Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
If (and that is a big if) Shiragaki gets redeemed, I can see is him pulling Darth Vader i.e.- losing to Deku and then ganking All for One just as he is getting ready to kill defeated Deku.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Manatee Cannon posted:

I'm sure they'll have their ideological battle while deku grinds his face into the pavement, but shigaraki is 100% ending up in super jail. they're not gonna just forgive and forget
Yeah, or Shiggy will die or something. The setting isn't really conducive to Naruto levels of forgiveness creep.

But it's pretty clear given Shiggy's mental wounds from never being saved when he really needed it, Nana's beliefs, All Might's beliefs, Midoriya's personal altruism, etc. that part of the end game will be Midoriya trying to save him.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Little Green's self-destructive heroism plus the point of the whole Symbol of Peace thing just not working long term...

There's some kind of end game going on, and Handjob is definitely a part of it, but beyond that, all I've got is speculation.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I don't know what that means.

lowercase16
Apr 19, 2008

Cyclops actually has two eyes.

Ytlaya posted:

My one issue with Shigaraki is that his motive is pretty transparently stupid. Like, being angry at heroes for not being able to save Literally Everybody has to be one of the dumber reasons to hate heroes in this setting.

I mean, yeah, I agree, but I hear that a lot from real life people who hate Superman. I've heard the argument that Superman is a selfish monster because for ever minute he spends as Clark Kent, dozens or hundreds of people die that he could have saved. It's a nonsense argument that doesn't take into consideration that Clark is a person too that deserves his own happiness or that people would still die even if Clark was Superman 24/7 until he died from exhaustion.

Then again, that's what happens when you present yourself as more of a symbol than a person. Maybe Horikoshi's planning on exploring that as a defect in the idea of the Symbol of Peace.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I'd kind of love to see a fake-out redemption arc. Like it all goes straightforward until the end where Shigaraki just leaves everyone to get hosed by the villain while he frees his team, and AFO from super prison or something.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

What if Eri's power evolves to the point where she can rewind people dying and she can suddenly undo everyone dying and this basically becomes Dragon Ball and Shigiraki is Vegeta

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

would that make afo freeza

who would all might be when mineta is clearly roshi

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Mr. Roshi is a pimp...

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Manatee Cannon posted:

AFO absorbs powers. He's Cell.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

cell just gets power ups from that but buu actually assimilates their abilities into his own, so I guess he's the pink bubblegum monster

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Manatee Cannon posted:

Wouldn't Mineta be more of an Oolong? And All Might would be Kami or King Kai.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

That chapter ruled insanely hard and the VA are a great bunch of lads. I don't think Shigaraki is using hands as power sources I think they're just trophies to him.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)

EmmyOk posted:

I don't think Shigaraki is using hands as power sources I think they're just trophies to him.

I agree but think this would be a fantastic reveal.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Crosspost from PYF cosplay.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Enji Night is a great Mt. Lady.

Also here's Nana Kuronoma as Mina

Don't uh
Don't google her if you're at work.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
So season 3 is premiering in April. Bit sooner than people expected I imagine.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

LostRook posted:

So season 3 is premiering in April. Bit sooner than people expected I imagine.
That sounds about right.

The big question is how many cours.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

THANks for posting these horny rear end pics for me to jerk off too, it’s enhanced because I know you guys also jerked off to them.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
Same

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
The costumes are good and I have no impetus to crank it to them, weirdo goon

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Never really thought about how creepy it would be for a person in real life to have fully black eyes with only vague yellow dots for pupils. It's very unsettling.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

SpacePig posted:

Never really thought about how creepy it would be for a person in real life to have fully black eyes with only vague yellow dots for pupils. It's very unsettling.

