Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

This isn't the Devil is a Part Timer thread, drop it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Nephthys posted:

Honestly Devil is a part-timer was pretty bad. It opens on the main characters minions brutally murdering innocent civilians and then expects us to instantly switch over to finding him charming and hilarious with no actual justification or heel turn. His personality just does a total 180 when he turns human for no reason, eliminating the actual premise of the show (he barely ever acts like a devil) and he becomes honestly pretty boring. The other interesting aspect of him having to figure out how the world works is almost entirely skipped and hes instantly a model worker after a timeskip. Also the main heroine is a stock tsundere who quickly falls for him in spite of his minions slaughtering her father on top of all the other massacres he's responsible for, which the show never has the balls to address and undercuts every aspect of the show.

Pop Team Epic backstory is hosed up.

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
the pop team epics are basically evil looney toons. Very dangerous trickster gods stay away and contact the authorities

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
If you see them it's already too late

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Here are My Top 3 Comedy Animes

- Monthly Girls Nozaki-kun
- Cromartie High School
- Probably Pop Team Epic

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Expect My Mom posted:

Here are My Top 3 Comedy Animes

- Monthly Girls Nozaki-kun
- Cromartie High School
- Probably Pop Team Epic

A strong showing. I'd also add Nichijou and maybe Konosuba to my top 5 list.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
I’m surprised they just let them put Nanachi in the show. I thought there were rules against that sorta thing.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

HellCopter posted:

I’m surprised they just let them put Nanachi in the show. I thought there were rules against that sorta thing.

It cant be helped, they kidnapped Nanachi in one of the MiA end cards after all

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

HellCopter posted:

Both series are published by Takeshobo.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Popuko and Pipimi hate Takeshobo btw

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Is that just self-deprecating humor or is there a story there?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

HellCopter posted:

They have the same publisher so it's 100% on the up and up.

I'm also going to have to start looking for a Wiki or something so I know all the gags they change in the B Part, aren't I?

Edit:

ViggyNash posted:

It's the same as the "Poptepic is poo poo" running joke.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i mean some of the specific jokes made at takeshobo's expense do feel like they come from a place of real but minor frustration (e.g. delayed/half-assed volume releases) or at least experience at the company, but the relationship is obviously good enough for the comic to have survived this long and gotten an anime.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Bkub also did an endcard for March Comes In Like A Lion this season too of the two best characters

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Jan 15, 2018

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the baby sister is a frightening shiny-eyed demon

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
Consider me a Pop Team Epic convert

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

dogsicle posted:

the baby sister is a frightening shiny-eyed demon

she kinda always looks like that

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the bit in s1 where she offers someone some gum haunts my dreams, but i don't have the screenshot proof on hand.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMjIQCR7Lcs

here you go

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't get it.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

I don't get it.

Gum in daifuku is like nuts and gum.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

BTW is the OP stuff about the voice actors no longer speaking to the producers real or part of the jokes they keep doing about the voice actors hating their job

Falls Down Stairs
Nov 2, 2008

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

ViggyNash posted:

The long and short of it is Takeshobo delayed the TPB release for a long time, and then cancelled the strip altogether before the book came out, only for it to be brought back due to strong sales.

Source: http://sirlorence.tumblr.com/post/160541568949/so-like-in-pop-team-epic-they-keep-ragin-on-tpp

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012

Nephthys posted:

Honestly Devil is a part-timer was pretty bad. It opens on the main characters minions brutally murdering innocent civilians and then expects us to instantly switch over to finding him charming and hilarious with no actual justification or heel turn. His personality just does a total 180 when he turns human for no reason, eliminating the actual premise of the show (he barely ever acts like a devil) and he becomes honestly pretty boring. The other interesting aspect of him having to figure out how the world works is almost entirely skipped and hes instantly a model worker after a timeskip. Also the main heroine is a stock tsundere who quickly falls for him in spite of his minions slaughtering her father on top of all the other massacres he's responsible for, which the show never has the balls to address and undercuts every aspect of the show.

And its just not particularly funny.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

BTW is the OP stuff about the voice actors no longer speaking to the producers real or part of the jokes they keep doing about the voice actors hating their job

It's a joke.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Namtab posted:

This anime is bad. Devil is a part timer level bad.

It is good because it culls the weak, such as you.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Namtab posted:

Watch it again then tell me I'm wrong

I did
yo'ure wrong

about pop team epic
devil is a part timer is poo poo

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/MatrixMarioX/status/952716527395995648

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
My wife said it's like an Anime Robot Chicken and I think I agree. Obviously not a perfect comparison but the pace feels similar and the pop culture references and recurring jokes and meta humor. Also WarioWare.

Imagined fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Jan 16, 2018

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Imagined posted:

My wife said it's like an Anime Robot Chicken and I think I agree. Obviously not a perfect comparison but the pace feels similar and the pop culture references and recurring jokes and meta humor. Also WarioWare.

This is what I tell people

Or anime eric andre but that usually puts them off (I love eric andre)

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/CogaraK/status/952836673523470342

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
Yeah, I don't think this is for me. Oh well. I'll enjoy the insane gifs from afar.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Weak!

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.
this show owns

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

The poptepipic nendoroids are getting rereleased, but you won’t be able to get the spiked bat this time.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

lol if you are actually watching this show. youre supposed to just watch the show, not watch the show, anyone who is watching the show will of course miss the jokes made for those who are watching the show.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

El Burbo posted:

The poptepipic nendoroids are getting rereleased, but you won’t be able to get the spiked bat this time.

:smuggo: well well well

Edit: It's nice that they are being rereleased, Pipimi's neck joint is notorious for breaking on this figure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arbitrary Number
Nov 10, 2012

Ok, so apparently there's a place in Russia called Kamchatka. Is that what Honey Come Chatka is named after? But why?