Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

MonsterEnvy posted:

Though he can cancel their effects. For example he can't make Ojiro's tail vanish, but Ojiro can't move or control his tail while under the effect.

I'm not sure that's how it works?
I thought it just flat-out didn't work.

Like, he can't make Tsuyu not fly jump good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

Heteromorphic quirks are different for example Aizawa can't cancel them.

yea but I feel like it could work different for aizawa than toga

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I disagree and feel you should be punished for talking down to victims of abuse. Merry christmas.

How about the guy who called the abuse victim a liar? That was seriously offensive, far worse than arguing a bad position in good faith.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Vengarr posted:

How about the guy who called the abuse victim a liar? That was seriously offensive, far worse than arguing a bad position in good faith.

this is the dude who called the translation for the okama sword person in one punch man "okay" and that anyone who disagrees is virtue signalling

this is a guy who thinks that trans people are just mentally broken and that if we had a magic pill to get rid of gender dysphoria in people's brains no one would be trans

he doesn't deserve anything

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

Aurora posted:

this is the dude who called the translation for the okama sword person in one punch man "okay" and that anyone who disagrees is virtue signalling

this is a guy who thinks that trans people are just mentally broken and that if we had a magic pill to get rid of gender dysphoria in people's brains no one would be trans

he doesn't deserve anything

Yeah I'm gonna go back to you being unable to really comprehend what is being said.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

"My issue is that every time some questionable thing comes up it is an opportunity for forums posters to let others know how cool they are with the gays for two pages before comics discussion resumes."

"To hammer on the point, I generally think that if there was a pill to cure gender dysphoria this would not even be a discussion. The idea that people would opt for surgery in order to feel comfortable in their bodies would be radical and entirely insane."

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

just gently caress off you giant idiot

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Aurora posted:

"My issue is that every time some questionable thing comes up it is an opportunity for forums posters to let others know how cool they are with the gays for two pages before comics discussion resumes."

"To hammer on the point, I generally think that if there was a pill to cure gender dysphoria this would not even be a discussion. The idea that people would opt for surgery in order to feel comfortable in their bodies would be radical and entirely insane."

Yikes. That's disgusting.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax
You've managed to demonstrate, by quoting me directly, that I did not, "call the translation for the okama sword person in one punch man "okay"."

You've also failed to quote the entire latter post in full, which I recommend you do because you're being severely dishonest about my position.

All of this from going through what I assume is my entire posting history for sick gotchas. That's kinda sad.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i still think it's pretty hosed up to say someone is lying about their abuse

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

it's kinda sad that you don't fuckin know how stupid you are and the awful poo poo you've said

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

these posts are ones that read entirely like a transphobic moron who's trying to hide how they really feel behind stupid theoretical arguments

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

don't sit here and give me this stupid bullshit about how i 'can't read' because buddy you are not in a position to make that argument right now

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

Aurora posted:

it's kinda sad that you don't fuckin know how stupid you are and the awful poo poo you've said

You seriously need lessons in reading comprehension. It's cool to drudge up a bunch of irrelevant poo poo to gently caress up a thread, though.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

yeah i definitely am in need of reading comprehension to parse your virtue signalling and trans denial bud

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

Aurora posted:

yeah i definitely am in need of reading comprehension to parse your virtue signalling and trans denial bud

Quote the rest of my post, I don't wanna look for it.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

the post doesn't matter lol you genuinely believe that gender dysphoria is something that can and should be weeded out to make people 'normal', there is nothing to loving argue here

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Sarcophallus posted:

You seriously need lessons in reading comprehension. It's cool to drudge up a bunch of irrelevant poo poo to gently caress up a thread, though.

You um can't hide behind this excuse for everything.

You at least should be introspective about the fact it seems every one of your posts have been misinterpreted.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818396&userid=177045#post472537794

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818396&userid=177045#post475067380

both of these posts are awful and come off as incredibly like you don't believe one bit of gender dysphoria or know loving anything my dude

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

Aurora posted:

the post doesn't matter lol you genuinely believe that gender dysphoria is something that can and should be weeded out to make people 'normal', there is nothing to loving argue here

That's not remotely my position, and the posts I made in that thread go a long way to explaining that.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
This is a good manga. I like it

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!

