Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yea that line of reasoning is dumb as hell and makes no sense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

It made sense from the perspective of "Well if EVERYTHING is erased then really it won't matter that much" and maybe just a kiss of reluctance to get caught up in the old business of genocide

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I don't think Frieza is going to come out on top tbh, he's definitely going to make a move but I'd be surprised if he gets away with it and he grabs the wish, especially with the fate of the other seven universes on the line.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Super Saiyan Satan is coming to Xenoverse 2

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
Jirens reasoning is fine. There's a sort of futility wrt the gods that a lot of non sayains have which is interesting compared to goku and co who literally plan to defeat reality and divinity time and time
Again

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

tbp posted:

Jirens reasoning is fine. There's a sort of futility wrt the gods that a lot of non sayains have which is interesting compared to goku and co who literally plan to defeat reality and divinity time and time
Again

I think most universes have much more interaction with their GoDs and Kais than U7, and have probably seen some pretty crazy poo poo. As far as U7 is concerned, Shin is a useless joke and Beerus is strong and can wipe out stuff but also kinda a bitch so why not ascend beyond them

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I mean why would U7 respect the Gods and the divine, they've known nothing but horror and suffering their entire lives in a dead universe, and have overcome nightmare after nightmare, all the way to a violent and worthless Destroyer and an evil Kaioshin

There is nothing worth obeying or submitting to and they have every right to overcome the gods who never wanted them happy or alive to begin with

Wellwinds
Mar 20, 2010
I really really hope freeza doesn't get some wish for ~ultimate power~ and retread his whole thing of being the biggest and baddest. I was ambivalent to him being wished back for the ToP but seeing him forced to interact with the cast without being supremely dominant but still very much an rear end in a top hat has made me enjoy him way more than I ever have before

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Black August posted:

I mean why would U7 respect the Gods and the divine, they've known nothing but horror and suffering their entire lives in a dead universe, and have overcome nightmare after nightmare, all the way to a violent and worthless Destroyer and an evil Kaioshin

There is nothing worth obeying or submitting to and they have every right to overcome the gods who never wanted them happy or alive to begin with

Yeah, the U7 dudes have absolutely no impetus to respect or honor the divine hierarchy beyond the threat of annihilation. Their first interactions with their respective supreme universal deities were meeting Shin to help figure out how to clean up his Majin Buu mess for him, and then they met Beerus by Beerus rolling up to Earth out of nowhere and demanding to fight someone strong enough or he'd blow up their planet for no reason. The only truly divine figure who has ever been nothing but actively benevolent to Goku and company is King Kai.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
You guys are definitely projecting some kind of weird hostility towards Shin onto the characters that they just don't have

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Shin is a victim of the system and Beerus as well, but at the end of the day he still goddamn stupid and was basically left to die alone in the dark

EDIT: By evil Kaioshin I meant Zamasu

when even the Creator Gods are trying to slaughter you and loving with you, that's about when enough is loving ENOUGH

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Blockhouse posted:

You guys are definitely projecting some kind of weird hostility towards Shin onto the characters that they just don't have

To be fair Android 18 was basically ready to gank his rear end for getting too excited.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Blockhouse posted:

I don't think any of the characters hate or should hate Shin, they just have no reason to respect him or his position at all(and they pretty obviously don't) because he's hopelessly ineffectual and out of his depth. The other universes seem to have much more hands-on gods that actually command respect from their fighters.

e: Yeah 18 casually threatening to murder the supreme kai of her universe because he got a little enthusiastic and him immediately falling into line is basically all that needs to be said about how U7 interacts with their deities.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
people respecting Supreme Kais when they understand the celestial heirarchy is insane anyway; they aren't really that impressive as fighters in the grand scheme of things, are clearly subservient to both the GoD and the GoD's attendant, and their power seems exceedingly limited outside of raw punch-manin. A Kai being able to go even with a SS2 is considered insane and a once in a lifetime genius. If the tournament hadn't been so overwhelmingly in favor of Goku's universe I would have pretty easily believed that out of everything in the Null World right now, the Supreme Kais are the weakest. As it is, I instead assume maybe 30-35 of the 80 participants are stronger then their Kais.

