Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

This hand thing is even more ridiculous than normal and it's 100% them in a habit of getting mad about Christmas at Starbucks and figuring out a way to make that happen regardless. It's not even Starbucks trolling with positive stuff they know will anger conservatives; these people are mad because their broken minds see two arms holding hands and make the logical leaps of [hands sorts look feminine] -> [holding hands is inherently an act of love and there is no other reason] -> [they must be two women in love so LESBIANS] -> [Starbucks is pushing their subversive gay agenda IN MY FACE]. They are absolutely addicted to the feeling of anger from being persecuted despite actually never being persecuted for anything.

EDIT: Unless of course this is an elaborate troll to get people that are mad about people mad at the War on Christmas riled and then touche.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Nov 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
It's weird that it's always Starbucks, because it's not like everywhere else has seasonal packaging that is not using purely evangelical Christmas imagery. The best I can think of is that Starbucks is well know as being founded in that godless liberal hellhole known as Seattle.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Iron Crowned posted:

It's weird that it's always Starbucks, because it's not like everywhere else has seasonal packaging that is not using purely evangelical Christmas imagery. The best I can think of is that Starbucks is well know as being founded in that godless liberal hellhole known as Seattle.

starbucks is a popular target for conservative rage because it is ubiquitous and vaguely liberal, so you get to feel like a real billy badass when you buy your coffee at a diner or gas station or whatever

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Radish posted:

EDIT: Unless of course this is an elaborate troll to get people that are mad about people mad at the War on Christmas riled and then touche.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

I was poo poo talking a pastor on YouTube for supporting Roy Moore. Called him a hypocrite Christian. He then said I'm no better because I support abortions. When I told him I didn't, he immediately said I was an atheist who hates God. You can't reason with mental illness.

I am so incredibly sick of professional Christians. Jesus would've kicked all their asses. :colbert:

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

boner confessor posted:

starbucks is a popular target for conservative rage because it is ubiquitous and vaguely liberal, so you get to feel like a real billy badass when you buy your coffee at a diner or gas station or whatever

Yeah, it's the face of the latte-sippin' liberal stereotype they've had built up in their heads.

It's even worse considering a lot of other chains have jumped on serving that type of coffee as well. Hell, Tim Hortons' advertising these days is almost non-stop about its lattes.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Moktaro posted:

I am so incredibly sick of professional Christians. Jesus would've kicked all their asses. :colbert:

I read a loving Jim Baker article somewhere this morning or last night where he's selling pancake mix for $60 a bag and offering it as a defense against the apocolypse or some poo poo. Probably Cracked or Av Club. People still hand this creepy mother loving felon their hard earned money. There's some other televangilist rear end in a top hat selling "miracle spring water" that claims to cure disease.

gently caress these people and the idiots that fork over their money to them. I hate megachurch televangalist poo poo heads, faith healers and snake oil salesmen. Deserves its own thread really.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

BiggerBoat posted:

I read a loving Jim Baker article somewhere this morning or last night where he's selling pancake mix for $60 a bag and offering it as a defense against the apocolypse or some poo poo.

That is actually one of the least objectionable things that Jim Bakker is up to these days. This rear end in a top hat is pretty openly agitating for violence against anyone who opposes Trump right now by quite literally demonizing them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wQ_LWuwoJc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i656gsR6Kbw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMLi-JR0rFA

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Office Pig posted:

https://twitter.com/ErikWemple/status/932992720653692932
Hannity: “I get to say the craziest poo poo at our most visible hours and it’s getting people kinda mad.”
Levin: “Hold my beer.”

50% of this was because their millennial outreach person found that the kids love Dick and Morty

PhazonLink fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Nov 21, 2017

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

PhazonLink posted:

50% of this was because their millennial outreach person found that the kids love Rick and Morty.

Nah Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
We need a photoshop Friday of the top of that cup.

RasperFat
Jul 11, 2006

Uncertainty is inherently unsustainable. Eventually, everything either is or isn't.

PJOmega posted:

Nah Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

The internet is going to have a field day with Levin actually being on TV. Prime time Fox exposure means Master Levin is going to become common knowledge.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Radish posted:

"These hands look like lesbian hands to me (also people don't hold hands ever unless they are having sex)" is a pretty lame way to force yourself to be offended.

for a non-trivial percentage of those folks that might be what they think sex is

boner confessor posted:

it's more that for some odd reason coffee shops are a big thing in suburban evangelical culture and starbucks is pretty much the only game in town in those godless hellholes apart from the ones inside the big megachurch complexes, so they become an easy target for their ire

The Muppets On PCP fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Nov 21, 2017

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Did something new happen in the "IRS targeting conservatives" scandal? Doc Thompson was going on and on about it on Beck's show this morning.

e: Also I caught a bit of Hannity's opening yesterday and I couldn't stop laughing as he talked about how "Whenever a liberal is accused of sexual misconduct, the left circles their wagons around them and defend them at all costs" because it was one of the most blatant cases of "accuse the other side of what you're guilty of."

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Twelve by Pies posted:

Did something new happen in the "IRS targeting conservatives" scandal? Doc Thompson was going on and on about it on Beck's show this morning.

Yeah. It was officially given up on with no sign of targeting conservatives, just politically aligned organizations of every stripe. And the article was in Forbes, a well known liberal rag .

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Twelve by Pies posted:

e: Also I caught a bit of Hannity's opening yesterday and I couldn't stop laughing as he talked about how "Whenever a liberal is accused of sexual misconduct, the left circles their wagons around them and defend them at all costs" because it was one of the most blatant cases of "accuse the other side of what you're guilty of."

