Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

XboxPants posted:

And they didn't reach this point "in a day". They've been training all their lives, decades presumably. They didn't pop into existence just because it was the first time we saw them. Have some object permanence people.

(and this applies for Goku, too - he didn't pull UI out of nowhere, he has been specifically dedicating himself to train for it for... months? longer?)

I mean isn't the entire thing that in the U6 vs U7 tournament Cabba's base form goes blow for blow with Vegeta's base form.

But Cabba has no concept of Super Saiyan and is able to unlock it easily because he's already so far beyond where Goku and Vegeta were when they first transformed.

And then Caulifla is introduced by a guy Cabba thinks is stronger than him as a fighting prodigy?

How is it an asspull that people whose basic power is already so high would be able to easily figure out the weaker Super Saiyan transformations?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Why ain’t Goku just curbstomping everybody none of the other fighters deserve to be strong because reasons this would make the tournament more interesting

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yorkshire Tea posted:

I mean isn't the entire thing that in the U6 vs U7 tournament Cabba's base form goes blow for blow with Vegeta's base form.

But Cabba has no concept of Super Saiyan and is able to unlock it easily because he's already so far beyond where Goku and Vegeta were when they first transformed.

And then Caulifla is introduced by a guy Cabba thinks is stronger than him as a fighting prodigy?

How is it an asspull that people whose basic power is already so high would be able to easily figure out the weaker Super Saiyan transformations?

Because these guys are only freshly introduced and not people I've liked for thirty years and I don't think it's logical because of that!!!!!!

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I hope dub Caulifla and Kale are good.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Pureauthor posted:

Saiyans are punchsexual

Hitrosexual.

So anyway, done with this show now.

seriously though, it's all a bit narritively wonky just now. U7 is winning, convincingly, and getting rid of Kafka before the Nameks also strange.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I can't believe the anime ended with the bad guy winning.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
So how many more people do you think Goku will have to go through to finally perfect UI? Jiren seems a helpful sort, maybe he'll just start throwing people at
Goku until he dodges.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

QuarkJets posted:

Any more bullshit than the U6 saiyans being taught how to go SSJ by basically just clenching the correct back muscle? I feel like if you're concerned about these kinds of things then maybe you just don't get the show

For the record, I'm totally cool with it. I was just trying to say that saying cauli/kale are bad because they asspull powerups while Goku continues to exist is dumb

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I am starting to think that Freeza legitimately likes Goku at this point.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Darko posted:

Freeza will attain his revenge...by becomeing UNCLE FREEZEY.

Goku and Vegeta will just have to rot, stewing in the knowledge that their kids/grandkids like him more than they like them.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Darko posted:

Him actively cheering Goku on is extremely worrying. Still not sure what he's planning but the fact that he actually wants Goku to get stronger is a bad sign.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It would be hilarious if Frieza accidentally found himself liking Goku and didn't even realize it. He's just going "heh, i'm helping him for my own reasons this time... and this time... and this time and... poo poo why am I babysitting Pan?"

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

ImpAtom posted:

It would be hilarious if Frieza accidentally found himself liking Goku and didn't even realize it. He's just going "heh, i'm helping him for my own reasons this time... and this time... and this time and... poo poo why am I babysitting Pan?"

"Good Kami in heaven Im respecting the monkey"
*Goku blasts kefla the gently caress out*
"gently caress it Im respecting the monkey"

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

BizarroAzrael posted:

seriously though, it's all a bit narritively wonky just now. U7 is winning, convincingly, and getting rid of Kafka before the Nameks also strange.

I think they're "done" with the focus on U6, but they want to save its erasure for later in the game as one last poo poo's Getting Real moment.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

TrilliontonNixon posted:

Him actively cheering Goku on is extremely worrying. Still not sure what he's planning but the fact that he actually wants Goku to get stronger is a bad sign.

It seems like he's either going to try for some Goku Black poo poo or maybe he'll use his dragonball wish to make Goku his mind slave.

It won't work though because you can't be brainwashed if you don't have a brain

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

TrilliontonNixon posted:

Obviously Freeza has finally noticed that whenever Goku passes a milestone in terms of power, that milestone suddenly becomes exponentially easier for everyone else to pass. Instead of using the Dragon Balls, he's just gonna watch Goku master Ultra Instinct and surpass the Gods then be like "Oh I get it, it's all in the hips" and do the same thing.

Truly he is the most devious and cunning villain this series has ever known.

