Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I doubt the manga will be much better, and it's sad, because WITH all the powers we've seen showcased to now, you really could have a seriously ugly battle royale forcing everyone to their think-tactical limits. There's been a lot of good stuff, but all the interesting ideas get handled by characters who act like they never thought about how to use their powers before, and do tremendously stupid poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the manga will be vastly better paced but idk about its treatment of the cast

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
I just watched the Kale/Caulifla/Kefla fight instead and it’s more fun to watch than bug person, chameleon, and projector.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Goku will defeat Kevlar with one punch in base form on the manga.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Toyotaro seems more willing to have the characters getting beaten up than the anime which should hopefully make it seem a little less of a walk in the park.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Katoplesa was gone too soon

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

if nothing else, I like to think that there won't be enough time/panels to show everyone getting knocked off so u7 probably won't end up with the majority of the elims

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Kashuno posted:

I'm more pissed because like, we've had quite a few instances of fighters being INCREDIBLY close to the edge while fighting or for no reason at all! U4 had all the tools to just occasionally be like *boop* and have everyone in the tournament spend the entire fight on edge. U4 could've made this tournament absolutely amazing, and it makes the complete uselessness of them even more frustrating

Yeah right? You'd think chameleon man would have tried something when Hit had Jiren frozen at the edge of the ring

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

CharlestonJew posted:

Yeah right? You'd think chameleon man would have tried something when Hit had Jiren frozen at the edge of the ring

I mean Jiren had Goku literally clawing on with his fingers. Just kick the dude, Goku has been known to let his guard down

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
You don’t even have to kick him just step on his fingers! Just walk by and step on his fingers!

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

It just struck me that in a way, UI was Goku just getting supremely tired and pissed off at everyone always telling him to stop dropping his guard and keep his defenses up, even goddamn 17 razzlin him over it

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Dragonball is kind of a dumb show for kids, maybe?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

VanSandman posted:

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

Kashuno posted:

I'm more pissed because like, we've had quite a few instances of fighters being INCREDIBLY close to the edge while fighting or for no reason at all! U4 had all the tools to just occasionally be like *boop* and have everyone in the tournament spend the entire fight on edge. U4 could've made this tournament absolutely amazing, and it makes the complete uselessness of them even more frustrating

That could've been a nice touch. Throughout the tournament, they could've peppered in a few instances where u7 [or any other universe] knocks someone close to the edge, and the contestant mysteriously falls off, but nobody really has time to figure it out, 'cause they've got to quickly deal with the next threat, while Mouse GoD silently chuckles to himself. The tension could slowly build before u7 realizes that they have to deal with this weird situation. But oh well.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Black August posted:

It just struck me that in a way, UI was Goku just getting supremely tired and pissed off at everyone always telling him to stop dropping his guard and keep his defenses up, even goddamn 17 razzlin him over it

His body knows better than 'he' does. Does this surprise you?

He treats his fighting like he treats his friendships. Always open to someone/something new. Even if it's only to fight/meet them again. He keeps doing it. And most of the time it works. He's willing to put his body on the line to learn his or his opponent's limits. Which is....nice, but dangerous. Think of the Hit fiasco. He let himself 'die' to get an idea of his moveset.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

VanSandman posted:

It's a dumb show for FAMILIES, actually

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
Vegito Blue was much stronger than UI Goku, as well as Jiren, and is likely the strongest fighter we have ever seen in the series sans the Grand Priest and Angels.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

tbp posted:

Vegito Blue was much stronger than UI Goku, as well as Jiren, and is likely the strongest fighter we have ever seen in the series sans the Grand Priest and Angels.

Too bad he has an operational time of 17 seconds.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Kanos posted:

Too bad he has an operational time of 17 seconds.
So, five episodes?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

homeless hungry plz help posted:

I want a specific interaction between Hit and Gotenks's Galactic Donuts.

He'd switch places and trap gotenks in them.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

CharlestonJew posted:

Hit getting wrecked by Jiren because one of the U4 dumbasses accidentally freed him from his time prison would have been a way better ending to that fight.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Kashuno posted:

That would require a Universe that is not Universe 7 accomplishing something or being important so that's a nonstarter.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/govetaxv/status/941278524836421633

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

It just hit me how incredibly conservative Freiza has been this entire match, the dude is going to slaughterhouse once it's down to his famous 5 minutes and the dilation kicks in

Even better that twice now Goku has stopped him from actually expending more power by holding him back

