Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
One punch man isn't exactly an interesting character either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
He'll wrap this up before the supermarket sale

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

CharlestheHammer posted:

ok.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Yea he says that at one point.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
Imagine if Jiren was just a SNK boss for DBFZ.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I still wanna see what the gently caress Android 21 does.

She drat well better be playable.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

CharlestheHammer posted:

:lol:

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

jivjov posted:

Phenomenally powerful, part of an organization of powered people, doesn't talk too much...there are some similarities

Saitama talks fairly often and is considered a weakling by the organisation of superheroes he’s a part of rather than their ace. I guess they’re both strong though, you are right about that incredibly unique similarity.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Jiren isn't boring, actually

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Saitama talks fairly often and is considered a weakling by the organisation of superheroes he’s a part of rather than their ace. I guess they’re both strong though, you are right about that incredibly unique similarity.

Hence why I said they're similar, not identical.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Spiritus Nox posted:

I still wanna see what the gently caress Android 21 does.

She drat well better be playable.

I hope she has a hodge-podge form of Saiyan/Majin/Android like people have been speculating.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Jiren and Saitama are strong and bald, that's about it. Jiren clearly takes pride in being a pride trooper, Saitama is only in it because that's the one way to achieve fame as a hero. Everyone knows Jiren is a badass, whereas only a few realize how strong Saitama is.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Goku and Vegeta still can't teamwork... but Jiren is so trained that he is expecting them to and its throwing off his timing so he is getting smacked around?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

AtomikKrab posted:

Goku and Vegeta still can't teamwork... but Jiren is so trained that he is expecting them to and its throwing off his timing so he is getting smacked around?

Yes and I like it. It's kind of hilarious but a cool way to go about it.

Prince of All Sparkles is a great name and thank you for coming up with it. It feels like Vegeta perfected SSB and went up a level like SSB2 while Goku uses Kai Fist to update his power with another tech. But I guess Ultra Instinct is better than both and, really, Ultra Instinct Vegitto is the toptiest top tier. I'm guessing Jiren and UI Vegitto team up some time against a true ultra threat next major arc.

I like Gohan but sadly his best moment is either as Saiyaman or when he went SSJ2 at Cell and it is obvious he isn't going to get his moment here.

I do want some downtime with Bulma, Chi Chi, Gotenks and the gang for at least a couple episodes after this.

Gatts fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Jan 15, 2018

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

Rhonne posted:

Yeah, but all that actually took place within like a minute in-universe.

Okay that legitimately makes sense.

I wonder if Goku will even master Ultra Instinct by the end of the tournament. I know some people are saying the show's ending in March but there's enough content in this tournament alone to carry on to one more arc where they wrap everything up and he finally perfects it.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

TheHan posted:

I know some people are saying the show's ending in March

Nobody is saying this. Someone mistranslated an interview that said the tournament arc is ending in March.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

TheHan posted:

Okay that legitimately makes sense.

I wonder if Goku will even master Ultra Instinct by the end of the tournament. I know some people are saying the show's ending in March but there's enough content in this tournament alone to carry on to one more arc where they wrap everything up and he finally perfects it.

The tournament is ending in march not the show

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

He isn't.

Though to be fair it's a comedy manga so it doesn't honestly matter, as that isn't the point.

Unlike say Mob who is a very interesting character.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

:lol:

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
If all you got from that show was that Saitama was a gag character, then all you did was pay attention to the flashy fighting.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

khwarezm posted:

Seriously it's loving tedious. IMO Gohan actions since the start of the tournament fit perfectly within his characterization since the start of Z and out of all team 7 he's displayed the most empathy and humanity. That's why he's still doing things like balking at wrecking 17 even if it's for the greater good. Certainly it's a more interesting conflict than Goku's 'fight strong mans!' but everyone's still whining that Gohan isn't a brutal fighting machine despite, like, duh.

but imo part of what makes gohan great is that when he does decide to fight he absolutely does not gently caress around

instead of his dad's GOLLY WHAT AN EXCITING CHALLENGE he's like "i'm going to kill you"

i don't mind him in a strategist role though because that also fits into the previous statements, guy just does not like fighting

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Jan 15, 2018

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Momomo posted:

If all you got from that show was that Saitama was a gag character, then all you did was pay attention to the flashy fighting.

There is only one real fight in like the adapted works.

