Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

MonsterEnvy posted:

I doubt Second Form Cell was 4 or 5 times stronger then his first form. So no I think various uses of the Kaioken on Piccolo would let him beat that too.

Piccolo's year of training in the time Chamber was apparently also a massive boost according to Goku though not on Cells level.

Goku was popping off KKx20 and KKx50 on Namek at will, according to source books. If Piccolo could do the same, I don't think any of Cell's pre-Super Perfect forms would have held up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I really doubt that tbh

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Kurui Reiten posted:

Goku was popping off KKx20 and KKx50 on Namek at will, according to source books. If Piccolo could do the same, I don't think any of Cell's pre-Super Perfect forms would have held up.

When did he do x50? I feel like I remember him saying that the one burst he hit Freeza with that was actually big enough to hurt him a little bit was just a x20, and that was the best shot he had in him before the Spirit Bomb and Super Saiyan.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Piccolo could've pulled Kaioken x1,000 and he still would've lost because Toriyama needed him to lose to show off Imperfect Cell's new strength.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Spiritus Nox posted:

When did he do x50? I feel like I remember him saying that the one burst he hit Freeza with that was actually big enough to hurt him a little bit was just a x20, and that was the best shot he had in him before the Spirit Bomb and Super Saiyan.
Goku was going up against Frieza and losing slowly and someone on King Kai's planet was like "well he isn't using the Kaioken yet, right?" and King Kai was like "actually he's been using it time ten all this time."

He did it times twenty that one time he put a big ding on Frieza.

However, I think Super Saiyan is supposed to be a x50 multiplier on your power level, so that's probably where that figure was coming from.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Spiritus Nox posted:

he does say that in kai. idk if it's the same in the manga off the top of my head or if the original dub was different (kai has vegeta say goku's power level is above 8000 instead of 9000, for example)

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Spiritus Nox posted:

It would appear further research says I'm incorrect, and he was using KKx10 and KKx20 against Frieza. My bad, sorry.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

The only multipliers the Kaio-ken has ever shown are x2 (base), x3 (against Vegeta), x4 (Galick Gun/Kamehameha clash), x10 (most of Namek, vs Hit, vs Jiren), x20 (one Kamehameha against Freeza, vs Jiren) and x100 (Lord Slug). x50 was never used.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

I didn't realize just how much they've been steamrolling the tournament

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Ekusukariba posted:

I didn't realize just how much they've been steamrolling the tournament

To be fair everyone rushed them but Vegeta and Frieza are most of those.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Still pretty :smith: about Universe 10. Gowasu deserved better.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

TrilliontonNixon posted:

Still pretty :smith: about Universe 10. Gowasu deserved better.

Should have grabbed a time ring and hosed off to a parallel universe. He knew what he was getting into.

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

I feel like the worst thing about this tournament is that basically anybody who isn't u7 seems like all they've been doing the whole time is just standing around with their thumbs up their asses [and a fair chunk of the u7 team,] like all the other universes combined have about half the wins of u7. Like maybe Dr. Rota could've beat some mooks off-screen from u3 or u11 or whatever, but nope.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Slightly Absurd posted:

I feel like the worst thing about this tournament is that basically anybody who isn't u7 seems like all they've been doing the whole time is just standing around with their thumbs up their asses [and a fair chunk of the u7 team,] like all the other universes combined have about half the wins of u7. Like maybe Dr. Rota could've beat some mooks off-screen from u3 or u11 or whatever, but nope.

It's good to be born a saiyan.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Stairmaster posted:

Alternative explanation ui is Goku becoming kenshiro which is why no one can beat him when he's in that form

yeah its this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddo9pn705iI
its got afterimages, an iconic vocal track, Kenshiro using other peoples techniques, everything

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Nov 23, 2017

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

SirKibbles posted:

To be fair everyone rushed them but Vegeta and Frieza are most of those.

Well at a certain point it becomes clear you have to go after U7 or you're just delaying the inevitable.

Arc does kind of suck if you want to see anyone else do well though.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
We long since passed the period where anyone else other than Horror Show universe, U6 and U11 were not going to be the key players in the field and any other universe was going to last so long as they had a role to fill or had an actual character that they wanted to use. Ribrianne's probably the sole reason U2 is still around, I have no idea if they'll ever let U3 combine into a giant robot for Big Piccolo to Kaiju fight (probably not) and gently caress Universe 4 for being so goddamn boring! I was promised scheming rat hijinks and that fucker got chumped by Frieza actually playing the field and betraying other teams!

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I just wish they would fight the Grand Priest already. Jeez come on he is standing right there. Stop wasting my time with this drat tournament, I know they are going to fight him eventually, lets just get on with it!

