Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

If it's worth killing it's worth overkilling.

Puddin posted:

Yeah it's fine when stowed, but it can't hold that sword up. It's massive.

I have the same problem with the manipulators too. Two fingers are just a little weak and pop out easily.

Yeah, it's just in the blade rifle mode too, putting the gn sword into the proper sword form and it's able to hold it just fine. The blade is just way to heavy, that being said it's not that bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

asterioth posted:

Yeah, it's just in the blade rifle mode too, putting the gn sword into the proper sword form and it's able to hold it just fine. The blade is just way to heavy, that being said it's not that bad.

Might want to consider getting some floor polish and tightening up the joints on the right arm then.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
does it not have the locking joints from the 00 raiser or do those not show up in the shoulders?

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
No locking joints that I can remember, but they probably got removed for the LED housings.

Plus the blade is literally a foot long.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
This does not feel like a necessary release

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Guy Goodbody posted:

This does not feel like a necessary release

I have no idea what the difference is between that and the regular version. It also seems to be a limited edition rather than a general release.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Apparently Bandai wants to wring money from the stone that is the people who love the Unicorn Gundam.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I have no idea what the difference is between that and the regular version. It also seems to be a limited edition rather than a general release.

It has a new hatshield.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Shield is the Banshee Norn's and decals are different. Possibly the head gatlings are deleted, can't tell from that angle.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/240eukrante/status/912614328477483010
https://twitter.com/240eukrante/status/949069883857240065

next season of build fighters looking good

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
At this point Unicorn gundam is well poised to overtake Exia as the most overly milked model. Is it? I have no clue, I'm just pulling comments out of my butt. But I think bandai made crazy money when the original ovas were out so as long as it sells well and I get cool kits like the Efreet Schneid and the Juaggu.

That Gobbo
Mar 27, 2010
I feel like there's way way more Unicorns out there than Exia. The Unicorn OVAs are the best Gundam show I've seen so far so I'm okay I guess, I'd rather have more Banshees.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Clearly they need to make an RG Exia with lights next, if only so I don't have to keep staring forlornly at the obscenely expensive PG version :colbert:.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I'm not opposed to a general release MG Unicorn with an Armed Armor DE, but I'd rather they offer just AADEs for the PG Unicorn so I can buy three and kit mine out.

Even if it's just a P-Bandai option pack or something.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Been trying my first major weathering project on the efreet. Did some oil washes on the joints and vents, along with some paint chipping. Also added some brown oil paint at the feet to simulate mud, but it's a little hard to see due to the black feet. I should add pastels when I flat coat it. Next I'll be doing some filter/fading s.... As soon as I find the goddamn white part for the bottom of the right leg. Curse my disorganisation.

All in all I hope the kit turns out okay.It's a real challenge trying to realistically weather a gigantic humanoid robot!

Monaghan fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Jan 5, 2018

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Ka0 posted:

At this point Unicorn gundam is well poised to overtake Exia as the most overly milked model.

MS-06 Zaku II and derivatives.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Ka0 posted:

At this point Unicorn gundam is well poised to overtake Exia as the most overly milked model. Is it? I have no clue, I'm just pulling comments out of my butt.

Zaku II has to be the most rereleased with variations.

Edit:^^^^^^^:cheers:

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

I have used 41 of 300 characters allowed.
Seriously. Zaku I is catching up with all the minor iterations they’re releasing from Origin

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I'm moving in three days and just boxed up my plamo backlog today, and it takes up three whole large boxes. :negative:

At least now I'll have an excuse for never working on it.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Ka0 posted:

At this point Unicorn gundam is well poised to overtake Exia as the most overly milked model. Is it? I have no clue, I'm just pulling comments out of my butt. But I think bandai made crazy money when the original ovas were out so as long as it sells well and I get cool kits like the Efreet Schneid and the Juaggu.

It made crazy money right when AGE was crashing and burning, too. A show that prevented disaster in addition to making a nice chunk of change for itself is generally pretty well remembered.

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

Heres some pics from the finished PG Exia, still need to line and maybe decal it:

Here's one of the best gimmicks for this kit besides the LED's

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

The PG comes very close but I have yet to see an Exia model that doesn't look "fat" from certain angles. The anime made it look sleek beyond belief (due to things that are likely impossible to replicate in kit form) but every model has something that looks off.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Zedd posted:

The PG comes very close but I have yet to see an Exia model that doesn't look "fat" from certain angles. The anime made it look sleek beyond belief (due to things that are likely impossible to replicate in kit form) but every model has something that looks off.

