Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Waltzing Along posted:

No idea. I needed the winter train station and I got the order just to $100 by adding two power functions items for the fairground mixer.

E: if that goes on sale in December, why isn't it on the December calendar?

No idea but all the hobbyist sites list it as 12/1 even as recently as a few days ago... so... maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
New modular is apparently a diner. Sketchy Asian blog link https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/yImC2g_UF4mGAM1S4bxsZw

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Scipiotik posted:

New modular is apparently a diner. Sketchy Asian blog link https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/yImC2g_UF4mGAM1S4bxsZw

Oh, hey, yes I like that if it's real.

no broccoli please
Apr 20, 2007

no broccoli please you are nice here is a Nathaniel Hawthorne avatar
Looks cool. Only thing that sets off my fake alarm is that the faces are more detailed, and modulars usually have minifigs with basic faces, right?

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

Yes lots of people noting that as well. I do like it if real.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Lepin are doing more "original" sets these days, could be one of theirs

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Marmaduke! posted:

Lepin are doing more "original" sets these days, could be one of theirs

This is my guess too. Except aren't they usually based off existing MOCs? I can't find any evidence of that diner already existing. Cool looking build though.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
It's got the right #s. Lepin uses different ones.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
I like the large arch thing, wouldn't like more detailed faces.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

It's using pieces that have leaked in other 2018 sets but are brand new so it's probably legit.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I'm just curious why it's a photo of aflyer that looks like it got thrown away and then pulled out of the trash and smoothed out.

Not that this makes it a fake, I just wanna know the story. :v:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I really like the pink Cadillac out in front too.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Scipiotik posted:

Looks great, but why is there a 19th century boxer walking down the street?

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The_Doctor posted:

I really like the pink Cadillac out in front too.

It's got a very back to the future town square vibe for me.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Plinkey posted:

It's got a very back to the future town square vibe for me.

Welc-c-c-come to the Cafe 80s!

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Looks great, but why is there a 19th century boxer walking down the street?

There's absolutely nothing 19th century about that guy.

The_Doctor posted:

Welc-c-c-come to the Cafe 80s!

Give me a Tab

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

ChesterJT posted:

There's absolutely nothing 19th century about that guy.

That mustache says otherwise

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

That mustache is timeless.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Amazing, we’ve found someone who apparently has never met a hipster.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Is it unusual that Quake Mech is not listed on Lego’s site? Or do they only pre-list certain big-rear end sets?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
It's not in their Xmas catalog, either. I don't know where people got this 12/1 info. OTOH, it's not a major set and they tend to not give release dates for normal stuff. Who knows. Also, I see some places say 12/1. Others say 2018.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
It’s also out in other markets, apparently. JangBricks reviewed it. Some Asian country if I remember the comment?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Could be released in different countries at different times. Hence the mixed up dates.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

I saw the Quake Mech today at Toys R Us, along with that shark-with-feet mech and some new Ninjago stuff. This was in Sacramento, CA. I didn't realize it was early.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Well poo poo now I want to go to Toys R Us despite it not being on their site...

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
I’ve sometimes had luck getting early sets in the Lego store in December, as well. Last few years we’ve gotten some Batman sets early in the US, UK seems to get Star Wars sets a bit early.

Edit: Helicarrier officially retiring, according to the U.K. shop at home. Sold out on US, but still on amazon right now.

Dogen fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Nov 19, 2017

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Holy poo poo, ya’ll that Technic Mack Truck.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The architecture studio set is so weirdly over priced. 160 for a non licensed 1200 part set? :wtf:

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
If you were on the fence about the Cinema modular, it's $105 on amazon right now with free shipping.

https://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Creator-10232-Palace-Cinema/dp/B00BFXP3G2?tag=slicinc-20&ascsubtag=f44c115ccd8611e7b16a02d4353d21bf0INT

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Gonna get bought up by scalpers.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Can’t even add it to Cart.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Yeah, it's sold out.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Feenix posted:

Holy poo poo, ya’ll that Technic Mack Truck.

I hope to be able to pick this up on some random sale on Amazon like I did the Arocs.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Now to tidy it up with a bricklink order. A quick glance suggests $20 to get the stuff I want in the right colors. :v:

Mostly around the engine, getting some of that stuff in light grey is kinda hard.

Crazy Pigeon
Nov 2, 2010

Feenix posted:

It’s also out in other markets, apparently. JangBricks reviewed it. Some Asian country if I remember the comment?

Can confirm, I just saw it in a Shanghai store yesterday and in Hong Kong last week! I was tempted to pick it up but China prices are absolutely insane. I'm talking $100usd+ for smaller sets like the quadjumper. Hong Kong was pretty decent pricing though and a lot of Lego resellers sell for some insanely low prices (Technic Porsche for about $140).

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

xzzy posted:

Now to tidy it up with a bricklink order. A quick glance suggests $20 to get the stuff I want in the right colors. :v:

Mostly around the engine, getting some of that stuff in light grey is kinda hard.

So glad you’re seeing that through. It looks great

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
So did I misread or is Palace Cinema going to be discounted on Friday @ Lego online, too?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Feenix posted:

So did I misread or is Palace Cinema going to be discounted on Friday @ Lego online, too?

It will be, but probably not by a ton. Right now the old batcave is 25% off. And they have been trying to clear those out for a long time. I think it has been 20% off for a few months. If it ever hits 50% AND I see it before it is gone 5 minutes later I will grab it.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

Feenix posted:

That's the thing some people have said. I didn't get the mailing they did. Brick bank is going on sale for 20% off in almost every other country, so I'm hoping both go on sale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I'd be happy if it hit the 30% off that it did on Amazon, but that may be wishful thinking.