Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers
This is why I don't buy a lot of toys for Bonny.

https://i.imgur.com/IjSDw1A.gifv

Is there a way to make these smaller?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Amadeus thinks my name is Baby and his is Bird (he responds to his actual name, too, but I'm pretty sure he thinks it's just a term of endearment).

Like many if not all bird owners I often tell him 'you're a good bird.'

Tonight he was snuggled up against my neck, all warm and soft, and busted out clear as day 'you're a good baby.'

How do we even deserve these beasts :kimchi:

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Halloween Jack posted:

I've never done step up training with a stick because he just totally freaks out at any kind of handheld perch. Any way to get around that?

Acclimate the bird to the perch. If bird wants Fun Time, bird better use the perch! Gloves also help if you can't make the perch work.

HE HAS GOOGLY EYES AAAAAAAAAAAAA

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

1500 posted:

just look at em bop and boop and wiggle and aaaaAAAAAA

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

WE DON'T

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

So Sunny has picked up the most adorable habit, see, he's learned that I don't like having his poop on me, and has taken it upon himself to remedy that. He does this by using his beak to fling the crap in a random direction. Now every poop becomes a fun race for me to grab a paper towel before he flings it any which way. This made me have a fun conversation with my doctor when Sunny scored a bullseye in my ear. Birds.

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCBoPqd122M

Gillian: preen plz
Garrus: :derptiel:

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Amadeus thinks my name is Baby and his is Bird (he responds to his actual name, too, but I'm pretty sure he thinks it's just a term of endearment).

Tonight he was snuggled up against my neck, all warm and soft, and busted out clear as day 'you're a good baby.'

Oh my goodness :kimchi:

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

i read this post out loud during a break in d&d last night and now everyone wants birds.

Nov 3, 2015

stolen from the SC thread.

https://i.imgur.com/5r3MJdS.mp4

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

nielsm posted:

Whenever the crest scrapes against the ceiling like this, it always makes me think of classic bumper cars with a pole touching the ceiling.
I think 'tiels would enjoy bumper cars.

When it pokes out the top of the cage is pretty good too!

Halloween Jack posted:

I've never done step up training with a stick because he just totally freaks out at any kind of handheld perch. Any way to get around that?

Can you use a perch that looks the same as one in his cage?

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Inko calls me Baby too! And my partner is Birdie. Is it just a sound they like? He doesn't say nice things to me like Ama does to you though :kimchi:

Too busy flirting with the phone to preen the actual into-you-and-willing ladytiel

Inglonias
Mar 7, 2013

I WILL PUT THIS FLAG ON FREAKING EVERYTHING BECAUSE IT IS SYMBOLIC AS HELL SOMEHOW

1500 posted:

What kind of bird is that? (aside from a good one, which I figure is a given) I can see it's some kind of macaw, but beyond that I cannot tell.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer

1500 posted:

Look at that joyful birb :3:

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

How is Ama even real?????

So perfectly captures cockatiel males vs. cockatiel females and also the general :derptiel: of the whole species.

This is a good thread :kimchi: Also it is my birthday and I'm gonna exploit that and demand bird pictures from all of you even if you're just lurkers!!!

Edit: Look at these sassy goddamn cockatoo pants

Tendai fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Dec 14, 2017

Nov 3, 2015

Inglonias posted:

What kind of bird is that? (aside from a good one, which I figure is a given) I can see it's some kind of macaw, but beyond that I cannot tell.

She is a shamrock macaw.

extra birdness

https://i.imgur.com/5Ivv2nH.mp4

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Inglonias posted:

It's a hybrid macaw which is another word for mixed breeding for colors. It's a mutt of a bird, but mutts can even be more awesome than the pure bred.

Edit: poster said it was a shamrock which means its a 1st Gen hybrid .

http://animal-world.com/encyclo/birds/macaws/HybridMacaws.php

Shamrock is the name of that specific mix given by the person who made the first one . It's exactly the same thing dog breeders do when they start marketing a new breed like "labradoodle"

EVIL Gibson fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Dec 14, 2017

Nov 3, 2015

EVIL Gibson posted:

It's a hybrid macaw which is another word for mixed breeding for colors. It's a mutt of a bird, but mutts can even be more awesome than the pure bred.

Edit: poster said it was a shamrock which means its a 1st Gen hybrid .

http://animal-world.com/encyclo/birds/macaws/HybridMacaws.php

Shamrock is the name of that specific mix given by the person who made the first one . It's exactly the same thing dog breeders do when they start marketing a new breed like "labradoodle"

In common terns it can be thought of as a breed. But macaw hybrids are not breeds as they are different species than their parents. They are a new species created by mating two other species, in the case of Bonny (shamrock/Rainbow macaw) she is a mix of Scarlet and Military.

