Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

seiferguy posted:

The second part about birth certificates I made up, though I wouldn't be surprised if Toriyama made a half assed answer like that when pressed on it.

No, I get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

SirKibbles posted:

I just realized that if they put all the deleted universes into u7 either there's going to be 2 earths or earth or going to be really weird when they get back.

One earth at 12 o clock around the sun, the other earth at 6 o clock, just like Earth and Planet Tuffle in G-... ... :ohdear:

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Monaghan posted:

Although with Buu it seems like regeneration doesn't wear him down at all.

It really didn't, that fucker would reform back at full strength most of the time. Buu just kinda had everything going for him as a fighter sans the sanity

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Buu should have absorbed Roshi before the tournament and entered as one fighter.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

If they let Buu absorb and eject people at will, like as his gimmick, that would honestly be a lot cooler than anything they've done with him as a good guy

Too bad he's only had one fight

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

I would pay a fuckton of money for Ripped Mr.Buu DLC

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

khwarezm posted:

Frieza has been super clear about staying out of the way and letting everyone else do the work instead, even if it means giving Goku a cup of energy so he can still go up against Jiren.

Also don't forget this fits Frieza's character arc pretty well as both battles with Goku he lost because he went all out way too quickly

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
If Toppo really does go all GoD, I hope the one to actually put him down after a good few fights is Jiren himself because of a NO KILLING reaction punch when Toppo tries to build up a really big Destruction blast. I also hope right now, Jiren isn't physically tired so much as emotionally stressed because he can't take all of those universes erasure nor the ToP itself much more. He only talks Trash and intimidates with his power because he doesn't want to actually do the deed nor any of this stupid poo poo for a spoiled brat and his future self that doesn't even care about the lives they undo. Give me that Jiren moral freak out.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

^now I want an Anime World of Cardboard speech

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Carlosologist posted:

^now I want an Anime World of Cardboard speech

Goku as Darkseid makes an impressive amount of sense.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Picked up Xenoverse 2 today...man, I forgot how much City cruft you have to slog through to get to the fun stuff of the game...but it sure it fun to kick Tien in the skull up into a giant energy blast from Cabba, etc.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

seiferguy posted:

Vegeta + Kakarotto

Potara earrings check your birth certificate, apparently

What's really weird is that they kept the name "Vegetto" for the English dub as well. It makes sense in the original, but not in English. :thunk:

Monaghan posted:

Although with Buu it seems like regeneration doesn't wear him down at all.

Vegeta (or Goku) stated that Fat Buu was in fact, losing energy while he was fighting Kid Buu.

Monaghan posted:

You know, I imagine that it can be tiring to to be in this series, what with goku not being the deepest character and all that shouting must be hard on their voices, but it really does seem like they're having fun with it. What with having stuff like Drummond show up as copy Vegeta and now the impending showdown Sean and Chris will have over fighter z.

Whoa whoa whoa. So that actually WAS Drummond? Haha, holy poo poo that's kinda cool. But also surprising since I thought there was bad blood between the Ocean dudes and Funi dudes.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

This might be Anime-only, but I definitely remember Super Buu beginning to have trouble fully regenerating himself after Vegetto had been pummeling him for a while, so it's probably possible (though ridiculously difficult) to wear Buu down enough that he can't regenerate - at least temporarily.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Speaking of Xenoverse 2, I am playing it on the Switch so I have the Legacy DLC that lets you play the Xenoverse 1 chapters which I already beat Xenoverse 2 already, but can't finish the story for Xenoverse 1 because of the horrible near final mission where you fight Dark Frieza, Cell, and Buu with 'help' from Goku who only helps you lose your status effects when he appears and then just get chumped on. Then it throws Dark Vegeta, Gotenks, and Gohan which is the worst absolute fight in the game. I beat Xenoverse 1 on the PS4 and don't remember this fight being this hard. Is it because the change in Super Saiyan in 2 or it just their AI is super cheesey now?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Mr Interweb posted:

