Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Agoat posted:

Yeah there's cool fights with them but I wish they'd stop talking/crying

I'm going to give you a noogie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Agoat posted:

don't make me come over there

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Agoat posted:

Hey they have to fill in that Steven Universe void somehow.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
my lesbian friends are good and powerful and I hope they hurt goku

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
it'll be funny if this is what makes Goku realize the power of Love.

"Chi-Chi I need you to become strong and then put these earrings on."

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Honestly this was a boring episode that barely furthered the plot. The teased fusion didn't even occur until the very end of the episode. That was disappointing. This episode could be skipped and nothing would really be missed. People already knew from the last episode that Kale and Caulifla would fuse, and the next episode will pick up with them being fused and just beginning their fight with Goku.

I had hopes that Goku and Frieza would be having two-on-two match against Kale and Caulifla, but when that was shot down I was disappointed.

That Robot Police guy is hilarious, and I loved Frieza's reaction of just ignoring him. I think I love that Robot Policeman.

I like Caulifla and Kale, I really do. I've defended them in the past. But these episodes are making it difficult to keep liking them. It's not that they're bad per se, it's just I feel like they're being built up as the protagonists of their own series. While watching Caulifla's rousing, inspiring speech to Kale it felt like they were the two main characters of the show going up against some antagonist.

I think it's that though I like Caulifla and Kale, I like Goku more than them since I've followed him since the original Dragon Ball. Thus I didn't like seeing Goku, with his years of experience fighting the strongest people of multiple universes, even gods like Beerus, being punched and kicked around by two fighters with no formal training who likely never fought anyone outside of local gang fights and are only in their teens or twenties.

And up until now Kale could barely fight. When we saw her fighting by herself in her normal state before transforming much earlier in the tournament she was getting beat up by that pig man and tentacle face man. Yet all of a sudden her and Caulifla have come up with this perfect combination tag team fighting style. So where did Kale get all of this combat experience from when earlier she was shown to be unable to fight at all? Heck, Caulifla who is just some untrained gang punk has already been able to read and predict Goku's moves, a man who has had multiple mentors and has trained in martial arts over his entire forty-something years of life?

I swear, it felt like a scene in which the torch was being passed. Like the old master, the previous main character, was being defeated by the younger, newer generation so that they could become the new protagonists while Goku retires or something after admitting that he is too old for this.

If reminded me of when Jackie Chun (Master Roshi) fought Tien Shinhan in the World Martial Arts Tournament and then gave up as he knew his time had passed and it was time for the young generation to take over.

As I think about it, I think it's not that I dislike Caulifla and Kale, it's that I dislike they're wailing on Goku and making him look so weak in comparison to them. Even his Super Saiyan 2 wasn't enough to handle them and only by going to God could he take control of the situation. Goku's rarely even had to fight outside of his base form in this tournament, and Super Saiyan 2 Caulifla and powered up Kale require him to use God at the least.

However, what I would have loved is if this fight were between Frieza and Caulifla and Kale. I think that would have been perfect. Frieza hates Saiyans, and though he can't turn on the Saiyans on his own team right now, he can take out his his anger on the Universe 6 Saiyans. His Golden Form would be the perfect match for them. Plus, Caulifla and Kale already would have a grudge against him for knocking out Cabba.

For Frieza to be fighting against two strong Saiyans like them would have been a good climax for both of them. If Frieza's to be knocked out of the tournament, it would have been fitting for him to be knocked out by two Saiyans. However, if Kaulifla and Cale were to get curbstomped and knocked out of the tournament, it would be fitting for it to be Frieza as it would also add tension between him and Goku and Vegeta for knocking out all three of the Universe 6 Saiyans.

I also think Caulifla and Kale are going to get knocked out of the tournament soon one way or another. Them being fused means that they both can get knocked out for the price of one. I don't imagine Kale remaining in the tournament and continuing to fight without Caulifla due to how emotionally dependent she is on her. And I don't imagine Caulifla as remaining in the tournament if Kale is knocked out since Caulifla needs Kale for help. They are a team, so I assume they're going to both be knocked out at once while they are fused.

Also, on a side note, I'm getting tired of how Saiyans are portrayed as such an "OP" race. C'mon man, before Goku and Vegeta the majority of Saiyans were strong but they weren't the strongest in the Universe or anything. Yet now it seems like any young Saiyan can go from zero to strongest in the Universe in just a few hours or minutes.

