Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Grouchio posted:

I wonder what happens now.
Well, the traitor plot has been stewing for a while now, might be about time for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Grouchio posted:

I wonder what happens now.

Well, as it happens we have a hero that can see the future! Let's ask him!

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
The traitor just died

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Countblanc posted:

The traitor just died

momo is alive

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I bet its the fuckin elbow tape guy

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I want translations of the newest couple of Vigilantes chapters too- Koichi is becoming full-on cool and discovering more crazy poo poo his quirk can do.

He can literally fly and use it without 3 points of contact, but only does it in a moment of absolute crisis and can't reproduce it completely afterwards.

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Nov 24, 2017

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

my gut tells me the traitor is cemento

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Fabricated posted:

I want translations of the newest couple of Vigilantes chapters too- Koichi is becoming full-on cool and discovering more crazy poo poo his quirk can do.

He can literally fly and use it without 3 points of contact, but only does it in a moment of absolute crisis and can't reproduce it completely afterwards.

Looks to me like he overcharged the repulsive force that lets him slide around to launch himself like a sort of rocket booster.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Countblanc posted:

The traitor just died

I suspected the Sand Hero from the moment we met him.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Kyte posted:

Looks to me like he overcharged the repulsive force that lets him slide around to launch himself like a sort of rocket booster.

If that's true then his Quirk could potentially be more powerful than we originally thought. Like, he could potentially put his hand on someone and blast them away with repulsion

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

SgtSteel91 posted:

If that's true then his Quirk could potentially be more powerful than we originally thought. Like, he could potentially put his hand on someone and blast them away with repulsion

Can we get Accelerator-lite please?

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Sarcophallus posted:

Can we get Accelerator-lite please?
"We can boost your quirk's power even further, we just need you to murder these clones of Kaminari 20,000 times."
"How will that help?"
"Excuse me, do you have lab coat and a clipboard? I thought not."

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Onmi posted:

Or does Emi miss the mark and accidentally turn All Might into a high-school student again who's forced to take classes with everyone else?

Actually this one might be kinda fun as a "what if" scenario.

I'm sure All Might would have no problem with it.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
I would 100% read a spinoff slice of life about Eraserhead raising Eri and trying to acclimate her to regular life again.

Plz make this happen.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Shadowlyger posted:

Actually this one might be kinda fun as a "what if" scenario.

I'm sure All Might would have no problem with it.

It would mean his insides aren't coleslaw so probably

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

Slime posted:

I think the problem with Overhaul is that he's only really interesting in the context of the VA and their interactions with him. He was fun in his introduction because of the tension between his Yakuza and Shigaraki's VA, and then at the end it was interesting seeing Shigaraki kick him while he was down out of sheer contempt for his motivations and his goals. Problem is, most of the arc wasn't about that. I think this arc would have been more interesting had Shigaraki and the VA had a more visible role in it without them being active antagonists to the heroes.

Honestly, I think this arc should have been about a conflict between the Yakuza and the VA and not have had the heroes involved at all.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

Proof that Deku wasn't quirkless.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
In terms of what to do with Eri having Aizawa take care of her is about the smartest thing to do.

Or it would be if he wasn't taking care of everyone on the VA's shitlist.

A Single Sphink
Feb 10, 2004

COMICS CRIMINAL

Eraserhead is a single dad just trying his best.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
He wouldn't be a single dad if he would've gotten back together with Toshinori. :colbert:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Do we actually know Eraserhead is single, perhaps that's the reason he refused Ms Joke's invitation

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I always thought it would be funny if we find out he has a normal family at home and he just likes to keep is personal and professional lives separate.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Probably the smartest thing to do esp with dudes like the VA showing up.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I'm kind of wondering when/if we're going to see more friction between the powers that be and class 1A. Even if All Might commanded Superman (err, the good one)-esque love and respect from the general populace, it's easy to imagine a few Sam Lanes in the military/police who are already resentful about how heroes have come to command so much notoriety and respect in superhuman society.

Someone like Eri, who you can't just lock up but definitely can't let run free, would be a perfect chance to introduce a character like that.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."
I don't know how likely that is -- the relationship between the protagonists and the law has always been pretty deferential, what with Tsuyu's "If we break the law, we're no better than the villains" line. It's a weird attitude for shounen to take, but an interesting one.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

give eri a giant hamster ball to walk around in imo

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

OnimaruXLR posted:

I'm kind of wondering when/if we're going to see more friction between the powers that be and class 1A. Even if All Might commanded Superman (err, the good one)-esque love and respect from the general populace, it's easy to imagine a few Sam Lanes in the military/police who are already resentful about how heroes have come to command so much notoriety and respect in superhuman society.

Someone like Eri, who you can't just lock up but definitely can't let run free, would be a perfect chance to introduce a character like that.

Heroes are actively endorsed by the powers that be and work alongside mundane law enforcement, though. They need to get licences and everything to do hero work.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Manatee Cannon posted:

A+ 10/10 idea

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Manatee Cannon posted:

Just get Yayorouzu to make it as part of the (probably never going to happen but would be cute af) 'Eri spends the weekend at the student dorm' arc.

e:Yorozuya
e2:Momo

Rangpur fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Nov 25, 2017

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Slime posted:

Heroes are actively endorsed by the powers that be and work alongside mundane law enforcement, though. They need to get licences and everything to do hero work.

Sure, but not everyone is going to see it so generously. It's not a stretch to imagine a firefighter who goes home and rants to her husband about how heroes get all the glory and how no one respects the mundane workers. A scene or chapter where the kids deal with someone like that who has no real power or desire to do villainy but understandable frustration could maybe be interesting.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Really if MHA's society would do anything about people with quirks that could really gently caress society/the country/the world up someone like Momo would probably be a person of interest to the Japanese government. Even if you didn't restrict her from doing anything you'd probably want to have someone keeping tabs on her to make sure terrorists or whatever didn't kidnap her to make her poo poo out components for a nuclear bomb or something.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Squinting too hard at how quirk society functions makes everything fall apart because it would be fundamentally impossible to regulate a society where every single person has unique superpowers. Even if 95% of the populace has totally mundane stuff like Deku's mom, the privileged few who have more impressive powers could cause horrendous damage. Someone with mind-affecting powers like Shinso, someone with electrokinesis(gently caress up the power grid), someone with creation powers like Momo destabilizing the economy...

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
It's already been established that the reason the current order exists as it does is because of the general understanding that anyone who does something like that will get promptly destroyed by All Might. It was heavily implied that poo poo was pretty bad before the Symbol of Peace came around.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Oh right if you're into the various [popular youtube content creator] stuff there's been a fair amount of My Hero Academia poo poo in the last couple of weeks. Wisecrack, Mother's Basement, etc. etc.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Fabricated posted:

Oh right if you're into the various [popular youtube content creator] stuff there's been a fair amount of My Hero Academia poo poo in the last couple of weeks. Wisecrack, Mother's Basement, etc. etc.

My favourite right now is probably JelloApocalypse's

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

dumb vid

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I'd say most of it is pretty accurate tbh

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

nah

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
When's Super Eyepatch Wolf making his MHA video, that's the only one I care about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Hey, feel free to be wrong as usual.