Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Augus posted:

but lol if you think he's not gonna have fun during a fight

eh it wouldn't be the first time (raditz, freeza, goku black and zamasu)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Edited Doctor posted:

I am so upset that it took me so long to realize the joke that the Tournament Of Power was taking place on a top.

Last remaining fighter is Toppo, confirmed.

Also: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmk6ScezVFE

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Momomo posted:

Yeah, this was the one I found most interesting:

Like, that looks like genuine fear from him, like he wasn't expecting this at all, and now he's actually very unsure of what to do. He doesn't even seem to be having fun anymore either, he's really hosed up.

"Man I got to apologize to Super Buu and Zamasu, this sucks."

"...oh yeah, they don't exist anymore."

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Augus posted:

also Goku mysteriously canceling out Beerus's ultimate attack without knowing how, and then Whis discussing the concept of "fighting without thinking" during training at the beginning of RoF.
This was clearly something Toriyama already had in mind when he decided to bring back Dragon Ball and that's pretty cool.

Yeah, the endgame being Ultra Instinct has been reinforced throughout Super, the Goku/Hit episode where he dodges Bulma without thinking is basically him applying Whis' lessons - while not actual UI, he clearly was focused enough on his surroundings to react instinctively, which you could argue is the first step towards that poo poo. It's why I think people saying Goku pulled another power-up outta his rear end can't pay attention to a goddamn kid show. UI is original Super Saiyan, it's not SSJ3 (or even God form), it's been talked about and Goku has been working towards it ever since Whis started training him.

psymonkey
May 22, 2006

This post is full of pretty awesome holes. I like all the holes in this post.
The last episode was great and I am solidly in the power levels are bullshit camp; but man, there were a lot of non power level contradictions in there.

For now, my head canon is that Dragon Ball fighters only take Street Fighter style grey life unless they are completely defeated, and Sayans have innate spell vamp/life steal.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Yeah pretty much my only problem with the episode is Goku not being hurt at all by Kale's beam is pretty bullshit considering what she did to him literal minutes ago in Dragon Ball time. Probably would've worked better if it was one of Caulifla's attacks that he tanked.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
I just had a thought... has Goku ever met a woman who hasn't hit him? Or shot at him, in the case of Launch.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
That's easy to rationalize as Berserk Kale being her full but completely uncontrolled power versus brand-new LSSJ Kale still not going 100%, seeing that even though Goku had the upper hand, Kale wasn't too far behind - the one getting outright battered was SSJ2 Caulifla. Goku regaining his strength while getting punched around is just how Saiyans do PT. :shrug:

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
I think his mom was in the bardock movie.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Ekusukariba posted:

She'll have to do something to justify defusing before the tournament is over so ssj3 or other transformation is likely, and I have to assume that either Caulifla or Kale will be the last Universe 6 to lose because it'd just be strange for the rando namekians to be the last hope, so we'll hopefully get some more good fights

The rando namekians will be the last ones... And they will lose and get beatdown to Piccolo and Gohan. Thus, facing total erasure, they wimm instead opt to be absorbed by Piccolo. Thus making Piccolo relevant again with his new power

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
If you're gonna make two new characters and know they're gonna fuse and get a portmanteau fusion name, why make the names so unwieldy for fusing

Pureauthor fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Nov 6, 2017

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Saagonsa posted:

Yeah pretty much my only problem with the episode is Goku not being hurt at all by Kale's beam is pretty bullshit considering what she did to him literal minutes ago in Dragon Ball time. Probably would've worked better if it was one of Caulifla's attacks that he tanked.

Goku just reached a new level of power and then got every gram of poo poo in his body beaten out of him, he's definitely had a zenkai

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
It’s great the U6 girls get to be UI fodder!

For real: the NEP is like “super Saiyan blue defeated?!” As if that hasn’t already happened. Goku gets UI in 116 unless they focus on other fighths

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
How horrifying would it be if super ended with goku and friends being erased

Like we see them vanish and the screen just cuts to black and slowly rolls credits

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

It would probably be the best ending to anything ever made

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

I hope Kafla goes L[esbian]SSJ3 and curb-stomps Goku, making all the powerscale babies cry for days

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I wonder how the Japanese audience feels about the U6 saiyans

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Elfface posted:

I just had a thought... has Goku ever met a woman who hasn't hit him? Or shot at him, in the case of Launch.

Did Videl ever punch him?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I think of Berserk Kale vs. In Control Kale kinda like Kid Buu vs. Super Buu. Super Buu is technically stronger, but Kid Buu's complete disregard for anything but destruction made him a much bigger threat.