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Freiza is probably at this point slightly weaker than Goku's base and on-par or stronger than Vegeta and hasn't even expended any energy into doing things in the tournament. I don't know whether or not Freiza will end up with Ultra Instinct like Goku or inevitably Vegeta will but I'm pretty sure his Gold form is probably matching Vegeta and Goku's SSB with less stamina loss.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Freiza already knows he can't beat Jiren and has committed himself to keeping his new Ginyu fresh to get the job done so he can steal the win for the wish

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

RealFoxy posted:

Freiza is probably at this point slightly weaker than Goku's base and on-par or stronger than Vegeta and hasn't even expended any energy into doing things in the tournament. I don't know whether or not Freiza will end up with Ultra Instinct like Goku or inevitably Vegeta will but I'm pretty sure his Gold form is probably matching Vegeta and Goku's SSB with less stamina loss.

Frieza will fo something cool

And thats much better than power levels.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Dec 15, 2017

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
The guy that made the illusions was cool af bring him back

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I can't believe he looked small and ineffectual and actually was small and ineffectual, that's not Dragon Ball.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

The Dragon Ball movie will be released in December of next year. It's going to revolve around the origin of the Saiyans and feature even more Saiyan characters. Toriyama is doing the script and character designs.

I wonder if this'll be a movie about Yamoshi. It seems it'd be the best way to get lore-heavy about the Saiyan race.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Blaze Dragon posted:

The Dragon Ball movie will be released in December of next year. It's going to revolve around the origin of the Saiyans and feature even more Saiyan characters. Toriyama is doing the script and character designs.

I wonder if this'll be a movie about Yamoshi. It seems it'd be the best way to get lore-heavy about the Saiyan race.

It'd explain what the gently caress Toriyama was doing bringing him up

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Burkion posted:

It'd explain what the gently caress Toriyama was doing bringing him up

It's not like it's weird for Toriyama to suddenly add lore stuff that wasn't ever asked for, clearly wasn't actually thought through, and affects absolutely nothing (see: 17 and 18's real names, 16's reason for existing). But it'd be neat if the whole Yamoshi thing actually got properly shown.

Also here's Heroes' new trailer, featuring a whole three Vegetas.

https://twitter.com/ryu_dragon_ball/status/941853085034414080

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

if the new movie is about the original super saiyan legend, totally removed from the current dragonball stuff, that would honestly be kind of cool. im all about them expanding the world of dragonball with more stuff that can show up in games

plus it will give us a non-goku saiyan protagonist that isnt bardock. maybe he'll even have different looking hair

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Blaze Dragon posted:

It's not like it's weird for Toriyama to suddenly add lore stuff that wasn't ever asked for, clearly wasn't actually thought through, and affects absolutely nothing (see: 17 and 18's real names, 16's reason for existing). But it'd be neat if the whole Yamoshi thing actually got properly shown.

okay there is zero chance they're not going to have King Vegeta and Bardock fuse into Vegedock or whatever and he'll just be Vegito with a goatee and scar on his face. right? thats the only reason to bring king vegeta back in this context

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

"Bardock vs King Vegeta" is one of those stupid fanfiction things that is so obvious I can't believe it didn't happen before.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

if it's the origin of the saiyans, would it be before freeza? like when they take over the planet vegeta or w/e?

will there be another goku

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Kelp Plankton posted:

plus it will give us a non-goku saiyan protagonist that isnt bardock. maybe he'll even have different looking hair

If this is Yamoshi, it will indeed be a non-Goku Saiyan protagonist...because every view we had of Yamoshi made him look identical to Vegeta instead.

Manatee Cannon posted:

if it's the origin of the saiyans, would it be before freeza? like when they take over the planet vegeta or w/e?

will there be another goku

If it is the origin of the Saiyans, it'll be much before they take over Planet Vegeta, that happened only a few decades ago.

Planet Vegeta was named after Vegeta's dad, Vegeta, not after other predecessors that may also have been called Vegeta. Planet Sadala being destroyed and the Tuffle Genocide happened very recently in historical terms, only a generation or so ago.

If it shows the takeover of Planet Plant (later, Planet Vegeta) then the "other Goku" will just be Bardock.

EDIT: DB Wiki says that the Tuffle Genocide and takeover of Plant Vegeta happened on Age 730, only a mere 50 years ago.

Blaze Dragon fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Dec 16, 2017

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Blaze Dragon posted:

If anyone cares this also shows off something that will probably happen within two episodes in Super.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Does King Vegeta also get the full Super Saiyan suite?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Funky Valentine posted:

Does King Vegeta also get the full Super Saiyan suite?

Not yet, but he hasn't broken out of Time Breaker mind control. Once he does he'll probably go straight into Super Saiyan 3 since that's what Heroes likes.