It is indeed very creepy. I'm glad she's not so creepy in the manga.
It might be the posing, too. She does unnecessary sexy poses for everything, when we're used to her being energetic and fun.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

It's why all the All Might cosplays will only ever be horrifying

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yall motherfucks weak

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

SpacePig posted:

It's her irises that are yellow, I thought? Still unsettling, but not quite as much.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

EmmyOk posted:

It's why all the All Might cosplays will only ever be horrifying

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the eyes aren't what look weird there. it's the lines on his face

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Okay this pre-

sees the mickey mouse glove on Shiga

:vince:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

lowercase16 posted:

I mean, yeah, I agree, but I hear that a lot from real life people who hate Superman. I've heard the argument that Superman is a selfish monster because for ever minute he spends as Clark Kent, dozens or hundreds of people die that he could have saved. It's a nonsense argument that doesn't take into consideration that Clark is a person too that deserves his own happiness or that people would still die even if Clark was Superman 24/7 until he died from exhaustion.

Then again, that's what happens when you present yourself as more of a symbol than a person. Maybe Horikoshi's planning on exploring that as a defect in the idea of the Symbol of Peace.

Except Superman can move at hundreds of times the speed of sound, can pinpoint every crime and tragedy happening anywhere on the globe, and has an army of robots with the exact same powers he has. He absolutely could save everyone, or at least a majority of people.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Who What Now posted:

Except Superman can move at hundreds of times the speed of sound, can pinpoint every crime and tragedy happening anywhere on the globe, and has an army of robots with the exact same powers he has. He absolutely could save everyone, or at least a majority of people.

I mean sometimes he has the robot army. sometimes he doesn't. I don't think it's been a thing for a while.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Fun fact, we can already produce enough energy to provide everyone with abundance.

We're just more fond of wasting it or collecting it.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Mordaedil posted:

Fun fact, we can already produce enough energy to provide everyone with abundance.

We're just more fond of wasting it or collecting it.

Transmission is an issue too, y'know.
Also, production byproducts, ecological impact, stuff like that.

Over here all the majority of our energy is supplied by hydroelectric but it turns out dams are actually not super environmentally friendly and since most of the dams are down south the northern regions still need their own generators. We've got some good research going on salt-solar plants, though.

Actually, I kinda wanna see proof for your claim. What country has such an enormous excess of energy it can provide for those who're short on it?

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
Just catching up and I have to say Shigaraki is becoming a rad villain and that chapter was brutal in a good way.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Kyte posted:

Transmission is an issue too, y'know.
Also, production byproducts, ecological impact, stuff like that.

Over here all the majority of our energy is supplied by hydroelectric but it turns out dams are actually not super environmentally friendly and since most of the dams are down south the northern regions still need their own generators. We've got some good research going on salt-solar plants, though.

Actually, I kinda wanna see proof for your claim. What country has such an enormous excess of energy it can provide for those who're short on it?

Germany keeps popping up in the news as having excess electricity to send to neighboring countries, on the one hand. https://www.google.com/amp/www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/germany-wind-power-free-energy-consumers-weekend-surplus-a8031141.html

On the other hand, the cheapest solar power in the world is now in Mexico, at 1.77¢/kWh, as compared to Saudi Arabia, the previous record holder at 1.79¢/kWh. https://boingboing.net/2017/11/17/worlds-cheapest-electricity.html

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Germany keeps popping up in the news as having excess electricity to send to neighboring countries, on the one hand. https://www.google.com/amp/www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/germany-wind-power-free-energy-consumers-weekend-surplus-a8031141.html

On one day with a good wind, yes. A lot of the time they have to fire up coal power plants because there isn't enough wind and/or sun for renewables to meet demand.

lowercase16
Apr 19, 2008

Cyclops actually has two eyes.

Who What Now posted:

He hasn't really had any of that since the Silver Age, some 40-50 years ago.

I mean, sometimes a writer likes to bring stuff back, like the robot Superman at the Fortress of Solitude, but for the most part, classic and modern Superman is much closer to All Might than Silver Age Superman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Shere posted:

Just catching up and I have to say Shigaraki is becoming a rad villain and that chapter was brutal in a good way.

He went from an emotionally stunted man-child to a psycho super-villain in one chapter.