Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Manatee Cannon posted:

that makes no sense to me. nothing's stopping you from watching it later and the art is incredible

OK, so I'll watch it later then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Nessus posted:

Beerus has partially mastered Ultra Instinct because he's a lazy useless fucker, objectively worse than even his brother the God of Diabetes. Given the other stuff in the manga it seems that none of the other GODs have even bothered to try learning it, or perhaps were not taught by their angels.

This is why he looked so owned when Goku busted it out.

Pretty weird to say he's objectively worse than Champa when Vados outright stated Beerus was the stronger one (because Champa is completely out of shape).

Also weird to say that none of the other GoDs have UI when pretty much every time the concept comes up, Whis refers to every GoD (for instance, "it's meant to be hard to learn, even for the Gods of Destruction"). The only moments he's specified Beerus were before the other universes were shown. If anything, it seems almost to every GoD has some knowledge of Ultra Instinct, though none has full mastery over it.

Beerus looked so owned when Goku used it because that's not something a mortal should learn, much less in whatever unspecified period of time passed since Whis started to teach him (probably around a year? Timeline's kinda hosed since Super started). Even after likely millenia of training under Whis, Beerus can barely use it, Goku showed absolute control over it even if he didn't trigger it and it didn't last for long.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
The only thing we know of the GoDs relating to UI is they know it exists.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

Junpei Hyde posted:

I would but I'm invested in the anime at this point.

S2 is being made by a totally different studio though so who even knows how it'll turn out

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Fartbox posted:

S2 is being made by a totally different studio though so who even knows how it'll turn out

True, and the dub will probably take a while to come out if S1 was any indication.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

multijoe posted:

I'm reading the Android saga at the moment and jesus christ Goku and the gang pulled exactly the same poo poo when Trunks warned them about the hellish android future. Bulma even says 'lets go use the Dragon Balls right now and then go mirk the androids before they're finished and stop the world being destroyed' and everyone from Goku down to Tien refuses as it sounds like an opportunity for good fight.

These people are have always been insane weirdos.

Bulma suggested using the Dragonballs to gently caress with Vegita and Nappas spaceship navigation to send them into a star, but once again they insisted on using the wish to revive Goku and have badass fight instead.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Rutibex posted:

Bulma suggested using the Dragonballs to gently caress with Vegita and Nappas spaceship navigation to send them into a star, but once again they insisted on using the wish to revive Goku and have badass fight instead.

imagine how short the series would be if everyone actually listened to Bulma

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy
Plot twist: The disturbing presence Hit noticed is trying to fuse with Goku when he uses UI. There's the fusionlike secondary demon voice, him giving off heat, the pictures of Goku looking evil & menacing, UI being called Ultra Instinct Omen. The (or a) big ToP bad guy will be a competent evil Goku instead of the Goku Black/Ginyu fuckups. There is a lot of ToP time left and it would be a decent way to upend the tournament and introduce a hell arc. Gohan and Frieza need rematches anyway

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Yesh posted:

Plot twist: The disturbing presence Hit noticed is trying to fuse with Goku when he uses UI. There's the fusionlike secondary demon voice, him giving off heat, the pictures of Goku looking evil & menacing, UI being called Ultra Instinct Omen. The (or a) big ToP bad guy will be a competent evil Goku instead of the Goku Black/Ginyu fuckups. There is a lot of ToP time left and it would be a decent way to upend the tournament and introduce a hell arc. Gohan and Frieza need rematches anyway

Stop watching MasakoX's silly theory videos, Goku is not being possessed by a demon.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

multijoe posted:

Stop watching MasakoX's silly theory videos, Goku is not being possessed by a demon.

