Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

ImpAtom posted:

16's harder to explain but also basically had one serious fight so we don't really know what, if any, weaknesses he had.
16 had loving rocket punches, like literally fists that fly out of his arms with rocket propulsion to punch someone. As if that wasn't enough he also had guns in the remainder of his arms to shoot at the person he just rocket punched.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Burkion posted:

Look, whoever wrote Tien in super really loving hates him.

This is to be expected

It's cool the producer of db fighters really likes Tien he's gonna be top tier.

Je suis fatigue
May 5, 2009

Amazing! It's a double J.O.!

Fargin Icehole posted:

Do we need to bring this up everytime it comes up? because this is pretty solid evidence.

This is the art on my arcade stick I’m gonna run Tien all day long on DBFZ because I know the truth.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

GokuGoesSSJ3 posted:

16 had loving rocket punches, like literally fists that fly out of his arms with rocket propulsion to punch someone. As if that wasn't enough he also had guns in the remainder of his arms to shoot at the person he just rocket punched.

I said weaknesses, not totally loving rad strengths.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

Beautiful.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
I was reading konosuba and they referenced Yamcha dying in the comic, it is the first time I have gotten a anime reference, thanks for reading.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

drilldo squirt posted:

I was reading konosuba and they referenced Yamcha dying in the comic, it is the first time I have gotten a anime reference, thanks for reading.
KonoSuba and Dragon Ball are both good, I'm glad you got the reference. Merry Christmas!

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
gohan puts in work but it's all for the kids

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Justin_Brett posted:

Gohan should have turned into Great Saiyaman and fought Katopesla.

If Videl had been part of the tournament they would have gone in costume and go hang out with universe 2.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Blockhouse posted:

You mean kid though right? Unless...

psymonkey
May 22, 2006

This post is full of pretty awesome holes. I like all the holes in this post.

Blockhouse posted:

These other universes forgot what work is.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I hope there's a scene where they all find out about the Time Chamber and get pissed.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

My sister saw this and said “Piccolo!”.

Speaking of, I learned my brothers friend named his little Maltese Piccolo. :downs:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Thank god finally some perspective

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Owns

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zOv7kvYmtg

Happy Frieza Day.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Gah, rushed here only to be beaten!

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
That was so many Christmas puns

the tournament super ad pop up killed me

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Dec 25, 2017

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

that's me

okay special.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

im impressed they found a way to make a full lil special out of that zero-plot 'movie', good job TFS

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

They took one of the single worst pieces of Dragon Ball media, up there with Episode of Bardock, and made it absolutely hilarious. Great job, TFS.

This was a great Freeza Day gift and watch.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Holy poo poo I forgot just how goddamn bad Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans looked.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

That fake DBS overlay add was great.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

A few jokes fell flat, but Freeza and Vegeta in particular were great

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

you think they would have gotten better at animating

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

it's hard to animate and it's even harder to emulate another person's style well and hard to make it blend in when you have a source file which is way lower resolution than ideal for animation

their own stuff does look like poo poo though

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
First half was just okay, but it really picks up when the Z Warriors confront Santa Claus. The sheer volume of Christmas puns accounts for about 50% of that.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Also it's a remake of a video walkthrough of a Famicom game that was itself made into two FMV games, packaged into another game at half the length of the original.

Maybe not much care was put into it.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Stairmaster posted:

you think they would have gotten better at animating

Yeah Toei's been at this for almost 30 years know, you'd think they'd finally figure out how to make still shots of characters not look like rear end.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Funky Valentine posted:

Yeah Toei's been at this for almost 30 years know, you'd think they'd finally figure out how to make still shots of characters not look like rear end.

Let's be real, no one gave a poo poo about PTES so the fact it wasnt stills is more impressive.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Abridged Christmas was gleefully stupid, lots of fun.

Also holy hell that's an ugly OVA, huh

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I feel like I should see Plan to Eradicate the Saiyans first to fully appreciate the jokes about it.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Not really. There was literally nothing of what little plot there is in PTES in the special and there's not a lot to joke about. Tuffle is pissed about Saiyans wrecking Planet Plant, makes some gas that materializes as past villains, then his computer becomes a lame robot.

It's basically Baby with some cameos.

It's only notable for being the first DB game with an original plot and for being the "lost movie" that never came west until they remade it for Raging Blast 2.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Dec 26, 2017

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Took me a moment to spot why Weird Al got a credit.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
The DB Super ad popup owned.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

IN VEGETA'S DEFENSE

almost everyone jobbed out to Final Form Freeza, the Cell Jrs, and Kid Buu

plus he basically won the Goku Black rematch

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Your honor, the prosecution rests.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Blockhouse posted:

plus he basically won the Goku Black rematch

Until Black got his second wind and kicked his rear end again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

MonsterEnvy posted:

Until Black got his second wind and kicked his rear end again.

It wasn't really conclusive since he broke off to fuse with Zamasu

wait now that I think about it what happened to the Goku Black womrhole clones I totally forget