Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
I'M APPARENTLY GAY AND MY POSTING SUCKS.
Our store has three bathrooms. A public restroom, an employee bathroom, and a store managers' bathroom. There are four people considered as store management and they all have keys to unlock and access the store manager bathroom. Of course it's still up to the porter/janitor to clean up their pompous rear end poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
We have one toilet run by the fast food shop we're next to. On one hand, it's great that the toilet is the one thing in the building I don't have to clean. On the other, having to time when to take a poo poo is really really annoying and it's one of the things I'm most looking forward to when I change jobs.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

ijii posted:

Our store has three bathrooms. A public restroom, an employee bathroom, and a store managers' bathroom. There are four people considered as store management and they all have keys to unlock and access the store manager bathroom. Of course it's still up to the porter/janitor to clean up their pompous rear end poo poo.

The idea that management need a special place to poo poo is hilarious.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Its so they have somewhere to weep privately at the futility of their lives. Being a manager has to have some perks right? :v:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Someone did a refund on a scratch off, but they price overrided and gave back less money than the ticket sells for

:iiam:

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Pentaghastly posted:

Womens bathrooms have their share of gross things, but I'm less grossed out by menstrual blood and poo poo covered toddler jeans shoved in the receptacle and used (positive :() pregnancy tests than I am by puke in urinals and puddles of pee and massive diarrhea blowouts where you're just totally baffled as to how it was physically possible for poop to end up there

I do not miss working at a gas station

Women's restrooms are always worse. I've been a lifeguard, pool manager, and a retail manager / drone at several different places. The women's room is always a disaster.

Pieces of toilet paper in every corner of every stall, diapers, unflushable wipes that weren't flushed, tampons, pads, tampon and pad wrappers, food, makeup.

In my experience guys will get in, make a big poo poo and leave. Women go into the bathroom and make it their own space.

The nice thing about a pool bathroom is you can douse it in bleach and hose the whole thing down.

Pentaghastly
Mar 26, 2016

Beastie posted:

The nice thing about a pool bathroom is you can douse it in bleach and hose the whole thing down.

Must be nice :(

At the bux we're not allowed to clean up any and I quote "fecal matter, vomitus or blood spills" because we only have food service gloves. We have to call in a special cleaning crew for biohazards. Meanwhile at my old job it was probably like "oh somebody did the ultimate purge on one of the urinals? drat that sucks. hey after you're done could you also scrape up that pile of vomit on the patio"

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
When I used to be responsible for our bathrooms at my job the women's was always the worst. Why the gently caress would you ever think wiping your vag with a piece of toilet paper then SMASHING IT UP ON THE WALL SO THAT IT STICKS is anything other then being a complete and utter oval office?

The only thing the men's restrooms had was that all the graffiti artists are male.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I used to clean restrooms at the zoo. I'd start about 7pm when the place was closed, and used about a gallon of bleach per set, and hosed the fucker out. Stocked the paper but if a toilet was clogged, gently caress that noise, Out of Order sign and I'd tell groundscrew in the morning.

I used a lot of bleach. One morning I did the restrooms about 4am instead, and at 9am someone left one with their eyes watering. 5 hours isn't enough time to let that poo poo evaporate, it seems.

Of course the worst restrooms were the staff ones. gently caress them.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
my co-workers love to complain about how much they hate being left stranded at the register while they strand me at the register.

Pentaghastly
Mar 26, 2016
Got a text that the store closed at 11am today so I have a much welcomed day off after being called in yesterday to cover a shift

There's a lot of loving snow out there

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Pentaghastly posted:

Got a text that the store closed at 11am today so I have a much welcomed day off after being called in yesterday to cover a shift

There's a lot of loving snow out there

Jealousy level: VERY HIGH.

Every snowstorm that comes by here (eastern PA) just grazes us and drops a very reliable 3-4 inches. Just enough to make it a HUGE PAIN IN THE rear end to go to work, never enough to keep me home. :rant:

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

Lmao we have one working family bathroom in our entire store for the remodel and it is supposed to be like this for two weeks.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Sounds to me like you should be telling customers you have no bathrooms during the renovation.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

Beastie posted:

Sounds to me like you should be telling customers you have no bathrooms.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
The Subway I go to locks their bathroom and tells people they don't have one if they ask. I remember one guy said "so how do you guys take a dump during your shift, huh?!?!" and the manager just responded with "how indeed..." and gave him his food+receipt. 10/10 down the line on that survey.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004
I didn't mind cleaning the bathrooms nearly as much as I hated being paged to go do something else while I was standing in a two-inch deep poo poo puddle.

"Nerd, we need you up front."

Two minutes later. "Nerd, we need you up front. Nerd."

Five minutes later. "Manager One, can you page the front end, Manager One."

Ten minutes later, Manager One would eventually find me cleaning up the aftermath of a shartnado. Manager One would, inevitably, tell me to just keep doing what I was doing. The front end manager would, just as inevitably, ask me what I was doing- which I would explain.

"Would you have had me stop?"