Yes everyone should be watching the deep scientific power scaling analysis of Chuck the Cyber Cuck. There is no need for any other source on Dragonball:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kdva0OwLAwo

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT IS UP ALL MY SAIYANS OUT THERE?! THIS YA BOI GOKUGOD HERE READY TO KAMEHAMEHA SOME SENZU BEANS OF KNOWLEDGE RIGHT INTO YOUR FACE. READY? LET'S GO

We know already from my last video that Jiren and Goku will fuse together. Now, when you originally look at this, you'd think of course Jiku would be capable of beating any opponent. However, we still have some unseen fighters in the Tournament of Power, and the reason for that is quite clear: they are actually more powerful than Jiren OR Goku! This is obvious when you look at the fact that we haven't seen them fight yet, so they of course must be the most powerful beings in the tournament. Why wouldn't they fight if they were weaker, and get eliminated? Really, it's all about the fighting. Furthermore, with the upcoming fight with U6 Namekians, we will definitely see the creation of Super Namekian God, as Piccolo will fuse with the two Namekians and have 5 other Namekians inside of him, channeling their energy similar to Super Saiyan God. Gods are created by 5 beings of the same type, so since both Champa AND Beerus are Gods, we know there must be at least 10 others of their race that powered them up to god status, and all of them are definitely stronger than Jiku will be. I'm not saying they will definitely show up in this tournament, but considering we know there is no way that any of these universes are actually being removed, it would make sense to have all of the GOD Brothers race come in and mess up the fight between Grand ZenZen and Jiku.

Thanks for listening guys and make sure to use that Ultra Instinct to destroy both the like and subscribe at the same time, and leave a comment about who you think is more powerful, Chi-Chi or Jiren, and I'll address it in next weeks episode about how Chi-Chi is actually an angel.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

why does Ultra Instinct give you a power increase

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

grieving for Gandalf posted:

why does Ultra Instinct give you a power increase

Because its hype

That or something about striking the right locations.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I don’t think it does, which is (part of the reason) why Goku wasn’t destroying Kefla. He ended up winning simply by pushing her out, not necessarily dealing a huge amount of damage. Neither Kale or Caulifla looked particularly damaged in the stands.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Vegeta trying to fight unconsciously and getting decked by Katoplesa is going to be incredible

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
It was more the fact that they couldn't hit him.

Maybe Attack UI lets you hit harder, but right now Goku can only hit about as hard as he normally could in base form. His blows are having any affect at all because he's getting clean hits in when they're not expecting it

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

but there was a whole part of the episode with Goku and Kefla competing in power!

Whis implied Goku's attacks weren't working because he couldn't maintain the focus UI requires when attacking

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Goku was hitting Kefla hard, but not to the degree of power increase UI would grant him. The problem is that Goku had to focus on attacking, and when you focus on attacking in UI you can't put all of your energy into your attacks since you aren't on control of your energy. Goku kinda got around that with the kamehameha because all he did was focus on gathering energy for the attack like normal while letting his body handle the rest.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

okay but why does putting your body on autopilot mean it's also stronger

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Per Whis, it allows you to focus all of your energy into the attack. Less 'you are stronger' and more 'you are more in control of the energy you expend.'

at least that's the in universe understanding so far.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

If anyone was interested in it, Dragonball Fusions is 50% off on the eShop right now, bringing it down to $14.99. Totally worth getting if you have a 3DS, super fun game with a lot of crazy fusions, and an original storyline instead of just regurgitating the standard Saiyans through Buu stuff.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
UI is referred to as limit breaking a few times, so its def a power increase, but there's also definitely more to come.

in a more direct sense we see jiren literally not even care about a full on SS2 kick to the head, and also no sell SSG with a single finger, whereas he didn't do that after UI, so we at least know goku's hitting harder than either of those

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The idea appears to be that Goku has self-imposed limits and when he's acting on autopilot he is breaking past those limits. This is both his auto-dodging and probably comes with him at least some "well, Goku's body is using everything it has" too.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I'm subbing for a middle school boys class and they're watching 116 of Dragon Ball Super. This is gonna be good.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Start shouting episode title spoilers at them.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

reignofevil posted:

Now why would I do a thing like that?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

reignofevil posted:

Just start making them up.

"Impossible! The Terrifying Platinum Frieza?!"
"A Heroic Turnabout! Gohan's New Power!"
"Unexpected Defeat! Son Goku Dies In Lava!"

