Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy
So does Vegeta have Hulk Hogan strength solely from his gravity training? Cabba needs a gravity chamber for maximum back tingles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Yesh posted:

Cabba needs a gravity chamber for maximum back tingles
He just needs a massage chair, it'll vibrate and tingle his back so much he'll go Super Saiyan Blue in no time.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Ekusukariba posted:

these are getting weirder and weirder

The Gohan Blanco meme has died [2016 - 2017]

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

So is Kefla going to go Legendary 3 and get one good solid hit in on Jiren before popping apart and getting rung out, right

Though I wouldn't be surprised if there is a point coming where Cauli is gone and Kale has to actually fend for herself to keep U6 in the fight, teaching her real loving fast how to be confident

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Black August posted:

So is Kefla going to go Legendary 3 and get one good solid hit in on Jiren before popping apart and getting rung out, right

Though I wouldn't be surprised if there is a point coming where Cauli is gone and Kale has to actually fend for herself to keep U6 in the fight, teaching her real loving fast how to be confident

She'll have to do something to justify defusing before the tournament is over so ssj3 or other transformation is likely, and I have to assume that either Caulifla or Kale will be the last Universe 6 to lose because it'd just be strange for the rando namekians to be the last hope, so we'll hopefully get some more good fights

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Kelp Plankton posted:

it was funny when it was a short little thing, that long mess has too much detail and explanation and meme-crossover from other stuff

Pretty much the same fate as the old Tails Get Bullied comic.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Ekusukariba posted:

She'll have to do something to justify defusing before the tournament is over so ssj3 or other transformation is likely, and I have to assume that either Caulifla or Kale will be the last Universe 6 to lose because it'd just be strange for the rando namekians to be the last hope, so we'll hopefully get some more good fights

I'm telling you guys, those Namekian's snuck in their universe's Dragon Balls and are going to wish their team back into the match. Zen-oh will let it slide because their dragon is cool.

It'll be Champa's other other secret weapon.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I legit would not be shocked if they have a set, or even like tiny shards of a set for a single one-off minor wish as a trump card

U6: Doing what U7 is too proud and dumb to do

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

I would unironically prefer if these two Namekians got the spotlight over any of the U6 Saiyans.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Black August posted:

I legit would not be shocked if they have a set, or even like tiny shards of a set for a single one-off minor wish as a trump card

U6: Doing what U7 is too proud and dumb to do

What if their trump card is spitting out eggs to get their total remaining up?

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

Rirse posted:

Pretty much the same fate as the old Tails Get Bullied comic.

Tails gets trolled, thank you very much.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The meme has died, but the Shaggys will live on in my heart.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
love caulifla, like kale a bit less, goku looked suitably cool as ssg, the fusion owns

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I hope we get more episodes with this level of animation quality in the future because that was just nice to watch even beyond the episode's own writing.

Female Goku and Broly are so much better than their male counterparts and female Karoly, brief as her appearance was, did not disappoint. So good. Keep the U6 Saiyans forever, please.

Also this is very cute, Murata fanboying over Toriyama.

https://twitter.com/ChuckConcrete/status/926979168356700160

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

One thing I'll give the Super manga credit for is that it actually shows blood and stuff, makes the danger Goku and Vegeta are in during the fight with Zamasu come across better.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Augus posted:

One thing I'll give the Super manga credit for is that it actually shows blood and stuff, makes the danger Goku and Vegeta are in during the fight with Zamasu come across better.

Isn't the lack of blood due to tv ratings in japan and then added in on the blurays?

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Fartbox posted:

What needs to happen is that these two saiyan girls need to join the main cast of Gokus Friends

They probably will. He's said repeatedly he wants to fight them again. He's perfectly willing to train someone up to get the great fight he craves. And they show as much potential as him.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Ekusukariba posted:

Isn't the lack of blood due to tv ratings in japan and then added in on the blurays?

did they add blood for the blu-rays? first I'm hearing of that

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Augus posted:

did they add blood for the blu-rays? first I'm hearing of that

I noticed that Vegeta coughed up a LOT of blood while fighting Hit in the dub

And the dub is using the bluray versions

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Burkion posted:

I noticed that Vegeta coughed up a LOT of blood while fighting Hit in the dub

And the dub is using the bluray versions

Coughs up a lot when Goku Black impales him too iirc. The poor guy is practically Goku's squib.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Black August posted:

I am praying to Christ that Vegeta gets something here, because being stuck at Blue level while everyone else catapults beyond is kind of dull

If you feel like going down a youtube rabbit hole there are some decent (as far as youtube goes) theories that he's got a trick up his sleeve. They mostly center around his reaction to Goku going UI being calmer, plus he seems to have an easier time tracking the fight, and that he's literally the only person ever to come out of Mafuba not exhausted and terrified.