Finally, given how much they like to cut to the gods and angels talking about stuff, I'm surprised none of them had anything to say about Kale and Caulifla being given potara earrings. Why was Universe 6 the only team that came up with that idea? It seems like a huge advantage, especially if a team is desperate and only down to two warriors anyway.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Carlosologist posted:

Kale mastering LSSJ because Caulifla held her hand was the best

Brolly could have been avoided if Goku had just given him a hug.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Dias posted:

Honestly this was a boring episode that barely furthered the plot. The teased fusion didn't even occur until the very end of the episode. That was disappointing. This episode could be skipped and nothing would really be missed. People already knew from the last episode that Kale and Caulifla would fuse, and the next episode will pick up with them being fused and just beginning their fight with Goku.

I had hopes that Goku and Frieza would be having two-on-two match against Kale and Caulifla, but when that was shot down I was disappointed.

That Robot Police guy is hilarious, and I loved Frieza's reaction of just ignoring him. I think I love that Robot Policeman.

I like Caulifla and Kale, I really do. I've defended them in the past. But these episodes are making it difficult to keep liking them. It's not that they're bad per se, it's just I feel like they're being built up as the protagonists of their own series. While watching Caulifla's rousing, inspiring speech to Kale it felt like they were the two main characters of the show going up against some antagonist.

I think it's that though I like Caulifla and Kale, I like Goku more than them since I've followed him since the original Dragon Ball. Thus I didn't like seeing Goku, with his years of experience fighting the strongest people of multiple universes, even gods like Beerus, being punched and kicked around by two fighters with no formal training who likely never fought anyone outside of local gang fights and are only in their teens or twenties.

And up until now Kale could barely fight. When we saw her fighting by herself in her normal state before transforming much earlier in the tournament she was getting beat up by that pig man and tentacle face man. Yet all of a sudden her and Caulifla have come up with this perfect combination tag team fighting style. So where did Kale get all of this combat experience from when earlier she was shown to be unable to fight at all? Heck, Caulifla who is just some untrained gang punk has already been able to read and predict Goku's moves, a man who has had multiple mentors and has trained in martial arts over his entire forty-something years of life?

I swear, it felt like a scene in which the torch was being passed. Like the old master, the previous main character, was being defeated by the younger, newer generation so that they could become the new protagonists while Goku retires or something after admitting that he is too old for this.

If reminded me of when Jackie Chun (Master Roshi) fought Tien Shinhan in the World Martial Arts Tournament and then gave up as he knew his time had passed and it was time for the young generation to take over.

As I think about it, I think it's not that I dislike Caulifla and Kale, it's that I dislike they're wailing on Goku and making him look so weak in comparison to them. Even his Super Saiyan 2 wasn't enough to handle them and only by going to God could he take control of the situation. Goku's rarely even had to fight outside of his base form in this tournament, and Super Saiyan 2 Caulifla and powered up Kale require him to use God at the least.

However, what I would have loved is if this fight were between Frieza and Caulifla and Kale. I think that would have been perfect. Frieza hates Saiyans, and though he can't turn on the Saiyans on his own team right now, he can take out his his anger on the Universe 6 Saiyans. His Golden Form would be the perfect match for them. Plus, Caulifla and Kale already would have a grudge against him for knocking out Cabba.

For Frieza to be fighting against two strong Saiyans like them would have been a good climax for both of them. If Frieza's to be knocked out of the tournament, it would have been fitting for him to be knocked out by two Saiyans. However, if Kaulifla and Cale were to get curbstomped and knocked out of the tournament, it would be fitting for it to be Frieza as it would also add tension between him and Goku and Vegeta for knocking out all three of the Universe 6 Saiyans.

I also think Caulifla and Kale are going to get knocked out of the tournament soon one way or another. Them being fused means that they both can get knocked out for the price of one. I don't imagine Kale remaining in the tournament and continuing to fight without Caulifla due to how emotionally dependent she is on her. And I don't imagine Caulifla as remaining in the tournament if Kale is knocked out since Caulifla needs Kale for help. They are a team, so I assume they're going to both be knocked out at once while they are fused.

Also, on a side note, I'm getting tired of how Saiyans are portrayed as such an "OP" race. C'mon man, before Goku and Vegeta the majority of Saiyans were strong but they weren't the strongest in the Universe or anything. Yet now it seems like any young Saiyan can go from zero to strongest in the Universe in just a few hours or minutes.

