Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

I hope Frieza has some scheme up his sleeve since he hasn't really gotten any good fights. Even Gohan and Piccolo did get the cool namekian fight but Frieza has mostly been slapping jobbers around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

lezard_valeth posted:

I'm starting to get the feeling that maybe the Tournament ends with Jiren winning but accidentally killing Goku in the process for going too far, getting disqualified, and Frieza being the last standing man that gets the wish.

Or the opposite, Goku wins, accidentally gets Jiren killed and disqualified, Frieza still gets the wish.

Like there is absolutely no way that Frieza doesn't end up somehow winning in this arc.
He wins by getting wished back to life! Alive! With unfuckable power! On Earth! He'll probably immediately destroy the planet!

This is something actually set up as opposed to some cockamamie 'out of nowhere Frieza just becomes a mega-god.' That'd just drag this poo poo out pointlessly.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Nessus posted:

He wins by getting wished back to life! Alive! With unfuckable power! On Earth! He'll probably immediately destroy the planet!

This is something actually set up as opposed to some cockamamie 'out of nowhere Frieza just becomes a mega-god.' That'd just drag this poo poo out pointlessly.

Yeah but he tried that what? Two arcs ago? gently caress that, I want Samurai Goku with Frieza as Aku.

Vegeta can be the Scotsman.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

It'd be truly shocking if this ends with anything but a crushing defeat for Frieza somehow, as always

MAYBE he'll become a god of destruction instead, who knows

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Goku already got around the “your attacks are weak in UIO” by realizing he just needs to use li attacks and let his body take the rest

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
that only works if your opponent is silly enough to overextend on a big attack that gives you an opening

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Fartbox posted:

I hope Frieza has some scheme up his sleeve since he hasn't really gotten any good fights. Even Gohan and Piccolo did get the cool namekian fight but Frieza has mostly been slapping jobbers around

Hes had a lot of kickass moments, and has the highest kill count for the absolute east effort, outside of maybe jiren but we dont know if what jiren did constituted actual effort.

HOOOOOHOHOHO

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

they shoulda brought king kai and bubbles and crew to the tournament so he could watch his dumb monkey punchman son own

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

lezard_valeth posted:

I'm starting to get the feeling that maybe the Tournament ends with Jiren winning but accidentally killing Goku in the process for going too far, getting disqualified, and Frieza being the last standing man that gets the wish.

Or the opposite, Goku wins, accidentally gets Jiren killed and disqualified, Frieza still gets the wish.

Like there is absolutely no way that Frieza doesn't end up somehow winning in this arc.

There's an MVP wish as well as the winners wish.

Frieza playing good boy for the team, channelling energy to Goku etc is probably him fishing for that prize.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Demote Shin and make King Kai the new kaioshin

Bubbles can be the new King Kai

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Every other universe needs to learn you can still move while in the air

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

u7 is the only one to have invented heavier than air flight

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masako_Nozawa#Animation

Goku is also, Doug Funnie????? :wtc:

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Holy poo poo I need to see that

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Doug Blanco + Skeeter Verde vs Jiren???

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

https://twitter.com/DBFGenerator/status/938053178200702981

Needless to say, I had to experiment with the beefed up Master Roshi (who for some reason is referred to as a Super Saiyan inside this weird thing). The results were...less than impressive when fusing both Roshis together.

Fusing him with the also new SS4 Goku though had one interesting result: giving a name so long it couldn't actually fit in the screen.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Dr. Rota's ability revealed:

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbaKndto15M

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

:stare:

zombified russian body builder

beautiful

even more beautiful and he has the best name ever I want this dude to be canon

Augus fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Dec 5, 2017

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
It just occurred to me that if the theory on Vegeta getting a offensive counterpart to Ultra Instinct Omen is true, it is more likely he will unlock it in blind rage. And he is conceivably about to do that.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

That's My Bulma was actually Ultra Instinct, it's a long con!!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

BizarroAzrael posted:

It just occurred to me that if the theory on Vegeta getting a offensive counterpart to Ultra Instinct Omen is true, it is more likely he will unlock it in blind rage. And he is conceivably about to do that.

I feel like it would be a really good way to eliminate two apparently invisible fighters

Barudak
May 7, 2007

If vegeta knocks even one person out of the ring using that “shoot tons of tiny ki blasts that only generate smoke for your opponent to smugly emerge from” this entire arc will be worth it.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Granny Goku was also Mouth from The Goonies. Amazing.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Squallege posted:

Every other universe needs to learn you can still move while in the air

Flying is illegal. This was established a while ago, so I can understand forgetting by now.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Fartbox posted:

Well, this is consistent with Namek Frieza. He spent gently caress who knows how much terrorizing civilians and chilling in his space ship while his minions searched for the Dragon Balls and got punked by some low level filthy monkeys. Had he searched for the Dragon Balls personally he would have won long before Goku arrived.

And now he has a new Captain Ginyu at his disposal. History repeats itself.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Hjalmar posted:

Flying is illegal. This was established a while ago, so I can understand forgetting by now.

pretty sure that's not what he meant

we're talking early dragon ball poo poo like using a beam to propel yourself

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Hjalmar posted:

I think while normal flights been disabled, so to speak, the Zenos would still be cool with using ki blasts to "fly"

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
people have already used ki blasts to 'fly' this tournament

The Awesomesaurus
Feb 15, 2006

I'm too cool to be extinct.

Barudak posted:

If vegeta knocks even one person out of the ring using that “shoot tons of tiny ki blasts that only generate smoke for your opponent to smugly emerge from” this entire arc will be worth it.

Piccolo actually knocked someone out by using Hellzone Grenade, so anything is possible!

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
It's not even that flying is against the rules, they literally just can't do it the way they normally do. If they find a way around that then it seems to be fair game.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be

The Awesomesaurus posted:

Piccolo actually knocked someone out by using Hellzone Grenade, so anything is possible!

Yeah but that only failed the first time against 17's barrier, which I think has blocked everything he's ever used it against perfectly.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Barudak posted:

Only if he acts genuinely surprised it worked

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Momomo posted:

It's not even that flying is against the rules, they literally just can't do it the way they normally do. If they find a way around that then it seems to be fair game.

Its kind of hilarious that literally the only rule besides don't kill people exists in a way so specific to our main characters and yet isnt actually ruling out conventional flight which you'd think would make up something like 99% of the things that can fly in the omniverse.

It also is entirely contradictory to the stated intention of making it possible to ring out any competitor. It sure is lucky all of the
flying opponents were scrubs. Could you imagine if frieza popped some wings

The most important thing here though is that we are all having fun; it's Dragon ball.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Half of Dracula posted:

Yeah but that only failed the first time against 17's barrier, which I think has blocked everything he's ever used it against perfectly.

Piccolo tried to use it against one of the Nameks in the most recent episode and it got no sold entirely.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Half of Dracula posted:

In one episode it looks like Ribrianne punches and breaks it.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

BizarroAzrael posted:

Jiren will insult his hair, and then he gets so angry he forgets what pictures are.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

khwarezm posted:

In one episode it looks like Ribrianne punches and breaks it.

Yeah, though she can't break it later on as a giant. Although that was a beam attack so who even knows.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
So if the next arc goes back to more low key stuff, which universe interactions do you hope they do? Personally I feel that Gohan and Videl could have a lot of fun in Universe 2 and it would be nice for Vegeta to finally go on the fieldtrip to the planet Salad or whatever the name is for the Universe 6 Sayien home world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

I'd be more interested in seeing one of the Universes that got to sit out from the tournament honestly.