Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Bald dudes get KO'd pattern still going strong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

:justpost:

The Awesomesaurus
Feb 15, 2006

I'm too cool to be extinct.

Pureauthor posted:

Bald dudes get KO'd pattern still going strong.

Frieza’s hosed.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Somehow Piccolo "accidentally" falls off the arena? lmao

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Carlosologist posted:

Summaries came out for the next four episodes, and uh it takes it up a notch for sure

Mind sharing with the rest of the class?

Caros
May 14, 2008

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Piccolo falls off the stage after U7 deals with the invisible people, wiping out u4. U3 forms their megazord and fights goku for a couple of episodes before being presumably trounced Vegeta decides to pick a fight with Jiren.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Caros posted:

Piccolo falls off the stage after U7 deals with the invisible people, wiping out u4. U3 forms their megazord and fights goku for a couple of episodes before being presumably trounced Vegeta decides to pick a fight with Jiren.

I really hope that the first thing happens exactly how you describe.

Like no build up it just happens

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Herms98 on twitter is always the source for these.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

So unless the Megazoid goes on a real rampage we're going to have 3 months of U11 vs U7?

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Maybe the last few months will be more dealing with the fallout of the tournament. Fight the Gods!.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Universe 7: "We have a great lead guys! Keep it up!"

Also Universe 7: "gently caress it, ring yourself out"

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
5 episodes of U7 vs U11 and 10+ episodes of U7 vs U7

with Vegeta getting his chance to go for Jiren, I wonder where Toppo is

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Thoughts on Piccolo: If you're going to have someone accidentally fall off the stage the guy with the stretchy arms might not be the best choice

Thoughts on Vegeta: RIP

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

A small part of me does sincerely want Piccolo to just trip over a rock and fall right off the stage.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

A small part of me does sincerely want Piccolo to just trip over a rock and fall right off the stage.

I want Him to give a big lecture about how important it is to NOT LET YOUR GUARD DOWN UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, and then immediately get suckerpunched by an unseen assailant, off of the stage.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I have to leave now, I am not a saiyan. *slips on a banana peel, flies out of the ring*

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Gohan transforming into the Great Saiyaman to defeat the Megazord is going to own

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Kashuno posted:

5 episodes of U7 vs U11 and 10+ episodes of U7 vs U7

with Vegeta getting his chance to go for Jiren, I wonder where Toppo is

Vegeta's boundless faith in his own ability is amazing. Jiren is going to have so much dust blown at him.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I think it’ll be funny if Jiren vs Vegeta results in either Jiren not even having to move to counter Vegeta or Vegeta unlocking Ultra Instinct’s attack aspect and making the gods freak out again

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Goku unlocked Ultra Instinct by being so exhausted that his body's fight or flight response let him defend himself without thinking. Vegeta will naturally unlock Ultra Instinct by being so white-hot furious with abject rage that his body starts punching without his brain thinking

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I mean something has to give right? SSB didn't cause Jiren to give a poo poo at all. Gonna be really loving boring if Vegeta goes and challenges Jiren, only to immediately job. Even Hit made it a fight.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Kashuno posted:

Yeah I mean something has to give right? SSB didn't cause Jiren to give a poo poo at all. Gonna be really loving boring if Vegeta goes and challenges Jiren, only to immediately job. Even Hit made it a fight.

Goku's battle with Jiren was a reimagining of his legendary battle with Frieza, Vegeta's battle should follow suit and have him bait Jiren into tanking the FINAL FLASH BLUE

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Kashuno posted:

Jiren will talk poo poo about Bulma, causing Vegeta to go into THAT'S MY BULMA Mode and put up a good fight.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Augus posted:

Goku unlocked Ultra Instinct by being so exhausted that his body's fight or flight response let him defend himself without thinking. Vegeta will naturally unlock Ultra Instinct by being so white-hot furious with abject rage that his body starts punching without his brain thinking

His "Thats my Bulma!" form is simply an early version of Vegitas Ultra Instinct.