Also apparently in episode 71 both he and Goku sort of teased attaining UI (Goku dodging Bulma's punch because he was too focused on tracking Hit, Vegeta's aura changing enough for Whis to take notice when he tried to calm his ki before getting angry again).

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

goku dodging bulma was not a hint at ui. can't believe anyone could possibly think that

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

You need ui to dodge bulmas punches because they're enfused with gag character strength

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
That implies Vegeta could ever beat Arale though

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
What if Kefla is knocked out, but the Potara earrings are left behind? UI Vegito will defeat all gods and Jirens.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

HitTheTargets posted:

What if Kefla is knocked out, but the Potara earrings are left behind? UI Vegito will defeat all gods and Jirens.

This is probably what going to happen. And they probably do a good job keeping up with Jiren until the last minute when they defuse and win over Universe 11 by having one more person.

Minion of Freya
Jan 2, 2017
I really want to see the Zenos try to erase Vegito. If Zamasu could tear open a rift to a dimension that doesn't exist full of evil Gokus no reason God Vegito can't ontology himself back into existence.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I really enjoyed Goku's "aw gently caress" expressions this episode

must suck to be on the receiving end of your own power up gimmick

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Yeah, this was the one I found most interesting:

Like, that looks like genuine fear from him, like he wasn't expecting this at all, and now he's actually very unsure of what to do. He doesn't even seem to be having fun anymore either, he's really hosed up.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Eh, knowing Goku he'll have a line next episode about how waku waku he is to be facing such a strong opponent.

"Man, it's about time! I haven't had a fight like this since Jiren!"

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

"....That was like 3 minutes ago."

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

"Really? It felt like at least an hour or two had passed!"

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Spiritus Nox posted:

"....That was like 3 minutes ago."

To be fair, three minutes is a really long time in Dragon Ball, especially under Namek Time as heavy as the one in the Tournament of Power.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
universe 6 are bloody cheaters mate

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

I really hope when there's five minutes left, Frieza makes a comment on it. Nothing serious, he just goes like "Hm, five minutes left..." and that's it.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

I really hope when there's five minutes left, Frieza makes a comment on it. Nothing serious, he just goes like "Hm, five minutes left..." and that's it.

He does that and Goku just glares at him

Goku still has Namek Time PTSD

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Manatee Cannon posted:

goku dodging bulma was not a hint at ui. can't believe anyone could possibly think that

The argument is that Goku never dodges her punches (which I assume is true because she even comments on this when he dodges) because they don't actually hurt, but because he wasn't thinking about it since he didn't even really notice she was there his body just dodged on its own accord.

Like it even does a special slow motion cut of him dodging it so...I dunno, makes sense to me. The Vegeta stuff is probably nerds looking to far into it but this specific instance definitely seemed to be important.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
The real early UI hint was all the way back during the first fight between Goku and Beerus. Goku goes to attack Beerus when suddenly his body reels back on its own. Beerus praises Goku's instincts as he was about to counterattack, and Goku's body sensed it even though he couldn't consciously see the attack coming.

IWW Online Branch fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Nov 6, 2017

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Momomo posted:

Yeah, this was the one I found most interesting:

Like, that looks like genuine fear from him, like he wasn't expecting this at all, and now he's actually very unsure of what to do. He doesn't even seem to be having fun anymore either, he's really hosed up.

goku clearly isn't used to getting goku'd
but lol if you think he's not gonna have fun during a fight

TrilliontonNixon posted:

The real early UI hint was all the way back during the first fight between Goku and Beerus. Goku goes to attack Beerus when suddenly his body reels back on its own. Beerus praises Goku's insticts as he was about to counterattack, and Goku's body sensed it even though he couldn't consciously see the attack coming.

also Goku mysteriously canceling out Beerus's ultimate attack without knowing how, and then Whis discussing the concept of "fighting without thinking" during training at the beginning of RoF.
This was clearly something Toriyama already had in mind when he decided to bring back Dragon Ball and that's pretty cool.

Augus fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Nov 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Blaze Dragon posted:

Also this is very cute, Murata fanboying over Toriyama.

https://twitter.com/ChuckConcrete/status/926979168356700160

It is really telling that every single mangaka basically worships toriyama.

I remember a breakdown someone made of just how good toriyama's pacing and drafting skills were, so it's not so surprising that he's so revered.