Left: Blatant condemnation of Al Franken, Louis C.K., and Harvey Weinstein. Dozens of hand-wringing articles asking, "Were we hard enough on Bill Clinton?"

Right: Softball interview with Roy Moore. The President says he should win. Renewing primetime TV contracts despite tens of millions in hush money to sexual victims.

So, yeah, the left is the fuckin' worst.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Office Pig posted:

https://twitter.com/ErikWemple/status/932992720653692932
Hannity: “I get to say the craziest poo poo at our most visible hours and it’s getting people kinda mad.”
Levin: “Hold my beer.”

Haha, holy poo poo. It's a parody from Scandal come to life.

Rutger
Mar 17, 2013

BiggerBoat posted:

I read a loving Jim Baker article somewhere this morning or last night where he's selling pancake mix for $60 a bag and offering it as a defense against the apocolypse or some poo poo. Probably Cracked or Av Club. People still hand this creepy mother loving felon their hard earned money. There's some other televangilist rear end in a top hat selling "miracle spring water" that claims to cure disease.

gently caress these people and the idiots that fork over their money to them. I hate megachurch televangalist poo poo heads, faith healers and snake oil salesmen. Deserves its own thread really.

Reading this and going: 'James Baker is doing what now?!' then ' Oh right, not the same person'.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Rutger posted:

Reading this and going: 'James Baker is doing what now?!' then ' Oh right, not the same person'.

i dislike having to keep all the walshes sorted out

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Prester Jane posted:

That is actually one of the least objectionable things that Jim Bakker is up to these days. This rear end in a top hat is pretty openly agitating for violence against anyone who opposes Trump right now by quite literally demonizing them.

I can't use YouTube right now and don't really want to watch the guy anyway. Is there a transcript or summary available that you know of?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
Which Walsh is it that doesn’t pay child support?

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Instant Sunrise posted:

Which Walsh is it that doesn’t pay child support?

the joe walsh who wasnt guitarist for the eagles

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

boner confessor posted:

the joe walsh who wasnt guitarist for the eagles

I actually use to think he was the host of America's most wanted.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

BigRed0427 posted:

I actually use to think he was the host of America's most wanted.

That was Mikey Walsh, actually.

viral spiral
Sep 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Koalas March posted:

Haha, holy poo poo. It's a parody from Scandal come to life.

Steven Crowder and Ben Shapiro will probably land gigs at Fox within a year.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
I'm kind hopping Hannity is still bitter about Chowder and will never allow him on Fox.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

viral spiral posted:

Steven Crowder and Ben Shapiro will probably land gigs at Fox within a year.

The name of the show (within a show) on Scandal is The Liberty Report. :allears:

viral spiral
Sep 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/23/us/ben-shapiro-conservative.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur

This is why Ben Shapiro is so loving dangerous; it's because legacy media still sees him as legitimate opposition. Oh, and 80% of his audience is under 40, which means motherfuckers like him will be responsible for dividing this country long after the O'Reillys and Limbaughs are dead.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
yeah but how much of that audience under 40 is just left twitter constantly dunking on him

which of course is trivial since he's 5'4"

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Remember that one time he insulted a woman and she almost killed him by snapping his tiny pencil neck.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
He's also starting to write books and short stories now too. One of the stories in his short fiction collection was a vore fetish story where the message was "global warming isn't real because tiny shrunken scientists are delicious." :barf:

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

nine-gear crow posted:

He's also starting to write books and short stories now too. One of the stories in his short fiction collection was a vore fetish story where the message was "global warming isn't real because tiny shrunken scientists are delicious." :barf:

Was the homoerotic patriot fiction market too competitive for him?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Angry_Ed posted:

Was the homoerotic patriot fiction market too competitive for him?

Oh god no. He's apparently published a book or two there too. The Chappo Trap House did a podcast on it and it is amazing...ly terrible.

Ben Shapiro is a worse fiction writer than he is a columnist.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Donald Trump said on Twitter he totally turned down being TIME Magazine's Person of the Year (a thing he is obsessed with being) because they didn't guarantee he'd get the nod.

TIME tweeted that the President is wrong.

BUT NEVER FEAR, SEAN IS HERE

https://twitter.com/seanhannity/status/934241157990834176

https://twitter.com/seanhannity/status/934243596542402560

https://twitter.com/seanhannity/status/934244319330004992

Trump could tweet that the sky is made of marshmallows and Hannity would bend over backwards to say it's always been so.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Leofish posted:

Donald Trump said on Twitter he totally turned down being TIME Magazine's Person of the Year (a thing he is obsessed with being) because they didn't guarantee he'd get the nod.

TIME tweeted that the President is wrong.

BUT NEVER FEAR, SEAN IS HERE

https://twitter.com/seanhannity/status/934241157990834176

https://twitter.com/seanhannity/status/934243596542402560

https://twitter.com/seanhannity/status/934244319330004992

Trump could tweet that the sky is made of marshmallows and Hannity would bend over backwards to say it's always been so.

Oh my loving god

viral spiral
Sep 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich
Remember when Ann Coulter said Hannity would support Communism if Trump did?

She was right.

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?

viral spiral posted:

Remember when Ann Coulter said Hannity would support Communism if Trump did?

She was right.

I'm still reeling from the fact that we now live in a universe where Ann Coulter has more integrity than another person.

Not by much, but still.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

I'm still reeling from the fact that we now live in a universe where Ann Coulter has more integrity than another person.

Not by much, but still.

I feel like this is the sort of thing that is listed somewhere on a cuneiform as the final sign of the apocalypse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Hannity definitely has more trump dick down his throat than anybody else on the planet at this point.