Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just woke up to my first sunrise in Tokyo and now I’m off to the Gundam base!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

If it's worth killing it's worth overkilling.
Oh boy.

Price range/date are rumored to be:
"Rumoured to be released in March 2018
Prices quoted at Thai Baht 6400, which is US$195.20."

Official MG Deep Striker here we go.

asterioth fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Dec 27, 2017

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
I really hope that is true. I love that monstrosity.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

Taintrunner posted:

Walk around it first before actually deciding what you want to buy. There's a secondary counter with all the gundam base special themed kits as well.

Also don't do what I did and decide not to get some things then decide to go back the next day and they were all sold out.

unpurposed
Apr 22, 2008
:dukedog:

Fun Shoe

Taintrunner posted:

If you're interested in making some money, pm me or respond because there's something I'd be willing to pay you for from there.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
It's actually an MG Neo Zeong, and they're showing off its articulation by posing it in the fetal position.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Neurolimal posted:

It's actually an MG Neo Zeong, and they're showing off its articulation by posing it in the fetal position.

That's not impossible, it can exist without the "legs", after all.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

They're just for show anyway.

That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010
Anyone know if the Bearguy comes with all the parts to make the Acguy? Specifically all the head parts.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

That Gobbo posted:

Anyone know if the Bearguy comes with all the parts to make the Acguy? Specifically all the head parts.

They have some of the head parts, but not all of them.

floatman
Mar 17, 2009

Puddin posted:

Walk around it first before actually deciding what you want to buy. There's a secondary counter with all the gundam base special themed kits as well.

Also don't do what I did and decide not to get some things then decide to go back the next day and they were all sold out.

What this guy said, and remember, Gundam base is not tax free.
You should only buy kits from Gundam base which you can't get anywhere else. If you're getting a decent amount of normal kits, it may be more fiscally prudent to purchase them somewhere else like yodabashi and save some money.

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Kinda is though, they're already said it's from Sentinel and not Unicorn.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
FAZZ fatboi

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

asterioth posted:

Kinda is though, they're already said it's from Sentinel and not Unicorn.

Clearly it's the protagonist of the upcoming sequel to Gundam Sentinel, the Neo Excess.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Can confirm 1/1 scale Unicorn kit comes with stickers only. w2c SamuelDecal waterside

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Taintrunner posted:

1/1 scale Unicorn kit

:stonklol:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

It's right outside Gundam Base, you haven't seen it? It's loving P-Bandai of course :rolleyes:.

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

Seems like one of the promo shots for the new MG leaked and yep, its the Deep Striker

That's assuming it's real, could be a fake but the only DS third party kit I know of is the mechinacore kit.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

It's possible it's a fake shot but I doubt it. Usually third parties or conversion kits do more with the beam smart gun, the detail on the chest above the vents is new, and the shoulders are bog-standard Ex-S with no added details.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Gundam Base is doing behind closed door previews of a 1/20 scale Unicorn

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Taintrunner posted:

At that scale, isn't it pretty much something you could hollow out and wear?

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

Taintrunner posted:

There were images of it back in September but I thought it was confirmed to just be a trade show display piece or something.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Where do I buy this one instead?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Gundam Base is so fuckin’ rad. I couldn’t believe that place, it’s just a fuckin shrine to gunpla in all ways possible.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
Lord bless and keep those who walk the Deep Striker path, and remember us Zeta Plus C1 lovers who just want the dang beam smartgun goodness.

Meanwhile, if I might offer unsolicited advice: if you want to use Vallejo's chipping medium and you intend to paint the final coats in white, DON'T. Just do hand brush chipping/streaking instead. The darker chip color makes it so hard to get an even white coat at the end and then use the chipping medium to effect. Too many coats of paint.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 371 days!
molotow acrylic chrome markers - anyone try them or can recommend something similar? It's kind of shocking how few options there are with chrome markers, even fewer that aren't oil-based

That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010
Molotow Liquid Chrome is awesome and super easy to use. You can even spray it straight through an airbrush. You need to let it sit for a day or two before handling because it's super touchy and will lose the mirror sheen. Definitely recommend.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

tenderjerk posted:

molotow acrylic chrome markers - anyone try them or can recommend something similar? It's kind of shocking how few options there are with chrome markers, even fewer that aren't oil-based

Have tried, they rule. Probably the easiest way to get a smooth chrome finish and looks best of anything short of Alclad.

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

Lost the clear mono eye piece on my hg zaku I sniper. I was just going to use the foil sticker over it anyway, is this a situation I can just use putty for?

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 371 days!

numerrik posted:

Lost the clear mono eye piece on my hg zaku I sniper. I was just going to use the foil sticker over it anyway, is this a situation I can just use putty for?

sure, gundam is freedom, etc., and it'll work, but it'd look great with a metallic/electric pink (I use testor's electric pink for monoeyes) or a lightened metallic red

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

Another supposed leaked pic of the Deep Striker:

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Anyone know where I can order the First Grade RX-78-2 Gundam kit? AmiAmi and HLJ are back-ordered, ebay has one or two but I'm not liking the sellers neg feedback, and most other sites cant be bothered to sell such a cheap kit I guess?

Edit: found it, shipping was like 2 times the cost of the kit.

Blackchamber fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Dec 29, 2017

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

I can't stop playing with the lights on this thing.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vUVvtizLO8

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

:psyboom: how the gently caress. This is amazing to me.

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer

tenderjerk posted:

If you opt to airbrush with the refills or dumping out marker contents, I've found that one medium coat does the trick. It doesn't look sheeny immediately but after 15 seconds, it's like a goddamn mirror.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
Do they have like, a gold chrome out there? For the Hyaku Shiki. Google tells me something like Tamiya gold, buffed and gloss topcoat is the way to go. Will that give it a mirror sheen?

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

I have used 41 of 300 characters allowed.

Marx Headroom posted:

Do they have like, a gold chrome out there? For the Hyaku Shiki. Google tells me something like Tamiya gold, buffed and gloss topcoat is the way to go. Will that give it a mirror sheen?

I used alclad II pale gold on top of a coat of gloss black and the results are pretty good. I unfortunately don’t have any pictures because I ended up scrapping the kit after I lost some pieces during a move.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Buy some gold leaf lacquer mothefucker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Alclad is pretty great for metallic finishes (and they have like 50 colors), Mr. Metal Color has a gold color; it's a buffing metallizer, so after it dries you use a soft cloth to rub loose metal flakes in, and it gets shinier the more you do it. Only drawback is that you need a special top coat if you want to protect it (Testors sells a metallizer sealer for like $5).

While we're on the subject of lacquer, Gaianotes Bright Brass is superb for a metallic (but not mirror) shiki, albeit harder to get ahold of.