Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Yeah Vegeta is doing pretty well

especially when you compare it to how his fights usually go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Bodyholes posted:

I'm just wondering if the show will do anything unexpected with the end of the tournament.

It seems like we're being led to believe Universe 7 will win the tournament, and Goku or Vegeta will wish the other universes back. But a lot of other things than that could happen, like Universe 11 winning and wishing U7 back... or Universe 11 winning and using the wish greedily to become gods or w/e, but Bulma whisks the main characters away in the time machine before they get erased, or Universe 7 wins but Frieza gets the wish through trickery. The Dragonball series is not one to throw those kinds of curveballs though.
I think "U11 wins" and "Frieza somehow cozens the wish" are both legitimate possibilities even if they are not exactly likely. I think at this point some kind of new interference is unlikely.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Anytime anyone loses to or looks inferior to their opponent in anyway whatsoever counts as jobbing. Frieza’s jobbing, Gohan and 17 are jobbing and Goku was jobbing when Jiren punched him in the face. Even Jiren was jobbing when Vegeta punched him in the gut. That’s just how it works.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Anytime anyone loses to or looks inferior to their opponent in anyway whatsoever counts as jobbing. Frieza’s jobbing, Gohan and 17 are jobbing and Goku was jobbing when Jiren punched him in the face. Even Jiren was jobbing when Vegeta punched him in the gut. That’s just how it works.
Uh excuse me that's called selling, jobbing is when you lay down to push the storyline and put butts in seats.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
Goku is gonna be so disgusted when Jiren lays down and lets him get the three count.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide

sexpig by night posted:

yea in what world is 'fought at the very least as good as goku against objectively the strongest guy on the field by far and had easily one of the best fights in the arc' jobbing?

In wrestling terms it's known as "jobbing to the stars"

They get wins, but never the big ones

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

sexpig by night posted:

yea in what world is 'fought at the very least as good as goku against objectively the strongest guy on the field by far and had easily one of the best fights in the arc' jobbing?

The precedent that Vegeta always gets beat up by the big bad making this particular case worse than it actually is.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

tbf goku usually loses at least once to the big bad as well

Bodyholes
Jun 30, 2005

Andrast posted:

Yeah Vegeta is doing pretty well

especially when you compare it to how his fights usually go

Usually Vegeta doesn't even get to land hits. (Thinking back to his fights against Frieza, Cell, Buu, Hit, where he was just a ragdoll).

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Bodyholes posted:

Usually Vegeta doesn't even get to land hits. (Thinking back to his fights against Frieza, Cell, Buu, Hit, where he was just a ragdoll).

He got at least one pretty good hit on Cell and Buu. It didn't amount to anything either time, but still.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Crabtree posted:

That could be Jiren's moral conscious getting the better of him. He isn't able to just let other universes defend themselves and for him to just try and meditate in the back ground. He has to actively fight people now and it could be just pissing him off. That's probably why he's trying to demoralize people into defeating themselves and not throwing Vegeta out when he could. Jiren's kindness is getting the way.

He fought 'worse' to get Vegeta's measure. Vegeta noticed this, and it pissed him off. And he saw Vegeta's nature through their fight and of course Jiren would hate Vegeta.

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Jan 8, 2018

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Here's my twist ending: Goku, Vegeta, and Jiren are the last ones on the stage, they're about to have the final showdown when Jiren senses a crime happening in U11 and immediately flies off to stop it

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

CharlestonJew posted:

Here's my twist ending: Goku, Vegeta, and Jiren are the last ones on the stage, they're about to have the final showdown when Jiren senses a crime happening in U11 and immediately flies off to stop it

Jiren and Goku BOTH fly off leaving Vegeta to win by default, pissing him off forever.

Burkion posted:

I'd love to see the Saiyaman outfit spontaneously change details due to a transformation though, myself.

Gohan gonna turn white and get like, a rocket on his boot or something and beat Jiren with the Ultimate Justice Drill Kick of somefin.

Flytrap fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Jan 8, 2018

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Flytrap posted:

Jiren and Goku BOTH fly off leaving Vegeta to win by default, pissing him off forever.
Extremely my poo poo.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I can't wait to see Vegeta go Super Saiyan Blue Da Ba Dee Da Ba Dai and beat Jiren

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Looking back on it I can’t beleive Zamasu jobbed to Zeno what a scrub

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Blue Star posted:

Feel bad for the Dyspo fans when Freeza inevitably figures out how to counter his speed and knocks him off without much fanfare. People forget that Hit was getting smacked around by Dyspo for a while. Dyspo's a one-trick bunny bitch who copied his look from Beerus and is therefore lame. There's no way things aren't going to come down to Freeza + Goku vs Jiren. But i'd be real excited if it came down to Freeza + Vegeta vs Jiren, if Vegeta is indeed getting a new power-up. I'd love to see Freeza do something to buy Vegeta time or give him an extra bit of oomph in order to win. That'd be rad for their characters and how Vegeta reacts to having Freeza back up him like that.