What's really weird is that they kept the name "Vegetto" for the English dub as well. It makes sense in the original, but not in English. :thunk:

the alternative is what the manga translation did, which is Vegerot, a terrible name

vegetto/vegito just sounds better even if it makes less sense in the translation. its a cool name. luckily gogeta didnt have this problem i guess

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Crabtree posted:

If Toppo really does go all GoD, I hope the one to actually put him down after a good few fights is Jiren himself because of a NO KILLING reaction punch when Toppo tries to build up a really big Destruction blast. I also hope right now, Jiren isn't physically tired so much as emotionally stressed because he can't take all of those universes erasure nor the ToP itself much more. He only talks Trash and intimidates with his power because he doesn't want to actually do the deed nor any of this stupid poo poo for a spoiled brat and his future self that doesn't even care about the lives they undo. Give me that Jiren moral freak out.
It's a shame his character will never be as interesting as this.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Crabtree posted:

I like to think of the Namek saga as Freeza's lovely Week, the ToP can be Jiren's Bad Day.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Which version of Buu was the strongest Buu? Wanna say Gohan Buu but they go out of their way to say Kid Buu was top dog in the show a lot.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Parrotine posted:

Which version of Buu was the strongest Buu? Wanna say Gohan Buu but they go out of their way to say Kid Buu was top dog in the show a lot.
Gohan Buu was the strongest, but Kid Buu was the most dangerous because he didn't give a poo poo about fighting strong people. First thing he did was blow up Earth because he wanted to. Then he went around and blew up a bunch of other planets.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Parrotine posted:

Gohan Buu for sure, but Kid Buu's more dangerous bc he's basically a force of nature at that point

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I think they specifically say that kid buu was weaker than super buu with gohan buu being the strongest incarnation

keep in mind that goku was able to fight fairly on par with kid buu but needed to fuse to stand up to super buu even before he got to gohan

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Jan 10, 2018

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

it's not Vegoku because it sounds bad, same reason no one likes Vegerot

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

you gotta admit that 'Vegeta + Goku = Rotten Vegetable' is pretty slick though

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Gogeta sounds good.
That's why they used it

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

Gogeta is the best fusion name for them just use that jeese.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Kakoretta.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

the 'fusion' which is in fact just Vegeta going Super Saiyan Goku, the best form,

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

graham cracker posted:

Gogeta is the best fusion name for them just use that jeese.

Gogeta is a cleaner name but Vegito has the better design, so I'll always be in his camp.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
I like how the ToP arc has made a thing about people seeking power in their own ways. Gohan saying he's going to become in his own way. Vegeta saying that Goku can have his Ultra Instict. He will find something on his own.
I hope everyone gets their own different power up (form?)

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Yeah it's nice to see the Saiyans mixing it up. Vegeta not caring about the power of the GoDs because he is going to use the power of the Saiyans instead is just neat.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Momomo posted:

Gogeta is a cleaner name but Vegito has the better design, so I'll always be in his camp.

And it may have never happened if Toei didn't try to snipe the Goku/Vegeta fusion reveal like they tried with Super Saiyan.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Personally, I didn't mind Vegetto because I was the cool kid who watched subs online back in the day ( :c00l:), but I can't help but think plenty of other kids were probably scratching their heads wondering how that name worked.

Momomo posted:

Vegetto has the cooler design? Blue and orange gi + white boots? :X

Mr Interweb fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Jan 10, 2018

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I thought Gogeta and Vegetto had different names because their method of fusing is different.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

IcePhoenix posted:

I thought Gogeta and Vegetto had different names because their method of fusing is different.

Correct

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

It's so they can sell more action figures

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcPxQwW9f8w

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I'm diggin' Hit and his jazz.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Josuke Higashikata posted:

it's not Vegoku because it sounds bad, same reason no one likes Vegerot

Veku doesn't sound bad but is a different guy altogether.

EDIT:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09eSlA95wII

SSJ4 Bardock :allears:

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Jan 10, 2018

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

It's kind of beautiful how hideous GT designs are when lined up next to Super designs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

IcePhoenix posted:

Yeah but the Potara were just earrings until Fusion Reborn came out. Then Toriyama did his thing to not ripoff the show.