^^^^:argh:

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Either Vegeta is going to get UI or he's going to find some sort of weakness with Jiren. There has to be some sort of reason why he's just been on the sidelines most of the tournament. (Aside from just hating the idea of the ToP from the start, but that shouldn't have stopped him from protecting his teammates)

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

The best thing would be if he also unlocks UI

There's no point for him to job against Jiren since we've already measured Jirens power against Goku and we know Goku is currently stronger than Vegeta. So hopefully Vegeta unlocks UI and then somewhere in the future him and Goku team up to beat on Jiren. Team fights are always cooler

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Dodge UI Goku dodges Jiren's attacks as he swoops around to put him in a full nelson.

Aggro UI Vegeta uses Final Flash to blow up Jiren, hits Goku somehow, they both go off the ledge.

Final showdown is actually Vegeta V Freeza

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Kashuno posted:

Dodge UI Goku dodges Jiren's attacks as he swoops around to put him in a full nelson.

Aggro UI Vegeta uses Final Flash to blow up Jiren, hits Goku somehow, they both go off the ledge.

Final showdown is actually Vegeta V Freeza

Working as intended. "Eat it, Kakarot!"

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I'm still surprised we haven't had someone DQ'd for a kill. I figured it would happen on accident somewhere along the line, or as a desperation move to eliminate some big threat. I don't think it will happen to Jiren, and there's not really anyone else noteworthy left to do it to other than him.

After Frost got erased for trying to interfere I figured we'd see that consequence happen again with some other DQ but I guess not?

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
Vegeta is not getting Ultra Instinct in this arc lol

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I'm not at all convinced Vegeta's going to get any form of UI at all this arc, his character and fighting style are completely antithetical with how Whis described UI back in RoF. if we were placing bets I'd go with Goku improving his UI technique enough in time to face Jiren and Vegeta just pushing SSB to its limits, but still probably getting dunked on by Jiren really hard after one good scene.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Uh they already foreshawdowed Goku and Vegeta learning this a long time ago. What do you think all their training with Whis was leading to?

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

RBX posted:

Uh they already foreshawdowed Goku and Vegeta learning this a long time ago. What do you think all their training with Whis was leading to?

They foreshadowed Goku learning the technique, Whis said Vegeta's way too self-conscious in battle to let himself go and act instinctively. They just made a joke about it by having him trying to enter the state and failing before deciding do what he normally does instead.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I know complaining about it is useless at this point but I wish an opponent other than Jiren had gotten to look dangerous for any length of time.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Extremely chill and zen ultimate martial artist who has let go of all earthly concerns and mastered complete control of self: I AM THE PRINCE OF ALL SAIYANS AND DEFINITELY STRONGER THAN YOU KAKAROT, WHICH I SHALL PROVE BY POWERING UP REALLY BIG AND SHOUTING.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

multijoe posted:

They foreshadowed Goku learning the technique, Whis said Vegeta's way too self-conscious in battle to let himself go and act instinctively. They just made a joke about it by having him trying to enter the state and failing before deciding do what he normally does instead.

They foreshadowed him and Goku at the same time? How does a joke change anything?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Whis makes it sound like Vegeta and Goku will probably end up at the same place, but take different routes to get there. I like this idea because it’s less of just GOKU GETS POWER AND VEGETA FOLLOWS and more they take their own separate paths to their ultimate goal

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

RBX posted:

They foreshadowed him and Goku at the same time? How does a joke change anything?

Whis literally says Vegeta is behind Goku because he's too self-conscious in battle and overthinks things, whereas Goku's whole character is being an easygoing idiot-savant who goes with the flow and picks up things ridiculously quickly.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Ok? Like the Kashuno posted they don't have to do the exact same thing to get to the same place. Nothing you're saying says that he somehow can't achieve UI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

multijoe posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zl_HfTZ69Xw