Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

DUB ZENO

https://twitter.com/FUNimation/status/929520887757459457

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Crabtree posted:

But uh, now I'm curious at what UI is actually supposed to be now with Angel Bitch talking about "breaking through the shell again".

How to put it(And I'll admit I'm thinking on it as I type it)....the closest is 'You are your own worst enemy'.(Which is almost literal here given Kale and Cauli are basically Goku) Your thoughts, your personality, your you, they are mostly a hindrance to get to this. About the only thing that might be helping is the standard Saiyan 'Never Ever Give Up Until Total Obliteration' attitude. The body is taking over, the mind or soul or whatever is barely involved. The Shell is 'you'.

I've encountered the idea of breaking through 'you' and going beyond in religion, but I forget which.

Oh, and don't be crude about Whis, please.

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Nov 12, 2017

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
That clip owns for Goku saying "hell yeah"

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

hell yeah, little dude

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

so I guess Goku is going to figure out how to raise his ki in UI? and that'll be the next step up in the form

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Kefla is the Gotenks I always wanted. :syoon:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Good to see that Dragon Ball has moved on to AGI tanking now.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

lotta reused animation this episode, which sucks, but next week looks like it's gonna be awesome

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Zeno's dub voice is perfect.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Pollyanna posted:

Kefla is the Gotenks I always wanted. :syoon:

But she hasn't even come up with cool attack names, how's she going to save her universe if she doesn't have an awesome name for her ultimate attack? :colbert:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

btw if Pan inherits one thing from Gohan I hope its his dorky love of superheroes

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

they really need to stop reusing tracks from the special

also there was way too much exposition

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the super dub is really good

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Shindragon posted:

Zeno's dub voice is perfect.

Is that QT from Space Dandy? Is Dandy taking over Dragon Ball?

Bloodly posted:

How to put it(And I'll admit I'm thinking on it as I type it)....the closest is 'You are your own worst enemy'.(Which is almost literal here given Kale and Cauli are basically Goku) Your thoughts, your personality, your you, they are mostly a hindrance to get to this. About the only thing that might be helping is the standard Saiyan 'Never Ever Give Up Until Total Obliteration' attitude. The body is taking over, the mind or soul or whatever is barely involved. The Shell is 'you'.

I've encountered the idea of breaking through 'you' and going beyond in religion, but I forget which.

Oh, and don't be crude about Whis, please.

I'm assuming this is Buddhist as all hell, I'm just wondering exactly are the specifics of it and more importantly, how far is Goku in understanding and utilizing it. Like I think he was using this fight specifically to figure it out so he at least has a idea on how to trigger it, be himself, but also Kafla is a good opponent that is not as strong as Jiren to test the move on and see what it can do.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Stairmaster posted:

they really need to stop reusing tracks from the special

its an anime

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I like to think that part of the reason that Kafla is just so much more powerful than say Vegito is because Kale and Caulifla fused with perfect synchronicity in their personalities

there's the LSSJ part but that's not as cool a reason

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Episode was fun, even if the animation was a bit rough and I was hoping Kefla would prove to be a bit closer to Jiren's level than to KaioBlue.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
I don't understand zeno. He seems to be a child yet is more powerful than any other being in existence. It seems counter intuitive. If anything zeno should be the most knowledgeable and wise being in existence.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

if Zeno had knowledge to match his power he would have gone full Zamasu a long time ago

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Hamelekim posted:

I don't understand zeno. He seems to be a child yet is more powerful than any other being in existence. It seems counter intuitive. If anything zeno should be the most knowledgeable and wise being in existence.

lol if you think having power makes you knowledgeable and wise.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Hamelekim posted:

seems like you understand him just fine actually

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Carlosologist posted:

I like to think that part of the reason that Kafla is just so much more powerful than say Vegito is because Kale and Caulifla fused with perfect synchronicity in their personalities

there's the LSSJ part but that's not as cool a reason

Well I'm not sure she is stronger than Vegito Blue.

Like Buu Era Vegito, sure that's no question.

