Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Plutonis posted:

200 new posts on the thread, wow episode 22 must have been Ffffuuck

well, it was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ComaPrison posted:

i can tell you this much. i absolutely did not remotely consider voting for the right last time, and was heartbroken when trump won, but it’s precisely people like you that are the reason i will insist on voting right for every election going forwards for no other reason than gently caress you. so if you shitheads are ever wondering why you’re living under republican congressman, senators, mayors, presidents, etc, moving forwards, you really shouldn’t wonder.

if i have to deal with people like you as the price of forgoing tax breaks, then i may as well take my tax breaks and enjoy them. the upcoming tax bills all look excellent for my family and i, regardless of whether its the house version or the senate version (though the house version looks best)

and for the record, i’m asian. gently caress your affirmative action by the way
all those republican senators that have won recent elections

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

anyway its extremely funny that the dude whining about triggers and safe spaces changed his entire political beliefs because someone disagreed with him on the internet

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I have no idea what the gently caress just happened, we were talking about karisuma animators, I went to bed and then a politics troll just came in to poo poo on the fapo thread for like no reason

Endorph posted:

anyway its extremely funny that the dude whining about triggers and safe spaces changed his entire political beliefs because someone disagreed with him on the internet

lmao

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

EMIYA would have voted for bernie

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Yo, sorry for contributing to a 200 post derail in a thread I've never posted in before lmao, I sincerely came in here to get goon consensus on this show as im trying to get into fate but I saw that dude and kill bill sirens just started blasting

anyway, astolfo is cute and I'll probably get around to this, have a nice thread

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
For the record, I saw the clip of Jeanne vs Atalante posted and thought it was kinda rough detail-wise, but holy poo poo the actual animation part of it was loving on point

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

This definitely felt like they were trying to make the episode look as stylin' as possible with limited resources, and you know what it worked.

The Karna fight looked spectacular, shame it was tied to seeing the strongest dude get chumped by the most boring protag.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Xarbala posted:

The Karna fight looked spectacular, shame it was tied to seeing the strongest dude get chumped by the most boring protag.

On the other hand, it's impressive just how hard Sieg had to tilt the scales to his favour to be able to barely win.

1) The time limit. This is probably the biggest factor here, had it not been there, Karna would've had no reason to use Vasavi Shakti as he was already winning and he tries not to use too much mana normally - though he might've done so anyways in the interest of a good fight.
2) Command Spells. Beyond the obvious need to transform himself, Sieg used another Spell to power up Balmung, and even there that wasn't enough to match Karna's sheer power. Karna had no such help since Shirou was occupied on his own plans, not like he needed it.
3) Astolfo coming in with a clutch Noble Phantasm, not even his own, a ridiculously powerful shield that created an entire world - and even that got the shield completely destroyed and Astolfo hurt for trying.

It's really easy to see how things would've gone without any of that. Remove the time limit and Karna never uses Vasvi Shakti in the interest of conserving mana since he's already matching or beating his opponent at every turn. Without using Vasavi Shakti, he never loses Kavacha and Kundala, granting him massive defenses. Sieg can't break that in time as Siegfried, reverts, and then gets burnt to ashes. Remove the Command Spell (or balance it with another on Karna's side) and Sieg's Balmung gets overpowered by Brahmastra Kundala. Remove the last and...well, Anti-Divine Noble Phantasm. I doubt even ashes remain after getting hit by that.

Karna is kind of awesome.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
posting in a demented thread

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
also this definitely shows the different mo of ufotable and a1. ufotable keeps to their distinct style, whereas a1 is a more conventional studio, always temping some new animator to work on a particular set of cuts

whoever's in charge of production has been on point, the director has storyboarded them months ago and the animators must have been working on those cuts for this entire time

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Endorph posted:

dude's the living embodiment of gently caress you got mine. also hates affirmative action because??? I'm suspecting he doesn't actually know how the process works.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Why are you posting here.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Plutonis posted:

This is ADTRW. Why bother with entry requirements when you know some spiky-haired teenager is just going to blow straight through them?

Seriously, that’s a really weird question.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Plutonis posted:

This might shock you, but I can post wherever the gently caress I want. I usually just follow the Berserk and DBZ threads. :)

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Phobophilia posted:

also this definitely shows the different mo of ufotable and a1. ufotable keeps to their distinct style, whereas a1 is a more conventional studio, always temping some new animator to work on a particular set of cuts

whoever's in charge of production has been on point, the director has storyboarded them months ago and the animators must have been working on those cuts for this entire time

a1 grabbing random animators that plug in random moments of extreme sakuga in their shows is the best thing, i have no idea why they make digibro so mad

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
because digibro is a dumb fucko who only views a studio as far as them having made a show he don't like

a1 does have actual issues with their structure making it pretty easy to gently caress over animators but that's not the thing anyone ever actually crits them for so

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Koalas March posted:

This might shock you, but I can post wherever the gently caress I want. I usually just follow the Berserk and DBZ threads. :)

I see. I will elect to believe that and let the cheeky gif slide.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Colonel posted:

because digibro is a dumb fucko who only views a studio as far as them having made a show he don't like

a1 does have actual issues with their structure making it pretty easy to gently caress over animators but that's not the thing anyone ever actually crits them for so

also he doesnt even actually watch their shows. he acted like cinderella girls was a blandly animated comedy and not something with a talented, underrated director making really effective use of framing, and lots of really well-done and expressive character animation.

