Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

huhu
Feb 24, 2006
I like to use http://www.makercase.com and a laser cutter. If you don't have access to a laser cutter I highly recommend joining a makerspace that does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Sagebrush posted:

Yes. That code will read all the addresses from 0 to 32767, print out the contents in ASCII and hex, and then lock up at the end, as the comment indicates:

code:
// All done, so lockup ...
  while (true) {delay(10000);}
while (true) is an infinite loop -- the while() block exits when the argument inside is false, and true will never be false -- and each time through the loop it just sits there and delays the code (counts cycles) for ten seconds.

So what's the best way to go about getting it to set that to false? I mean, the for/while is supposed to be while less than 32768?

Is that proper addressing for a 256k Parallel EPROM?

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort

CommieGIR posted:

So what's the best way to go about getting it to set that to false? I mean, the for/while is supposed to be while less than 32768?

Is that proper addressing for a 256k Parallel EPROM?

If I'm understanding correctly, you could make a couple additions like the following:

void setup()
{
bool done = false;
}

void loop()
{
while (!done) {
for (addr = 0; addr < 32768; addr += 16)
{
}
}
done = true;
}

The loop will still run forever, but it'll stop executing the for loop once it gets through it once and your done flag is set.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Sir Bobert Fishbone posted:

If I'm understanding correctly, you could make a couple additions like the following:

void setup()
{
bool done = false;
}

void loop()
{
while (!done) {
{
}
}
done = true;
}

The loop will still run forever, but it'll stop executing the for loop once it gets through it once and your done flag is set.

Awesome, yeah I'm aware that by design the loop itself never ends, I just needed a way to 'terminate' the main portion of the loop so I get a single read through.

That should work, thanks!

Just FYI: Arduino wants the Boolean declares prior to void setup() apparently, as it threw an out of scope error until I placed it above setup.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Jan 20, 2018

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Couldn't you just run it in the setup block and leave the loop empty?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Collateral Damage posted:

Couldn't you just run it in the setup block and leave the loop empty?

You generally want to avoid that, and there's certain constraints that will not get set or read inside the setup() block that need to be set in order to cycle through all the blocks.

I mean, you can totally do that, but it might break some types of loops/arguments.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Jan 20, 2018

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort

CommieGIR posted:

Awesome, yeah I'm aware that by design the loop itself never ends, I just needed a way to 'terminate' the main portion of the loop so I get a single read through.

That should work, thanks!

Just FYI: Arduino wants the Boolean declares prior to void setup() apparently, as it threw an out of scope error until I placed it above setup.

Dur, I'm not smart. Good catch.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Sir Bobert Fishbone posted:

Dur, I'm not smart. Good catch.

So, new interesting issue, it never stopped running, so to debug I added a print for the addr variable.

So, once it hits 32768, it goes -32768 and counts BACKWARDS to zero again, then starts again.

code:
ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ................32736
ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ................32752
020f99022000ffffffffff022010ffff ................-32768
ffffff022030ffffffffff022050ffff .....0.......P..-32752
ffffff022060ffffffffff022070ffff .....`.......p..-32736
ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff ................-32720
Somewhere before it hits 32768, it turns into -32768

EDIT: I may know why, it might be an 8 bit versus 16 bit issue. Testing a theory.

\/\/\/\/ Yup, that's the issue.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Jan 20, 2018

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

That's because addr is a signed int. The highest-order bit is used to indicate positive or negative sign, so once that bit flips to 1, it renders as -32768, and add operations move it back toward zero.

You could declare it as an unsigned int and then it would go from 32767 to 0.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Data Graham posted:

That's because addr is a signed int. The highest-order bit is used to indicate positive or negative sign, so once that bit flips to 1, it renders as -32768, and add operations move it back toward zero.

Oh, crap. But then it would still never trigger the done because it would need to exceed the addr < to exit the loop.

EDIT
Nope, it worked! Do I need to set the total addr 16 higher to catch the final 32768 address block?

Also nope, confirmed that just results in addr 0 being read again.

Woohoo! Confirmed the image is a Z80 compatible image, which is the CPU that reads these ROMs.!

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Jan 20, 2018

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
I added support for 64k with simple uncommenting, I'd like to add a Serial menu to handle this later, but for now its tested and works perfectly!

code:
/*
ROM Reader. Quick Arduino program to read a parallel-accessed ROM and dump it to the serial
port in hex.

Oddbloke. 16th Feb 2014.

