Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Namek also feels like it was at most a few days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Time is a human creation

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Kashuno posted:

Time is a human creation

Excuse me, the gods have full knowledge of what time is as well. They measure it in taks.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Kashuno posted:

Time is a human creation

No wonder Frieza is so bad at figuring out how it works.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Funky Valentine posted:

Namek also feels like it was at most a few days.

they got to namek and waited for 6 days for goku to arrive. at most they were there 8 days

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

deadly_pudding posted:

Man, maybe. I think it was at least 2, doesn't the Potential Unleashed Dance take like 25 hours, or something?

I remember Buu staying with Satan for a day too but then you have Goku helping the kids fuse after he's already Super Buu so idk

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
It's funny that Namek is the shortest timeline-wise, but has the longest fight in anime history.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

seiferguy posted:

It's funny that Namek is the shortest timeline-wise, but has the longest fight in anime history.

The Goku Jiren fight is the longest fight in anime history, completely with other fights and nap time in between! Jiren is just charging up his spirit bomb

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
That just sounds like two separate fights.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Goku only met Jiren like 20 minutes ago.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Oh sure, this power ranger guy beating goku almost effortlessly is cool to me, but god forbid let me have an alternate universe female goku stand up to actual goku goddamnit, lemme write a post about it.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Fargin Icehole posted:

Oh sure, this power ranger guy beating goku almost effortlessly is cool to me, but god forbid let me have an alternate universe female goku stand up to actual goku goddamnit, lemme write a post about it.

What's going to happen when alternate universe female fusion goku beats goku only to be beaten by Frieza effortlessly?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Kale and caulifa should have defeated Goku before the first commercial break. Instead here we are 3 episodes later.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
But you don't understand, Jiren's power level is soooo big~ Just look at his muscles!

Caulifla is a scrawny female. How can a female have a big power level?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

TrilliontonNixon posted:

But you don't understand, Jiren's power level is soooo big~ Just look at his muscles!

Caulifla is a scrawny female. How can a female have a big power level?

You would not believe the toxic comments I've read about Kale and how she looks when she's SSJ.

Actually you would. Because loving nerds.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Burkion posted:

You would not believe the toxic comments I've read about Kale and how she looks when she's SSJ.

Actually you would. Because loving nerds.

Its pretty dumb, literally my only complaint with them is I wish they had cooler outfits because Kefla's outfit is pretty plain looking for an awesome fusion

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i'm not a huge fan of kale, the super timid girl trope gets old fast

caulifla is pretty cool tho

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Ekusukariba posted:

Its pretty dumb, literally my only complaint with them is I wish they had cooler outfits because Kefla's outfit is pretty plain looking for an awesome fusion

Yeah I can agree with this. I like Cauli's big pants and think Kale's dressed like a normal human being, but we're in an anime.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Momomo posted:

Yeah I can agree with this. I like Cauli's big pants and think Kale's dressed like a normal human being, but we're in an anime.

their individual outfits are pretty good, but Kefla is too thorough a blend of the outfits for my tastes unlike Vegito who combines both outfits but is still distinctive enough that at first glance you know where each part of the outfit was influenced from, that being said I can't wait for her to kick Goku's rear end

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

in the next arc we'll see Kale as a more confident woman because she literally has infinite power and drat if that isn't a reason to be living like you own poo poo

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Complaining about people not liking a thing can be equally annoying to people not liking it for lovely reasons.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Carlosologist posted:

in the next arc we'll see Kale as a more confident woman because she literally has infinite power and drat if that isn't a reason to be living like you own poo poo

i mean, we already started seeing this happen when she was like "yo sis, lets beat the poo poo out of goku!!!!" all excited

shes gonna be a lot of fun

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

yeah, Kale getting excited and eager about fighting did a lot to endear her to me as a character. I wasn't as fond of the Timid Whimpering Secret Berserk aspect but now that she's genuinely enjoying herself and you see her getting into the fight it really helps sell the character because you see her getting confidence and actually doing something with it.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Stairmaster posted:

Kale and caulifa should have defeated Goku before the first commercial break. Instead here we are 3 episodes later.