Have you looked into the Dragon Momoko MG? It's a slight redesign of the Metal Build and a fair bit slimmer for it.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Have you looked into the Dragon Momoko MG? It's a slight redesign of the Metal Build and a fair bit slimmer for it.
Please do not remind me of that model, I had it preordered, paid for and then refunded because SamuelDecal couldn't get his hands on more of them for obvious reasons.

:smith:

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Need Thunderbolt version Acguy kthnx

parabolic
Jul 21, 2005

good night, speedfriend

They can put out Thunderbolt Gogg and Guncannon Aqua at the same time, everyone wins.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
9 months and ~100 hours later MG Sazabi is done

Went with the gloss topcoat on the red and blacks, semi-gloss on the flat gray, and left the yellows and psycho frame stuff alone. In hindsight I kinda wish I went with matte on the gray but oh well it still looks good.

I bought the action base so I could put it in cool poses but the thing is so beefy I don't trust the base to stably hold it off its feet. Only complaint with the kit is the pauldrons can come a bit loose when moving the shoulders. Otherwise it was a great build.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

That looks like it was done by a professional, drat!

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Kuvo posted:

Went with the gloss topcoat on the red and blacks, semi-gloss on the flat gray, and left the yellows and psycho frame stuff alone. In hindsight I kinda wish I went with matte on the gray but oh well it still looks good.

I bought the action base so I could put it in cool poses but the thing is so beefy I don't trust the base to stably hold it off its feet. Only complaint with the kit is the pauldrons can come a bit loose when moving the shoulders. Otherwise it was a great build.

That looks really nice. Well done!

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Kuvo posted:

:drat:

Sam Sanskrit
Mar 18, 2007

I have one of these on the way. I am going to use your model as inspiration. It's great.

Time to start testing top coats on HGs finally.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Sam Sanskrit posted:

I have one of these on the way. I am going to use your model as inspiration. It's great.

Time to start testing top coats on HGs finally.

I've been using the Mr. Hobby brand Mr. Super Clear gloss, semi-gloss and matte sprays and they work well. It's worth noting that while the effects of the gloss and matte are easily noticeable, the semi-gloss looks a lot like the base plastic for most colors, which is not necessarily a bad thing if that's what you're going for.

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

A while ago someone posted about the Gundam Mk II and how you should get either the AEUG or the Titan version because it came with more kit/options, but I can't find that post now. I'm not sure if that applied to the HG models or the pre-Revive ones or what - any help?

e: to be fair, I have just caught up on whole thread so "a while ago" may be basically any time since the thread was created

Big Bad Beetleborg fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Jan 8, 2018

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

Big Bad Beetleborg posted:

A while ago someone posted about the Gundam Mk II and how you should get either the AEUG or the Titan version because it came with more kit/options, but I can't find that post now. I'm not sure if that applied to the HG models or the pre-Revive ones or what - any help?

e: to be fair, I have just caught up on whole thread so "a while ago" may be basically any time since the thread was created

It's the MG IIRC, the AEUG version comes with a hanger style stand, it's not very useful but looks nice if you want it to like it's in maintenance.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

The RG was also mentioned. There, the Titans version has additional parts to build it into the test unit design.

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

Thanks both - I'm still bashing around with HGs so seems like it doesn't matter at all.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Thanks both - I'm still bashing around with HGs so seems like it doesn't matter at all.

Well, if you decide to try out RGs, the MK II is a good starting place. Solid kit, not too nasty a build, ignoring the cables, and it looks pretty good once you got it together even without the markings.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
I didn't have too much trouble with the cables. The instructions have a mm ruler in the margins. The cables fit snugly and really make the model pop. Unfortunately they're most visible from behind!

But yeah it is a fun kit. I was a little surprised at how much of the internal frame was already assembled but man are those mechanics impressive.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Marx Headroom posted:

I didn't have too much trouble with the cables. The instructions have a mm ruler in the margins. The cables fit snugly and really make the model pop. Unfortunately they're most visible from behind!

But yeah it is a fun kit. I was a little surprised at how much of the internal frame was already assembled but man are those mechanics impressive.

Yeah, that's standard throughout the RG line; they use some fancy injection molding tricks to mold the majority of the frame together, which lets them save on sprue and ensure the tinier connections are already in place without breaking. Only real drawback is that you have to basically warm up every joint by gently wiggling it back an forth, but anyone that's bought a higher-end toy should be familiar with doing that.

RG Char's Z'gok is a pretty great RG beginner kit as well, and you can never have enough aquatic mobile suits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

motoh
Oct 16, 2012

The clack of a light autocannon going off is just how you know everything's alright.
https://twitter.com/vegeta8259/status/950367904746344448

I'm more impressed than anything else.