Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crazy Pigeon
Nov 2, 2010
I'm in Hong Kong for vacation and wow there are a lot of places to buy gunpla. Lots of p-bandai items for reasonable prices too. I just wish I had more space in my bag...

Also like an idiot I forgot to buy the godhands! :argh: I didn't know there were like 6 types.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

Guy Goodbody posted:

It's me, I'm the guy who filled out that survey, got to the end and clicked "no" to whether I would buy directly from P-Bandai.

Ban this filth.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
I'm trying to decide if I want to get the P-Bandai GN-X GBF version, which is secretly GN-X IV as well, or the GN-X Striker, which is secretly also the GN-X II. More I think about it the more I consider getting both to bash them together.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
https://imgur.com/gallery/35gSN

Words fail to describe how glad I am that this project is finally finished. They also fail to describe how bad I am at camera settings.

unpurposed
Apr 22, 2008
:dukedog:

Fun Shoe

Crazy Pigeon posted:

I'm in Hong Kong for vacation and wow there are a lot of places to buy gunpla. Lots of p-bandai items for reasonable prices too. I just wish I had more space in my bag...

Also like an idiot I forgot to buy the godhands! :argh: I didn't know there were like 6 types.

Same here! What places did you go to?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Neurolimal posted:

Words fail to describe how glad I am that this project is finally finished. They also fail to describe how bad I am at camera settings.

gently caress me, that's rad as hell.

Crazy Pigeon
Nov 2, 2010

unpurposed posted:

Same here! What places did you go to?

I went to Richmond's Shopping Arcade, In's Point and Fook Lee Model. The last one was a much more organized shopping experience but the others were real interesting overall. Mind bogglingly confused by the seemingly infinite Lego resellers though.

Also Fook Lee had the 7/11 Astray and Unicorn PGs that I thought real hard about.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Neurolimal posted:

This is real good!

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

My kingdom for more 00 MGs. I want an MG Virtue/Nadleeh damnit. The 1/100 No Grades are awful.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Neurolimal posted:

The Hygogg is such a cool MS. Typically I really don't like aquatic MS, but I really do love the Hygogg and Kapool. The Z'Gok is okay.

Yeah, that's right. You heard me. I don't like Acguys. They look so dumb. Yes, I hate fun.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Neurolimal posted:

:captainpop:

wanna dip this guy in butter. Love the fuel lines

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This HG Barzam review... goes places.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSVLjj8y79w

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Thanks for the kind words guys! Certainly makes me feel less bad about washing out all the metal weathering details with poorly configured color balance settings :v:

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I am glad I picked up the Mg age 2 for cheap because holy hell the legs on this thing are just awful.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Monaghan posted:

I am glad I picked up the Mg age 2 for cheap because holy hell the legs on this thing are just awful.

That whole kit just feels weird. Nothing about it is solid.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Is the high grade Kampfer a fun kit or is it dated?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Arcsquad12 posted:

Is the high grade Kampfer a fun kit or is it dated?

Why not both?

It's from 2008, so it's not built entirely to modern standards (ball joint hips, etc) but it looks fine and it's got a ton of gear. You could do a lot worse.

(Like the MG Kampfer.)

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

chiasaur11 posted:

Why not both?

It's from 2008, so it's not built entirely to modern standards (ball joint hips, etc) but it looks fine and it's got a ton of gear. You could do a lot worse.

(Like the MG Kampfer.)

It kills me that a lot of the coolest designs have old MGs that are terrible, like the Kampfer and GP02. However they finally updated the ZZ, because it desperately needed one.

I'm surprised there's no Zaku I 2.0 outside of conversion kits.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

chiasaur11 posted:

Why not both?

(Like the MG Kampfer.)

2008 is fine for me. I have an HG Ground Gundam which is great and its from 2006.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

chiasaur11 posted:

(Like the MG Kampfer.)

I'm still waiting on decals before moving on buuuut...

I actually wish the screws for joints was mandatory, they really help keep the joints together in a way I really appreciate.

Taintrunner fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Nov 14, 2017

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Gammatron 64 posted:

It kills me that a lot of the coolest designs have old MGs that are terrible, like the Kampfer and GP02. However they finally updated the ZZ, because it desperately needed one.

I'm surprised there's no Zaku I 2.0 outside of conversion kits.

It's hosed up that 0080 has so many great designs that just never show up again

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Taintrunner posted:

I'm still waiting on decals before moving on buuuut...

I actually wish the screws for joints was mandatory, they really help keep the joints together in a way I really appreciate.

