Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

It's weird there seems to be no intermediary between supreme Kai and grand priest. Is this supposed to relay poo poo from his dad to shin and beerus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
The real question is how much more sense does Dragon Ball make if I read Dr. Slump?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

XboxPants posted:

You're right, but isn't it pretty established that Zeno is above every other god? Do you have a different impression?

I mean, maybe? The Super Dragon Balls are stated to have no limit on what they grant, up to and including reversing Zeno's erasure. Toriyama probably doesn't even know yet.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Star Man posted:

The real question is how much more sense does Dragon Ball make if I read Dr. Slump?

Reading Dr. Slump will help you understand how Goku and Chichi could have a child without ever kissing.

The pregnancy just happened, and Goku and Chichi probably never even slept with each other. :ssh:

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
Th cosmic hierarchy makes no sense because it wasn't thought about in the slightest when it was being made and it's also weird that the gods of destruction are apparently a merit based position

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

tbp posted:

Th cosmic hierarchy makes no sense because it wasn't thought about in the slightest when it was being made and it's also weird that the gods of destruction are apparently a merit based position

With no real way to force them to do their jobs once they get it.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

I just wonder when they're going to pull a fast one on us for the dozenth time that the god we thought was the top god isn't actually the top god. Even with all the hubbub around Zeno, it wouldn't surprise me at this point.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Zeno is the top god forever because

tbp posted:

Zeno....is the audience...

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

CharlestheHammer posted:

This tournament is to dispose of the universes with a poor mortal level, which isn't true of the gods who are more attentive and involved in their universes though. It'd imply that universes that aren't properly curated by their gods are erased.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Josuke Higashikata posted:

This tournament is to dispose of the universes with a poor mortal level, which isn't true of the gods who are more attentive and involved in their universes though. It'd imply that universes that aren't properly curated by their gods are erased.

Yeah and more than likely the laziest God is gonna win.

It's a bad plan that doesn't do poo poo.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

CharlestheHammer posted:

You replace them.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

SirKibbles posted:

You replace them.

Who does the replacing and by what metric.

Beerus is terrible at his job yet he hasn't even been rebuked.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
As a 'God of Destruction,' Beerus gave Whis the OK to revive U7 earth and used the SDB to revive U6 earth. Earth has been the epicenter of disaster, so it's pretty much directly against what GoDs are supposed to do

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

earth is just the honeypot planet to keep it contained

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
Mortal level was insanely poorly thought out because prior to like, that ONE line there was just about no indication that beerus was doing anything remotely out of the ordinary whatsoever

With that in mind the rewinds make more sense

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Stairmaster posted:

It's weird there seems to be no intermediary between supreme Kai and grand priest. Is this supposed to relay poo poo from his dad to shin and beerus

The angels

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

dr.acula posted:

The angels

"Whis" auto corrected to "this" in his second sentence.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

CharlestheHammer posted:

At the end of the universal tournament, when Zeno appeared he was all 'you guys aren't fulfilling your duties and abusing your power, I think I'll give the position to someone more deserving' and Beerus and Champa seemed to take that seriously until Zeno then just said 'Lol, jk'.

Basically it's up to Zeno and he doesn't care most of the time.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

rouge means red in french
What does it matter what the mortal level is, anyway? Why is there some need for universes to have strong mortals in the first place?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

dipwood posted:

What does it matter what the mortal level is, anyway? Why is there some need for universes to have strong mortals in the first place?

When kids have an ant farm they want to see it thrive and make cool stuff for them to look at

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

dipwood posted:

Mortal level is vaguely defined, but it's not a universal power level measure, what with characters joking that Goku is dragging U7's mortal level down the toilet. Pretty sure it measures the level of civilisation and spirituality in a universe, hence why war-ravaged hellholes like U7 and U10 are competing for the lowest spot while on opposite ends of the power level spectrum.

