Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

I want that mask

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

I want that mask
You get it by equipping exotic armor in every slot

Sixto Lezcano
Jul 11, 2007

Roman posted:

You get it by equipping exotic armor in every slot

AFAIK that's also the only mast we can obtain right now outside of global events? I really want a mask because They're Cool, but I'm bummed I missed the first GE masks because they look rad. Guess I'm farmin' for the Ninjabike and Shortbow pads.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Sixto Lezcano posted:

AFAIK that's also the only mast we can obtain right now outside of global events? I really want a mask because They're Cool, but I'm bummed I missed the first GE masks because they look rad. Guess I'm farmin' for the Ninjabike and Shortbow pads.

There are a couple masks available for killing hunters. Check the mission section of the commendations. New ones got added in with 1.8.

Sixto Lezcano
Jul 11, 2007

Shoren posted:

There are a couple masks available for killing hunters. Check the mission section of the commendations. New ones got added in with 1.8.

Yessss. Thanks a bunch.

I really wish they'd go balls-out with this game at this point. Give us cyberpunk armor and poo poo, let's get really weird with this.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Veritas posted:

So i throw together a nice HE build using Barrett's chest, and the Skull MC gloves. Pretty fun to play, and does a lot of damage. So far i like it better than the 4pc striker's. Is it worth holding on to all the non classified sets (i only got the deadeye chest classy from a world boss), or should i scrap it all and just go for the classy sets come the new global event? i was looking in my stash, and i've become a hoarder. I'll hold on to my tactician pieces since i still like that build, and its actually optimized.

If you've got a Classified version of a piece of armor you might as well scrap the non-classified version. Assuming the Classified piece has the FA/STA/ELE stat you want and/or you can roll the attributes you want there's no reason to keep the other. If you don't have the Classified version I'd hold onto it.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

So who decided to turn Keener into some sort of lovely Bond villain?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

Sixto Lezcano posted:

Same but a Larae chest :(

My weekly popped out an exotic though!

It's a Ferro mask! :shepicide:

Sixto Lezcano posted:

Yessss. Thanks a bunch.

I really wish they'd go balls-out with this game at this point. Give us cyberpunk armor and poo poo, let's get really weird with this.

Comedy option: Give us Assassins Creed outfits

Also holy crap a flashbang bomb is a lot of fun when you've got a Striker build and an MDR in your hands

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Try it with sentry now, six stacks every time

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
Give me a Far Cry Primal outfit. I want to run into battle in a loin cloth and screaming like Adam Jensen.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

All I want is the cool rear end LMB red scarf+balaclava.

Or one of the Riker masks.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Roman posted:

I watched Marco craft 13 of them and he got 13 divtech when he broke them down

lol just crafted 50 of those things. that's awesome.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Sandweed posted:

Guess who also plays this now.

It doesn't run quite well on my aging pc but lowering some stuff makes it manageable. I guess I'll end picking it up during Christmas sale (i can't right now with all the present purchases).

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Feel as if I should make a push for 50 Last Stand wins to get my trophies back up to 100%, but uuugfgfh.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

So who decided to turn Keener into some sort of lovely Bond villain?

Probably the same guy who did the same to RickValassi and a pre-teen girl.

Brine
Aug 3, 2007
Yay, I got a House. It rolled with capable and skilled. Maybe not the ideal talent loadout for a SMG.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Dexo posted:

lol just crafted 50 of those things. that's awesome.

Didn't have much time to play last night so just burned through a bunch of mats. 207 Damascus for 207 divtech is good stuff.

I wonder if it's an exotic thing where any melted exotic returns a divtech by design. I melted a bunch of weapons from my stash a couple days ago including a fair number of cadacous and noticed that I got a surprising number of divtech out of the batch, and if exotics always give a divtech it would explain it.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

This game is busted. A level 6 mission featuring level 7 yellow guys with flamethrowers that just run towards you and flame to death, and nothing can stop them.

Is this game that bullshit on all levels? Because they can eat like 300 bullets before dying.

For a loot based rpg it is insanely hard on the starting zones, everything takes way too much ammo to drop.

Guillermus fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Dec 9, 2017

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
What mission, what difficulty, and what level are you. If you’re doing the level 1-30 grind that definitely doesn’t sound right.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Was doing the refugee gamp and in the last arena, was playing other three level 7 guys and we had to deal with a bunch of (red hp bar) hazard suit dudes, two yellow bar flamethrower/AK47 and the elite. Just the two elite flame/ak dudes wiped us like seven times by just running towards us while we were trying to throw grenades, shoot them in the head and such until we realised we could just climb the slope and not drop down into the arena so we could step back, heal a bit and climb again. Basically cheesing the mission because our level 6-7 weapons were useless against them.

Overall the game is cool but the enemies are too spongey at low level. All of this on normal, I don't even want to know how hard mode is.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Don't ever run missions at anything but normal difficulty when you are leveling, and always do all the side missions before the story mission so that you are 1-2 levels over the mission and you should be able to cruise right through most of them, but there will still be some difficult ones here and there.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Elites can be spongey.

For flame dudes, shoot the tank on their backs. For grenade dudes, shoot the red bag on their hips. You can also shoot and destroy the turret their engineer has. Utilize your skills. You should have pulse, first aid or maybe a turret by that point.

You can also do side missions and encounters first to raise your level and unlock abilities.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Guillermus posted:

This game is busted. A level 6 mission featuring level 7 yellow guys with flamethrowers that just run towards you and flame to death, and nothing can stop them.

Is this game that bullshit on all levels? Because they can eat like 300 bullets before dying.

For a loot based rpg it is insanely hard on the starting zones, everything takes way too much ammo to drop.