Modified by CommieGIR for 256k and 64k and pure HEX
 */

// How I've wired the digital pins on my Arduino to the address and data pins on
// the ROM.
static const int kPin_A0  = 53;
static const int kPin_A1  = 51;
static const int kPin_A2  = 49;
static const int kPin_A3  = 47;
static const int kPin_A4  = 45;
static const int kPin_A5  = 43;
static const int kPin_A6  = 41;
static const int kPin_A7  = 39;
static const int kPin_A8  = 46;
static const int kPin_A9  = 48;
static const int kPin_A10 = 52;
static const int kPin_A11 = 50;
static const int kPin_A12 = 37;
static const int kPin_A13 = 44;
static const int kPin_A14 = 42;

static const int kPin_D0 = 28;
static const int kPin_D1 = 30;
static const int kPin_D2 = 32;
static const int kPin_D3 = 33;
static const int kPin_D4 = 31;
static const int kPin_D5 = 29;
static const int kPin_D6 = 27;
static const int kPin_D7 = 25;

// Done Flag
bool done = false;

const char hex[] = {'0', '1', '2', '3', '4', '5', '6', '7',
              '8', '9', 'a', 'b', 'c', 'd', 'e', 'f'};

void setup()
{
  // set the address lines as outputs ...
  pinMode(kPin_A0, OUTPUT);     
  pinMode(kPin_A1, OUTPUT);     
  pinMode(kPin_A2, OUTPUT);     
  pinMode(kPin_A3, OUTPUT);     
  pinMode(kPin_A4, OUTPUT);     
  pinMode(kPin_A5, OUTPUT);     
  pinMode(kPin_A6, OUTPUT);     
  pinMode(kPin_A7, OUTPUT);     
  pinMode(kPin_A8, OUTPUT);     
  pinMode(kPin_A9, OUTPUT);     
  pinMode(kPin_A10, OUTPUT);     
  pinMode(kPin_A11, OUTPUT);     
  pinMode(kPin_A12, OUTPUT);
  //pinMode(kPin_A13, OUTPUT); //UNCOMMENT for 128k/256k, COMMENT FOR 64k
  //pinMode(kPin_A14, OUTPUT); //UNCOMMENT FOR 256k, COMMENT FOR 64/128k

// set the data lines as inputs ...
  pinMode(kPin_D0, INPUT); 
  pinMode(kPin_D1, INPUT); 
  pinMode(kPin_D2, INPUT); 
  pinMode(kPin_D3, INPUT); 
  pinMode(kPin_D4, INPUT); 
  pinMode(kPin_D5, INPUT); 
  pinMode(kPin_D6, INPUT); 
  pinMode(kPin_D7, INPUT); 

Serial.begin(9600);
}

void SetAddress(unsigned int addr)
{
  // update the address lines to reflect the address we want ...
  digitalWrite(kPin_A0, (addr & 1)?HIGH:LOW);
  digitalWrite(kPin_A1, (addr & 2)?HIGH:LOW);
  digitalWrite(kPin_A2, (addr & 4)?HIGH:LOW);
  digitalWrite(kPin_A3, (addr & 8)?HIGH:LOW);
  digitalWrite(kPin_A4, (addr & 16)?HIGH:LOW);
  digitalWrite(kPin_A5, (addr & 32)?HIGH:LOW);
  digitalWrite(kPin_A6, (addr & 64)?HIGH:LOW);
  digitalWrite(kPin_A7, (addr & 128)?HIGH:LOW);
  digitalWrite(kPin_A8, (addr & 256)?HIGH:LOW);
  digitalWrite(kPin_A9, (addr & 512)?HIGH:LOW);
  digitalWrite(kPin_A10, (addr & 1024)?HIGH:LOW);
  digitalWrite(kPin_A11, (addr & 2048)?HIGH:LOW);
  digitalWrite(kPin_A12, (addr & 4096)?HIGH:LOW); 
  //digitalWrite(kPin_A13, (addr & 8192)?HIGH:LOW); //UNCOMMENT FOR 256/128k, COMMENT FOR 64k
  //digitalWrite(kPin_A14, (addr & 16384)?HIGH:LOW); //UNCOMMENT FOR 256k, COMMENT FOR 64/128k
}

byte ReadByte()
{
  // read the current eight-bit byte being output by the ROM ...
  byte b = 0;
  if (digitalRead(kPin_D0)) b |= 1;
  if (digitalRead(kPin_D1)) b |= 2;
  if (digitalRead(kPin_D2)) b |= 4;
  if (digitalRead(kPin_D3)) b |= 8;
  if (digitalRead(kPin_D4)) b |= 16;
  if (digitalRead(kPin_D5)) b |= 32;
  if (digitalRead(kPin_D6)) b |= 64;
  if (digitalRead(kPin_D7)) b |= 128;

return(b);
}

void loop()
{
  byte d[16];
  unsigned int x, y, addr;

// The only reason I'm choosing to read in blocks of 16 bytes
  // is to keep the hex-dump code simple. You could just as easily
  // read a single byte at a time if that's all you needed.