So to continue with the ant farm metaphor they're just tossing out the ant farms where half the ants starved to death because they couldn't figure out how to feed themselves to pay more attention to the ant farms that actually do things or to get new ones.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

tbp posted:

Zeno....is the audience...

how can zeno be the audience if he liked the sniper episode

makes u think

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
What happens if you punch Zeno really hard? Is he all powerful but still vulnerable to attack? Is taht why he has bodyguards?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Manatee Cannon posted:

how can zeno be the audience if he liked the sniper episode

makes u think

A lot of this tournament makes it seem like Zeno has incredibly low standards.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Well he is a child. Just think of that one eight year old in Japan that loves Tien, they probably loved that episode.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I feel like that episode gets worse the more you like tien

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Zeno likely has bodyguards to protect the multiverse from him, not the other way around. Kinda like how they were scared of angering Beerus early on, it is probably in their best interest to not let random poo poo interact with Zeno

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

I assumed he has his bodyguards so he won't be alone all the time.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

a cartoon duck posted:

Mortal level is vaguely defined, but it's not a universal power level measure, what with characters joking that Goku is dragging U7's mortal level down the toilet. Pretty sure it measures the level of civilisation and spirituality in a universe, hence why war-ravaged hellholes like U7 and U10 are competing for the lowest spot while on opposite ends of the power level spectrum.

So to continue with the ant farm metaphor they're just tossing out the ant farms where half the ants starved to death because they couldn't figure out how to feed themselves to pay more attention to the ant farms that actually do things or to get new ones.

9 not 10.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

CharlestheHammer posted:

Yeah and more than likely the laziest God is gonna win.

It's a bad plan that doesn't do poo poo.

The tournament that is allowing the laziest god to win was just a whim thought up on the spur of the moment by Zeno for funsies. The original plan was to simply delete all of these lovely universes that are competing with no survivors.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Kanos posted:

The tournament that is allowing the laziest god to win was just a whim thought up on the spur of the moment by Zeno for funsies. The original plan was to simply delete all of these lovely universes that are competing with no survivors.

Yeah but that wasn't because they were lovely, but because Zeno can't count.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Everything about the tournament is grotesquely arbitrary and unjust and no one should be fighting to please a poo-brained child for their universe's continued right to exist. If any single part of Zeno's plan seems bad it is because everything about all of the plan is monstrously awful.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I know, it's great.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Didn't they already establish that Zeno went and deleted tons of universes before this before whittling it down to 12 and leaving it for a while? Like, as goofy and fun as Dragon Ball Super has been in general the cosmology has gotten darker and more sinister since Z. Like, we started with just Beerus being an arbitrary and petulant destroyer of worlds who would blow up a planet because he stubbed his toe there once, and had no problems with just bullying people under threat of genocide, and he's a protagonist now. Now we just have an arbitrary and fickle child god that likes to delete things when they bore him. The Dragon Ball universe has gotten fuckin grim the higher up in the chain you go.

I like it and look forward to Frieza's attempted coup.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Vegeta killed innocent people onscreen and later gloated about it and he's still a main character. Sure Beerus is doing it on a bigger scale, but he's definitely less personal with it.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

CharlestheHammer posted:

Yeah but that wasn't because they were lovely, but because Zeno can't count.

The universes picked to be annihilated were picked because they didn't measure up in the Mortal Level Rankings which at least seem to something that the Grand Priest(i.e. the babysitter) understands. From what we've seen of U9 and U7(the worst two universes), they are seriously lovely garbage holes.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Bulma attempted to murder a child, first thing in the series.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Momomo posted:

Vegeta killed innocent people onscreen and later gloated about it and he's still a main character. Sure Beerus is doing it on a bigger scale, but he's definitely less personal with it.

if we're talking monster protagonists in dragon ball, nobody even remotely compares to buu. he killed most of the universe

only way to outdo that at this point is if zeno starts hanging out in bulma's house after this arc :v:

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Momomo posted:

Well sure but Vegeta at least kinda had a character arc about becoming a better person. Beerus is still pretty much unchanged, he just happens to like Earth/Goku/Food enough to tolerate its existence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

https://twitter.com/early90spants/status/943206723883376640

The real dragon ball