Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004
Got my copy today and spent the last 2 hours or so getting everything punched, only had 1 board split about halfway like there wasn't any adhesive on it at all. Also pretty much every single map tile with a wall/hallway looks like this picture. Is it supposed to be like that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
not sure what I'm supposed to be looking for here.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

screech on the beach posted:

Got my copy today and spent the last 2 hours or so getting everything punched, only had 1 board split about halfway like there wasn't any adhesive on it at all. Also pretty much every single map tile with a wall/hallway looks like this picture. Is it supposed to be like that?

I know this game is insane value for content, but it really says something about how bad the component issues are this time that only having one board fall apart on day one is a win.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Those tiles look fine to me, what exactly is the supposed issue with them?

Kore_Fero
Jan 31, 2008
I guess its that the connector puzzle pieces are usually on doorways in other games (at least for Descent). Those tiles do seem to line up correctly though.

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004

Ojetor posted:

Those tiles look fine to me, what exactly is the supposed issue with them?

All of the walls graphics are cut off. They lock together fine but they all look wonky with mismatched walls and torches just kind of floating there. I'll get another picture unpunched in a bit.

Moonwolf
Jun 29, 2004

Flee from th' terrifyin' evil of "NHS"!

If your connectors are in the middle of hexes then they're correct. Which it looks like they are. Is there loads of black edging on one side?

I had a single sheet totally misaligned, a few bits that needed cutting, and I've had one map piece start coming apart later from a lack of glue.

Single Tight Female
Jan 17, 2008

The Moon Monster posted:

My favorite thing about the Gloomhaven community is occasionally seeing people misspell it as the Craigheart. So I'd go with that.

Kyle "Rockman" Craigheart it is then.

Speaking of errors/damaged parts whatever, I've got a pretty uniquely funny one that I'm tempted to chase up Isaac with. The last page of the scenario book was inserted into the binding first, so its natural state is to open on the item reward pages. To fix it I'd need to remove literally every single page and put them back in, so I'm wondering what the chances of getting that single page replaced are and I'll just cut out the other one.

Got the usual other stuff too, couple boards not punched all the way through so I had to cut them out, Tinkerer's little marker chits were printed pretty off, and one of the condition reference cards has Tipp-Ex or something on it, no big deal. What I'd really love is the two Random Scenario Location cards that are misprinted replaced, because my brain is slow at flipping the image.

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004

Here's the unpunched sheet. I would think all the walls and decorations should stay on the map tile? It's functional and won't impact the game but it just looks off to me for some reason.

On a side note 3M Super 77 spray fixes the split sheets like new. Its amazing and easy to do.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
That's how mine looks. I think it's normal -- the other tokens printed on the sheet are centered correctly.

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004

WhiteHowler posted:

That's how mine looks. I think it's normal -- the other tokens printed on the sheet are centered correctly.

Ok, I'm fine with that then. It's already a step up over Massive Darkness by having interlocking tiles. Can't wait to play it this weekend.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

The walls look dumb. But then you put a door token on it and it looks correct. Unlike other games there's always doors between these tiles. If they connect to make a big room you have tiles to cover up the transition. Which again hides the weird looking edge.

I looks weird but works

Kore_Fero
Jan 31, 2008
Maybe check if the hexes are the same size on each tile? It sort of looks like art got scaled incorrectly.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Here's the unpunched sheet. I would think all the walls and decorations should stay on the map tile? It's functional and won't impact the game but it just looks off to me for some reason.

On a side note 3M Super 77 spray fixes the split sheets like new. Its amazing and easy to do.

Everything else on the sheet is well within its bleed. What could you think the problem would be?

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
I don't even have my shipping notification yet and it's making me sad. :(

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

dwarf74 posted:

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Who else in the US had been obsessively tracking the Hamburg Bridge’s long journey across the Pacific and maybe cheered a little when it arrived in Long Beach this morning?

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
i'd judge y'all but i was part of the bgg thread that did the same thing for the first shipement.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

head58 posted:

Who else in the US had been obsessively tracking the Hamburg Bridge’s long journey across the Pacific and maybe cheered a little when it arrived in Long Beach this morning?

This is fantastic news. Is that the last of the boats?

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004

Poopy Palpy posted:

Everything else on the sheet is well within its bleed. What could you think the problem would be?

Like I was saying, the map tiles just look off. The torch flames just float in the air and barrels are cut off around the edges when punched. Apparently it doesn't look bad when the scenarios are set up so I think it's a non issue. My split board was easily fixed with 3M 77 spray so I think my copy came out pretty good compared to some others.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

Some Numbers posted:

This is fantastic news. Is that the last of the boats?

Pretty sure it doesn't unload gloomhaven in Cali anyway.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

ChiTownEddie posted:

Pretty sure it doesn't unload gloomhaven in Cali anyway.

Fair enough, but Cali to Oregon won't take that long.

I just really want my copy okay? :(

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

I'm in Washington State and got mine a week ago.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
E: ^^ YEAH YEAH. My brother in Seattle is already on his 3rd session. THIS DISPLEASES ME.

Some Numbers posted:

Fair enough, but Cali to Oregon won't take that long.

I just really want my copy okay? :(

You and me both. At this point I've basically watched every video I can about playing the game!

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
what's crazy about this game is that I feel like its so rich and complex and interesting but I'm only on like the second or so level of prosperity for the town, there's no telling how interesting and useful the next few layers of unlocks will be.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

dwarf74 posted:

Same here, at least it shouldn't take long to get here from Oregon since I'm in Seattle. Mine is probably delayed because I had some addons included. Or if they go alphabetically for shipping, my surname starts with the letter Y.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

dwarf74 posted:

:same:

Backer 17,600, in VA. At this point it's annoying because I hope I don't get it shipped in the next week because I'm going to be out of town for the holiday and this isn't something I really want on my porch for the duration. Gonna have to get a friend to lug 20 pounds of boardgame inside or something.

