mayuri fight and the Kenpachi vs blind traitor fight though.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Power Levels are definitely a thing that is in Bleach by Soul Society. No numbers are given but they still exist and Ichigo needing some big last minute training to unlock some ultimate power to stand a chance against him really reminds me of hyperbolic time chamber stuff from dragonball. I don't think all that's really a problem though, in dbz or Bleach, but that's a matter of taste.

The power levels mostly were just shikai bankai and experience. Ichigo does powerup but it wasn't really. It was basically the same power he had when he fought the menos grande.

The last minute powerup is so stupid in retrospect because he didn't even unlock bankai then. Literally all his powerups has been his stupid ghost grandpa going eh, you're probably gonna die unless I unseal some more of your power.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
As much as it did boil down to who had the better bankai, don't forget that one of the most powerful people Ichigo faced in the Soul Society arc was a man who did not know how to unleash his shikai, but also had so much raw power oozing out of him that he needed something to absorb the excess. Bleach had the groundwork for power levels very early.

I really doubt that MHA is getting anywhere close to power levels with anybody but Midoriya, since we have seen the 100% he can be. Everybody else seems like learning to better control and more cleverly use their existing quirks at their pretty much established levels.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

SpacePig posted:

As much as it did boil down to who had the better bankai, don't forget that one of the most powerful people Ichigo faced in the Soul Society arc was a man who did not know how to unleash his shikai, but also had so much raw power oozing out of him that he needed something to absorb the excess. Bleach had the groundwork for power levels very early.

I really doubt that MHA is getting anywhere close to power levels with anybody but Midoriya, since we have seen the 100% he can be. Everybody else seems like learning to better control and more cleverly use their existing quirks at their pretty much established levels.

But his Bankai (and Shikai) was there the whole time watching.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
Ok here is the real question: will there eventually be some new OFA power scale beyond the 100% full cowl scale? On one hand, 100% is so strong that there is absolutely nothing that could fight it until shigaraki gets afo, but also we've seen what 100% and deku is already pushing 20%. How much excitement or difference will there be for further incremental "bit faster bit stronger" upgrades from now till the finale?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
With 20% now actually feasible, I suspect we have 20%, then maybe 35%, then 50%, then 75%, then 100%, then PLUS ULTRA%.

Remember that 100% is not 100% of his power, or even 100% of All Might's power. It's 100% of what Deku's body is capable of putting out when he first got OfA. 100% Deku couldn't even phase Noumu, so clearly 100% Deku doesn't beat 110%(?) All Might.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Nov 2, 2017

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

PMush Perfect posted:

With 20% now actually feasible, I suspect we have 20%, then maybe 35%, then 50%, then 75%, then 100%, then PLUS ULTRA%.

Remember that 100% is not 100% of his power, or even 100% of All Might's power. It's 100% of what Deku's body is capable of putting out when he first got OfA. 100% Deku couldn't even phase Noumu, so clearly 100% Deku doesn't beat 110%(?) All Might.

To be fair, All Might only managed to beat Nomu over repeated use of his power. If Deku could use OfA for the same amount of time at the same rate, he could probably just as handily take care of Nomu.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Vigilantes 16 is out.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

I hope the mom becomes the number 1 hero

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Vigilantes is good.

Koichi you goddamn dipshit

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I'm glad the wacky "pretend to be my girlfriend" shtick lasted for all of one panel before mom called it out.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Vigilantes, I have decided.......is good.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Shinjobi posted:

Knuckleduster is the hero this city needs. Unlike out of touch ivory tower heroes like All Might, Midnight, or Eraserhead, he can adapt and present himself appropriately to a wide variety of situations, with minimal warning. Dude had a nice suit and a cover identity ready to fuckin' go. Meanwhile, no one's told Present Mic he's not on the radio.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
I want Koichi's mom's Quirk.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer
Knuckleduster is truly the greatest teacher. that card and explanation are a pretty good cover! I'm impressed they're doing more with him than a gruff vagrant

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

nice hat pop step

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
Dressy casual Pop Step is cute as heck. I laughed pretty hard when Knuckleduster showed up looking suave.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Ah, the best lies are the ones that wrap up the truth in an adorable package.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Shinjobi posted:

To be honest, I'm continually surprised by how good it is. It had a pretty rocky start and kept having to hop between publications and I assumed it was doomed to die the normal death of spinoffs like this.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Shere posted:

Dressy casual Pop Step is cute as heck. I laughed pretty hard when Knuckleduster showed up looking suave.

Despite being a cliche, for some reason Pop Step doesn't bother me much. I think it's because her civilian appearance is actually kinda frumpy and not anime-cute.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

PMush Perfect posted:

That's not right, his arm was fine afterwards. They mention it later and he says it's the first time he tried punching something that was alive an All Might assumes that's why he was able to limit OfA for the first time.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

A couple things I liked about the latest Vigilantes: Koichi's mom's quirk seems like it could be part of what makes up his quirk. Being able to project force long-distance from her palms its pretty similar to how he can project a moving force from his hands and feet. Also the way Makoto immediately went for probing questions the moment she had her hands on Knuckleduster's arm. Even if she wasn't able to get a true-or-false feedback from her polygraph quirk before Koichi's mom interrupted, I think she's definitely putting one and one together.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
I wonder how much of Illegals' writing is Horikoshi and how much is.... Furuhashi, Google says. Hideyuki Furuhashi.

Good thing Knuckleduster doesn't actually consider himself a hero. :v:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

was the main series on break this week

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

yeah, so horikoshi can "gather more data"

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

vigilantes ftw

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
Koichi = Jerry
Pop = Elaine
Knuckleduster = Kramer

Who is George

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Farg posted:

Koichi = Jerry
Pop = Elaine
Knuckleduster = Kramer

Who is George

The audience.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Farg posted:

Koichi = Jerry
Pop = Elaine
Knuckleduster = Kramer

Who is George

Stain

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Pick your poison

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

i get it

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

i dont get it

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

Ytlaya posted:

Despite being a cliche, for some reason Pop Step doesn't bother me much. I think it's because her civilian appearance is actually kinda frumpy and not anime-cute.

You take that back, nerd glasses Pop is adorable.

Madoushi
May 9, 2003

Some days, you just get up on the wrong side of the bed...

Xarbala posted:

i dont get it

It's a reference, I don't know what the name of the show is though.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Explody McExplodyFace is the best boy.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

I just finished reading all that's out of Vigilanties.

Please post cute Pop Step fanart, badass Knuckleduster fanart, and creepy... Hauler(?) fanart.

Scholtz fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Nov 3, 2017

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Crasical posted:

You take that back, nerd glasses Pop is adorable.

Oh, she's fine, that's why I said "anime-cute."

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Scholtz posted:

I just finished reading all that's out of Vigilanties.

Please post cute Pop Step fanart, badass Knuckleduster fanart, and creepy... Hauler(?) fanart.

By iLee-Font, apparently.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

Pretty sure that's from Magiranger.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

ActionZero posted:

lol

thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

ActionZero posted:

I haven't seen either show, but given the Frog-Ninja connections and what we can see of her outfit, I think that's probably Hurricanger.