"No, but you need to check in so I know what you're doing."

And this would happen over and over again. It got to the point where I just started ignoring every page out of spite, because if someone was going to treat me like a child with no sense of judgment, I might as well act like one.

Aggravate the poo poo out of your employees for no good goddamn reason, it's a great idea.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Got into work yesterday (covering for another employee), had a chat with the boss, then he told me to reset some end caps. He listed 7, but just wanted as many as I could get done. So from 3 to 5 I got 3 done, which included reshelving the product from the end caps and then stocking them with new stuff. I then took my lunch and let the other employee take hers, which brought us to 6:30. (And she loved telling me that my lunch was uneventful at the register, while mine was busy as poo poo).

She was told to face HBA and medicine, so I took over the register to let her do that. She didn't feel like doing anything and sat in the greeting card aisle looking for a card for out assistant manager for an hour, then sorta went to HBA for 30 minutes, then counted her drawer and the change fund for an hour and a half, then came back and yelled at me for getting another end cap done between customers, instead of facing HBA.

Lady, I can't help you if you don't help yourself.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
Got 11 hours of dairy freight done in 6, it was a good day.

Time for the rest of my week to be poo poo!

MC Hawking
Apr 27, 2004

by VideoGames
Fun Shoe
It'd be really nice if my coworkers would update their certifications to sell booze. While state law does not actually require mandatory licensing for employees to sell or serve alcohol, the state heavily suggests your employees undergo a certification course because if they don't and they get popped in a sting, they will be arrested and the stores license pulled. Pretty much it's a $15 cover your rear end fee every two years.

One of my coworkers let his permit expire in October of last year and has yet to redo his training even though I've offered to not only pay for it, but let him use my personal tablet while at work to complete the training. As of yet, he's brushed me off repeatedly. My other coworker (Skeletor who I've talked about many times), let his license expire in July 2016 and I can't convince my boss that it is in his best interest to force this jerk to get certified. His excuse? "Oh, Skeletor has been doing this for twenty years, why should he have to take certification if he knows what he's doing?"

Because you could lose your license and be fined thousands of dollars? I've even handed my boss information on scheduling in-person certification courses at his convenience so the excuse of Skeletor being incapable of using a computer for anything but solitaire doesn't fly. I'm going to give it another go here soon because I'd prefer to not lose my job because they're all idiots.

MC Hawking fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Jan 19, 2018

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
If it's not mandatory why do you get arrested in a sting? Sounds pretty loving mandatory to me.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Inspector 34 posted:

If it's not mandatory why do you get arrested in a sting? Sounds pretty loving mandatory to me.

I think it's the difference between your employee failing the sting because they didn't implement their training correctly, and failing because they aren't even certified to do it. If he never gets stung, he's fine, but so long as there's the risk, it's probably better to just be certified.

Kinda how you can technically drive a car without a license, but goddamn if you ever get pulled over for something else.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

MC Hawking posted:

While state law does not actually require mandatory licensing for employees to sell or serve alcohol.

:what:

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
I get it; it's like 'its not mandatory to not drive while drunk, but if you do and get caught you get in trouble?'

MC Hawking
Apr 27, 2004

by VideoGames
Fun Shoe
Something like that. Texas liquor laws are goofy as heck.

quote:

Although state law does not require those who sell or serve alcoholic beverages to be certified or licensed, a TABC-approved seller training certification course is available. The training covers the laws concerning the sale and service to minors and intoxicated customers, as well as techniques for intervention to ensure that sales are not made to minors or intoxicated customers. The TABC does not actually conduct the courses, but TABC certifies the training schools and monitors the classes.

TABC encourages retailers to require their employees who sell or serve alcoholic beverages to attend a seller training course through the "Safe Harbor Act." The TABC will not take administrative action against a license/permit when an employee sells or serves an alcoholic beverage to a minor or intoxicated customer, as long as:

The person selling/serving is not the owner or an officer of the company;
The person selling/serving holds a current seller-server training certificate from a TABC-approved school;
All employees engaged in the sale, service, or delivery of alcoholic beverages, as well as their immediate managers, are certified within 30 days of their hire date;
The employer has written policies for responsible alcohol service and consumption and ensures that each employee has read and understands these policies; and
The employer does not directly or indirectly encourage the employee to violate the law.

This relief is commonly referred to as "safe harbor." If an illegal sale is made, the seller/server might be arrested, but the retailer's permit/license will have protection from administrative action by the TABC. This is referred to as a "restrained administrative case."

What does this mean?

Requiring employees to be seller/server certified provides "safe harbor" for permittees. If all employees are seller/server certified, the permittee's alcoholic beverage license might be protected from a fine, suspension or cancellation.

The tabc is fuckin' silly and incredibly corrupt. On a more positive note since my previous post I reiterated to my boss that I'd found in store trainers and would do the legwork if he'd foot the bill to make sure these retards are certified because it's his rear end if they gently caress up. He seemed quite amenable to the idea after I reminded him of our previous conversation(s) where he'd checked to see if the guy who trained our sister store died and is no longer available. Working for the universes most forgetful human certainly can get frustrating.