I can't wait for DB Heroes or something to introduce In Control Broly, the Broly there his dad was nice and told him he loved him.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Saagonsa posted:

If you rewatch Berserk Kale manhandling Goku, she slammed and threw him around a bunch but he really didn't look like he was being seriously hurt and he didn't seem to be drained/need to rest after the fight, and he hadn't even pulled out all the stops yet because he was still doing that dumb thing he does when he meets a new opponent and sizes them up. I don't think it's implausible for a prepared Goku to no sell Kale's stuff based on that.

Hell, it looked like he was taking more damage and feeling a lot more pain from Caulifla punching him in the stomach while Kale held him in this ep than when Berserk Kale was dragging him through a rock face back in ep 100.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Elfface posted:

Forget women, how many people in general does he know that haven't tried to punch him?

Videl, I guess. She only punched Gohan.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Augus posted:

Forget women, how many people in general does he know that haven't tried to punch him?

Videl, I guess, that's Gohan's territory.
Chiaotzu, I think. Have he and Goku ever held a conversation?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

Chiaotzu, I think. Have he and Goku ever held a conversation?

Chiaotzu doesn't even exist except in Tiens head.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Didn't Chao psychic Goku in the first Goku vs Tien fight. That counts I think.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

drilldo squirt posted:

I think his mom was in the bardock movie.

nah that was just another saiyan lady

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Has 18 ever punched Goku?

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

CharlestonJew posted:

Has 18 ever punched Goku?

Nope ironically.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

SirKibbles posted:

Nope ironically.

She has kicked him!

But only recently

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

IcePhoenix posted:

The argument is that Goku never dodges her punches (which I assume is true because she even comments on this when he dodges) because they don't actually hurt, but because he wasn't thinking about it since he didn't even really notice she was there his body just dodged on its own accord.

Like it even does a special slow motion cut of him dodging it so...I dunno, makes sense to me. The Vegeta stuff is probably nerds looking to far into it but this specific instance definitely seemed to be important.

nobody in the dragon ball cast needs a special powerup to dodge freakin bulma. goku avoiding her punch was to show that he was so focused on hit's incoming attack that he even dodged bulma. it was him being tense

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Burkion posted:

She has kicked him!

But only recently

ah ok, I haven't seen every episode of Super so I must have missed it

Has Baba ever attacked Goku? Directly?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Manatee Cannon posted:

nobody in the dragon ball cast needs a special powerup to dodge freakin bulma. goku avoiding her punch was to show that he was so focused on hit's incoming attack that he even dodged bulma. it was him being tense

You're completely missing the point

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

IcePhoenix posted:

You're completely missing the point

I'm not. he was focused on hit attacking him, so when someone threw a punch he dodged it. it wasn't automatic and it sure as hell wasn't ultra instinct. goku was expecting to be attacked there

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Manatee Cannon posted:

I'm not. he was focused on hit attacking him, so when someone threw a punch he dodged it. it wasn't automatic and it sure as hell wasn't ultra instinct. goku was expecting to be attacked there

you're definitely missing the point

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

alright then fill me in

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

IcePhoenix posted:

The argument is that Goku never dodges her punches (which I assume is true because she even comments on this when he dodges) because they don't actually hurt, but because he wasn't thinking about it since he didn't even really notice she was there his body just dodged on its own accord.

Like it even does a special slow motion cut of him dodging it so...I dunno, makes sense to me. The Vegeta stuff is probably nerds looking to far into it but this specific instance definitely seemed to be important.

it's basically this. Sure Goku was preparing for an attack from Hit but he had his eyes closed and was relying on sensing energy to try to predict his attacks. Bulma has a power level of like 1 so I think Goku could differentiate between an attack from Bulma and Hit, even with his eyes closed. They made a big deal out of him dodging bulma's slap because he did it completely unconsciously

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

ok then I'm not missing the point and you're the one missing mine since that is literally what I was arguing against :v: we just disagree and nothing you said disproves my point

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Manatee Cannon posted:

ok then I'm not missing the point and you're the one missing mine since that is literally what I was arguing against :v: we just disagree and nothing you said disproves my point

so you're telling me that scene had absolutely nothing to do with this thing they've been foreshadowing for years now?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I am telling you that yes

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
You can tell that scene has nothing to do with ultra instinct because there wasn't thirty seconds of people talking about or a flashback to it when ultra instinct actually happened

Dragonball isn't a series about subtle storytelling.

On the other hand I'm sure if you asked the writers if that was foreshadowing they'd go "Uh, sure, if you want it to be" so it's a moot point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
I just want a big punch-up between Kefla and Vegito because I want to hear two incredibly smug fusions smugging at each other while they fight.

To be honest my favorite part about fusions is the voice layering/twinning. It's such a cool way to make them feel kind of weird and otherworldly, and I particularly like how Granny Goku/Vegeta sound because of the differences between their voices normally.