Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Does this mean that out of Nappa, Radditz, and Vegeta, Radditz was The Vegeta?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

deadly_pudding posted:

Does this mean that out of Nappa, Radditz, and Vegeta, Radditz was The Vegeta?

Yes. Nappa was The Goku, and Vegeta was The Gohan.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I think it's perfectly valid to dislike personality traits in a character like Caulifa's abrasiveness.

Where it gets dumb (and/or obviously a double standard) is when if you say you don't like Caulifla being a jerk but call yourself a huge Vegeta fan or something.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I do find it a little offputting that Caulifla and Kale are treating Goku so badly. Just a few minutes ago he was trying to help mentor them and now that he's on his last legs they're going all out, beating the poo poo out of him. Then again they're fighting to survive, so I can't really blame them

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

CharlestonJew posted:

I do find it a little offputting that Caulifla and Kale are treating Goku so badly. Just a few minutes ago he was trying to help mentor them and now that he's on his last legs they're going all out, beating the poo poo out of him. Then again they're fighting to survive, so I can't really blame them

they are doing what saiyans do?? Goku would be offended if they were like "wow thanks for powering us up a bit we will totally be cool with you now :) "

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

CharlestonJew posted:

He was beating the poo poo out of them 10 seconds earlier and basically ringed out Caulifla.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

For saiyans, beating the tar out of each other is how you show you love them.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Forget Nappa and Raditz, who is the Saibaman of the situation?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Damon

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

Forget Nappa and Raditz, who is the Saibaman of the situation?

Dr. Rota

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

holy gently caress you cracked the code

he even GRABBED ONTO THE GUY

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

So the ability that gives him the title of Doctor is self-destruction?

That's pretty dark.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

The Doctor is prepared to do anything for his universe

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
The whole concept of Super Saiyan being special was swept under the rug as soon as Future Trunks came as some mysterious man who was able to do it too. Then Vegeta got it by crying because of a situation he put himself into, and did the same thing for Super Saiyan 2. The only times this was particularly special was Goku getting 1, and Gohan getting 2, every other time has been more about keeping the characters relevant than relegating them to Krillin position.

khwarezm posted:

He was beating the poo poo out of them 10 seconds earlier and basically ringed out Caulifla.

Yeah, in fact I found it a little weird that Goku was clearly trying to ring them both out with the Kamehameha since he was just training them. They're totally in the right to start beating his rear end.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I mean Frieza did make it clear he'd be going after them sooner or later, and he's not really a 'friendly match' kinda guy. If Goku is tired he might not be capable of stopping him if he decided to do it. Plus if he's gonna bring them back anyway it's all cool.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Caulifla

is good

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
I also like Kale

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I can take or leave Kale. Caulifla is cool tho'.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Momomo posted:

Yeah, in fact I found it a little weird that Goku was clearly trying to ring them both out with the Kamehameha since he was just training them. They're totally in the right to start beating his rear end.

they've been trying to beat him from the start. they were pretty explicit on that being why they're there

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
I think the "back tingles" thing was an attempt at trying to explain how everybody can easily go ssj now, if you know how to do it then it's easy but if you don't then you have to rage out to get it. Doesn't explain Goten and kid Trunks though

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

g0lbez posted:

I think the "back tingles" thing was an attempt at trying to explain how everybody can easily go ssj now, if you know how to do it then it's easy but if you don't then you have to rage out to get it. Doesn't explain Goten and kid Trunks though

To be honest "back tingles" for all people complain about it makes sense. There has to be, as established, a way to go Super Saiyan without having a giant rage-on because Goku and Gohan both specifically trained in a form focused on being chill and relaxed in Super Saiyan, and indeed there has to be some way to trigger it besides getting super pissed off each and every time.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Manatee Cannon posted:

they've been trying to beat him from the start. they were pretty explicit on that being why they're there

Yeah but Goku saw it as two kids trying their best, like Scrappy Doo. It wasn't until late in the fight that he started to change his mind on that.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Momomo posted:

Saiyans are the manifestation of "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger" so they endlessly try and actually destroy each other

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Spiritus Nox posted:

Caulifla

is good

Hi kale

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Momomo posted:

Yeah but Goku saw it as two kids trying their best, like Scrappy Doo. It wasn't until late in the fight that he started to change his mind on that.

this doesn't change anything. why is goku a bad guy for trying to ring people out in the tournament where failure means your universe is erased

caulifla and kale tried to take him out when he was exhausted from fighting jiren but that's alright? idgi. nobody is at fault for going for a ringout in this tournament imo

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

this doesn't change anything. why is goku a bad guy for trying to ring people out in the tournament where failure means your universe is erased

caulifla and kale tried to take him out when he was exhausted from fighting jiren but that's alright? idgi. nobody is at fault for going for a ringout in this tournament imo

Goku also pretty clearly is functioning under Vegeta logic where he expects to wish everyone back if he wins, he's made comments about expecting to fight people again.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Goku went for the ringout on the presumable logic of "if this eliminates them they aren't that good and not worth my time".

Or, you know, he's a huge idiot.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Goku's logic is "I am trying to win this fight, this will win this fight"

that's it.

that's all it ever is.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Goku should lose.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Kashuno posted:

Goku's logic is "I am trying to win this fight, this will win this fight"

that's it.

that's all it ever is.

Yeah, Goku is all about testing himself and his opponents, but if he figures that he found their limit, he'll just go "okay, I had fun but I guess that's it, time to finish it". Caulifla was massively underpowered and Kale was still a step or two behind SSG, plus she wasn't willing to fight without her gal pal. At the end of the day he still wants to WIN, after all.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Caulifla and Kale are the best

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Universe 6 in general is just great and I want a Universe 6 show dammit

Cran
Mar 23, 2011
Caulifla and Kale are the best thing to happen to Dragonball since Beerus and I welcome our fast-learning U6 overlords.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
One thing I really want to see is the U6 characters reaction to finding out just what a nightmare universe 7 is. We got a little of that with Cabba but it would be fun to see more.

"Why are there so few Saiyans left? Well our version of Frost killed most of them when he blew up their planet. He tends to do that a lot, a regular Majin Buu that one. Oh, you've never heard of Buu? He's just a horrible monster from the beginning of time who killed most of our gods and nearly wiped out all life in our universe. Yeah he lives with that aging celebrity now."

IWW Online Branch fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Nov 9, 2017

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Rhonne posted:

Goku should lose.

Goku should lose

To Jiren, because he was secretly trying to have Gohan observe and learn Ultra Instinct, so then Gohan can become Ultimate Ultra Instinct Gohan.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
Am I the only one that actually doesn't care for the U6 lady saiyans? I feel like they're pretty shallow characters even by dragon ball standards. There isn't enough there to like or not like. They're just there, and strong for reasons. They barely have a back story at all, and I don't care if they lose and get erased.

I'd kinda feel bad for Hit and Cabba though.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Manatee Cannon posted:

That's exactly what I was saying before? It seemed more like Goku was trying to train them before, but decided to end it when things got too serious. They responded in kind, and now we're here.

I really hope Kefla isn't just used to power up Goku, but that's kinda sounding like how it's gonna be. There's no real shame in losing to Goku of all characters, but still.

Edit: Cauli and kale have a relationship we have not really seen in Dragonball, so even if they are not stellar writing wise there is still more going on for them then like, any other characters we've seen in the tournament.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
What goddamn personality or backstory does Cabba or Hit have?

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Mogomra posted:

Am I the only one that actually doesn't care for the U6 lady saiyans?

Lol no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

Dexo posted:

What goddamn personality or backstory does Cabba or Hit have?

Not much, but at least they've been around for longer :shrug: