Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Edited Doctor posted:

I am so upset that it took me so long to realize the joke that the Tournament Of Power was taking place on a top.
:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
U6 going now would raise the stakes a bit, and all that's left for those two is fighting Frieza or Jiren and probably getting shitcanned.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

It would also make me drown in a pile of salt

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
kalefla's hair is such trash, i hope goku punches it into a better hairstyle

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Her hair is amazing and I could only dream of having hair that good.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

Hjalmar posted:

Vegeta or Goku's gonna wish for the universes back & Zeno's gonna be like" whaaaat you actually wanted those old things? ok i'll just bring them back" and then they'll finally wish King Kai back to life.

Zeno merges all the deleted universes with U7 and Ribrianne becomes a permanent cast member :getin:.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ribrianne has been around long enough that I feel like she's going to get some kind of unexpected powerup or big moment.

I don't think Universe 6 is done yet though I wouldn't be surprised if the Namekians go soon. Universe 7 is going to get whittled down if just for drama and they've been pushing Frieza vs Saiyans pretty hard.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

Why bother involving namekians unless they're gonna fuse into a super namekian

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I can see two things happening with the U6 dudes. Either they pull out their own dragon balls for a team-save wish, and/or they fuse with Piccolo when it's clear their gambit has lost and they're the only ones left. Hell, they might spit eggs even to bolster their numbers

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Augus posted:

It would also make me drown in a pile of salt

I mean that's exactly why it would be an effective move. Nobody's gonna care if U3 gets wiped out except like the one Paparoni fan that must exist out there, but every Dragon Ball fan would be devastated to witness the death of Magetta.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Black August posted:

Hell, they might spit eggs even to bolster their numbers
Out of all the theories for what the Namekians might do, I want this one the most. It'd be a nice callback to the original series.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
Trouble with deleting U6 is that everyone will then know for sure there'll be some twist at the end that results in that universe and probably others from being unerased.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I mean, it's very possible Kale will be around by the end. I can see Cauli getting tossed, leaving the one Saiyan who can match god levels to stick it out and keep U6 commentating to the end and the inevitable Tournament-derailing event.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Caulifla and Kale will be eliminated together they made a big point about being like "WOW REMEMBER A FUSION COULD BE A 2 FOR 1 IF WIPED OUT"

DBS tells everything before it happens, people just don't think about it that heavily.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Kashuno posted:

Caulifla and Kale will be eliminated together they made a big point about being like "WOW REMEMBER A FUSION COULD BE A 2 FOR 1 IF WIPED OUT"

DBS tells everything before it happens, people just don't think about it that heavily.

Pretty neat how the Mafuba was used to directly set up for the potara being allowed.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Didn't Goku and Vegito's fusion only split up because of some bullshit about the god ki making it happen?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

Didn't Goku and Vegito's fusion only split up because of some bullshit about the god ki making it happen?

No, the Potara fusions last an hour for non-Gods. Vegetto Blue split early due to Super Saiyan Blue burning through Ki stupidly fast, but he would've returned to Goku and Vegeta regardless with time.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Blaze Dragon posted:

No, the Potara fusions last an hour for non-Gods. Vegetto Blue split early due to Super Saiyan Blue burning through Ki stupidly fast, but he would've returned to Goku and Vegeta regardless with time.
So, it was retconned? 'Cause I remember in Z there was a big deal that it was permanent.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
I don't know if anyone noticed but the preview for the next episode clearly showed Jiren waking up, I don't think there's any possible way Kale and Caulifla can stand up to both Goku and Jiren, although maybe Jiren will go after Goku again instead? Regardless I think kefla's definitely on the chopping block next episode, it was fun while it lasted ladies...

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

So, it was retconned? 'Cause I remember in Z there was a big deal that it was permanent.

It wasn't really retconned, the same thing happened in Z and resulted in the delightful "Majin Buu's farts!" explanation instead of the more reasonable "it's only permanent if a Kai's involved".

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I think it's more of an issue that Z was written more than twenty years ago and Buu's magic gas was able to separate Goku and Vegega's fusion. There was no intention to keep them fused forever, but that was the reason why they broke apart in the nineties. Twenty years later, they want to bring back Potora fusion but need a new reason for the characters to split apart again.

