Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Blackchamber posted:

They died cancelling the apocalypse please show them the respect they deserve.

stacker pentecost is the best character name ever, and its not close

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Square-Enix suddenly remembers the existence of Xenogears.

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

If it's worth killing it's worth overkilling.
Finished a MG Rick Dom, I really hope they do a 2.0 of the Dom at some point. It's alright but it cant hold the laser bazooka worth a poo poo. The rifle is about the same, but there's not even a peg on that. I've had it finished for a bit as evidenced by the dust on it but eh, I'll dust it later. Also my first time using waterslides in any real amount. There are a few pretty rough nub marks (mainly on the laser bazooka and the feet).

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I take back everything I've said the best series is Gundam Build Fighters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLF8YkYW_3o&t=319s

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Build Fighters owns, yes.

Shame Try is bad. :(

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
My MG Sazabi is almost done so I'm thinking about what to do next. Has anyone here built the MG Turn-A? Thoughts on it?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Kuvo posted:

My MG Sazabi is almost done so I'm thinking about what to do next. Has anyone here build the MG Turn-A? Thoughts on it?

It's pretty good. Older kit, but the design means the engineering goes smoother than most. No polycaps, good articulation, fun accessories.

It has a cow. What more could you want?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Kuvo posted:

My MG Sazabi is almost done so I'm thinking about what to do next. Has anyone here built the MG Turn-A? Thoughts on it?

Good build, plenty of posing options, and it honestly made me appreciate Turn A's design way more.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
The inclusion of a cow does make it tempting. The other two kits I'm eyeing are the MG Full Armor Unicorn (which people have talked about) and the MG Tallgeese EW. Has anyone done the geese?

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

Lemon-Lime posted:

Build Fighters owns, yes.

Shame Try is bad. :(

Not really. It's just not good either. It's main issue is that nothing vastly stands out for or against it.

Except maybe Tryon 3.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Kuvo posted:

The inclusion of a cow does make it tempting. The other two kits I'm eyeing are the MG Full Armor Unicorn (which people have talked about) and the MG Tallgeese EW. Has anyone done the geese?

MG Tallgeese is a good build - nothing spectacular or unique about its engineering but the end result is a satisfying display piece. As for MG FA Unicorn...for the love of loving Christ, do NOT put all the the full armor weapons on it.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
The MG Turn-A is a very good and fun kit.

Oblique Angle
Feb 11, 2011

God or the devil? Why not surpass them both?!
My brother got me PG Wing Zero for my birthday. Anyone who has built it - anything in particular to watch out for? It probably won't happen for a while but still good to know.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Luminaflare posted:

Not really. It's just not good either. It's main issue is that nothing vastly stands out for or against it.

Except maybe Tryon 3.

Try is very bad for about 80-85% of the time, where it's all about Poochie Sakai and how great he is.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

asterioth posted:

Finished a MG Rick Dom, I really hope they do a 2.0 of the Dom at some point. It's alright but it cant hold the laser bazooka worth a poo poo. The rifle is about the same, but there's not even a peg on that. I've had it finished for a bit as evidenced by the dust on it but eh, I'll dust it later. Also my first time using waterslides in any real amount. There are a few pretty rough nub marks (mainly on the laser bazooka and the feet).

Yeah, the Rick Dias, which I'm assuming is similar, could use some work too. It looks gorgeous but can't really hold poses.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Kuvo posted:

IMO Tallgeese is -the- baseline MG kit for comparing to. Modest price, fully functional and articulated frame, multiple accent colors for the white, and armor that is easy to put on and take off without fear of damaging the kit, while also being a tight enough connection to fall off.

It may not be the best MG (thats tied between the MG Sazabi and your preferred of the current newest MG Rx-78's) , but it's a great intro kit without feeling like an intro kit. Also has a grear shelf presence with its giant backpack jets and thunder thighs.

IronCastKnight
Jul 27, 2013

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Square-Enix suddenly remembers the existence of Xenogears.

I hope they can feel how hard I'm throwing my money at my screen, and I hope they know that if they release a Weltall-Id kit I will pay any price they ask. Any. Hundreds of dollars? Done. Kidney? Done. Firstborn? Done.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

TaurusOxford posted:

Cherno Alpha and Stryker Eureka are already confirmed to be WIP:

Stroika Yureka :colbert:

Serenade
Nov 5, 2011

"I should really learn to fucking read"

Guy Goodbody posted:

I used the holding hand that came with the white petitgguy

Oh yeah, I had one of those in the mail and sure enough there it is. Nice.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Build Strike Galaxy Cosmos? Yes please. All the build strikes all for Blackchamber

Blackchamber fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Dec 4, 2017

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Blackchamber posted:

Build Strike Galaxy Cosmos? Yes please. All the build strikes all for Blackchamber

I glanced at it and it poked out an eye.