E: A couple hours later and her's my shipping note! :confuoot: Well, I guess at least I will have something to look forward to after Thanksgiving.

NmareBfly fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Nov 16, 2017

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
So with the eventual arrival of this behemoth...

(1) Is the YASS setup adequate? I am down with only spending like $20 more on a storage setup, so I'm intrigued. Especially when I'll also be spending money on...

(2) Sleeves. Where are you folks getting sleeves? Mayday is out of their incredibly inexpensive Euro Mini sleeves, so I'm looking for something else cheap. :)

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!

Bombadilillo posted:

Like I expected the guard to move and attack cause that's normal, but he Stood still and will retaliate if I hit him So now my big attack to kill him wont be a good idea.

Remember that Retaliate doesn’t trigger if you kill the target!

All of the walls graphics are cut off. They lock together fine but they all look wonky with mismatched walls and torches just kind of floating there. I'll get another picture unpunched in a bit.

Those awkward connections are always covered up with door markers or other terrain pieces. The assembled map will look just fine.

Mindthief enhancement hot tip: If you put a Strengthen on your Move 2 Heal 2 card, you will wreck things for two rounds in a row.

Red Shoe fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Nov 16, 2017

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Red Shoe posted:

Remember that Retaliate doesn’t trigger if you kill the target!

Totally misplayed that. Rules say if they are exhausted or killed they don't hit back. What about stun?

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!

Bombadilillo posted:

Totally misplayed that. Rules say if they are exhausted or killed they dong hit back. What about stun?

Retaliate still triggers on stunned targets, unfortunately.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

dwarf74 posted:

(1) Is the YASS setup adequate? I am down with only spending like $20 more on a storage setup, so I'm intrigued. Especially when I'll also be spending money on...
My Plano boxes will be here today, so I'll post once I've had a chance to separate everything and try it out. Rather than trying to cram all of the map tiles back in the box, I'm planning to keep them in a separate accordion file folder.

quote:

(2) Sleeves. Where are you folks getting sleeves? Mayday is out of their incredibly inexpensive Euro Mini sleeves, so I'm looking for something else cheap. :)
I'm planning to raw-dog it. This game has a loving LOT of cards. Even using the recommended sleeve list is too many. Since it's a co-op, I'm not too worried about a bit of card wear.

The only games I've ever regretted not sleeving are Space Alert and Dungeon Lords, but those both used terrible cardstock (and Space Alert's real-time nature makes card damage more likely).

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

WhiteHowler posted:

I'm planning to raw-dog it. This game has a loving LOT of cards. Even using the recommended sleeve list is too many. Since it's a co-op, I'm not too worried about a bit of card wear.
Yeah, good point. And I can always sleeve them later on down the line, I suppose. I'm not so much worried about them being in a pristine state; I just don't want any card wear to detract from gameplay.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

dwarf74 posted:

I went with Fantasy Flight sleeves, and only sleeve the modifiers, monster ability cards, and currently used items of the small cards, and only sleeved the currently used class ability and objectives of the large cards.
They're really nice sleeves that hold up well.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

dwarf74 posted:

Yeah, good point. And I can always sleeve them later on down the line, I suppose. I'm not so much worried about them being in a pristine state; I just don't want any card wear to detract from gameplay.

For wear and tear. There's only a few things that get shuffled, and even those aren't very regular. If you sleeve your hand of cards likes 10ish sleeves a person, those get held a lot and swapped out irregularly so you can just change sleeves then. I might sleeve my hands and that's it with leftover sleeves I have lying around.

CaptainRightful
Jan 11, 2005

NmareBfly posted:

:same:

Backer 17,600, in VA. At this point it's annoying because I hope I don't get it shipped in the next week because I'm going to be out of town for the holiday and this isn't something I really want on my porch for the duration. Gonna have to get a friend to lug 20 pounds of boardgame inside or something.

E: A couple hours later and her's my shipping note! :confuoot: Well, I guess at least I will have something to look forward to after Thanksgiving.

Did you have any add-ons? I was backer #2520 and I still haven't received my shipping notice. All I added were the solo scenarios. And I can't do the My UPS thing, because I get packages delivered to my work address.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Sleeve your actual ability cards, because those are sitting in your hands a lot and they *will* start to feel kind of gross otherwise.

That's pretty much the only thing that needs it.

nomadotto
Oct 25, 2010

Body of a Penguin
Soul of a Hero
Mind of a Lazy, Easily Distracted, Waste of Space

WhiteHowler posted:

My Plano boxes will be here today, so I'll post once I've had a chance to separate everything and try it out. Rather than trying to cram all of the map tiles back in the box, I'm planning to keep them in a separate accordion file folder.

The only games I've ever regretted not sleeving are Space Alert and Dungeon Lords, but those both used terrible cardstock (and Space Alert's real-time nature makes card damage more likely).

I sleeved the modifier deck, and it makes things a lot better, because the cards take a lot of wear and it's only like 150 sleeves. You don't need to sleeve the other cards, IMHO.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

CaptainRightful posted:

Did you have any add-ons? I was backer #2520 and I still haven't received my shipping notice. All I added were the solo scenarios. And I can't do the My UPS thing, because I get packages delivered to my work address.

I feel like back # has not played into shipping at all. Not that I could tell you the pattern haha.
E: Well...kind of know a pattern. I haven't seen anyone in Chicago get their copies via comments or bgg so its probably location based in some way.

ChiTownEddie fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Nov 16, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

One goon with the single player missions add-on got his, I got mine with no add-on. That aint the pattern.