Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Defiant Sally posted:

imagine being so swole that you give people body image issues by merely existing.

I think I have the opposite of that.

Also holy poo poo lol. I saw the full story elsewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Defiant Sally posted:

My ex girlfriend that took me to court for walking past her at the gym has now made a facebook post about how I gave her body image issues by verbally abusing her and shaming her 'squishy bits' for 2 years. Obviously none of this actually happened, because she's a total loon, but still. Good poo poo.

imagine being so swole that you give people body image issues by merely existing.

Can you make someone else's dick look small by having big enough thighs

asking for a friend

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
If you crushed it between said thighs like a watermelon.

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

Grump posted:

Holy poo poo that’s a rad story

It would have been more rad if it hadn't also been the most stressful thing I've ever endured and didn't cost me money.

Dum Cumpster posted:

I think I have the opposite of that.

Also holy poo poo lol. I saw the full story elsewhere.

Dude it's actually so bad lol. That didn't even scratch the surface of the whole story. This has been going on since March. MARCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Where can drama starved goons read this juicy story?

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Kind of assumed there was way more to it if it got to the courts. Makes me glad I'm old and boring.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

sassassin posted:

Instead of using a calculator like a nerd do some heavy singles ffs it's fun.

I do! But I try to stay in the spirit of my 5/3/1, so I don't do stuff like that until my 3s/1s week. Thinking about doing some heavy singles up to ~205 or 210 on my 3s week, then trying to crush 225 on the 1 week.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost
Yuppie gym trip report-

Negatives: Squat racks on fifth floor, benches / dumbbells on fourth floor, cardio on third floor, changing rooms on second floor. Someone was using a loud-rear end circuit station change alarm (I dunno, just a really piercing beep noise) in the squat rack room. Fewer water fountains than I hoped there'd be.

Positives: Giant bowl of chalk powder next to squat racks, plates fit bars extremely tight, every squat rack has its own full set of plates, change room has a sauna and a scale, cardio machines have a solitaire app. Recovering from latest deload rather nicely.

Also I'm hardly noticing the stairs, which is crazy because I used to avoid stairs like the plague. Which is probably how I got so fuckin' fat.

E: Just did a quick check and my resting heart rate has dropped from 89 bpm (measured a couple years back when I was still heavy) to 61 bpm, holy fuckin' poo poo.

Somfin fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Jan 10, 2018

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Take a big water bottle with you. Preferably a big milk jug or something equally obnoxious.

sassassin fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Jan 10, 2018

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

Stairs are your friend

except going down stairs which ANNIHILATES YOUR KNEES

BEWARE, TRAVELERS

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug
Sounds like a good place, I'm a bit jealous.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

sassassin posted:

Take a big water bottle with you. Preferably a big milk jug or something equally obnoxious.

Milk's like 9/10s water so just drink that instead too

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

Always bring a cum jar

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Tried snatch grip deadlifts for the first time in a while and smashed my right nut. Switched to deficit deadlifts.

Khorne
May 1, 2002
I've bulked a bit too fast. Like twice as fast as I wanted to, because I wasn't tracking calories. Not sure if I should set a weight limit then switch to maintenance or a cut early, or if I should ride the dreamer bulk through to the end of february. A pair of jeans was already a casualty. I think my plan now is to stop eating garbage entirely and try to eat a bit more than I did while losing weight.

I have made more gains in the past month and a half than in my past 4 months. Eating food is good for moving weight.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Jan 10, 2018

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Clean bulking is retarded.

Eat the garbage.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ
Is there any evidence at all that "clean bulking" makes any difference over eating McDonald's
It seems like an extremely bro science concept

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

"Hey, don't put capture a guy!"
...Well I've got to put something!
Is this the fun-loving, post great pics of yourself looking good thread?

I know the same posting might illicit a lot of critique and shame-posting in YLLS...

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Post pics of yourself if you want protein.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

feelix posted:

Is there any evidence at all that "clean bulking" makes any difference over eating McDonald's
For me, not eating junk food means I won't be gaining 2lbs/wk but instead closer to 0.5-1. Which is how I screwed up. It's more of a calories in thing.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

feelix posted:

I mean your cholesterol and blood pressure would probably fair better without the huge amount of saturated fat and sodium contained in McD's food.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Apprentice Dick posted:

I mean your cholesterol and blood pressure would probably fair better without the huge amount of saturated fat and sodium contained in McD's food.

Those things are only a problem if you're already a fat load with heart issues, though.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

feelix posted:

Other than health, there's a small difference from timing your simple carbs around your workouts that no one in this thread would probably be disciplined enough with their diet to notice.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

sassassin posted:

Clean bulking is retarded.

