Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I hope Piccolo and Gohan fuse. It's the only thing that makes sense for U7 if they want to throw in a new fusion, unless we get a canonical Android 1718, which I'd be cool with too.

I don't want U7 to be left out if there's going to be a Potara Party

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

deadly_pudding posted:

I mean, reminder that the only thing close to a fat joke with Ribrianne is that she knows Rollout. There have been more visual goofs about her flared nostrils than there have been about her spherical torso. Also like an entire universe and its gods think she's hot poo poo.

The joke with Ribrianne is not "gross lol she's fat". She talks about being powered by love on the surface, but her Dragon Ball Wish reveals that it's actually a massive ego trip because she wants the whole multiverse to treat her like her fans do, hence it makes sense that her actual rantings about love are shallow.

The nostril goofs are again part of how she's ugly, though? Same with her ego. Like that's the entire joke. It pivots around the same axis of her being a gross weirdo. It's all just extremely lazy and there's nothing else to her character at all. She's not strong or cool or anything but we keep cutting back to her.

The only thing that actually amused me was the Pretty Cure power-up reference and her power up just being wings but instead of that being the pay off she continues to hang around. At least every other lovely one-off character in this arc has had the good sense to get knocked out shortly after their introduction.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I hope Ribrianne gets a powerup and rings-out an Android or two.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

She, or someone else, might as well knock out 17 or 18. Not like either of them are doing anything useful.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Shin isn't lazy he is just dumb.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

in the words of Zeno

it's cool so it's okay

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I really enjoyed the "Everyone loves Ribrianne and she's the epitome of beauty unless you live in U7" gag.

It seems like there's been a lot of "U7 is a nightmarish hellhole full of weirdos" jokes and they land every single time for me. Their team is partially made up of a dead galactic tyrant, 2 androids with infinite energy who conquered Earth in an alternate timeline, and the reincarnation of a Demon King.

I do want Ribrianne to get at least one meaningful elimination before she leaves, though. It seems like one the Androids is a safe bet, but imagine if she knocked out Vegeta or Goku?

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Kild posted:

Shin can get lazier?

Shin's not lazy.

He's incompetent.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The Zenos are every ten year-old watching Toonami circa-2002.

They don't give a gently caress about established rules so long as something cool happens.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

A Fancy Hat posted:

I really enjoyed the "Everyone loves Ribrianne and she's the epitome of beauty unless you live in U7" gag.

It seems like there's been a lot of "U7 is a nightmarish hellhole full of weirdos" jokes and they land every single time for me. Their team is partially made up of a dead galactic tyrant, 2 androids with infinite energy who conquered Earth in an alternate timeline, and the reincarnation of a Demon King.

I do want Ribrianne to get at least one meaningful elimination before she leaves, though. It seems like one the Androids is a safe bet, but imagine if she knocked out Vegeta or Goku?

A former assassin, a genocidal soldier, a dead galactic tyrant, two androids built by nazis, the reincarnation of a Demon King and a sexual predator.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Kelp Plankton posted:

I hope Piccolo and Gohan fuse. It's the only thing that makes sense for U7 if they want to throw in a new fusion, unless we get a canonical Android 1718, which I'd be cool with too.

I hope Piccolo and Gohan, and Goku and Vegeta independantly and on opposite sides of the arena decide to Potara Fuse, but they clip on the earrings in such a fashion that we end up with Pickled Vegetables and Gogo-Kuhan.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Dias posted:

A former assassin, a genocidal soldier, a dead galactic tyrant, two androids built by nazis, the reincarnation of a Demon King and a sexual predator.

And a battle-loving sociopath who is responsible for this multiversal genocide.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Blaze Dragon posted:

A robot-fucker, and Gohan.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

A useless bald person who has accomplished nothing, and also Krillin.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Man, I only just put together than fully like half of the U7 team are mass murderers.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Gonna chime in with appreciation of 18’s tracksuit. People are coming in with karate gi, super hero costumes, traditional armor and other stuff and she pulls out the poo poo she jogs in every morning to the death battle.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I just came to the realization that Krillin is U7's Millhouse.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

seiferguy posted:

I just came to the realization that Krillin is U7's Millhouse.

But he's the Milhouse that winds up with U7's Lisa, so he is still the more successful Milhouse.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

friezas gonna stylishly murder someone and zeno will love it

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Stairmaster posted:

friezas gonna stylishly murder someone and zeno will love it

He may have already done that with the Yardrat

KoB
May 1, 2009

Blaze Dragon posted:

Its funny that it was spelled out in the show multiple times that Zeno was going to wipe them all out anyway and yet people still say this.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

KoB posted:

Its funny that it was spelled out in the show multiple times that Zeno was going to wipe them all out anyway and yet people still say this.

Yeah but that's only because the show walked it back because they realized they setup Goku to be the uncaring murderer of trillions.

I am going with the artists original intentions and seeing Goku for the monster he is.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Glagha posted:

Man, I only just put together than fully like half of the U7 team are mass murderers.

Piccolo jr has mass murdered no people I can remember so Frieza, Vegeta really . Remember 17 & 18 never actually killed anyone in the this timeline.