But no matter what, everything will work out for U7 because Goku has to meet Uub somehow. And Jiren is seriously loving op holy shnikies

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Momomo posted:

Her hair is amazing and I could only dream of having hair that good.

Her normal hair is alright but as a super saiyan it's got this unripe banana thing going on.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Star Man posted:

But no matter what, everything will work out for U7 because Goku has to meet Uub somehow. And Jiren is seriously loving op holy shnikies

I have to wonder how much this is true. Quoting Kanzenshuu, "They cannot say whether or not Dragon Ball Super will link up with the original ending to the manga/anime, as Toriyama has not yet decided how it (i.e., Dragon Ball Super) is going to end".

For all we know, the epilogue might get completely retconned away. It wouldn't be unlike Toriyama, who seems to have a very flexible idea of what canon means anyways.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Black August posted:

I mean, it's very possible Kale will be around by the end. I can see Cauli getting tossed, leaving the one Saiyan who can match god levels to stick it out and keep U6 commentating to the end and the inevitable Tournament-derailing event.

I could see Kefla about to be eliminated, only for her to unfuse so one of them can throw the other back into the ring.

Twist, Kale throws Caulifa back into the ring and she eventually reaches Blue/Ultra Instinct during the tournament.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Blaze Dragon posted:

I have to wonder how much this is true. Quoting Kanzenshuu, "They cannot say whether or not Dragon Ball Super will link up with the original ending to the manga/anime, as Toriyama has not yet decided how it (i.e., Dragon Ball Super) is going to end".

For all we know, the epilogue might get completely retconned away. It wouldn't be unlike Toriyama, who seems to have a very flexible idea of what canon means anyways.
Cannons are what he uses to refill his swimming pools with money.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

So if it's a one hour time limit with Potaras, how is Kefla going to unfuse when the entire tournament is supposed to be 48 minutes?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

So if it's a one hour time limit with Potaras, how is Kefla going to unfuse when the entire tournament is supposed to be 48 minutes?

...she'll just unfuse when the time runs out/she dies?

What is the question here

Chances are she's burning through the fusion time due to Kale anyways.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

They burned to much energy during the fight and unfuse early, like how all fusions usually end in this show. Alternatively, they figured out away to unfuse at will.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Burkion posted:

...she'll just unfuse when the time runs out/she dies?

What is the question here
Because the tournament will be over when she unfuses. People keep saying they'll unfuse as they fall or whatever, and one of them will throw the other back into the ring. I'm questioning how that'll happen when the time limit won't allow that.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

every time a fusion has been prominent in this series, the timer has run out sooner than they expected at least once. the max time limit is more a best case scenario than a guarantee

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

Blaze Dragon posted:

Yeah I don't think it absolutely has to end at the point dbz did. That ending can always be hand waved away as being a look at an alternate timeline or something.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

Because the tournament will be over when she unfuses. People keep saying they'll unfuse as they fall or whatever, and one of them will throw the other back into the ring. I'm questioning how that'll happen when the time limit won't allow that.

they won't, they've made it painfully clear that they won't, but people like to have complex fan theories for a show with a plot of "punch poo poo until it is resolved one way or the other." Seriously, there is absolutely no reason Cauli or Kale will be fighting separate again in this tournament. This is the end game for them.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

spit on my clit posted:

kalefla's hair is such trash, i hope goku punches it into a better hairstyle

Proper Saiyan hair has to look like it might attack you :colbert: This is why Trunks fails so often, it's science.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

It was retconned in the best way though, because Goku and Vegeta were like "but Shin told us it was permanent" and Gowasu was like "What? No that's stupid, Shin is stupid"

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
Why is shin so freaking dumb?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

drilldo squirt posted:

Why is shin so freaking dumb?

He's the rookie whose entire police station died and now he has to be the chief without knowing how to hire anyone, how to work anything, or even how to fire a gun.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I guess the kais don't have instruction manuals

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Remember when Shin felt he had a right to run down Krillin for getting eliminated despite Krillin doing objectively more than him to defend his universe in about a minute than he ever had?

gently caress Shin.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Shin's cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Shin is a fool child in a hellhole universe with all his friends and family dead, a Destroyer who is a lazy idiot who doesn't do his goddamn job, and zero support from an uncaring and incompetent upper hierarchy

Shin is the product of a failing system