Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Gogeta isn't actually canon right? It'd be funny if Goku and Vegeta did the fusion dance in the show, but turned into someone completely different.

finally, veku's time to shine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
what the gently caress why Kefla

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Flytrap posted:

If these girls ain't part of DLC pack 6 for XV2 or DLC picks for FighterZ, I'mma riot.

Even if they don't make it into those because the characters were too recent for that, I wouldn't be surprised if they're gonna be shoe-ins for all future Dragon Ball fighting games, if only because the other only other notable female fighter is 18. Fighting games usually try to avoid being total sausage fests.

Also I appreciate how Caulifla's reaction to Kale losing control again is "wow that's so cool".

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

a cartoon duck posted:

Even if they don't make it into those because the characters were too recent for that, I wouldn't be surprised if they're gonna be shoe-ins for all future Dragon Ball fighting games, if only because the other only other notable female fighter is 18. Fighting games usually try to avoid being total sausage fests.

Also I appreciate how Caulifla's reaction to Kale losing control again is "wow that's so cool".

People seem to like the early looks at #21, so I could see her sticking around in games like Towa and Mira.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Blockhouse posted:

what the gently caress why Kefla

Because they used the potara

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Junpei Hyde posted:

Because they used the potara

Right which means it should be Kafla

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
It's because the romaji for Kale's name is Keiru, presumably, since that's how they pronounce it. in the english dub it'll almost certainly be Kafla

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I'd rather see Goku fight Kefka than see him fight Kafka, so I say keep the Japanese name.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Dias posted:

I'd rather see Goku fight Kefka than see him fight Kafka, so I say keep the Japanese name.

Those bugmen from U4 haven’t shown themselves yet, so we may yet see Goku fight Kafka

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Sade posted:

It's because the romaji for Kale's name is Keiru, presumably, since that's how they pronounce it. in the english dub it'll almost certainly be Kafla

As we all know, in the english dub it's Vegitu or Vegitot.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Blockhouse posted:

Right which means it should be Kafla

Thats not how you pronounce kale though

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Dias posted:

But it's not the Japanese name, it's just a lovely localization

The subs going with Kale for Kale and now suddenly deciding it's actually Keiru is actually stupid.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the animation was nice this episode. they've come a long way from the early days of super

y'know for being the main character, goku has an appalling winrate after og dragon ball ends

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
I think its good and cool that the main character isnt one punch man and auto wins

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

rare Magic card l00k posted:

As we all know, in the english dub it's Vegitu or Vegitot.
In the English release of the manga its Vegerot.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Tonetta posted:

I think its good and cool that the main character isnt one punch man and auto wins

not saying it's bad. it's just interesting that goku is kinda out of the norm for shonen main characters in spite of being the inspiration for a lot of them

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Yeah for all of the stereotypes about Dragon Ball "Goku always wins" is probably the least true. It was the most true in OG Dragon Ball, and even then there are multiple opponents Goku lost to at least once before having to defeat them in a rematch.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
I like to think that robot cop was zipping around the arena the whole time, occasionally checking behind him and satisfied Freeza hasn't been able to catch up.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Goku has won 1 single tournament.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
Metamorphosis complete. Ready Kafka?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Goku has not beaten a single arc villain in Super except for Freeza. And that one was due to Whis letting him savescum.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Lupus Rufus posted:

so folks noticed he stole moves from Frieza right? the finger gun is his.

He knew Frieza wasn't going to get his turn so he thought he'd let him fight in spirit :smug:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Pureauthor posted:

Goku has not beaten a single arc villain in Super except for Freeza. And that one was due to Whis letting him savescum.

technically the only arc villain goku has ever defeated in a 1v1 since dragon ball is freeza

raditz: piccolo kills raditz and goku
vegeta: goku loses and krillin, yajirobe, and gohan have to finish vegeta off
cell: goku dies and gohan beats cell
buu: they need a spirit bomb and that only works because of mr satan

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
The animation during Kale's power up at the beginning was amazing.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

The animation still needs some work but I noticed the shading was different. It reminded me a lot more of DBZ

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Tonetta posted:

but also kale should have been one punch man considering much stronger she is

Edited Doctor
Dec 17, 2006
I am so upset that it took me so long to realize the joke that the Tournament Of Power was taking place on a top.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Edited Doctor posted:

I am so upset that it took me so long to realize the joke that the Tournament Of Power was taking place on a top.

Turns out the tournament ITSELF is the final boss of the arc.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Edited Doctor posted:

Holy poo poo

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Edited Doctor posted:

As the Grand Priest is the strongest dad, his dad jokes have to be too.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
This episode is amazing and I am totally rooting for Kefla to beat Goku's rear end. I feel like she might be the biggest wild card in the tournament since they've devoted so much time to developing Cauli and Kale (they've had four episodes including this one) that I can't imagine they're just gonna get jobbed. Compare that to Vegeta who they only really used to develop Cabba, and Gohan who seems to be stuck fighting fodder.

Also did anyone catch that Vegeta actually used Kale's name this time? Sounds like she's earned his respect.

Edited Doctor posted:

What the gently caress

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

wtf is gohan's va doing the tournament announcer's voice in the kai dub

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Stairmaster posted:

but also kale should have been one punch man considering much stronger she is

Power levels don't matter

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Edited Doctor posted:

How did i not see this.

Also, stay away from the youtube comments holy poo poo, people angry about female goku is ridiculous, this is a good rear end fight

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
That's general advice, never look at comments. Ever. Also come on guys, ToP and fighting on a TOP, this is a series that revels in word play and puns..

It took me a bit to notice it too so :v:

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

If it's female then you bet there are gonna be thousands of angry sad men yelling at it from behind their computer screens

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy

Edited Doctor posted:

You win the dragon balls

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
As a loyal and dedicated fan who saw Goten and Trunks, two children who never fought seriously before and learned how to properly fuse within an hour and be on Majin Buu’s level, It upsets me that I didn’t see Kale or Caulifla train their entire lives and just show up strong so they don’t deserve to be strong. Furthermore,

Back Alley Borks
Oct 22, 2017

Awoo.

Edited Doctor posted:

And until now, I thought the only pun with ToP was that the point of it is to determine the top (i.e. best) universe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy
Now I want Robocop to make the top spin