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
At the end of the day, nothing really beats unloading a full Kamehameha right into the opponents face. Great episode.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Augus posted:

Obviously Freeza has finally noticed that whenever Goku passes a milestone in terms of power, that milestone suddenly becomes exponentially easier for everyone else to pass. Instead of using the Dragon Balls, he's just gonna watch Goku master Ultra Instinct and surpass the Gods then be like "Oh I get it, it's all in the hips" and do the same thing.

Truly he is the most devious and cunning villain this series has ever known.

He's the only villain that realized that training actually makes people stronger and actually used that poo poo to his advantage (even if he hosed up due to a lack of patience).

I don't think that'll happen but at the same time I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if it did. Freeza can be incredibly genre-savvy when he's not raging out and he's been eerily calm the whole tournament.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Augus posted:

Poor Vegeta's been accidentally mastering this technique for years.

They still never really explained how he went Blue, did they?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

PMush Perfect posted:

They still never really explained how he went Blue, did they?

Blueberry juice

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I honestly thought the 2 Nameks got crushed by one of the rocks Kefla blasted, it looked like it fell right on top of them.
Also given that they weren't part of the initial five Team 6 members and aren't Saiyans, I think their prospects are really low now.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Blaze Dragon posted:

He's the only villain that realized that training actually makes people stronger and actually used that poo poo to his advantage (even if he hosed up due to a lack of patience).

Tbf I don't blame the guy. Dude came into the fight expecting SS levels of strength and trained himself to be on a level playing field with gods

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
He must've known Goku had gotten stronger. Didn't Sorbet or whoever tell him about Goku's fights with Buu and Beerus?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
All he knew was he'd beaten Majin Buu right?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

Obsolete forms that let them catch up to Super Saiyan God/Super Saiyan Blue in less than a day.

You're an idiot.

The only one of them that was even ABLE to catch up to SSJGod was Kale and that was because she was MAXIMUM POWER and great.

Cauli was stuck at SSJ2 and treated as such.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Batmasterson posted:

At the end of the day, nothing really beats unloading a full Kamehameha right into the opponents face. Great episode.

This. That last sequence of Goku surfing up the Christmas Twinkle Crusher and loosing the Kamehameha from three angles was just :discourse:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I really thought Kefla was gonna end up going SS3 at the end, and Goku's victory was gonna be because he timed her out on her transformation when she unfused super early, like Vegito Blue did.

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
I still love that the first thing you hear anytime that Frieza's on screen is "ooOOOHOHOHO"

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Freeza's got some kind of poo poo going on, Christ.

Also I was right about magical girl getting a last minute transformation thing. The Kamen Rider duder may have a Final Form as well

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Goku becoming best friends with a previous horrible enemy through sheer force of personality is straight up the oldest trick in his book

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

i hated cabbage the moment i saw him and he looked like he got lifted straight out of the concept art of dragon quest 9

and cauliflower turning super saiyan by feeling a tingly in her back made me boo IRL

but kale earned my approval, being a proper angry musclefreak fightperson

so in conclusion, u6 saiyans are a land of contrasts

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Calibanibal posted:

i hated cabbage the moment i saw him and he looked like he got lifted straight out of the concept art of dragon quest 9

and cauliflower turning super saiyan by feeling a tingly in her back made me boo IRL

but kale earned my approval, being a proper angry musclefreak fightperson

so in conclusion, u6 saiyans are a land of contrasts

That tends to happen in any medium involving mirror universes really

Only exception was frost though. I was expecting a good Frieza, but what we got was a war profiteer, just as bad as a space emperor.

Fargin Icehole fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Nov 19, 2017

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
This episode owned. DBSuper has been so amazing lately.
Sad to see Caulifla and Kale go out. But this was an amazing fight.
Vegeta :ohdear:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Goku grinding a power wave owned.

Can't wait for the Androids to gently caress up U2 next.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
The look on Kefla's face was priceless. The perfect mix of OH poo poo and ARE YOU loving KIDDING ME

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

Yeah, the U6 Saiyans are basically "Asspull, the characters", and I'm glad they're all eliminated.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

This guy got eliminated, now everyone has a chance to be glad.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Since UI is not a specific Saiyan transformation, couldn't anyone learn it? Even Freeza?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

rouge means red in french
My (rather boring) dream scenario at this point is Vegeta masters the Attack portion of Ultra Instinct, and then fuses with Goku, who has mastered the Defense portion, and blows Jiren away with Fully Realized Ultra Instinct Vegito.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Little Mac posted:

Since UI is not a specific Saiyan transformation, couldn't anyone learn it? Even Freeza?

Theoretically, although it's meant to be super complicated to the point that the Gods of Destruction can't fully use it, so don't expect, say, Krillin to get it.