MC Hawking fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Jan 20, 2018

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
oh, you should've said texas at first.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Texas alcohol status: mandatory

Pentaghastly
Mar 26, 2016
I'm on my second ten minute break of my shift. Its been so long since this was possible I forgot they existed...

Jyrraeth
Aug 1, 2008

I love this dino
SOOOO MUCH

Gotten to the point where my boss expects the same output from me, as she does from the employees that continually skip breaks/stay late.

Been really aggressively job hunting these last couple weeks.

E: wondering if I should tell my work friends that I'm looking for work or if I should just keep quiet until I have an offer.

Jyrraeth fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Jan 20, 2018

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Jyrraeth posted:

Gotten to the point where my boss expects the same output from me, as she does from the employees that continually skip breaks/stay late.

E: wondering if I should tell my work friends that I'm looking for work or if I should just keep quiet until I have an offer.

Keep quiet until you have an offer unless you're secure in your financial situation.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Jyrraeth posted:

Never tell work friends you are job searching.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

MC Hawking posted:

Something like that. Texas liquor laws are goofy as heck.

The tabc is fuckin' silly and incredibly corrupt. On a more positive note since my previous post I reiterated to my boss that I'd found in store trainers and would do the legwork if he'd foot the bill to make sure these retards are certified because it's his rear end if they gently caress up. He seemed quite amenable to the idea after I reminded him of our previous conversation(s) where he'd checked to see if the guy who trained our sister store died and is no longer available. Working for the universes most forgetful human certainly can get frustrating.

This makes more sense. It's establishing that you're actively trying to prevent the sale of alcohol to minors instead not caring if it happens. So less "you can drive without a license" (which you can't, unless you built your own private roads) and more "if one of your employees causes a fatal traffic accident while working, you made sure that they actually had a driver's license instead of not caring if they can safely drive or not, so this isn't your fault now"

Incredibly dumb to not insist that all servers have up to date licenses since that now puts the fuckup and the consequences on to the owner

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

New record for Dumbest Customer Ever today. Bloke fills up his car, tries to pay, card declined. Tries again, declined. I pull out the card that states that if you leave without paying your details will be provided to the police etc. and start to talk about the different ways he can pay in an emergency, ask if he needs to use our phone. At some he mentions a gift card and I ask if he can use it, he says no.

Full spiel gone through, he has no other options and is about to leave (and be up for a possible theft charge) when he FINALLY brings out a gift card and says there should be $50, way more than he needed, but that he doesn't know how to use it.

What the gently caress is going through your head that you go through that mental process.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Zenithe posted:

New record for Dumbest Customer Ever today. Bloke fills up his car, tries to pay, card declined. Tries again, declined. I pull out the card that states that if you leave without paying your details will be provided to the police etc. and start to talk about the different ways he can pay in an emergency, ask if he needs to use our phone. At some he mentions a gift card and I ask if he can use it, he says no.

Full spiel gone through, he has no other options and is about to leave (and be up for a possible theft charge) when he FINALLY brings out a gift card and says there should be $50, way more than he needed, but that he doesn't know how to use it.

What the gently caress is going through your head that you go through that mental process.

Reminds me of a lady that was begging for $7.00 once so she could get lottery tickets - she literally went around to every customer/employee in the store asking for $7.00. She asked ME for $7.00.

When I told her to cut that poo poo out, I noticed that she had a $20.00 bill in her purse and suggested she use that.

"Well that's for something else and I don't want to break that"

:suicide:

loving gambling addicts

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

EugeneJ posted:

Reminds me of a lady that was begging for $7.00 once so she could get lottery tickets - she literally went around to every customer/employee in the store asking for $7.00. She asked ME for $7.00.

When I told her to cut that poo poo out, I noticed that she had a $20.00 bill in her purse and suggested she use that.

"Well that's for something else and I don't want to break that"

:suicide:

loving gambling addicts

'Excuse me, this is private property. You can't be harassing people for money. If you don't stop immediately you will be removed from the building.'

Literally the first thing that you or your manager should have said to her the instant you saw what was happening.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Zenithe posted:

This is why the major gas station chains, at least where I live, no longer allow you to pump gas before you pay for it

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Eric the Mauve posted:

This is why the major gas station chains, at least where I live, no longer allow you to pump gas before you pay for it

Yeah, I can’t think of anywhere in the US where you can pump gas first.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Duckman2008 posted:

Yeah, I can’t think of anywhere in the US where you can pump gas first.

My company allows it, we have maybe $20 in drive offs every few weeks. Mostly people pay for their gas.

Have way fewer complaints than with pre pay "but I don't know how much I'll neeeeeeeed :qq: "

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

In my area at least you can fill up with a credit/debit card, they just put a hold for like $50 on the card first.

I know this and I don't even drive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Eric the Mauve posted:

That doesn't happen in Australia. You always fill the tank then wander in to pay.