Finally, given how much they like to cut to the gods and angels talking about stuff, I'm surprised none of them had anything to say about Kale and Caulifla being given potara earrings. Why was Universe 6 the only team that came up with that idea? It seems like a huge advantage, especially if a team is desperate and only down to two warriors anyway.

source your posts

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
Oh, and a shoutout to Vegeta for being true to himself, and never letting the ego die down.

Caros
May 14, 2008

OB_Juan posted:

Oh, and a shoutout to Vegeta for being true to himself, and never letting the ego die down.

It really would be amazing if he has been sitting on Ultra Instinct the whole tournament just to smug it up in the finale. But, Vegeta.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
I'm glad the gals had the earrings. I had forgotten about them, and figured Kale's mastery of her form was the secret new character from the conversations.

Still, for the shortest moment, we saw Caulifla worrying that SHE was the weak link after taking on Goku along with Kale. They might visit that again eventually, but for now I'm rooting for Kefla (woop, woop, woop)

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
With the episode maybe out of the way i just want to say that;

I wouldn't mind another dragonball series where bearded goku is seeking adventures, and bearded vegeta is a hardened teacher in planet sadala that turns blue everytime he has to quiet that goddamn saiyan class down

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

In dub news, TFS got through with them and they pronounce Kaioken correctly and onto the last episode for the u6/7 tournament. Could see Zamasu by the end of the year. As for current stuff, episode was fun as hell and can see how Kefla way outpowers Goku. And as someone said, Goku looked evil as hell as SSG and made Kale and Caulifla look like the heroes backed into a corner. I like the switching around putting Goku as the antagonist over protagonist, if that's what they were going for.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Will say if anything I have no idea how Goku's going to win without it feeling really forced and stupid. Dude's getting super clowned on at the episodes end and it would be really lame if he just went blue and woops I won now haha good try girls.

Episode in general felt weird. Kale goes berserk earlier and totally no-sells a full power blue beam attack and nothing can stop her.
Kale gets the form and it's totally under control and suddenly red can no sell her attacks ez and he blows her the gently caress back. I'm good about writing things off as long as they're cool but that's just kind of baffling.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Episode in general felt weird. Kale goes berserk earlier and totally no-sells a full power blue beam attack and nothing can stop her.
Kale gets the form and it's totally under control and suddenly red can no sell her attacks ez and he blows her the gently caress back. I'm good about writing things off as long as they're cool but that's just kind of baffling.
I'm not saying this is the best reasoning but: Not being bezerk also means you also care about self preservation not just relentlessly attack whatever gets thrown at you.

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!
The dumb fanservice part of me wants them to bust out Vegito again. Do we think he's going to get back to ultra instinct already?

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Kithkar posted:

The dumb fanservice part of me wants them to bust out Vegito again. Do we think he's going to get back to ultra instinct already?

I doubt Vegeta would go for it but the first canon appearance of Gogeta would be even better imo.

Azathoth256
Mar 30, 2010

OB_Juan posted:

It would be fun if he screamed about being prince of all saiyans, for old times' sake.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Episode was better than last week's and the animation was superb. I was disappointed we didnt see Freeza fight either of the U6 Saiyans, but i'm glad to see that Dyspo was intimidated by him. So it looks like Freeza, even without turning gold, is stronger than Dyspo. But then again power levels are bullshit.

It WAS kinda weird seeing Kale having to team up with Caulifla, though. Yeah power levels are bullshit but come on, she was easily stronger than Super Saiyan Blue Goku earlier. But then again maybe she has more raw power but isnt as experienced or skilled.

Freeza seemed amused by Kafla, not worried. He definitely has something up his sleeve. I still think he can tap into haikai energy and become a semi-God of Destruction. And can possible go ultra instinct. But we'll see.

Disappointed that we didnt see Gohan, Piccolo, the U6 Saiyans, or the androids.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Genocyber posted:

I'm going to give you a noogie.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

This show continues to be a fuckin' riot. Kale and Caulifla are good girlfriends and I hope they kick Goku and/or Freeza's rear end.

Azathoth256
Mar 30, 2010

Spiritus Nox posted:

This show continues to be a fuckin' riot. Kale and Caulifla are good girlfriends and I hope they kick Goku and/or Freeza's rear end.

