Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
The voice actor for Zamasu in the Dragon Ball Super dub was announced as David Gray, a definitely absolutely real person with no credits at all to his name who is totally not a pseudonym for James Marsters to work on a non-union project

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Don't get my hopes up, you.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

When Nappa went great ape was he still bald? Did he have a moustache?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Shinjobi posted:

Don't get my hopes up, you.

I'm not getting anyone's hopes up that's almost definitely what's happening

Either it's a fake name or Funimation just cast someone who has literally never worked in the anime dubbing industry before as the main villain in an arc of their biggest property

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
It's actually David Gray, the musician. He wants into anime.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

graham cracker posted:

In the games where you fight Great Ape Nappa he's a normal monkey.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Wrong. You're all wrong in ways you can't begin to imagine.

David Gray is the man who made Hugo's House of Horrors and now he's striking back after all these long, dark years.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

David Grey is actually Justin Chadwick who will be replacing Schemmel for Black Goku in addition to playing Zamasu.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

graham cracker posted:

No moustache, but he has a noticeably larger forehead than the other Great Apes, which translates to less hair there.

Related, as a Super Saiyan 3, he's still bald, with his facial hair becoming longer, spikier and blond instead.

Unrelated, we have the last pre-DLC character for FighterZ and it's an unexpected one:

https://twitter.com/ShonenGameZ/status/953599191737085953

I wonder how that happened.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Blaze Dragon posted:

No moustache, but he has a noticeably larger forehead than the other Great Apes, which translates to less hair there.

Related, as a Super Saiyan 3, he's still bald, with his facial hair becoming longer, spikier and blond instead.

Unrelated, we have the last pre-DLC character for FighterZ and it's an unexpected one:

It's literally a Xenoverse character lol

I'm ok with that though.

Also new spoilers have Freeza fighting Toppo alongside 17 :hellyeah:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Blaze Dragon posted:

w...wha

also looks like Jiren and 17 are coming to Xeno2, along with bikini Videl and bikini 18

Kashuno fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Jan 17, 2018

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Slap some Freeza troop armor on her and she's complete.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I'm cool with a new female Majin character, I just wish it wasn't #21 again - something more original would have been nice.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I love her

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I think it's neat that a "scientist" type android character is trying to replicate all the insanely powerful abilities that the majin buu and beerus have.

I like her original design more, though.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Sockser posted:

what’s the deal with “pretty peas/peas and carrots”

I assume there’s some kinda cutesy idiom in Japanese and pretty peas works real nice as an English analogue, and then whoever worked on the dub decided that they had to do something incredibly dumb and translate it to something that doesn’t mean anything?

I think it should have been "pwetty pwease" in both the subs and the dub, but apparently I'm a philistine who doesn't know art.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Pollyanna posted:

I'm cool with a new female Majin character, I just wish it wasn't #21 again - something more original would have been nice.

What do you mean 'again'

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Yeah, Vanilla 21 was never confirmed as playable - probably because her whole plot will turn out to be about turning herself into a Majin so she can actually fight.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Absorbing Majin Cells

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
I've never heard of her before, lets ask the wiki:

quote:

Android 21 is described as a busty scientist with glasses and long bushy auburn hair.

Thanks, wikia.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

MasterSlowPoke posted:

I've never heard of her before, lets ask the wiki:

Thanks, wikia.

Blame Jump, they're the ones that did the description.

She's an OC for the game, so no one knows poo poo about her other that she's the villain, probably an android, somehow becomes pink and is busty.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
We're talking Dr. Gero here. If there's an rear end in a top hat who could design machines that could analyse/absorb Majin goo and build an Android out of it, it's him.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Oh :downs: I haven't been following DBFZ so I assumed she was already playable.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

She's assumedly related to Gero/16 (16 is apparently Gero's dead son) either his daughter or his wife.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

I hope her original design is a skin.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/953641993741123584

If the copying powers part is true for gameplay, it could be really fun, eat enemies and get their powers. We didn't have a copycat character before! Not even either Buu have that!

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Kild posted:

She's assumedly related to Gero/16 (16 is apparently Gero's dead son) either his daughter or his wife.

Is that confirmed? I thought it was just a TFS bit.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Blaze Dragon posted:

If the copying powers part is true for gameplay, it could be really fun, eat enemies and get their powers. We didn't have a copycat character before! Not even either Buu have that!

I expect that just means her default movelist will include moves from other characters'. Having her moveset change on the fly based on who she's fighting seems like a nightmare to implement/balance.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Spiritus Nox posted:

I expect that just means her default movelist will include moves from other characters'. Having her moveset change on the fly based on who she's fighting seems like a nightmare to implement/balance.

Nah she's Kirby now

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

BizarroAzrael posted:

Is that confirmed? I thought it was just a TFS bit.

I'm guessing you mean 16, that comes from a Toriyama interview. It is canon, as much as you can consider Toriyama making stuff up that was never even hinted at in the series years after it ended canon.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
To be accurate, 16 is modelled after Gero's dead son but he didn't put his son's brain into a robot body or anything like that.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Blaze Dragon posted:

I'm guessing you mean 16, that comes from a Toriyama interview. It is canon, as much as you can consider Toriyama making stuff up that was never even hinted at in the series years after it ended canon.

I think it's reasonable to accept it as canon. The same interview where Toriyama dropped it is the one where he revealed that 17 became a park ranger and got a married/adopted kids which all turned out to be true in Super.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Is it weird to anyone else that 17/18 don’t go by their human names after the Cell saga?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

Huh, not what I was expecting for her, but that's pretty cool. She also has a tail, so I guess she's combining parts from various DB villains.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Sockser posted:

Is it weird to anyone else that 17/18 don’t go by their human names after the Cell saga?

Their human names didn't exist until Toriyama thought them up on the spot for that interview three years ago.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So is that a Saiyan tail or a Beerus tail

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Sockser posted:

If I had the choice between going by Lapis or 17, I'd probably pick 17 too tbh.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Burkion posted:

So is that a Saiyan tail or a Beerus tail

Maybe it's a Cell tail... minus the scorpion-sucker-thingy since Maijin absorb stuff a different way?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

multijoe posted:

Nah she's Kirby now

Is Kirby a Majin??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008