I did this mission last night. It took about two hours. This mission is indeed utterly insane, there were a few points where I thought it would be impossible. We ended up doing it by coordinating our skills. There's a distinct lack of cover at the entrance of that encounter so I was popping the shield while people hid behind me. I also had heals going. Eventually, it worked. Felt like a super badass tbh. I can't imagine what the Hard version of this encounter would be like. I figure if I didn't raqequit at that, I probably like this game.

SA_Avenger
Oct 22, 2012

Guillermus posted:

I started playing again (lvl 14) and it feels like I am dying way more than I used to, wouldn't be surprised if they made the game harder for beginners thinking that they were rerolls anyway

SA_Avenger fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Dec 9, 2017

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Yeah after playing the first few hours of Destiny 2 and feeling like it was way too easy, this game is a breath of fresh air. It's hard as gently caress, even on the Normal difficulty. I haven't even attempted Hard. I also can't imagine playing this with a controller. Did they make the PC version harder? If you like hard games, get this for sure.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
They probably broke the game at lower levels with all of the changes they made to mob health and AI that don't downscale well at the low end.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
The stupid thing is that its a level 7 mission that you get at level 6. And then after I beat it, I had a bunch of level 5 missions to do all of a sudden. The layout of the earliest area is a little weird, sometimes you end up in a level 9 area at level 5 and sometimes you end up in a level 5 area at level 9. Now I have a level 14 mission waiting for me, and its annoying as gently caress because it starts the audiolog of the mission every single time I open the map.

SA_Avenger
Oct 22, 2012

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

The stupid thing is that its a level 7 mission that you get at level 6. And then after I beat it, I had a bunch of level 5 missions to do all of a sudden. The layout of the earliest area is a little weird, sometimes you end up in a level 9 area at level 5 and sometimes you end up in a level 5 area at level 9. Now I have a level 14 mission waiting for me, and its annoying as gently caress because it starts the audiolog of the mission every single time I open the map.

once you have explored the zone and found the safe house you can see side missions there. The game is good but it's definitely not easy on solo compared to what it was

anime tupac
Oct 25, 2010

stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

its annoying as gently caress because it starts the audiolog of the mission every single time I open the map.

as someone who generally really likes the game, I despise this. your cursor goes anywhere within the vague area of a mission and people start loving yammering in your ear. At least they finally made Rick Valassi loving shut the gently caress up about bon-bons every single time you log into the game

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Yeah for new people playing the campaign, here are the rules:

Only play solo or play with people EXACTLY the same level as you

Always be the appropriate level for the mission. Do the side missions and subquests to stay leveled. The game is designed to require you to get a level from a big mission and another level from side stuff before you do the next big mission

DONT DO MISSIONS ON HARD. THERE IS NO POINT.

Don't wear Skill Power Pieces until you have skills

make sure you're upgrading your gear at the shops so you don't lag more than a level or two behind.

Also, and this sounds lame, but role play as an individual who is trying to figure out what the gently caress happened and is actually going now. The game "feels" better when you're in this mindset, especially as you find little info bits throughout.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I'd put this in the OP but apparently nobody reads it anyway

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Also, and this sounds lame, but role play as an individual who is trying to figure out what the gently caress happened and is actually going now. The game "feels" better when you're in this mindset, especially as you find little info bits throughout.
You will also think nothing of killing a man for his scarf. It's a tough world out there.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Casnorf posted:

You will also think nothing of killing a man for his scarf. It's a tough world out there.

On the other hand if you give a hobo a candy bar, they’ll give you a gun.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

https://i.imgur.com/BhfdObB.gifv

Please keep spawning dudes literally in my face. I just loving cleared this after some trial and error and this is how you treat me?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

Yardbomb posted:

All I want is the cool rear end LMB red scarf+balaclava.

Or one of the Riker masks.

Gimme a Riker cape :argh:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
So I optimised my two Classy Strikers stuff, and though the money and div tech aren't huge bottlenecks I can't go spending them too willy nilly as a largely solo player.

I'm thinking of optimising my primary weapon when I get a decent one, and not worrying too much about my D3 gear until it's Classy stuff gets in the loot pool. Any other ideas?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
So it seems like the DZ is now the best place for loot and divtech, which is good imho

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Dexo posted:

They probably broke the game at lower levels with all of the changes they made to mob health and AI that don't downscale well at the low end.

I played a free weekend some time ago and it wasn't this hard. The exact same mission (lvl 4, kill Michelle Mason), was easier (a year or so ago) and I got ganked like four times in it, solo and I made sure that I was level 4 and all my gear was 4 (cept two lvl3 parts), getting hit once got 2/3 of my health.

The world is really cool, and how the city has normal people wandering and you face looters, etc... I'm sure that at higher levels, they balanced out gear and the experience is nice but is been some time since I play some loot based rpg that is this harsh for a newbie. Mind that after that Michelle Mason side mission I've used matchmaking on the rest so I only go solo in between missions.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I picked this game up like a week and a half ago and it does have a really strange difficulty curve for a new player. Yellow bar enemies are a huge bullet sponges at first, the LMG elites especially being a kick in the dick for me. One of the bounty side missions took me so many attempts just due to how annoying LMG elites are if you aren't well equipped. Once I hit 30 the game got significantly easier (Also I realized turrets are a necessity and incendiary bullets tear through elites). It only took me about an hour or two to get to WT5 and it still doesn't feel as difficult as early game was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

So it seems like the DZ is now the best place for loot and divtech, which is good imho

Has anything changed besides Rogue 2.0? Seems like it always was. Although I do wonder what the average time to get X Division Tech is between running around the Piers and recycling all the loot vs extracting sealed caches and grabbing DT boxes.

• Locked thread