Eat the garbage.

:hai:

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Dennis McClaren posted:

Is this the fun-loving, post great pics of yourself looking good thread?

I know the same posting might illicit a lot of critique and shame-posting in YLLS...

post the pics

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
Dont get fat while bulking. It's not worth it.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Defiant Sally posted:

Agreed. Both bulking and cutting still require care and attention to caloric intake.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Defiant Sally posted:

I may take this to heart. I was just getting frustrated with a total lack of progress. Like nothing went up much in 6+ months, and even before that it crawled for 6 months. So like an entire year of kinda stalling strength wise despite only lifting for 18 months total. Gaining weight made me PR in everything drat near every session for the entire past month. Not little PRs either, like what people claim beginner gains are.

So at least now I know I can make progress, and that will hopefully motivate me to stick it out while losing some weight again. I might keep gaining weight until the end of the month but I'll try to slow it down some.

Anti-Hero posted:

Agreed. Both bulking and cutting still require care and attention to caloric intake.
I still put care into it I just went a little heavy on extra baked goods. Eating an extra 2k calories here, an extra 2k there adds up real fast if you do it 2 times per week on top of your planned bulk.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Jan 10, 2018

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Yeah an extra 4K calories is a little over a lb of fat.

How long have you been lifting for? Personal anecdote: I’m a skinny twink that requires a lot of calories to put on weight, and I have to have my training really on point or those extra calories just go to fat. With training 5 days a week I eat 2700 cals/day to put on about 2 lbs of weight A MONTH. That’s a weekly surplus of like 1500 kcals. Another 4K on top of that and hello fat city.

I think the best way to handle bulking, in my limited experience, is find the minimum amount of calories needed to sustain training progress. Or at least that’s how I view it, I could be wrong. I’ve only been seriously training for a couple years now (with 8 previous years of loving around).

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

My cue is to never gain more fat than you cannot cut in one "go" (about 3 months for me)

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

feelix posted:

I've seen studies that show if you eat a ton of, lets say, carbs at once and don't burn them off they'll turn to fat easier because of [insert science here]

insulin spikes, uhh, and such.

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

sassassin posted:

Those things are only a problem if you're already a fat load with heart issues, though.

nah, i had poo poo cholesterol breakdown and elevated bp at one point in college even w/ 13÷ bf and mma training because i was eating spectacularly garbage college diet. elevated bp especially will gently caress your arterial stiffness over time regardless of how fit you are

plus lifters are susceptible to a lot of heart conditions that our cardio nemeses arent (and vice versa)

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Breakfast All Day posted:

nah, i had poo poo cholesterol breakdown and elevated bp at one point in college even w/ 13÷ bf and mma training because i was eating spectacularly garbage college diet. elevated bp especially will gently caress your arterial stiffness over time regardless of how fit you are

plus lifters are susceptible to a lot of heart conditions that our cardio nemeses arent (and vice versa)
but marathon runners are always dying of heart attacks

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Just run a huge deficit for like 5 weeks and then go back to gettin fat

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Anti-Hero posted:

Yeah an extra 4K calories is a little over a lb of fat.

How long have you been lifting for? Personal anecdote: I’m a skinny twink that requires a lot of calories to put on weight, and I have to have my training really on point or those extra calories just go to fat. With training 5 days a week I eat 2700 cals/day to put on about 2 lbs of weight A MONTH. That’s a weekly surplus of like 1500 kcals. Another 4K on top of that and hello fat city.

I think the best way to handle bulking, in my limited experience, is find the minimum amount of calories needed to sustain training progress. Or at least that’s how I view it, I could be wrong. I’ve only been seriously training for a couple years now (with 8 previous years of loving around).
I've been lifting around 18 months. At maintenance or a deficit until now.

My plan was 1lb/wk gain for 12 weeks. I over shot that significantly by not keeping track and eating a bunch of foods I didn't know the caloric content of.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Jan 10, 2018

ham_sanitizer
Jul 12, 2014

professional swine bather
eating is hard. harder than lifting.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
nutrient quality is waaaay more important than nutrient timing imo

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Let me impart a phrase I just learned from another thread

*clears throat* cheesy almonds

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Data Graham posted:

Let me impart a phrase I just learned from another thread

*clears throat* cheesy almonds

go on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
I opened the gym this morning and one of the bench barbells still had weights on it. A 45+25 on one side and 45+10+10+5 on the other, but there were three other 25s on the racks on the same bench???