I like the hoses. Boot lace?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nebakenezzer posted:

No idea, it came with the kit and I didn’t touch ‘em

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Improbable Lobster posted:

Eh... that's not really true. 0080's designs showed up in video games a lot, namely the Blue Destiny games for Saturn and Rise from the Ashes for Dreamcast. In fact, a lot of them showed up in games way more than they did in the actual OVA. The GM Sniper II is well known for being one of the coolest Feddie grunt suits ever, but it shows up for maybe 5 seconds in the OVA, if even that.

0080 and the 08th MS Team have some of the best and coolest designs because they actually kinda look like military machines. And the makers of Gundam games and model kits definitely realize this. (0080 only has 3 MGs, but HGUC has every MS from the show.)

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Video games that I haven't played don't count

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Gammatron 64 posted:

Eh... that's not really true. 0080's designs showed up in video games a lot, namely the Blue Destiny games for Saturn and Rise from the Ashes for Dreamcast. In fact, a lot of them showed up in games way more than they did in the actual OVA. The GM Sniper II is well known for being one of the coolest Feddie grunt suits ever, but it shows up for maybe 5 seconds in the OVA, if even that.

0080 and the 08th MS Team have some of the best and coolest designs because they actually kinda look like military machines. And the makers of Gundam games and model kits definitely realize this. (0080 only has 3 MGs, but HGUC has every MS from the show.)

3 MGs at the moment, but two more are confirmed in the pipe, with one of them as a standard release.

I'd even put a little money on getting a Cold Climate type sooner or later, considering the other three GMs are coming out.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Video games from 20 years ago even less :1

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

chiasaur11 posted:

Why not both?

(Like the MG Kampfer.)

I've been nothing but happy with the HG Kampfer Amazing.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Nebakenezzer posted:

The RG Gundam Mk II Titans comes with those kinda things too. You thread a wire through the middle to keep them in place.

Unfortunately all the measurements in the instructions are in millimeters (:911:) but they do have a scale ruler printed in the instructions hooray!

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

well who's fault is that?!

DamnGlitch posted:

Video games from 20 years ago even less :1

ok fine, but they're cool games

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Have any crazy 3rd party companies released any Gaia Gear suit models?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Video games from 15 years ago count though, right?

I mean, Gundam Battle Assault 2 came out that long ago, and we still deserve a Psyco Gundam Mk III.

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

I have used 41 of 300 characters allowed.

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

Nankin Hobby in Farmington and RIW Hobbies in Livonia for sure carry Tamiya. I just heard there is a store that sells Gundam in Ypsilanti on Michigan Ave. and Howell who might as well. There used to be a Hobby town in Ypsi near that plaza just off 94, but I haven't been out there in a year or so.

On the topic of plastic tubs and mould lines:

I know it's expensive, and it seems stupid compared to an exacto, but do yourselves a favor and just buy this.

It is very rigid, has sharp corners, and a good weight to it. It cleans up plastic like a hot knife through butter.

Sorry to pull this from like 5 pages ago but, how exactly am I supposed to use this thing? I got one to try it out but I’m gouging the plastic with this thing when removing nubs even worse than an xacto.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
E: completely wrong information

Yawgmoft fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Nov 15, 2017

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

worthless. posted:

Sorry to pull this from like 5 pages ago but, how exactly am I supposed to use this thing? I got one to try it out but Im gouging the plastic with this thing when removing nubs even worse than an xacto.

You just use it to scrap off the mouldlines
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nydcv415_Ug&t=150s

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

The Zaku FZ has a blink-and-you'll-miss-it cameo in ep04 of Unicorn.

But yeah, it's pretty obvious that they were never intended to be integrated with the main universe and nothing outside of veeyogamz has ever really bothered to try.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bimmi posted:

The Zaku FZ has a blink-and-you'll-miss-it cameo in ep04 of Unicorn.

But yeah, it's pretty obvious that they were never intended to be integrated with the main universe and nothing outside of veeyogamz has ever really bothered to try.

How could you possibly forget Twilight Axis?

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

worthless. posted:

Sorry to pull this from like 5 pages ago but, how exactly am I supposed to use this thing? I got one to try it out but I’m gouging the plastic with this thing when removing nubs even worse than an xacto.

You want to keep it as parallel as possible to the part you're trying to remove mould lines from. Think of it as a planer. It doesn't take really any force to use because of it's sharp edges. It's more for lines than nubs..

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
its not at all for nubs.

If you dont know what its for you may not even have the problem its designed to fix.
Use it like you would use your fingernail to scrape a mold line off. Its hard and the plastic is soft so a very light touch is needed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

Guy Goodbody posted:

How could you possibly forget Twilight Axis?

I know, right, so memorable.