Supreme Kais got shafted because they showed up first.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

See Also: Bulma and Beerus, the cat knows he’s a guilty piece of worthless unqualified garbage who has done nothing with his power but be an ineffectual bully and buffoon tormenting what’s left of life in his graveyard playground

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

I always found it weird how like, five non-deities in the entire series were initially aware of the real, actual gods that exist. No one but Vegeta and Frieza even knew Beerus existed until he showed up on Earth, and no one even knew Supreme Kais existed until the Buu Saga. I guess I can chalk that up to Toriyama making poo poo up as he goes, but I still find it strange.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

tbf super saiyan 2 is still top tier across the multiverse if the tournament of power is anything to go by

it's just that the difference between the top fighters is absurd

e: think about it: buu, whis, and beerus were literally the only things in the universe stronger than gohan when he killed cell

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
In u11 no one is stronger than Jiren under than his angel.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Stallion Cabana posted:

people respecting Supreme Kais when they understand the celestial heirarchy is insane anyway; they aren't really that impressive as fighters in the grand scheme of things, are clearly subservient to both the GoD and the GoD's attendant, and their power seems exceedingly limited outside of raw punch-manin. A Kai being able to go even with a SS2 is considered insane and a once in a lifetime genius. If the tournament hadn't been so overwhelmingly in favor of Goku's universe I would have pretty easily believed that out of everything in the Null World right now, the Supreme Kais are the weakest. As it is, I instead assume maybe 30-35 of the 80 participants are stronger then their Kais.

Supreme Kais got shafted because they showed up first.

You don't respect the Kai because they're powerful fighters (which they are U7 is just full of monsters) you respect them because they're creation deities it's U7 Kai's don't create poo poo and they hands off as all hell.

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

I always found it weird how like, five non-deities in the entire series were initially aware of the real, actual gods that exist. No one but Vegeta and Frieza even knew Beerus existed until he showed up on Earth, and no one even knew Supreme Kais existed until the Buu Saga. I guess I can chalk that up to Toriyama making poo poo up as he goes, but I still find it strange.

U7 deities are really super hands off to the point that they get called out on it. Other universes clearly don't have this problem.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

That's because most of the universe is dead and empty, and the gods barely intervene to do anything to save it

Beerus would have happily kept destroying worlds, pillaging them for food, and sleeping through galactic genocides until absolutely all life was gone

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Manatee Cannon posted:

tbf super saiyan 2 is still top tier across the multiverse if the tournament of power is anything to go by

it's just that the difference between the top fighters is absurd

e: think about it: buu, whis, and beerus were literally the only things in the universe stronger than gohan when he killed cell

Wasn't Dabura up there? I remember Goku saying he was on par with Perfect Cell and then going 'My bad, probably stronger' during the fight.

Dabura's always a wild card because he never really has a definitive fight and then gets jobbed by Buu doing magic.

Zore fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Dec 19, 2017

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Stallion Cabana posted:

A Kai being able to go even with a SS2 is considered insane and a once in a lifetime genius.

Yeah a Kai, not a Kaioshin. That's a big loving deal. King Kai was sub-Nappa. It doesn't seem like much because Zamasu looks like he does. He really should've been a cockroach man like the U7 versions.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

he never says dabura is stronger. gohan was tied with him while being definitively weaker than when he killed super perfect cell, so that wouldn't make any sense

but yea dabura would have been right behind gohan, at least at the time of cell's death. considering ss2 was stronger than at least 4 entire teams in the tournament of power, he'd be pretty far up in the grand scheme of things

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

It's kind of easy to forget as well that one man's Super Saiyan 2 isn't necessarily the same tier as another- Trunks' SSj2 was Goku's SSj3 level, and time and training or lack thereof can make it slide all around the place now

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Zore posted:

Wasn't Dabura up there? I remember Goku saying he was on par with Perfect Cell and then going 'My bad, probably stronger' during the fight.

Dabura's always a wild card because he never really has a definitive fight and then gets jobbed by Buu doing magic.