Frieza hasn't even gone golden in this fight against Dyspo.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

pik_d posted:

Frieza hasn't even gone golden in this fight against Dyspo.
To be fair to everyone's husbando, Frieza may be holding it back on the twin theory of "this might be able to surprise people at a key moment," and "if I power up to my absolute I still can't necessarily beat Jiren, and he could very well ring me out while I'm doing my Sailor Moon transformation."

Can Frieza win a battle where he can't go "gently caress you, I destroy the planet"?

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Nessus posted:

Can Frieza win a battle where he can't go "gently caress you, I destroy the planet"?

Has he won one where he could destroy the planet?

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

Herms posted some spoilers on the twitters

Apparently Frieza is gonna try and bargain with u11, saying he'll cooperate with them if they revive him. I can't really see u11 falling for that, since they have Jiren.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Exactly. Finally someone else gets it.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
It'll be a Super Saiyan Blue-per by the time Jiren is done with him.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Slightly Absurd posted:

Herms posted some spoilers on the twitters

Apparently Frieza is gonna try and bargain with u11, saying he'll cooperate with them if they revive him. I can't really see u11 falling for that, since they have Jiren.

Belmod is absolutely enough of a shithead to go with this

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Nessus posted:

To be fair to everyone's husbando, Frieza may be holding it back on the twin theory of "this might be able to surprise people at a key moment," and "if I power up to my absolute I still can't necessarily beat Jiren, and he could very well ring me out while I'm doing my Sailor Moon transformation."

I mean that might be an actual good strategy at this point.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

freeza went golden against u3 while u11 watched the fight so I doubt it's gonna catch anyone off guard at this point

could be wrong but I think that roger rabbit just caught him off guard

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Yeah, I don't necessarily think Freeza's faking having trouble with Dyspo, but I don't think Dyspo is going to manage more than embarrassing Freeza a bit. I'll be mildly shocked if Freeza isn't one of the very last fighters left standing.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Flytrap posted:

Ain't nothing Bluer than Vegeta's SSB3 Blue Balls.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Spiritus Nox posted:

Yeah, I don't necessarily think Freeza's faking having trouble with Dyspo, but I don't think Dyspo is going to manage more than embarrassing Freeza a bit. I'll be mildly shocked if Freeza isn't one of the very last fighters left standing.

for sure. at the very least, there's no way he's losing to bugs bunny

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Spiritus Nox posted:

He isn't faking it that would be dumb.

The whole point of that sequence is to show that 7 is the underdog.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
It's less glaring than "oh man, this character's really giving base Goku/Vegeta trouble!" but it's silly if Frieza is meant to be an underdog in any way.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Why? He is probably the weakest fighter in the one on one fights.

Plus the announcer straight up says so this isn't hard,

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

U7 is the harsh lesson that low Mortal Level does not necessarily mean low Power Level, with Jiren and Goku and his pack just eating everyone alive, because it's been their entire lives from birth, and they only got by because they were privy to the awesome secret of the Dragon Balls and unique things like King Kai's techniques and training, creating a ladder terrestrial and celestial that's hauled the monkey's rear end up to God's door to throw the gently caress down and make everyone poo poo their pants

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

freeza's probably stronger than gohan and 17 but the velveteen rabbit gave hit a run for his money and idk that freeza's at that level

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I'll wait until things blow over with Goku and Vegeta before giving a poo poo about Freiza, who I'm still 99% convinced is going to be there last or next to last

Tarodia
Jan 13, 2008

Winners don't do drugs
I hope Frieza gets absolutely chumped before the end of the tournament

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Black August posted:

I'll wait until things blow over with Goku and Vegeta before giving a poo poo about Freiza, who I'm still 99% convinced is going to be there last or next to last

Well yeah you don't bring him back to do nothing but he isn't going to job one of the top five fighters left.

That would be fan service as hell.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

CharlestheHammer posted:

Well yeah you don't bring him back to do nothing but he isn't going to job one of the top five fighters left.

That would be fan service as hell.
He hasn't "done nothing." Simply by participating he has gotten Goku to agree to wish him back to life, which is tremendously stupid but be that as it may, it is probably going to happen. He has bailed Goku out, at least once.

Like I think the next arc is gonna be Freeza as the main antagonist, the question is if he's some kind of dumbshit meta-god Platinum Games omega-fusion or if it's a Ball Chase.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Nessus posted:

He hasn't "done nothing." Simply by participating he has gotten Goku to agree to wish him back to life, which is tremendously stupid but be that as it may, it is probably going to happen. He has bailed Goku out, at least once.

Like I think the next arc is gonna be Freeza as the main antagonist, the question is if he's some kind of dumbshit meta-god Platinum Games omega-fusion or if it's a Ball Chase.

That's nothing.

Everyone has had their focus episode and Frieza hasn't got his so I expect we will see him do something soon.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Freeza is absolutely stronger than 17 and Gohan and Dyspo and Toppo. Come on now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Alan_Shore posted:

Freeza is absolutely stronger than 17 and Gohan and Dyspo and Toppo. Come on now.

Stronger than Gohan and 17 yeah.

Dyspo and Toopo lol no.