Mimir
Nov 26, 2012

Blackchamber posted:

shuriken...

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mimir posted:

shuriken...

better shuriken than grenade

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Serenade posted:

Oh yeah, I had one of those in the mail and sure enough there it is. Nice.

it's neat that they've done Petitgguys in all the colors of the acgguys/beargguys so you can get the correct hand for them all

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
My GF is about to finish Build Fighters and wants a HG Miss Sazabi. How's the kit? I also showed her the Chinagguy and she also wants that. And Beargguy-san. What have I done.

Also I read something here that HG Qubeley Papillon is really bad, why? Is it just some lazy recolor of the HG Qubeley, or worse?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Schneider Heim posted:

My GF is about to finish Build Fighters and wants a HG Miss Sazabi. How's the kit? I also showed her the Chinagguy and she also wants that. And Beargguy-san. What have I done.

Also I read something here that HG Qubeley Papillon is really bad, why? Is it just some lazy recolor of the HG Qubeley, or worse?

http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2014/03/hgbf-1144-miss-sazabi-review-by_16.html?m=1

I haven't built one, but going off this it has a whopping 4 small detail stickers, which is usually a good sign.

Also, anyone know what the pink kit in the size compare pic is?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I just did a Miss Sazabi, it’s a pretty big kit for HG and isn’t too challenging at all! I highly recommend it.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Schneider Heim posted:

The Qubeley Papillion is indeed a lazy recolour of the nigh-ancient HG Qubeley.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Neurolimal posted:

http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2014/03/hgbf-1144-miss-sazabi-review-by_16.html?m=1

I haven't built one, but going off this it has a whopping 4 small detail stickers, which is usually a good sign.

Also, anyone know what the pink kit in the size compare pic is?

The Farsia

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I'm a bit late on this, but after hearing the SOC news, I have to say this is some bullshit . Bandai's making a SOC getter emperor before a shin getter? The hell?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I kind of want to get the HGBF Psycho GM, but I'm afraid it's kind of big for my shelf space. I hesitate to purchase Master Grades due to the display size, and the Psycho GM is even bigger despite being an HG.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Monaghan posted:

I'm a bit late on this, but after hearing the SOC news, I have to say this is some bullshit . Bandai's making a SOC getter emperor before a shin getter? The hell?

On the other hand it's Getter Emperor.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Arcsquad12 posted:

I kind of want to get the HGBF Psycho GM, but I'm afraid it's kind of big for my shelf space. I hesitate to purchase Master Grades due to the display size, and the Psycho GM is even bigger despite being an HG.

I have the original Psycho Gundam model, and yeah even in brick mode it's hilariously big.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

On the other end of the spectrum, I was real sad when I looked around way back when I watched Zeta and there was no 1/100 Psycho (Zeta 2.0 MG was like my 4th kit). I have a hard time buying anything not 1/100 / Mg scale because all my stuffs are MG. I would get every dumb assed massive HG monstrosity if it were 1/100. I would pay like 400 bucks for a re/100 Dendrobium.

That said I'd be limited to like 1 plastic kit a year then. I want the O and perfect Zeong so bad but I feel like I gotta clear my meager backlog before I drop 100-150 on another kit.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
IT BEGINS.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Puddin posted:

IT BEGINS.

What's different about the Gundam Base Unicorn RG from the regular version?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh poo poo, maybe that means my PG Exia will show up soon.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

Neddy Seagoon posted:

What's different about the Gundam Base Unicorn RG from the regular version?

It comes with a free base (though its just an octagon that you stand it on, not an action base) and it has slightly different colours on some parts to match the 1:1 model that was put up in Odaiba.

e: The manual is 61 pages long, there's an insert for the P-Bandai repair expansion kit in the box.

Wiring kit looks super dope and well manufactured. Lots of English in the instructions. Gonna take me a while to complete it, but I'm super excited to start it on the weekend.

It's broken down into building the base, frame, armor & weapons.

Puddin fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Dec 5, 2017

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I love how beefy PG boxes are. I never have to worry about stuff being stacked on them as they grow dusty at the bottom of my collection.

I swear im going to start a PG unicorn in the beginning of 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

It's alive, ITS ALIVE!

...well, almost! I still have a ton of effect parts to cast (including some custom sculpey'd ones for his sword and scythe), but he's finally got every clear armor piece casted!

They're not perfect casts, I wont get that until I finally make a pressure chamber, but until then it's drat close, and I can finally get this guy off my paint booth and on a shelf out of the way!

(I'm well aware theres no right hand in this shot; I'm currently painting his weapon-wielding backhands since they're apparently completely different from the fists I already painted.)