Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Burkion posted:

So is that a Saiyan tail or a Beerus tail

It's a Frieza tail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Terper posted:

It's a Frieza tail

Can't be that or a Cell because it's too thin.

The only characters with thin tails like that are Beerus and Sayians, but Beerus' isn't that long.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

It represents every tail-having villain actually.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

The omnitail, built to be immune to Kienzan technology

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

She also gains long elf ears, so maybe she eats Zamasu or Shin too.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I'd have to imagine eating Shin would do nothing but make her weaker.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Blaze Dragon posted:

https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/953641993741123584

If the copying powers part is true for gameplay, it could be really fun, eat enemies and get their powers. We didn't have a copycat character before! Not even either Buu have that!

I wasn't keen on Super Buu being in the game (Kid Buu seems to have some of his most famous moves) but someone suggested he could work by copying other characters powers similar to how his absorption seems to work, which seemed like it would be interesting.

So now they just give that to an original character, lol, sorry Super Buu, now I really don't want to see you!

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Kashuno posted:

w...wha

also looks like Jiren and 17 are coming to Xeno2, along with bikini Videl and bikini 18

I honestly thought you were joking but wow lol okay

khwarezm posted:

I wasn't keen on Super Buu being in the game (Kid Buu seems to have some of his most famous moves) but someone suggested he could work by copying other characters powers similar to how his absorption seems to work, which seemed like it would be interesting.

So now they just give that to an original character, lol, sorry Super Buu, now I really don't want to see you!

I really like the Majin look in general so I'm satisfied

Fans already killing it with fanart.

SirKibbles fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Jan 17, 2018

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

That Cell face at the end:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGU_lSpznUY

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

that screencap reminds me of the Gintama DBZ parodies Brieza and Cello on the Planet Hamek

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

khwarezm posted:

Kid Buu already has some Super buu stuff like human extinction attack so I never expected him in the game to begin with.

Besides Majin Buu and Kid buu have 90% of the personality, Super Buu is just kinda ehhhhhhh

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

come the gently caress on IGN, it's an advertised feature of the game not an "easter egg".

other ones, if you haven't seen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tik-SvF9jv8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dN93-b4ns74
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEDAunS3XAE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hX1KSKqVmo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEtfk2O-NzQ

Augus fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Jan 17, 2018

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

:smith:

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

:jeb:

DanZX
May 5, 2015

Not trying to ruin that moment but pretty sure Bardock got sent to HFIL and has reincarnated or something. Can't say about Gine, she seems nice but she is a saiyan and bunch of space monkeys were space assholes.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

DanZX posted:

Not trying to ruin that moment but pretty sure Bardock got sent to HFIL and has reincarnated or something. Can't say about Gine, she seems nice but she is a saiyan and bunch of space monkeys were space assholes.

Gine works in the meat processing factory because she doesn't like fighting. Used to be in Bardock's squad before. So what I'm saying is it's her fault Gohan is lame that's where he gets it from :colbert:

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

DanZX posted:

Bardock probably beat the poo poo out of someone more moral than he was to steal their halo.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

DanZX posted:

if you really wanna poke holes in it, all of those people have probably reincarnated by the time goku died the first time and also the afterlife seems to be divided up by planet so I don't think bardock could just wander over to earth's section anyway

hell, bardock wouldn't even have an actual body

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Plus he was sent back in time and died a looong time ago

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Goku saw dead / spirit Grandpa Gohan in Dragon Ball. Literal last episode has Gohan helping Goku fix an out of control furnace to save the Ox King.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

literal last episode was (say it with me everyone) anime filler

baba's tournament was the only time they meet after grandpa gohan dies and was 10+ years before goku dies

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
Personally, I prefer the filler characterization of hell as the defeated bad-guy hangout.

Nerds complaining about leaving in scenes of Frieza and Cell watching and grumbling as Goku fought Kid Buu in Kai is why it's a good thing Dragonball hasn't been particularly concerned with canon.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Goku redoing his battle with Grandpa Gohan while waiting for Baba to bring back Frieza was an underratedly sweet moment

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Carlosologist posted:

Goku redoing his battle with Grandpa Gohan while waiting for Baba to bring back Frieza was an underratedly sweet moment

Yeah. It made me tear up a bit when someone showed the animation side by side. Goku was reliving his last memories of his Grandpa.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Super is usually pretty good about not overdoing the nostalgia but when they do decide to go for it it, to use the parlance of our times, hits in the "feels".

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/super-saiyan-showdown-live-in-santa-ana-tickets-42061398776

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I still think this is going to end with them announcing Vegetto.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
They'll spend the whole event slightly obscured from view, and then get up and reveal they were both wearing earrings the whole time.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I'd be pretty surprised if anything was announced first through the english cast when the dev and the anime the game is based on are japanese

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

I'd be pretty surprised if anything was announced first through the english cast when the dev and the anime the game is based on are japanese

Game is being released over a week earlier in western countries. It's probably going to be a bigger seller in the west than the east, considering it's a high profile console game.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Manatee Cannon posted:

But organic marketing is always worth its weight in gold and I am sure even Japanese fans would appreciate this just for how lore appropriate it really is.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
given the majin 21 scan literally has the phrase AND NOW THE ROSTER IS COMPLETE AT 24 I don't think there's any more characters to announce

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Vegito could be one of the DLC characters, maybe? We only know a couple of those so far

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

jivjov posted:

Vegito could be one of the DLC characters, maybe? We only know a couple of those so far

We know absolutely none of those so far. Vegetto is definitely one of the bigger possibilities there.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Blockhouse posted:

given the majin 21 scan literally has the phrase AND NOW THE ROSTER IS COMPLETE AT 24 I don't think there's any more characters to announce

Would be cool if they were lying though

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
Didn't goku kill gohan?

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Kurui Reiten posted:

Game is being released over a week earlier in western countries. It's probably going to be a bigger seller in the west than the east, considering it's a high profile console game.

the only reason we're getting it first is because no one wants to compete with monster hunter

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

Terper posted:

Plus he was sent back in time and died a looong time ago

He died a hero so he's probably in that stupid planet with picon trying to make a living selling off brand dragon ball merchandise of themselves so bardok can get a bus ticket to see his son goku, like in my fanfiction.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

drilldo squirt posted:

Didn't goku kill gohan?

I didn't finish watch the buu saga but...Prior to that he tried through outright neglect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

Fargin Icehole posted:

I didn't finish watch the buu saga but...Prior to that he tried through outright neglect

All serial killers have a pattern.