They would've kicked his rear end if they fought one on one, but teaming up on a villain almost never works in DB

It's the inverse ninja principle

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

ImpAtom posted:

yeah, Kale getting excited and eager about fighting did a lot to endear her to me as a character. I wasn't as fond of the Timid Whimpering Secret Berserk aspect but now that she's genuinely enjoying herself and you see her getting into the fight it really helps sell the character because you see her getting confidence and actually doing something with it.

With how its developed I'm okay with her starting off afraid and unsure of herself because she probably never really fought that well or even done much at all, let alone knew what she was capable of. Let the poor Calufla obsessed girl have her faults.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Kale probably instantly owned anyone she fought if she became Broly during the fight. Like the only guy in U6 who could easily handle her would be Hit, or I guess maybe Vados.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

ImpAtom posted:

Also I like how Kales VA can switch from "nee-san :swoon:" to "RAGH IM BROLY" on a dime.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Kale actually tapping into the enjoyment of the battle really makes me just sad for Gohan more. In fairness, Kale IS a full blooded Saiyan, but :cmon: Gohan, just enjoy a fight without going all bloodlusty already.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I think the worst part about the Kefla is the pants. Shoulda been poofy. Heck most fusions have really poofy pants don't they?

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

HGH posted:

I think the worst part about the Kefla is the pants. Shoulda been poofy. Heck most fusions have really poofy pants don't they?

Yeah, thanks to the Metamorian(?) outfit that comes with dance fusion. Vegetto has them because his clothes are basically Goku's gi in Vegeta's colors with Vegeta's boots and gloves, and Goku's pants are like that. Fused Zamasu had baggy pants, but they were baggy nearer the thigh than the ankle like the others.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Shinjobi posted:

Kale actually tapping into the enjoyment of the battle really makes me just sad for Gohan more. In fairness, Kale IS a full blooded Saiyan, but :cmon: Gohan, just enjoy a fight without going all bloodlusty already.

He did in the pre fight before the ToP that's about it though. How Gohan acts when he cuts loose has some disturbing implications though.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Hey DBZ thread, do you like Mafia?

Stupid question, nobody likes Mafia. But if you still want to play a game of Mafia, I'm currently running Dragonball Z Mafia in the Game Room subforum.

Knowledge of the Namek saga will be an active advantage. So even if you've never played a game before and just want to try out something new, you should sign up.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
kale is okay but i like caulifla a ton. i really enjoy another characters having that whimsical, i can do anything attitude goku does, esp one that we dont know well because it feels more rewarding to see them ACTUALLY keep moving up towards a seemingly imposible goal. like i would be super happy to see cauli go blue

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Evil Goku "Goku Black" = Good villain
Girlku "Caulifla" = Good sort of antagonist but not especiall

Maybe Goku... is good...

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Looks like Jiren is about to wake back up

Jiren This Week: noticing the powered-up Goku!
Goku succeeds in turning the tables via Ultra Instinct! The mightiest warrior Jiren, who defeated Goku in their previous fight, shows interest in the powered-up Goku's battle.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Kashuno posted:

Looks like Jiren is about to wake back up

Jiren This Week: noticing the powered-up Goku!
Goku succeeds in turning the tables via Ultra Instinct! The mightiest warrior Jiren, who defeated Goku in their previous fight, shows interest in the powered-up Goku's battle.

This is for ep 116, which is next week, FYI

Also Kale stopped being so unsure of herself once she went normal Super Saiyan. She's still completely subservient to Caulifla, but she's ready to go beat people up whenever now. There were a couple times when they were resting where Caulifla had to tell her not to go fight.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, Kale was praised by Caulifla which is a massive confidence boost to her

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Then she spun around and threw her like Mario

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

TrilliontonNixon posted:

It's probably because Jiren was built up to be exceedingly strong before we even met him, while Kale Caulifla keeps reaching new heights of power without trying after her introduction.

On a side note, I wonder what it's like to be so insecure about liking a character that you have to resort to "People don't like her because of her vagina!" as an excuse. It certainly can't be because she's poorly written and just an obnoxious character, no sir.

TheLoneStar fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Nov 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

It's probably because Jiren was built up to be exceedingly strong before we even met him, while Kale keeps reaching new heights of power without trying after her introduction.

What? Kale is introduced as being Broly. Her power is always maximum, she just learns to control and focus it.