Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I'm dealing with a perfect storm of lovely ERP software and draconian change request processes, my productivity this morning totally shot to poo poo and I want to go break some poo poo while screaming at the void.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

The Fool posted:

I'm dealing with a perfect storm of lovely ERP software and draconian change request processes, my productivity this morning totally shot to poo poo and I want to go break some poo poo while screaming at the void.

I wish we had a change process.

"WHO hosed SOMETHING UP"

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

RFC2324 posted:

Sickening is in Texas, so finding a meal without meat may be harder than you expect. Finding one without meat that is also palatable to the rest of the office may in fact be expensive.

They have vegetarian places in DFW, but as a general rule places only make good food that is meat or is vegetarian, not both.
:thunk: there's lots of indian restaurants in Dallas

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

We ain’t eatin that Ay-Rab food!

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Elizabethan Error posted:

:thunk: there's lots of indian restaurants in Dallas

22 Eargesplitten posted:

We ain’t eatin that Ay-Rab food!

I used to try and get my co-workers to eat from the indopak place across the street when I lived there, and the one person willing to try it turned bright red because it was so spicy(it was pretty bland for indian food, imo). The rest complained that it looked like diarrhea or they just refused to eat anything foreign

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

Sefal posted:

That's a great Christmas gift.

2 years ago at my company we all got the cheapest crock pot on the market. Last year we got nothing. This year we're getting a minimum 2-month delay on the promised company-wide 6-months-overdue salary review.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Che Delilas posted:

2 years ago at my company we all got the cheapest crock pot on the market. Last year we got nothing. This year we're getting a minimum 2-month delay on the promised company-wide 6-months-overdue salary review.

Sorry, I feel no pity. I got jacked on two years of yearly reviews then got let go before the third.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
As a government employee I can be 100% certain there will be no gifts, no alcohol, no party, and a sweet 3% raise.

It's nice to have some stability i guess.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Why is it somehow acceptable to be the go-to person for a particular client but know nothing about them, and then when you're asked you have a guess instead of checking. I'm not a "fire everybody!" type of guy since I am lazy as gently caress quite a lot, but if you have a reputation as needing somebody to follow you around and double-check everything you do and every statement you make then you should be out of a job so somebody else can have a go.

Volguus
Mar 3, 2009

RFC2324 posted:

I used to try and get my co-workers to eat from the indopak place across the street when I lived there, and the one person willing to try it turned bright red because it was so spicy(it was pretty bland for indian food, imo). The rest complained that it looked like diarrhea or they just refused to eat anything foreign

Recently I got a coworker that likes to eat lunch at his desk. Indian-ish descent i think. Anyway, whatever he eats at lunch is so spicy that I choke from 10m away. How the hell can people stand such things, much less eat them, is beyond me.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Volguus posted:

Recently I got a coworker that likes to eat lunch at his desk. Indian-ish descent i think. Anyway, whatever he eats at lunch is so spicy that I choke from 10m away. How the hell can people stand such things, much less eat them, is beyond me.

Spicy food owns - we'll sometimes go and get a kebab at lunchtime and get a bowl of chillies as well and munch on them, but don't eat it in the office and chew some gum or brush your teeth when you're done.

Thanks Ants fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Dec 12, 2017

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Thanks Ants posted:

Spicy food owns - we'll sometimes go and get a kebab at lunchtime and just munch on a bowl of chilis, but don't eat it in the office and chew some gum or brush your teeth when you're done.

:( My allergy to capsicum loving SUCKS. God drat it.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Volguus posted:

acquired taste. my opinion is that spicy food can be good, when its not spicy to cover the fact that it tastes bad. Sadly, that is most spicy american food I have experienced.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

Avenging_Mikon posted:

:( My allergy to capsicum loving SUCKS. God drat it.

Hey I had a 6 month span where I thought I had developed an allergy to capsicum. Saw an allergist and everything. Hives, extreme lethargy, rashes, the worst.

Then I found out my water softener had been broken for some time and our town has extremely hard water since it's river-fed. Fixed the water softener and holy poo poo, it all cleared up. Spicy food whenever I want again!

Check your water hardness and maybe you can enjoy spicy poo poo again too!

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Generally the spicy poo poo is what people don’t enjoy about spicy food.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

RFC2324 posted:

acquired taste. my opinion is that spicy food can be good, when its not spicy to cover the fact that it tastes bad. Sadly, that is most spicy american food I have experienced.

Yeah, this. I grew up eating basically no spicy food, my father has stomach issues and so we just never had it. Once I went off to college it took me a few years of training my body, while slowly increasing spiciness, so I could enjoy it and not pay for it 30 minutes to 12 hours later.

Hot spicy poo poo just for the sake of it (ghost peppers)? No loving thanks, I want to be able to taste things and feel my face afterwards.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Generally the spicy poo poo is what people don’t enjoy about spicy food.

I used to hate anything spicy, but asian food taught me that it was the oily kinds of peppers I can't stand, like jalapenos. Turns out that when the spice doesn't overwhelm everything else, it can add quite a bit to the flavor of the food!

