Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I'm finally getting into Super and have been bingeing it all week

Man, the Goku Black ark is such a pace killer. There's just a lot of nothing happening over and over. Feels like watching Buu a second time around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

HGH posted:

Goku raining nuclear burns upon his son:

FINALLY

I am kicking myself right now for pre-ordering the PC version.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

HitTheTargets posted:

I fell behind for a bit. I'm fine skipping the robot stuff, but should I watch last week's episode before this week's, or can I jump back in?

don't skip episodes

Sockser posted:

I'm finally getting into Super and have been bingeing it all week

Man, the Goku Black ark is such a pace killer. There's just a lot of nothing happening over and over. Feels like watching Buu a second time around.

when stuff is happening the arc is great and the action was a big step up over what came before but yeah its spread out too much.

Augus fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Jan 14, 2018

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Episode is up and crunchyroll hasn't crashed yet! Hooray!

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Wow gently caress Gohan

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

seiferguy posted:

Episode is up and crunchyroll hasn't crashed yet! Hooray!

It looks like they stopped letting people watch in low quality for free (I only get a 2 minute clip) so maybe that's done it.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

I don't know how someone so lack of characteristics can be so entertaining. Jiren's easily my favorite character from this arc.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

drat this week was so good.

Also :lol: Gohan you idiot.

Also also VRV is limiting to premium only for now (which means crunchryroll probably is too) so use daisuki.net y'all

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude

so close

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
It felt really weird seeing Goku try to ring out Jiren like that after wanting to fight him so badly this arc, even if he seemed to know it wouldn't work.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Also Zen'o still being the cutest universe genocidal of all

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Zeno impersonating Jiren was pretty great. And also, is this the first time someone has caught a Destructo Disk?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
God drat gohan come on

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

Zeno impersonating Jiren was pretty great. And also, is this the first time someone has caught a Destructo Disk?
I think people have in DBZ filler a few times.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
what did Gohan do now

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

next ep preview seems to imply gohan's going out next. woulda thought 17 would be next

Pureauthor posted:

what did Gohan do now

nothing that I can tell? legit can't tell what people are going on about with this. 17 asked him to ring both toppo and himself out and it didn't work. he really didn't do anything

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
Pretty good episode but the animation took a noticeable and jarring leap downwards compared to the last one.

Pureauthor posted:

what did Gohan do now

17 had a plan to knock both himself and Toppo out at once by trapping him in his shield and having Gohan blast them out. But when Toppo busted down his shield Gohan choked at the last moment for fear of hurting 17 too much and nobody was knocked out. Meanwhile 17 chewed out Gohan for trying to work with him since he ain't no 18 in his book.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

IcePhoenix posted:

drat this week was so good.

Also :lol: Gohan you idiot.

Also also VRV is limiting to premium only for now (which means crunchryroll probably is too) so use daisuki.net y'all

I can't get daisuki.net to actually load the video, just a black box.

Edit: Literally only works on Internet Explorer??

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Pureauthor posted:

what did Gohan do now

More like what he didn't do.

Also, what is Vegeta's New form called? Ultimate blue? Full Power Blue? This is important.

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
Yeah the art in this episode felt kinda off. I know it's not possible for every episode to have fantastic animation like last week, but the drop-off in quality between the two was very noticeable.

Didn't enjoy this week's episode as much as the one last week. The tricks Goku pulled off were neat and I'm glad that we got to see the other fights (goddamit Gohan), but Vegeta's transformation sequence wasn't as impactful as I hoped. It felt kind of tacked on since he transformed after Goku. Plus, shoving the flashback in the middle of it didn't help and the music didn't line up all that well. The form itself still looks nice though!

Also Zeno is adorable :3:

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

Gohan caught 2 of them against Cell, I think it's always been possible to 'catch' them. I don't think it's filler either but I can't be sure.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
who's willing to bet gohan's strategy against dyspo is "punch him really hard"

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

seiferguy posted:

More like what he didn't do.

Also, what is Vegeta's New form called? Ultimate blue? Full Power Blue? This is important.

Prince of all Sparkles or Royal Blue from where I've seen it. And I vastly prefer the first.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
The fact that Vegeta new's transformation was achived through the power of nakama makes Super Saiyan Sparkle even better

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

True Blue Super Saiyan

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Raserys posted:

It looks to me in the PV like Freeza's trapping them in a cage of energy beams so that Dyspo doesn't have room to evade Gohan.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Crabtree posted:

Prince of all Sparkles or Royal Blue from where I've seen it. And I vastly prefer the first.

prince of all sparkles is great

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Raserys posted:

It looked like he was having Frieza put up some kind of laser cage, so I bet the punching comes next.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
The correct name is Super Saiyan

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Crabtree posted:

Prince of all Sparkles

gently caress it THAT is the cannon name.

I mean how can you not like how he got it? HE CARES.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Jan 14, 2018

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
Okay seriously, god drat it Gohan. At least Vegeta put up a good showing.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Super Saiyan I Care Now, You Made Me Care

https://youtu.be/W_Bh2oP-P38

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

lol what is this premium bullshit they want to watch???

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Yep, just as I thought: Dyspo cant hurt Freeza, not even when Freeza is in his fourth form. But it looks like Dyspo escaped before Freeza could finish him. My bet is that Dyspo, seeing that he cant beat Freeza, will have a go at Gohan and Freeza will help Gohan. But from the sound of next episode's title, Gohan might get knocked off. That would surprise me if Gohan got knocked off before 17, but it could happen.

Toppo still isnt going full-out yet so we'll see how that turns out.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

guess imma have to turn on my adblocker from now on crunchyroll HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT THAT NOW?!?!?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

pik_d posted:

I can't get daisuki.net to actually load the video, just a black box.

Edit: Literally only works on Internet Explorer??

Enable flash

Manatee Cannon posted:

nothing that I can tell? legit can't tell what people are going on about with this. 17 asked him to ring both toppo and himself out and it didn't work. he really didn't do anything

He stopped his kamehameha short because he didn't want to hurt 17, leaving toppo just enough space to slam on the brakes

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Jan 14, 2018

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

I'm still holding out hope that Gohan's gonna pull out a secret Improved Mystic Form transformation and be the final man standing and square off with Jiren.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Ramadu posted:

guess imma have to turn on my adblocker from now on crunchyroll HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT THAT NOW?!?!?

Why would you pay for a service that's gonna double dip on advertising

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

SpazmasterX posted:

Why would you pay for a service that's gonna double dip on advertising

i aint payin for poo poo

im gonna be like buu and find it elsewhere you hear me crunchyroll/vrv/daisuki that doesnt work

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

lezard_valeth posted:

The correct name is Super Saiyan

Fuckin' :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Vegeta Instinto Azul esta bien chido.