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

ImpAtom posted:

The idea appears to be that Goku has self-imposed limits and when he's acting on autopilot he is breaking past those limits. This is both his auto-dodging and probably comes with him at least some "well, Goku's body is using everything it has" too.

What would be cool is if Goku fully masters UI and it becomes his base form. And like Mystic Gohan it makes all other transformations obsolete and unnecessary. Though I wonder how much control he has over UI. Like if say Yamcha went to give him a friendly punch on the shoulder would Goku reflexively dodge and sweep kick Yamcha's legs out from under him?

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

ImpAtom posted:

"Piccolo's Limit Breaking Transformation! Daimao Once Again?!"
"The Utimate Technique Reborn! Beware the Kamikaze Ghosts!"
"There is Another?!?! Jiren's Forfeit!"

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

TrilliontonNixon posted:

What would be cool is if Goku fully masters UI and it becomes his base form. And like Mystic Gohan it makes all other transformations obsolete and unnecessary. Though I wonder how much control he has over UI. Like if say Yamcha went to give him a friendly punch on the shoulder would Goku reflexively dodge and sweep kick Yamcha's legs out from under him?

It's Yamcha getting hurt. You know the answer.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

ImpAtom posted:

"The Upgraded Android! Super 1718 Takes Charge!"
"The Cavalry Arrives! Emperor Pilaf?!"
"Gohan's White-Hot Fury! It's Over, Grand Priest!"

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

ImpAtom posted:

Double Universe! Beerus and Champa, Together?!
Ultra Instinct! A Shaggy Affair?!
Tournament Finish! Launch?!

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Kashuno posted:

Double Universe! Beerus and Champa, Together?!
Ultra Instinct! A Shaggy Affair?!
Tournament Finish! Launch?!

Mini-arc during the tournament:

"Earth is Left Unguarded! Resurrection R!!!!"
"Yamcha Can't Lose! Here is the Howling Wolf Fang Fist!"
"I Want To Be Strong Like Mom and Dad! Marron Unleashed!"
"Gotenks Isn't Enough! Baba's New Resurrected Warriors Join the Fight!"
""Full Power Double Sunday vs Devilmite Beam; Earth Rests on this Final Struggle!"

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

multijoe posted:

Is that an actual theory making the rounds.

A martial artist mastering his craft to such a degree his body moves on its own is like the oldest martial arts movie thing, this isn't deep.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Gotenks would clown Raditz in five seconds.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

A Fancy Hat posted:

Mini-arc during the tournament:

"Earth is Left Unguarded! Resurrection R!!!!"
"Yamcha Can't Lose! Here is the Howling Wolf Fang Fist!"
"I Want To Be Strong Like Mom and Dad! Marron Unleashed!"
"Gotenks Isn't Enough! Baba's New Resurrected Warriors Join the Fight!"
""Full Power Double Sunday vs Devilmite Beam; Earth Rests on this Final Struggle!"

Buu Wakes Up! Where's Satan?!

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

ImpAtom posted:

They were watching it with subtitles on Crunchyroll, so...

They keep trying to make poo poo up about the schedule of their halfday before Thanksgiving like I'll totally believe them, so I doubt it would work on them.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

TFRazorsaw posted:

Gotenks would clown Raditz in five seconds.

What about Super Saiyan Devil Raditz?

Especially once he achieves his stronger form of Super Saiyan Devil Super Saiyan Raditz. (Also known as Super Saiyan Mauve.)

Star Man posted:

They were watching it with subtitles on Crunchyroll, so...

They keep trying to make poo poo up about the schedule of their halfday before Thanksgiving like I'll totally believe them, so I doubt it would work on them.

Frigging smartasses.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

What about Super Saiyan Devil Raditz?

Especially once he achieves his stronger form of Super Saiyan Devil Super Saiyan Raditz. (Also known as Super Saiyan Mauve.)

Frigging smartasses.

it's Raditz, so I guess that form would be as strong as Cui.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'm pretty sure at this point that Yamcha would beat Radditz without any effort