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
I am one of those people who can handle food as spicy as you can give it, and I still don't understand why spicy for the sake of spicy exists. Wow, you ate a ghost pepper, guess you're a real man.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

I am one of those people who can handle food as spicy as you can give it, and I still don't understand why spicy for the sake of spicy exists. Wow, you ate a ghost pepper, guess you're a real man.

I have my limits, but you hit the nail on the head. My step brother had to eat at least one jalapeno every day(like straight, pull out of the jar and eat it) while he was growing up, and he had no taste for anything with actual subtlety to the flavor for years.

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

Take care with that! We have not fully ascertained its function, and the ticking is accelerating.

quote:

Hi Agrikk,

I came across your LinkedIn profile while searching for people with a marketing background at a growing company.

In a nutshell, Optamark makes it super simple for marketers to order both printed materials and promo products in a matter of clicks. Our secret sauce is we set you up with a personalized portal so your ordering process becomes centralized all under one roof.

Are you the right person to discuss printing and promo needs of Amazon with?

Would you be free for a quick, 15-minute phone call next week? I’d love to discuss how we can help you cut costs and why Optamark has landed on the INC500 two years straight.

Dear fucknut,

As a matter of fact, in a company of five hundred thousand employees you plucked the one person from LinkedIn who handles the "printing and promo needs" for "Amazon".

(I'm almost tempted to take that call just so I can laugh and laugh and laugh.)

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

spicy food consumption is correlated(*admittedly in an idiopathic manner) with increased lifespan, and ghost pepper isn't king of the peppers any more, but they are fruity.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

RFC2324 posted:

I used to hate anything spicy, but asian food taught me that it was the oily kinds of peppers I can't stand, like jalapenos. Turns out that when the spice doesn't overwhelm everything else, it can add quite a bit to the flavor of the food!

I was making a joke about the diarrhea after you eat super spicy food.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Judge Schnoopy posted:

As a government employee I can be 100% certain there will be no gifts, no alcohol, no party, and a sweet 3% raise.

It's nice to have some stability i guess.

Wow what's it like in the palace where you live? I've gotten all that, except the annual raise has been 1-2% for like five years.

(But yes the stability and laid back environment is definitely worth a lot)

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Just got this email from Careerbuilder.com.

:shepicide:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Dick Trauma posted:

GO DRILL FOR OIL YOU DUMMY.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
Fun fact, Microsoft doesn't port their skype for business numbers internally to one tenant to another in a structured fashion like they do with 3rd party carriers. All you have to do is email ptn@microsoft.com .

The problem is that I put in a request to port numbers this Saturday and they instead ported all the numbers right now. 2k of them in all!

:fuckoff:

I am sure when they fix the port, my team and I will have to reassign all 2k of the numbers manually.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I hope the person who didn't like the old company name in SharePoint is happy

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Thanks Ants posted:

I hope the person who didn't like the old company name in SharePoint is happy

The CEO probably wouldn't be but he is on travel for the next 3 weeks in China I am sure.

And yep, it appears that there is no way them restore the numbers to who they were assigned to. Super.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Inspector_666 posted:

GO DRILL FOR OIL YOU DUMMY.

The old dude still doesn't have an update. I'd asked him to find out specifics.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Sickening posted:

The CEO probably wouldn't be but he is on travel for the next 3 weeks in China I am sure.

And yep, it appears that there is no way them restore the numbers to who they were assigned to. Super.

How many months will it be before you change your company name again?

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

Sickening posted:

Knew this was coming. Have been dicked by Microsoft in this exact scenario before.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Judge Schnoopy posted:

Hey I had a 6 month span where I thought I had developed an allergy to capsicum. Saw an allergist and everything. Hives, extreme lethargy, rashes, the worst.

Then I found out my water softener had been broken for some time and our town has extremely hard water since it's river-fed. Fixed the water softener and holy poo poo, it all cleared up. Spicy food whenever I want again!

Check your water hardness and maybe you can enjoy spicy poo poo again too!

It’s been years and across multiple apartments. It’s not severe, but it’s getting worse over time.

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

Dick Trauma posted:

Where the gently caress do you live that you can pull down 40k a year in retail?

Forward that email on to me, Dick!

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

A Pinball Wizard posted:

Where the gently caress do you live that you can pull down 40k a year in retail?

"Potential"

Probably starts at 24k plus commission bonuses

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Also a 1 bedroom studio apartment is $3k a month

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

A Pinball Wizard posted:

Furniture/mattress sails

Aunt Beth
Feb 24, 2006

Baby, you're ready!
Grimey Drawer

Bob Morales posted:

Furniture/mattress sails
I thought that mattress sails had been replaced by gas or diesel mattresses. :downsrim:

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
I'm a man who appreciates a good sailing pun.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
In the signature line of an email (name changed):

Mary Maryson (she/her/hers)

Phew, glad I didn't risk mis-gendering you. :rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003