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Nov 23, 2017

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Frieza is going to get resurrected so they can make neko majin z canon

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Freeza wins the wish and...wins everyone back. But in one universe.

Then they resurrect him as per their agreement, wait for him to immediately start poo poo and...he just leaves.

Because he now has several universes worth of galaxies to conquer all over again, and he wants to get back to the basics. No more monkies, no more super sandwiches. Just genocide and tyranny on the other side of the universe.

Good End.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

I'm just worried Frieza is going to try something really loving stupid and over his head, like trying to attack the Grand Priest, or Zeno. I dunno why, it's just a feeling that's nagging at me.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

I'm just worried Frieza is going to try something really loving stupid and over his head, like trying to attack the Grand Priest, or Zeno. I dunno why, it's just a feeling that's nagging at me.

It's because the idea of Freeza allowing himself to be second to anyone is so against his character

That was my biggest problem with RoF- Freeza didn't even consider doing something to Beerus

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Burkion posted:

It's because the idea of Freeza allowing himself to be second to anyone is so against his character

That was my biggest problem with RoF- Freeza didn't even consider doing something to Beerus

Beerus being present in RoF was a sudden, nasty surprise to Freeza; he discovered that Beerus was watching while in the middle of punching Goku and at that point he was primarily interested in Beerus not intervening. He still had a lot of Saiyan rear end to kick before thinking about doing anything to Beerus would even approach the table.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

But this arc seems to be about each of the universe 7 characters overcoming their deepest flaws. Roshi overcomes his perversion and uses it to power up, Goku is always letting his guard down so he gets Ultra Instinct, Gohan put away his jogging outfit, etc. For Freeza that's his arrogance and impatience.

He has been killed three times now because of his arrogance and impatience, but his time in hell has made him reflect on his errors and become a better villain. Freeza is not going to do something rash like Frost.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Rutibex posted:

But this arc seems to be about each of the universe 7 characters overcoming their deepest flaws. Roshi overcomes his perversion and uses it to power up, Goku is always letting his guard down so he gets Ultra Instinct, Gohan put away his jogging outfit, etc. For Freeza that's his arrogance and impatience.

He has been killed three times now because of his arrogance and impatience, but his time in hell has made him reflect on his errors and become a better villain. Freeza is not going to do something rash like Frost.

What about Tien? he seems to have just developed more flaws

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
The flaws they set up for Krillin also didn't matter at all, since he didn't fight anyone scary or particularly strong.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Ekusukariba posted:

Rutibex posted:

But this arc seems to be about each of the important universe 7 characters overcoming their deepest flaws.

FTFY

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Ekusukariba posted:

Tien is not finished yet. There is one Tien clone left in the arena, hiding and waiting to make his move.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Nien.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
This animes freaking great fellas. Vegeta & Freeza stomping around throwing everyone over the top rope, Andrew 17 interrupting a power up, Mister Roshi beating up a bunch of space guys etc. This is classic, no holds barred, real old fashioned anime.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide

Rutibex posted:

Tien is not finished yet. There is one Tien clone left in the arena, hiding and waiting to make his move.

this is my headcanon too

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012
They really should have brought Yamcha, he could have used Wolf fang fist against a wolfman and no one would have complained about how he was knocked out because you know 'Yamcha'

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

yamcha would have ended up fighting jiren somehow

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Stairmaster posted:

yamcha would have ended up fighting jiren somehow

"How on earth did you end up fighting the strongest person in the tournament?"

"I drew him in the first round!"

"There aren't rounds!"

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Do we have updated scorecards per fighter for ToP?

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Stairmaster posted:

Frieza is going to get resurrected so they can make neko majin z canon

Kuriza needs to be in something. The idea of Freeza's pointy headed failson running around is too funny to pass up.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

TrilliontonNixon posted:

Kuriza needs to be in something. The idea of Freeza's pointy headed failson running around is too funny to pass up.

Episode 120: A Tough Nut to Crack! Gotenks vs. Kuriza!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Agoat posted:

Do we have updated scorecards per fighter for ToP?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

People were talking about how Vegeta and Frieza were the ones cleaning house, but looking at the chart...

there's only one other universe that has as high a total as Roshi racked up solo.

Say what you will about upper management, when Universe 7 needs psychotic punchman fight monsters, they get 'em.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

chiasaur11 posted:

People were talking about how Vegeta and Frieza were the ones cleaning house, but looking at the chart...

there's only one other universe that has as high a total as Roshi racked up solo.

Say what you will about upper management, when Universe 7 needs psychotic punchman fight monsters, they get 'em.

A lack of Gods have only prompted the creation of mortal gods