Vegito Blue is arguably stronger than Beerus, which would put him somewhere either equal to or greater than Jiren.

Also the reason why Vegito is so powerful a fusion is actually the conflict between Goku and Vegeta. It's the perfect kind of conflict, a rivalry that forces both sides to become greater than they are.

With Kefla she seems to be a different kind of fusion.

Kale is superior to SSJ Blue, without question, at full power, so while Kefla did get a power boost it's not by a whole lot.

Instead the real fusion is Kale's power and Cauli's battle instinct and confidence. That's why she's so dangerous, she not only has the raw power of Kale, but knows how to use it.

She also goes from Kale being able to body SSJBlue to being able to body Kaioken Blue

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Adults create justifications. The first step towards enlightment is usually throwing all that out and being direct. Become, effectively, a child. If I remember right, the idea is 'A child accepts everything and has no preconceptions.'

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

Dexo posted:

lol if you think having power makes you knowledgeable and wise.

Eternal beings should by nature have these attributes. The fact that he doesn't leads me to believe that there are beings more powerful than zenos. That he may have parents who have let zenos create these universes to play with.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

kefla didn't even seem stronger than goku was with ssb kaioken (he just ran out of power like several people mentioned in the show itself), so I really doubt she's stronger than vegito

of course dbs is completely inconsistent about this stuff so maybe she'd kick his rear end worse than cell did mr satan's

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Hamelekim posted:

Eternal beings should by nature have these attributes.

Have you met our eternal Gods of Destruction.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012
Isn't all this who's stronger stuff kinda moot since everyone involved has been worn-out a lot at this point and not at top strength?

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

Funky Valentine posted:

Have you met our eternal Gods of Destruction.

They aren't eternal. They were finite beings, mortals who surpassed their mortality to become gods.

Toppo is being trained to replace the current God of destruction according to the comics. So they are not immortal or eternal beings.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Hamelekim posted:

Eternal beings should by nature have these attributes.

lol

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Ah yes, Dragon Ball has a long and proud history of reflecting the unchanging, perfect, omniscient nature of the divine

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Mere age does not give wisdom by default. That comes from our experiences. 10,000 years in a palace leaves you unable to deal with a cash machine unless someone explains it to you, as a random example.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
The most godly god was Kami, who is not actually divine in any way.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I hope Kefla wins, she/they deserve it :colbert:

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

Spiritus Nox posted:

Ah yes, Dragon Ball has a long and proud history of reflecting the unchanging, perfect, omniscient nature of the divine

The universe has never dealt with that topic in the past. I'm assuming that zenos is not the ultimate being of existence, but maybe I am wrong. It would make sense given how ignorant he seemingly is. power without knowledge.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

zeno is actually koenma from yuyu hakusho, the grand priest is his baby sitter, and goku will lose in a 1v1 to his dad at the end of the series

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

Bloodly posted:

Mere age does not give wisdom by default. That comes from our experiences. 10,000 years in a palace leaves you unable to deal with a cash machine unless someone explains it to you, as a random example.

It wouldn't be age or experience but nature. ultimate beings would have ultimate knowledge. They would dictate what would occur in existence even if they have never experienced it before. But we are talking about manga artists not philosophers so they can do whatever they like in regards to their universes. I just find it silly that a child is a god.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

after a trillion centuries of sitting at home playing with blocks I have discovered enlightenment

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

ultra-instinct bardock?

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

Ramrod XTreme

Manatee Cannon posted:

zeno is actually koenma from yuyu hakusho, the grand priest is his baby sitter, and goku will lose in a 1v1 to his dad at the end of the series

I actually assume at this point that zeno has parents. Why would the angels have more knowledge than the being that created them? It makes no sense. We don't know enough at this point to conclude that zeno is the ultimate being.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Hamelekim posted:

It wouldn't be age or experience but nature. ultimate beings would have ultimate knowledge. They would dictate what would occur in existence even if they have never experienced it before. But we are talking about manga artists not philosophers so they can do whatever they like in regards to their universes. I just find it silly that a child is a god.

dude have you heard about azathoth?