KoB posted:

The whooshing noise you hear is the joke using instant transmission over your head.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Burkion posted:

Has he even appeared since then in any of the bench shots?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Burkion posted:

that was not sylish

I'm thinking more like vegeta blowing up cui

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Justin_Brett posted:

Has he even appeared since then in any of the bench shots?

That's why I think he might legit be dead

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Nah, he good.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

SirKibbles posted:

Piccolo jr has mass murdered no people I can remember so Frieza, Vegeta really . Remember 17 & 18 never actually killed anyone in the this timeline.

The whooshing noise you hear is the joke using instant transmission over your head.

Didn't Piccolo kill some people as a kid or something? And I'm counting attempted murder because he was straight up prepared to blow up a ton of people had Goku not intervened. 17 and 18 are mass murderers in a different timeline and basically only didn't because Cell interrupted them so I'm also counting that. Like, if you were about to go blow poo poo up and kill countless people but just got distracted I think it still counts.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
If you think about it, we know the most about U7 (obviously) and unless the other universes get revealed to be Alternate-reality space Jesus', U7 is the worst.

Goku -- killed his grandfather, responsible for the death of his brother, responsible for the creation of machines that wipe out humanity, wanting to show off to a magic being rather than fighting him leading to the wiping out of mankind.

Vegeta -- Warrior race prince who killed millions for profit and fun.

Piccolo -- Best non-dad.

Krillin -- Allowed a killing machine to live because she was pretty, leading to the creation of the ultimate supreme being bent on wiping out all life Cell

Frieza -- TL;DR Space Kim Jong Un

Androids -- Killed people for fun and would wipe out humans if they had been able to.

Master Roshi -- Sex criminal

Majin Buu -- Sociopathic monster who really likes candy and the old men that give it to him.

Gohan -- Guiltiest of all, wasted potential.

Edit: Tien -- I forgot Tien, much like Toriyama did, once uncaring cold warrior, now plot device to show the strength of an upcoming opponent for Goku.

I'd be really interested to know everyone else's stories because U7 people are pretty much loving monsters.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

U6 has a gang leader; her second in command that's very prone to going into berserk rages and hurt friend and foe alike, Freeza with good PR and a highly competent and extremely dangerous version of Tenshinhan in Hit. And one of those Namekians is clearly Lord Slug so he's likely evil, dangerous and very derivative.

And Dr. Rota. There's no way that someone who has an offensive ability that makes him worthy of being called Doctor is a good guy.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Diabetic posted:

If you think about it, we know the most about U7 (obviously) and unless the other universes get revealed to be Alternate-reality space Jesus', U7 is the worst.

Goku -- killed his grandfather, responsible for the death of his brother, responsible for the creation of machines that wipe out humanity, wanting to show off to a magic being rather than fighting him leading to the wiping out of mankind.

Vegeta -- Warrior race prince who killed millions for profit and fun.

Piccolo -- Best non-dad.

Krillin -- Allowed a killing machine to live because she was pretty, leading to the creation of the ultimate supreme being bent on wiping out all life Cell

Frieza -- TL;DR Space Kim Jong Un

Androids -- Killed people for fun and would wipe out humans if they had been able to.

Master Roshi -- Sex criminal

Majin Buu -- Sociopathic monster who really likes candy and the old men that give it to him.

Gohan -- Guiltiest of all, wasted potential.

Edit: Tien -- I forgot Tien, much like Toriyama did, once uncaring cold warrior, now plot device to show the strength of an upcoming opponent for Goku.

I'd be really interested to know everyone else's stories because U7 people are pretty much loving monsters.

Tien also scammed a village in Dragon Ball and was planning to be an assassin, and even Yamcha who hasn't really done much the entire series started as a Desert Bandit

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Squallege posted:

Gonna chime in with appreciation of 18’s tracksuit. People are coming in with karate gi, super hero costumes, traditional armor and other stuff and she pulls out the poo poo she jogs in every morning to the death battle.

She learned a harsh lesson from her fight with Vegeta. Dress practically for battle, or you'll wind up in some frozen backwood sorting through progressively more ridiculous cowboy outfits.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Glagha posted:

Didn't Piccolo kill some people as a kid or something? And I'm counting attempted murder because he was straight up prepared to blow up a ton of people had Goku not intervened. 17 and 18 are mass murderers in a different timeline and basically only didn't because Cell interrupted them so I'm also counting that. Like, if you were about to go blow poo poo up and kill countless people but just got distracted I think it still counts.

Piccolo killed a dog in some Toei filler. That's it.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
and bulma is a heiress to a massive industrial conglomerate, the biggest monster of them all

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
These androids didn't kill anyone they just drove around in a van for awhile.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

GokuGoesSSJ3 posted:

These androids didn't kill anyone they just drove around in a van for awhile.

Yeah Vegeta was the one killing the bystanders during those fights

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Krillin not pushing the self destruct button was fine, you shouldn't be viewed as evil for not killing an innocent girl :colbert:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
taking bets who gets eliminated in the upcoming android episode. Options:

Both

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Monaghan posted:

Krillin not pushing the self destruct button was fine, you shouldn't be viewed as evil for not killing an innocent girl :colbert:

Krillin risked all life on Earth because one of the three people that were trying to kill his best friend gave him a boner.

IWW Online Branch fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Nov 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Kelp Plankton posted:

Android 35 obviously.