Dangerous Person posted:

You avatar always makes me laugh. Mirio is the best.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dangerous Person posted:

Agreed, my good friend Darker Purpoise.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Shere posted:

You avatar always makes me laugh. Mirio is the best.

Thanks. Mirio is a good dude

Hate-Senpai posted:

Agreed, my good friend Darker Purpoise.

I love you too Zep

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

I'm not sure that's how it works?
I thought it just flat-out didn't work.

Like, he can't make Tsuyu not fly jump good.

Chapter 135

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I think Toga could look like Mina, Tsuyu, or Ojiro but but bit have their quirk benefits.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Now all we need is a skit of 'How Eraserhead sees things.'

The second to last panel would be Hagakure.

The last panel would be Eraserhead crying in his sleeping bag.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Sarcophallus posted:

That's not remotely my position, and the posts I made in that thread go a long way to explaining that.

Your stated position is that gender dysphoria is something that most people grow out of with "minor therapy", and other much worse things. Go away and don't come back.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
edit beaten.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Radish posted:

I thought it was more like "I put all this effort in to beat this guy and then he went and lost it all regardless of me." Like he was mad that he gained the top #1 spot because of events that largely didn't involve him.

i mean later he rages out because he gained the #1 spot without surpassing allmight and since allmight retired he knows that basically it'll be impossible to surpass him

but what i mean is http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Boku-no-Hero-Academia/No--093?id=361247#6 it doesn't paint him as a good person but i feel like the fact he was driven to it out of despair makes him more interesting and maybe perhaps more redeemable.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

kidcoelacanth posted:

more mina imo

Finally, some good opinions in this thread.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'd rather have minna than Mina to be honest.

Hentai Tentacle Demon
Apr 12, 2002

Spacy Spicy Love
Mina is the coolest and the fact that the teacher wouldn't let her be called Alien Queen is a travesty that will echo throughout the ages.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Hate-Senpai posted:

Chapter 135

Huh. Ty for the reminder! That wasn't even that long ago. Gg me.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Elfgames posted:

i mean later he rages out because he gained the #1 spot without surpassing allmight and since allmight retired he knows that basically it'll be impossible to surpass him

but what i mean is http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Boku-no-Hero-Academia/No--093?id=361247#6 it doesn't paint him as a good person but i feel like the fact he was driven to it out of despair makes him more interesting and maybe perhaps more redeemable.

See I do find the idea of Endeavor hating All Might for basically being human, because of the self-justification of the human mind "So long as it was for X, it doesn't matter that I did Y" For Endeavor, so long as it was for surpassing the insurmountable All Might, then it didn't matter that he used his wife as a breeder and abused his son. Because in the end it would all be worth it. But if All Might, as he has, retires, having lost his power, then it means everything was for nothing, and he caused all that suffering without purpose. And THAT is an interesting character part for me. Like... from that page, he KNOWS he did something 'wrong' and deplorable and he's not deluded to thinking that somehow he's done something heroic to his wife and son. And of course, that's the typical abuser mindset, "X made me do it, Y made me do it, these aren't things I'd normally do I'm not a bad person it was just because of Z"

The things I personally want to know are: Why the hero name Endeavor? Why did he want to be a Hero, since Money doesn't appear to have much value for him?

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
It sounded cool to the author since the “En” in there is Japanese for flame. Endeavor is also a cool sounding hero name in general imho.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Hentai Tentacle Demon posted:

Mina is the coolest and the fact that the teacher wouldn't let her be called Alien Queen is a travesty that will echo throughout the ages.

eh i thought that was her hero name?

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
No she had to go with Pinky.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Onmi posted:

Why did he want to be a Hero, since Money doesn't appear to have much value for him?

to be the best, like no one ever was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012