1500 fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Dec 14, 2017

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

Tendai posted:

Look at that joyful birb :3:
This is a good thread :kimchi: Also it is my birthday and I'm gonna exploit that and demand bird pictures from all of you even if you're just lurkers!!!

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Ohtori is a very good bird indeed :kimchi:

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004

Battle Pigeon posted:

Inko calls me Baby too! And my partner is Birdie. Is it just a sound they like? He doesn't say nice things to me like Ama does to you though :kimchi:

I love hearing the little voices call you by their name for you :)

Cricket calls me Baby...only me though. Its always "I love you Baby" or "Hey Baby"...

She calls my husband Birdie Bird lol The only time she says that is with him...I think its rather cute. She won't say it all day till he comes home then as soon as she sees his car or hears the garage door open she starts yelling "Hey Birdie Bird! " If she hears him on the phone she will start saying "Birdie Bird, Hey Birdie Bird"

She will not say Cricket though... it's always "birdie" She likes hearing her name though, but she will not say it.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Oh hey what's this

A cunning ruse?

No. Do they work?

It works!

WHO DID THIS?

Oh.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

1500 posted:

In common terns it can be thought of as a breed. But macaw hybrids are not breeds as they are different species than their parents. They are a new species created by mating two other species, in the case of Bonny (shamrock/Rainbow macaw) she is a mix of Scarlet and Military.

You explained what generation 1 hybrids.

Basically I was trying to say that but yes, if you click on the link I posted you can see all the weird names and the specific species used to make it.

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

Tendai posted:

Ohtori is a very good bird indeed :kimchi:

In exchange for part of a brazil nut and some biting of the fingats, he hopes you have a great day!

Disco Salmon posted:

I love hearing the little voices call you by their name for you :)

Cricket calls me Baby...only me though. Its always "I love you Baby" or "Hey Baby"...

She calls my husband Birdie Bird lol The only time she says that is with him...I think its rather cute. She won't say it all day till he comes home then as soon as she sees his car or hears the garage door open she starts yelling "Hey Birdie Bird! " If she hears him on the phone she will start saying "Birdie Bird, Hey Birdie Bird"

She will not say Cricket though... it's always "birdie" She likes hearing her name though, but she will not say it.

Inko will try and lure me to uncover him or pay attention to him with a Hey Baby!/HEY BEEBEEEEE, but doesn't really directly refer to me otherwise. He constantly calls for Birdie though, listens when I say "birdie not here", ALWAYS (even if covered) greets Birdie coming in from work etc, and has said Hello Good Birdie! Yet I'm the only one still that can really hold and handle him, and give scritches etc

He likes telling (himself? us) that INKO GOOD BOY/GOOD BIRD/GOOD BIRDIE, or answer with INKO when asked Who Is a Good Boy?*

Both Inko and Steve can say Hey Tori! I wonder what it means to them though. Maybe they think it's just a regular sort of greeting since they hear it a lot. They seem to all know each others name, though.

*Yesterday they had to be covered up two hours earlier than usual, as we were going to be out super late and don't have lights that turn off or whatever. When it came time, I asked Inko as usual Is it Time? Time For Bed? Want Night Night? All of which he responds to with kisses, if it is indeed deemed by him to be time (he also kisses wildly if he's not covered when he wants, or at the normal time). So I'm asking, but because it's two hours earlier, he's just staring at me silently. I keep asking, he keeps staring. Then

:v: Inko, is it time? Time for night night?
:mad: REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
:mad: Inko bird a good bird.
:mad: (silence ever after)

Anthropomorphising obviously, but it seemed like he was very angry that I was suggesting an early cover up, and that he hadn't been a bad boy-the only reason it could possibly occur early, right?-and expressed his anger and disapproval followed by affirming that he's a good bird, so no it isn't time piss off. Or maybe he was angry and then tried to appeal to me?

He's so sassy :3:

Halloween Jack posted:

Oh hey what's this

A cunning ruse?

No. Do they work?

It works!

WHO DID THIS?

Oh.

Vivid colours on both your egg machine and the yolks themselves! Good work lil chook

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That chicken's expression just gets me

little_firebird
Sep 1, 2008

Why don't you
just eat your
belly button and die?!

Hello.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

he flung him hat into the wet sink before i could save it

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004
Happy Birdday Tendai!!!