:yeah:

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Episode was so well animated, with lots of awesome fanservicey moments. Goku busted out SSJ1/2/God, laser gun fingers, Taiyoken, foot lasers, Kamehameha, Sokidan...Kafla was awesome, Freeza and Robocop were awesome...Goddamn great episode.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

https://i.imgur.com/XkPxKET.gifv
:five:

EDIT: Got some real Z vibes from some of the art in this episode

Augus fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Nov 5, 2017

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Goku actually looked legitimately shook in this episode. I really wonder how he's gonna get back to UI? Is he gonna fire a God Kamehameha at himself and just absorb the energy?

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Blue Star posted:

It WAS kinda weird seeing Kale having to team up with Caulifla, though. Yeah power levels are bullshit but come on, she was easily stronger than Super Saiyan Blue Goku earlier. But then again maybe she has more raw power but isnt as experienced or skilled.

Like I don't really know if she was actually stronger than Blue last time just because she grabbed Goku, but when she was going Berserk it felt like she was totally losing control of her power with no regard at all for her personal safety or ability to pace herself which wasn't the case here.

She also actually did stand up to SSG and it was Caulifla who couldn't deal with it at the end of the episode.

Some great animation this week, there was this one bit where Kale has Goku in an armlock and Caulifla moves in to punch him in the stomach while doing this little bouncing motion like a boxer that I thought was a great little detail.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
The perfect animation this episode, a bunch of beautiful scenes with a sprinkling of the classic episode 4 jank we've come to know and love.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Junpei Hyde posted:

Guys im starting to think Kale and Caulifla might be gay

Dude gross they are sisters.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

we need lots of gifs from this episode, it was some of the best stuff in a while

i'm really glad that kale and caulifla (and now kafla) are getting this much attention and are being this competent. i was so worried they'd get stomped or whatever but they're doing the total opposite. these two are a good team and can really hold their own

kafla should be really fun. her personality seems like they're basically kind of throwing Vegito at Goku to see what happens.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I guess Goku's already decided to do the same thing as Vegeta and save U6 if he gets the wish, since he was talking about fighting Kale and Caulifla again when he thought he'd won. Saiyans can be selfless after all, as long as it's themselves from another Universe that they're helping

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Red Goku really does look ridiculously evil. I think it's all the shading (and demented smiling). Loved the sound effects on those finger beams though.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

It occurs to me further that if the Super Dragon Balls can do literally anything, they can leave everyone erased for an arc in order to beat up Neo Super Smugboi Freeza or whatever.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
It's cool as hell that he skipped Super Sayan three and went into rose'.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I loving love that they reinforce the fact that Kale is a MONSTER who is easily on par with, or superior to, SSJ Blue in just her 'normal' SSJ state.

Like that entire final fight with God Goku, she was keeping pace and overpowering him without issue. Every time she took a tumble, it was either out of concern for, or distraction by, Cauli.

Kale powering up was enough to jar Jiren and it's great.

Imagine if Kale had even a tenth of the training of Goku or Vegeta. Or just some self confidence.

The only issue now is that the Kefla fusion is going to burn out in moments.

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy
Kefla got the Jiren superboss music so poo poo's gonna go down

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
That was the gayest episode of Dragon Ball I've ever seen.

And it was good.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Burkion posted:

The only issue now is that the Kefla fusion is going to burn out in moments.

Unlikely as they are never going to take a form as stamina burning as Blue.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Jesus Christ between this episode and tonight's UFC event I'm all hyped up like a 6 year old. This episode was really cool, loved seeing red Goku and the fusion was badass. Also pretty much everything about the Frieza scene.

Also I think in the scene where Champa gave the girls the Potara the U6 Kai had his earrings on after Champa supposedly handed them off, lol

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Shin probably feeling pretty embarrassed that he didn't think to bring any earrings

also dread from possibly being erased soon, that too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

extra row of teeth posted:

Jesus Christ between this episode and tonight's UFC event I'm all hyped up like a 6 year old. This episode was really cool, loved seeing red Goku and the fusion was badass. Also pretty much everything about the Frieza scene.

Also I think in the scene where Champa gave the girls the Potara the U6 Kai had his earrings on after Champa supposedly handed them off, lol

He's had them on whenever they've shown the U6 stands, oops. Unless they just had some lying around.