Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

they should just stick to male VAs instead of this split stuff, they're more fitting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

You must be a friend that's good at shredding!

Ibram Gaunt posted:

they should just stick to male VAs instead of this split stuff, they're more fitting.

I mean, I was fine with the split stuff once I came to terms with the fact that it's effectively an 11 minute show. Especially since some gags work better with one voice than the other for me.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I don't think they've been doing enough with the split episode gimmick to really justify it so far. but time will tell

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Are all the Bob Team Epic bits still being done by the Galo Sengen crew?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

it will be cool when they use up the whole time slot to have popuko wait to smash a clock

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

ViggyNash posted:

Are all the Bob Team Epic bits still being done by the Galo Sengen crew?

Yup.

By the way, today's second-half was voiced by Shigeru Chiba and Toshio Furukawa. You all might have heard them on DBZ for example.

https://twitter.com/1041abcd1/status/952230665088466944

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Personally I heavily disagree about the voices, it works best with female voices since half of the joke with Poptepic in the first place is cute girls saying or doing weird and/or vulgar stuff

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Whatever this was, it's gone now.

The repeats don't bother me too much, because it's essentially just a Side A/Side B compilation with you being able to choose which flavor of VA you'd like, with the occasional switched up gag. But they can be annoying for a certain mindset of wanting to see "all the gags" or "the best version" of a skit while being made to sit through repeated gags that you might not have even found funny the first time. This show has done enough that i fully expect for them to play into these variations more in the future, but yeah, if you're not too chill about it, it can be frustrating and take a significant amount of enjoyment out of the show.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the repeat gag isn't good and part of it is they are not making the most of it, but whatever. the show will probably continue to deliver for me in other ways so it's not making me write the whole thing off

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

it would be kind of neat if what were seeing is a trend of diverging paths, and each episode's "Side B" half is more and more different from "Side A" as we progress through the season

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Julias posted:

Whatever this was, it's gone now.

Good thing I posted on Discord as well.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i can get behind that they're not using the repeating gag enough, but it doesn't bother me at all. I like the female voices a lot and even the smaller gags like Popuko Playing A Xylophone While Skiing, Okay Next Scene still get a laugh out of me, to say nothing of the insane voice actor gags this ep + Did You See it zooms which killed me. All of it combined with the felt dolls dancing and even the wild music video for the OP make it feel like an avant garde art piece that shouldn't exist for something this stupid, but I love it

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

drrockso20 posted:

Personally I heavily disagree about the voices, it works best with female voices since half of the joke with Poptepic in the first place is cute girls saying or doing weird and/or vulgar stuff

They always sounded like the weird gremlins they are in my head.

Now when are they going to male voice hoshino girldrop

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Julias posted:

The "short" version of the live action OP music video is now up, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bl1ZI-J6hM and it's fittingly trippy.
also lol, apparently the woman who sings the OP in this, Sumire Uesaka, voices Pipimi, the tall one,

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Avatar gifs! I took some liberties with timings for loopability:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/Spiritsnare/status/952473189807828992

https://twitter.com/george_10g/status/952366551667064832

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Ignis posted:

Hate to break it to you, but that's genuinely not a gag. The audio on the tv broadcast is fine, and I heard people say the audio on Hidive is fine as well. :shrug:

I think I prefer it busted.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

drrockso20 posted:

Kinda annoyed that they're using the "repeat the first half with different voices" thing as something for the entire show and not just the first episode, feels kinda lazy, like they realized they didn't have enough content(and/or budget) for 12 full episodes so divided 6 episodes of 2 segments into 12 by doing the repetition gag

They're saving their entire budget for Episode 12, which will actually be the entire final episode of Hoshiiro Girldrop.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Ammat The Ankh posted:

They're saving their entire budget for Episode 12, which will actually be the entire final episode of Hoshiiro Girldrop.

:yeah:

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Ammat The Ankh posted:

They'll animate an entire hot springs/bath episode of Hoshiiro Girldrop complete with gratuitous fanservice, except during the fanservice scenes the censorship will be Popuko and Pipimi walking around on top of the frame

Super Jay Mann fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Jan 14, 2018

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Super Jay Mann posted:

They'll animate an entire hot springs/bath episode of Hoshiiro Girldrop complete with gratuitous fanservice, except during the fanservice scenes the censorship will be Popuko and Pipimi will be walking around on top of the frame
to rub it in even further all of the fanservice will be in the guys' side of the hot springs and i will get premium trolled by popuko and pipimi playing a mosaiced fallout 4 in front of some guy's junk :argh:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Expect My Mom posted:

i can get behind that they're not using the repeating gag enough, but it doesn't bother me at all. I like the female voices a lot and even the smaller gags like Popuko Playing A Xylophone While Skiing, Okay Next Scene still get a laugh out of me, to say nothing of the insane voice actor gags this ep + Did You See it zooms which killed me. All of it combined with the felt dolls dancing and even the wild music video for the OP make it feel like an avant garde art piece that shouldn't exist for something this stupid, but I love it

I like the dual voices because the voice actors just do better jobs in certain skits. Like the RPG skit and the SRW skit were funnier with the old men voices. The singing over me skit was way funnier for me with the womens voices because Popuko's voice actress added a bunch of adlib grunts that were hilarious.

PS1 Hagrid
Sep 17, 2007

The novelty kind of already wore off for me already but I appreciate the beefy sound design for the xylophone bit.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

my theory is they're doing the rule of 3 with the repeition thing and next week things will be different somehow

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Most anime: Fan theories revolve around the plot and characters

Pop Team Epic: Fan theories revolve around the very structure of the show

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
My theory is that the larger one will eat the smaller one for sustenance.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
My vote is for them to keep doing whatever gets the most fans whining about the show

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I love how often I see some daft and wonderful fanart for this and then I watch the episode and realise it wasn't fanart at all

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

My theory is that the larger one will eat the smaller one for sustenance.

Pipimi will kill for Popuko, but shant kill popuko

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Pipimi will kill for anyone, but mostly for herself

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

This anime is bad. Devil is a part timer level bad.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Namtab posted:

Source you're quotes

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

AnoHito posted:

Source you're quotes

Your post history

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Namtab posted:

Devil is a part timer level bad.
technically correct

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Namtab posted:

Well since Devil is a part timer has negative badness then uh, I guess that's a compliment?

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

No it was bad unless your idea of comedy is "Satan takes monotonous tasks seriously"

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Namtab posted:

No it was bad unless your idea of comedy is "Satan takes monotonous tasks seriously"

It's official, Namtab hates good comedy.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Namtab posted:

Yeah, this anime's poo poo. It outright pointed that out :v:

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

ViggyNash posted:

It's official, Namtab hates good comedy.

Watch it again then tell me I'm wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Honestly Devil is a part-timer was pretty bad. It opens on the main characters minions brutally murdering innocent civilians and then expects us to instantly switch over to finding him charming and hilarious with no actual justification or heel turn. His personality just does a total 180 when he turns human for no reason, eliminating the actual premise of the show (he barely ever acts like a devil) and he becomes honestly pretty boring. The other interesting aspect of him having to figure out how the world works is almost entirely skipped and hes instantly a model worker after a timeskip. Also the main heroine is a stock tsundere who quickly falls for him in spite of his minions slaughtering her father on top of all the other massacres he's responsible for, which the show never has the balls to address and undercuts every aspect of the show.

And its just not particularly funny.