Not counting Genos being genos.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Yinlock posted:

but imo part of what makes gohan great is that when he does decide to fight he absolutely does not gently caress around

instead of his dad's GOLLY WHAT AN EXCITING CHALLENGE he's like "i'm going to kill you"

i don't mind him in a strategist role though because that also fits into the previous statements, guy just does not like fighting

The problem is, this is not an accurate description of Gohan. What happened when he went Super Saiyan 2 against Cell? He hosed around and that got Goku killed. Then he did nothing for years, got a powerup for free, and then hosed around with Buu and got himself absorbed. As soon as he gets a powerup he lets it go to his head and he starts treating the fight as some kind of game, dude is way more like his father than people give him credit for.

A character that doesn't gently caress around in terms of fighting would be Future Trunks, a guy who is essentially a human that can go Super Saiyan.

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Now, listen - I know the two of you are very different from each other in a lot of ways, but you have to understand that as far as Grandpa's concerned, you're both pieces of shit! Yeah. I can prove it mathematically.

Yinlock posted:

efb:
future trunks is the only dragon ball fighter who doesn't gently caress around, gohan gets super cocky when he powers up and totally fucks poo poo up (like in the cell fight and in the super buu fight.)

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Momomo posted:

The problem is, this is not an accurate description of Gohan. What happened when he went Super Saiyan 2 against Cell? He hosed around and that got Goku killed. Then he did nothing for years, got a powerup for free, and then hosed around with Buu and got himself absorbed. As soon as he gets a powerup he lets it go to his head and he starts treating the fight as some kind of game, dude is way more like his father than people give him credit for.

A character that doesn't gently caress around in terms of fighting would be Future Trunks, a guy who is essentially a human that can go Super Saiyan.

that's true, but in those cases it's more that he wants his opponent to suffer than any real loving around

but yeah you have a point that trunks fits the bill more

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

though there was the mecha freeza fight which is basically just trunks goofing off with a sword for a couple episodes

i guess universe 7 is the universe of loving around at all times

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Yinlock posted:

though there was the mecha freeza fight which is basically just trunks goofing off with a sword for a couple episodes

none of that happened. in the manga Trunks immediately fires burning attack, Freeza dodges, Trunks kills Freeza. Fight over.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Yinlock posted:

That's like all filler. Trunks kills Frieza inside of one chapter

Only playing around was when he handed Cold his sword. And then instantly killed him after stopping the attack

Dexo fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Jan 15, 2018

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Trunks not loving around makes a lot of sense. He's never had that luxury.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Dexo posted:

That's like all filler. Trunks kills Frieza inside of one chapter

Only playing around was when he handed Cold his sword. And then instantly killed him after stopping the attack

And that's just being polite to the dude whose son you just killed.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Blockhouse posted:

Trunks not loving around makes a lot of sense. He's never had that luxury.

This is the real reason people love Future Trunks.

When he gets a chance to off the bad guy, he takes it, every time. Him pasting the androids (and Cell) back in his own timeline was hella cathartic.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Momomo posted:

I mean treating fighting like a game doesn’t sound all that much like Goku either.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

https://twitter.com/VsopVic/status/952762365883420672

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

RevolverDivider posted:

none of that happened. in the manga Trunks immediately fires burning attack, Freeza dodges, Trunks kills Freeza. Fight over.

that''s kind of lame then b/c trunks loving around with a sword ruled

point taken though

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Captain Oblivious posted:

This is the real reason people love Future Trunks.

When he gets a chance to off the bad guy, he takes it, every time. Him pasting the androids (and Cell) back in his own timeline was hella cathartic.

well there was the whole semi-perfect cell clusterfuck but there was a lot going on there and he DID go for it eventually after it became clear vegeta was going to be an idiot about it

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noItuBf8wc0

could you imagine how powerful vegeta would become if he went to therapy and came to terms with all of his emotional problems

Unscientific
Feb 16, 2014

Hjalmar posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noItuBf8wc0

could you imagine how powerful vegeta would become if he went to therapy and came to terms with all of his emotional problems

Holy poo poo, I made a huge mistake skipping this arc.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I mean treating fighting like a game doesn’t sound all that much like Goku either.

What? Yes, it does. See: SSJ Goku vs. Freezer

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Mr Interweb posted:

What? Yes, it does. See: SSJ Goku vs. Freezer

Look, that was a long time ago and they've fought each other more recently so I forgot. I mean Gohan vs Cell was a long time ago as well I guess, but it's Gohan's only real notable fight in the series so it's memorable on that account!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Look, that was a long time ago and they've fought each other more recently so I forgot. I mean Gohan vs Cell was a long time ago as well I guess, but it's Gohan's only real notable fight in the series so it's memorable on that account!

SSJ Goku vs Frieza is one of the most iconic fights in the series though!!