Considering one punch from Buu has him beat up, on his knees, and breathing raggedly I don't think magic was necessary for Buu to job him out

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

imo they should stop respecting shin and start actively ragging on him because he's done nothing right his entire life

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Black August posted:

It's kind of easy to forget as well that one man's Super Saiyan 2 isn't necessarily the same tier as another- Trunks' SSj2 was Goku's SSj3 level, and time and training or lack thereof can make it slide all around the place now

Super Saiyan 2 once mastered seems to be as strong or even stronger than 3 with no drawbacks, as Vegeta showed in BoG and Trunks in Super (especially in the manga). Not to mention Kefla's green version that was beyond a Super Saiyan Blue in strength, but that's a special case anyways.

Funky Valentine posted:

imo they should stop respecting shin and start actively ragging on him because he's done nothing right his entire life

I don't think anyone actually respects Shin except maybe Piccolo and a third of him was at one point a lower-ranked deity, thus Shin was kind of his boss.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Goku is going to knock Jiren off, but go to grab his hand to be like “good job buddy can’t wait to fight again :)” and Freeza will bop them out. Vegeta amd Freeza vs Dyspo and Toppo is the final fight

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

SirKibbles posted:

U7 deities are really super hands off to the point that they get called out on it. Other universes clearly don't have this problem.
Aren't all the Kais supposed to be that way in every Universe? I remember that was part of Zamasu's anger towards mortals or something.

Blaze Dragon posted:

I don't think anyone actually respects Shin except maybe Piccolo and a third of him was at one point a lower-ranked deity, thus Shin was kind of his boss.
Is Kami even a deity? I mean I know his name literally means "God", but even the secretary of the afterlife treated him like a lowly annoyance.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I mean Zamasu's definition of what a Kaioshin should be doing is "genociding all the ugly races"

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

King Kai should take Shin's job. Hell, give him Zeno's.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

Aren't all the Kais supposed to be that way in every Universe? I remember that was part of Zamasu's anger towards mortals or something.

Is Kami even a deity? I mean I know his name literally means "God", but even the secretary of the afterlife treated him like a lowly annoyance.

No that's why U7 and U10's mortal level is so low. They're supposed to be creating life and kind of nudging the overall quality of life to be better. GoD's take out threats like Frieza and Buu and I'd assume kind of like how forest fires have to happen you'd blow up a few planets every once and awhile (hopefully under developed, a dying planet,or filled with assholes).

Kami or currently Dende is a deity he's just really low in the bureaucratic chain.

Blockhouse posted:

I mean Zamasu's definition of what a Kaioshin should be doing is "genociding all the ugly races"

He would've been an ok GoD not great but functional. Definitely better than Goku or Vegeta would be.

SirKibbles fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Dec 19, 2017

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

KING KAI FOR KAIOSHIN 2018

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Kashuno posted:

Goku is going to knock Jiren off, but go to grab his hand to be like “good job buddy can’t wait to fight again :)” and Freeza will bop them out. Vegeta, Toppo and Dypso VS Frieza is the final fight.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

King Kai Would Have Won

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Stallion Cabana posted:

Goku losing in Ultra Instinct (Omen), Frezia taking out the completely winded Jiren (not him being stronger then Jiren, just him capitalizing on Goku wearing him down), and then Frezia wishing to be God of Everything or whatever leading to the mastery of Ultra Instinct in the aftermath leading to another Frezia beatdown seems possible?

I dunno. It does not fee like Goku is getting a 'clean' victory over Jiren, at least to me. He's been built up too much and everyone else in the tournament has taken a hit on how worthwhile they are to continue to buff up Jiren. Even a tense victory over Jiren at this point could honestly end up feeling unsatisfying even if it is really well animated and stuff.
Having Freiza get the wish and use it to become Aku Platinum is a waste because then we just go straight from this arc into everyone fighting Frieza, or into everyone scrambling through a desperate hellscape and we just did that with the Zamasu arc. I think Freiza is gonna pull poo poo for the next arc.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Freeza's technically supposed to go back to being dead after the TOP, right?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Spiritus Nox posted:

Goku promised to bring him back to life

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

CharlestonJew posted:

Goku promised to bring him back to life

Ah, right, of course he did

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Spiritus Nox posted:

Yeah he's still dead. Someone has to wish him back formally, which I figure will be something along the lines of Goku gathering the Balls, fulfilling his promise because Frieza played straight, and then as he is in the middle of saying "good luck with your new life, don't conquer any more planets" Frieza blows up Earth, possibly after waiting out Whis's time-rewind range.