Cricket is wishing you a happy birthday and many happy times ahead....at least that is what I am telling myself she is saying as she rages against her toy atm. Apparently she is adamant (very loudly adamant), that you have a good birthday so don't let her down :P

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Happy birthday Tendai!

http://aiweirdness.com/post/168537453207/when-ai-gets-into-birding

An AI generates fake bird names!

quote:

Humboldn’s Cuckoo-Eagle-Parrot
Adbau Mungle-Flycatcher
Forest Tern
Red Frogmouth
Freckled Love
Temetai African Pope Catbird
Dufous Partridge
Fawn-bellied Flowerpecker
Lavaranean Hawk
Hothell’s Hummingbird
Eastern Shove Crake
Long-tailed Honey-buzzard
Iceland Reedhaunter
Blood Flycatcher
Mungleh’s Wattle-eye
Slender-eared Chat

quote:

Maddeel’s Woodhaunter
African White-capped Hocky Owl
Fairy-collared Barblering Bush-Roe Hyra
Dusky Sicky-faced Petrel
White-throated Sukbird
Koopa
paucosian Rivetpecker
Hoaly Titco’s Badwinch
Snowy Mourning Heron-Robin
Javan Clamper Leafbird
Dog-winged Buczardle
Red-bellied Pale-tufted Junkletar
Moustached White Owl
Pacific Three-hong-toed Thick-dee
Buttmanxwecir
Mar Punybill
Ledt’s Cockadoo
Mountain-rumpting-Finch
warn-winged Wood-banded-Black-breasted Stesing-Patein-fronted Crimsonwing
Tag yourself.

I'm warn-winged Wood-banded-Black-breasted Stesing-Patein-fronted Crimsonwing, clearly.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Hoaly Titco’s Badwinch, Batman!

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Hoaly Titco’s Badwinch 

^^^^ legit didn't see your post, Led't Cockatoo it is!!

Potato Salad fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Dec 15, 2017

ApathyGirl
Aug 24, 2013

Tendai posted:

Bo wishes you a happy birbday, and hopes that you get all the scritches and cuddles you want - if you don't, she says you can have hers.

edit: Fairy-collared Barblering Bush-Roe Hyra. obv.
Also, I just noticed the unpaid avatar changed and I just... no. No, no non, nope, good job getting me to finally pay, site. I might as well bird crazy myself while I'm at it, would someone post the code for the newer tag again, please?

ApathyGirl fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Dec 15, 2017

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

WrenP-Complete posted:

Happy birthday Tendai!

Tag yourself.

I'm warn-winged Wood-banded-Black-breasted Stesing-Patein-fronted Crimsonwing, clearly.

It me, the --

Tsaedje posted:

Hoaly Titco’s Badwinch, Batman!

Potato Salad posted:

Hoaly Titco’s Badwinch 

damnit!!!!!!!

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Also happy birthday Tendai :h: :h: :h:

Also also, Inko :3:

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
This is my Adbau Mungle-Flycatcher. It Mungle-Flycatches Adbaus.

GoingPostal
Jun 1, 2015

I love Derek Smart
U love Derek Smart
If we didn't love Derek Smart, we'd be lame
Iceland Reedhaunter. It sounds like something out of a D&D monster manual.

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

ApathyGirl posted:

Bo wishes you a happy birbday, and hopes that you get all the scritches and cuddles you want - if you don't, she says you can have hers.

A Very Good Bird

Hello, Also Good Bird

subpar anachronism posted:

he flung him hat into the wet sink before i could save it

Bloody Top Notch Bird

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
All these good fuckin' birds :kimchi: Thanks friends.

kzin602
May 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Potato discovered that he can take baths in his water bowl; he's still young and will get super worked up about new experiences.

https://imgur.com/Ebv5OUX

So proud of himself! Does not want to step up or anything just march around on the platform!

kzin602 fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Dec 15, 2017

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost
Presented without comment

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1590197891239197/permalink/2031043983821250/

Patrovsky
May 8, 2007
whatever is fine

Are tumblr posts allowed? Because this one gave me much amusement.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

WrenP-Complete posted:

Happy birthday Tendai!

Tag yourself.

long-tailed honey-buzzard for sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004
I rather like Dead Flycatcher to be honest :)

I'm actually considering changing my username to that :P

I also like Pygmy Sea Shag, Indigo Mungletoe-Tyrant, Red Frogmouth, and Caramel Apple Wime Figl’s Topped Sugrum’s Pumpar.

Possibly might change my name!!

Disco Salmon fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Dec 16, 2017