Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Vegeta's new form is Super Sayian Royal Blue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
Goku getting tricky and the Prince of all Sparkles were so good this episode.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

goku is a goddamn thief

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I hope 17 also pays tribute to Krillin by using that Solar Flare x100 or whatever it was, the thing Krillin used before the tournament but not during.

Velisarius
Nov 1, 2009
I would like Frieza to actually punch someone in the face, please.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Delete Gohan the dude has been a lame fucker this whole time and the only moment he looked halfway cool was when piccolo basically forced him to do a cool thing. Why couldnt we get Goten in here

Kashuno fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Jan 14, 2018

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

Kashuno posted:

Delete Gohan the dude has been a lame fucker this whole time and the only moment he looked halfway cool was when piccolo basically forced him to do a cool thing. Why could we get Goten in here

Mods? please.

Gohan is cool and good and my friend and other forum tropes

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Kashuno posted:

Delete Gohan the dude has been a lame fucker this whole time and the only moment he looked halfway cool was when piccolo basically forced him to do a cool thing. Why couldnt we get Yamcha in here

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Gohan has never been good and will never be good, he even made Videl lamer by association. Saiyaman was entertaining because it was Gohan acting like someone else entirely.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Yamcha would’ve gotten instantly knocked out and started a baseball game in the stands

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Yamcha would've showed the Zenos baseball and they'd immediately restructure the tournament into a multiverse baseball league.

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

I'm about to go Super Nobody 2 up in here

Talvos
Mar 21, 2005

SpazmasterX posted:

Gohan has never been good and will never be good, he even made Videl lamer by association. Saiyaman was entertaining because it was Gohan acting like someone else entirely.

Considering how DBZ just gets made up as it goes along, there is so much that could have been done in retrospec to make Gohan more interesting. I like to think of a world where he shows up to every battle as saiyaman and they do the gimmick where everyone but Goku knows its him.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Maybe Gohan is just poo poo so you appreciate how much better Trunks is. Also it just occurred to me that Vegeta always called himself Prince even though he should have became King when his father died and Trunks is the actual Prince of all Saiyans and should have been named Vegeta.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Bulma is a queen.

Man that just reminded me what the gently caress are they gonna do about bulma :(

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Kashuno posted:

Yamcha would’ve gotten instantly knocked out and started a baseball game in the stands

Yamcha would have been knocked out right at the start of the tournament, then buried under some rumble during Kale's rampage and forgotten about until the time ran out.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Kashuno posted:

Bulma is a queen.

Man that just reminded me what the gently caress are they gonna do about bulma :(

Recast her with someone that can do a passable copy of her voice

Azathoth256
Mar 30, 2010

Funky Valentine posted:

Yamcha would've showed the Zenos baseball and they'd immediately restructure the tournament into a multiverse baseball league.

Shoulda just challenged the other universes to a baseball tournament in the first place. There are even eight competitors, we could have had a proper bracket.

Azathoth256
Mar 30, 2010

Azathoth256 posted:

Shoulda just challenged the other universes to a baseball tournament in the first place. There are even eight competitors, we could have had a proper bracket.

Plus, they would have only needed 9 players. Coulda left Freeza in hell.

Azathoth256
Mar 30, 2010

Azathoth256 posted:

Plus, they would have only needed 9 players. Coulda left Freeza in hell.

*HFIL

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
What's the name of the song that plays during this trailer for DBFZ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VK90L4t2jM

Also, is the name of the cool vocal song that plays when Goku goes Ultra Instinct "Ultimate Battle" or something like that?

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I still maintain that Vegeta will become a Pride Trooper, because he is pride personified

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Blue Star posted:

Yep, just as I thought: Dyspo cant hurt Freeza, not even when Freeza is in his fourth form. But it looks like Dyspo escaped before Freeza could finish him. My bet is that Dyspo, seeing that he cant beat Freeza, will have a go at Gohan and Freeza will help Gohan. But from the sound of next episode's title, Gohan might get knocked off. That would surprise me if Gohan got knocked off before 17, but it could happen.