AirborneNinja
Jul 27, 2009

Tarezax posted:

For the record, I saw the clip of Jeanne vs Atalante posted and thought it was kinda rough detail-wise, but holy poo poo the actual animation part of it was loving on point

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuIWO7Hxaiw

I like it more then Sieg vs Karna, has more weight to it. Not to say that Sieg/Karna was bad because it also has some fantastic moments and is very pretty.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Plutonis posted:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Good job dealing with that coma, Ryuuko-chan!

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Saber and her progeny are good

Grausherra
Jul 15, 2007

Look into my eyes...

Plutonis posted:

200 new posts on the thread, wow episode 22 must have been Ffffuuck

Haha. This happened to me just now.
Got to work and grabbed some coffee on the way to my desk and then I see oh wow so many new posts the last few episodes must have been dope Ffffuuck.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
i didnt even click the thread until i finished 22, so i had made the reasonable assumption that people had been discussing the quality of the animation and the nature of red ruler's salvation

i was wrong in the most spectacular way

i still dont know what set off the dude

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Phobophilia posted:

i didnt even click the thread until i finished 22, so i had made the reasonable assumption that people had been discussing the quality of the animation and the nature of red ruler's salvation

i was wrong in the most spectacular way

i still dont know what set off the dude

he was carrying over dumb drama he started in the f/go thread

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Jeanne x Astolfo is now canon. :3:

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
Sorry, that's actually best girl powerful and manly knight of the round table, Mordred. You can tell by the red scrunchie and the chicken, which I think Mordred was eating earlier in the series

Also, I read this from Type-Moon:

quote:

Saber was originally going to be male like the legend, but it was thought that having two male characters look feminine, the other being Rider of Black, was too much.
I've never been so disappointed in a nerdy legendary-heroes-fight company before.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Anyone got a video of that famous/infamous Naruto vs. Pain animation? I’ve had a remarkable amount of difficulty tracking down a good, relevant clip to watch.

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

Anyone got a video of that famous/infamous Naruto vs. Pain animation? I’ve had a remarkable amount of difficulty tracking down a good, relevant clip to watch.

You can find it at Sakugabooru but be warned that it's split up in little clips that encapsulate certain animations in the fight and there's no audio. Check out the tags shingo_yamashita and norio_matsumoto.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Darth Walrus posted:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/naruto-shippuden/episode-167-planetary-devastation-542498

it's a good fight op

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Cephas posted:

Sorry, that's actually best girl powerful and manly knight of the round table, Mordred. You can tell by the red scrunchie and the chicken, which I think Mordred was eating earlier in the series
But Mordred doesn't have pink hair?

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N

Poil posted:

But Mordred doesn't have pink hair?

The one with the red scrunchie doesn't have pink hair either. Also, Jeanne has blue eyes, Mordred has green.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
So.....questions:

Why was Atalanta modeled as a cat that transforms into a demon/bat? Wasn't she raised by bears?

Why does Achilles call her "nee-san"? I don't know of any material that has the two of them adventuring together or even meeting. Herc, I could understand because of the whole Argonauts thing. But Achilles?

Also, these last two episodes have made up a lot for the drudging pace of the rest of the show. (But not completely.)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

AlternateNu posted:

Why does Achilles call her "nee-san"? I don't know of any material that has the two of them adventuring together or even meeting. Herc, I could understand because of the whole Argonauts thing. But Achilles?
Peleus told him about his wrestling match with her.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

AlternateNu posted:

So.....questions:

Why was Atalanta modeled as a cat that transforms into a demon/bat? Wasn't she raised by bears?

Also, these last two episodes have made up a lot for the drudging pace of the rest of the show. (But not completely.)

It's the Calydonian Boar.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

AlternateNu posted:

So.....questions:

Atalanta has the cat features due to how her myth generally ends. Some time after the whole thing with the golden apples, Aphrodite didn't feel Hippomenes had given her enough recompense for them and thus cursed Hippomenes and Atalanta to gently caress in the temple of some major god(dess) or another (it varies by source). They were transformed into lions for this sacrilege (which of course wasn't their fault, but this is Greek mythology and the Greek gods we're talking about here).

As mentioned, her pelt is that of the Calydonian Boar, and basically drastically amps her stats while effectively turning her into a Berserker.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
^^^^^^^^^^
Ah, interesting.

Argas posted:

It's the Calydonian Boar.

I mean, that makes sense for her second NP, but I still don't get the cat-girl motif for her normal form.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

AlternateNu posted:

So.....questions:

Achilles calls Atalanta "nee-san" because that's what you call a young adult woman when you're not using their name. He's effectively calling her "Miss".

Tarezax fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Dec 15, 2017

• Locked thread