Toppo still isnt going full-out yet so we'll see how that turns out.

Quote me later on this, 17 will be the last man standing and finally get his loving boat. This conclusion has been heavily foreshadowed. Screw the universes.

Kashuno posted:

Delete Gohan the dude has been a lame fucker this whole time and the only moment he looked halfway cool was when piccolo basically forced him to do a cool thing. Why couldnt we get Cell Dorado in here

It won't happen but the Zen'os declaring that Gohan is not neat and thus not safe and proceed to instantly deleting him would be hilarious, at least for all the salty latin tears it would create.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Can they just swap Gohan with his Future self? That guy for a person with one arm was way tougher.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

SpazmasterX posted:

Maybe Gohan is just poo poo so you appreciate how much better Trunks is. Also it just occurred to me that Vegeta always called himself Prince even though he should have became King when his father died and Trunks is the actual Prince of all Saiyans and should have been named Vegeta.

Vegeta's all about the inferiority complex, never deciding to call himself king is probably part of that. As for Trunks Vegeta just didn't give a poo poo about him when he was born.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Rirse posted:

Can they just swap Gohan with his Future self? That guy for a person with one arm was way tougher.

this question has me stumped

Seriously though, Gohan is my favorite character, and I didn't watch most of Buu, which hurts less when you root for him.

If they nail the whole concept where he chooses just to have a normal life instead of being like his bloodthirsty dad, i'm fine with it. With the tournament of power happening though, he learned that he needed to be better after getting hit in the chest once by a returning freeza and almost dying.

I'm cool with Gohan being a supporting character, even with the concept of him theoretically being the best if he just stopped doing what he wanted. You just know if he just decided to be like his dad, he'd be three times better. But he won't, so Goku is still star of the show

Fargin Icehole fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Jan 14, 2018

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
For Jiren... that is a simple punch.

Finally, the secret of his power is revealed: Jiren did 100 pushups, 100 squats, 100 situps, and a 10km run, Every. Single. Day.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Kashuno posted:

Yamcha would still have somehow done better than Tien, he'd also have been knocked out by Jiren because that's Yamcha's job in tournament arcs

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I just don't know why the series seems hellbent on actively making GBS threads on Gohan. Did...did he piss off someone in production? Gohan, how are you truly backstage?

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Seriously tho the assumption was Jiren was a stoic superman like figure but actually he's just a normal man who wanted to become a hero and became so strong that every fight is boring. His "Pride Trooper Name" is "Star Trek Uniform Baldy."

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

dont double down on the joke if its not getting a reaction, friend

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

how about you double down on my dick friend

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Shinjobi posted:

I just don't know why the series seems hellbent on actively making GBS threads on Gohan. Did...did he piss off someone in production? Gohan, how are you truly backstage?

Really I think ya'll are just overreacting
Goku and Vegeta have had more than their fair share of major gently caress-ups

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
My reaction re: Gohan had more to do with the next-episode title than anything else.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Gohan holding back because he didn't want to hurt 17 is such an obvious callback to the Cell Games it's not even funny. He'll get his own power up soon after 17 goes down in order to save him and he'll rage out

it's like you guys haven't watched Dragon Ball!!

also Vegeta powering all the way up inspired by the promise to his student was just great, and it shows what motivates him; Goku getting hit by a punch beam and going beyond the limit to Kaioken Blue also shows exactly who he is. subtle character moments like that are great

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Work Friend Keven posted:

lol

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I like sneaky Goku this episode but wish that was Gohan's gimmick

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I like to think Jiren somehow knew where Goku got that Destructo Disc strategy from and got extra mad that he essentially almost got rung out by Krillin.

Also I know plenty of people have stolen the move, but is this the first time someone else actually said the name of the move?

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Work Friend Keven posted:

nice one, bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

I honestly can't tell if the Gohan hate is a meme anymore or not.