Serial.println("Reading ROM ...\n");
  {
  while (!done) {
    for (addr = 0; addr < 8192; addr += 16) //UNCOMMENT FOR 64k, COMMENT FOR 128/256k
    //for (addr = 0; addr < 16384; addr += 16) //UNCOMMENT for 128k, COMMENT FOR 64k/256k
    //for (addr = 0; addr < 32768; addr += 16) //UNCOMMENT for 256k, COMMENT FOR 64/128k
    // read 16 bytes of data from the ROM ...
    {
    for (x = 0; x < 16; x++)
    {
      SetAddress(addr + x); // tells the ROM the byte we want ...
      d[x] = ReadByte(); // reads the byte back from the ROM
    }

// now we'll print each byte in hex ...
    for (y = 0; y < 16; y++)
    {
      Serial.print(hex[ (d[y] & 0xF0) >> 4  ]);
      Serial.print(hex[ (d[y] & 0x0F)       ]);
    }

// and print an ASCII dump too. COMMENT OUT THIS SECTION TO DISABLE ASCII FOR PURE HEX DUMP

//Serial.print(" ");
    //for (y = 0; y < 16; y++)
    //{
    //  char c = '.';
    //  if (d[y] > 32 && d[y]<127) c = d[y];
    //  Serial.print(c);
    // }  
    //Serial.print(addr); //Debug Line, uncomment if it loops forever to verify current addr at the end of line
    Serial.println("");
  }
  // All done, so lockup ...
  while (true) {delay(10000);}
  done = true;
  } 
 }
}

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

you can try using preprocessor directives in the future, instead of manually commenting bits out

code:
//uncomment the size that you want to work with
#define SIZE_256
//#define SIZE_128
//#define SIZE_64

void setup() {
//blah blah
}

void loop() {
#ifdef SIZE_256
//do the 256 version of the code
#endif
#ifdef SIZE_128
//do the 128 version
#endif
#ifdef SIZE_64
//do the 64 version
#endif

}
The #ifdef blocks let you selectively strip out (or rather, selectively include) sections of code before it even reaches the compiler. It's a common way of adding debug functionality that you can easily turn off for production, for instance.

There are a lot of other ways of doing this with various pros and cons -- I like the preprocessor method but there are good reasons to try other strategies.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Sagebrush posted:

you can try using preprocessor directives in the future, instead of manually commenting bits out

code:
//uncomment the size that you want to work with
#define SIZE_256
//#define SIZE_128
//#define SIZE_64

void setup() {
//blah blah
}

void loop() {
#ifdef SIZE_256
//do the 256 version of the code
#endif
#ifdef SIZE_128
//do the 128 version
#endif
#ifdef SIZE_64
//do the 64 version
#endif

}
The #ifdef blocks let you selectively strip out (or rather, selectively include) sections of code before it even reaches the compiler. It's a common way of adding debug functionality that you can easily turn off for production, for instance.

There are a lot of other ways of doing this with various pros and cons -- I like the preprocessor method but there are good reasons to try other strategies.

That's what I was looking for, thank you so much! Yeah, I'm not a fan of manually commenting the code, but I have limited C/C++ experience.

EDIT: I made a couple changes:

code:
//Select EPROM Size by uncommenting the #define associated with it. Make sure to comment the others!
#define SIZE_64
//#define SIZE_128
//#define SIZE_256

voide setup()
{
 pinMode(kPin_A11, OUTPUT);     
  pinMode(kPin_A12, OUTPUT);
  #if defined(SIZE_128) || defined(SIZE_256) 
    pinMode(kPin_A13, OUTPUT);
  #endif 
  #if defined(SIZE_256)
    pinMode(kPin_A14, OUTPUT);
  #endif
}
void SetAddress(unsigned int addr)
{
digitalWrite(kPin_A12, (addr & 4096)?HIGH:LOW); 
  #if defined(SIZE_128) || defined(SIZE_256)
    digitalWrite(kPin_A13, (addr & 8192)?HIGH:LOW);
  #endif
   #if defined(SIZE_256)
    digitalWrite(kPin_A14, (addr & 16384)?HIGH:LOW);
  #endif
}
void Loop()
 Serial.println("Reading ROM ...\n");
  {
  while (!done) {
    #ifdef SIZE_64
    for (addr = 0; addr < 8192; addr += 16)
    #endif
    #ifdef SIZE_128
    for (addr = 0; addr < 16384; addr += 16)
    #endif
    #ifdef SIZE_256
    #endif
And just tested it on both a 64k and 256k module! Works like a charm, much thanks everyone!

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Jan 20, 2018

Skunkduster
Jul 15, 2005

Splode posted:

Nice work! Take a photo, I'm always interested in how people approach one-off enclosures (as it's the part where all my projects turn to poo poo)

I made a project for work that tests six batteries at a time. It tests how long it takes to go from a full charge to 6.7VDC.

Step 0: Standby/Charge
Step 1: Drain the battery to 6.7VDC and display the voltage on the LCD
Step 2: Charge the battery for 4 hours and display a countdown timer.
Step 3: Drain the battery to 6.7VDC and display a countup timer and voltage.
Step 4: If drain time > 4 hours, display "Pass"(Time) and recharge the battery.
Step 5: If drain time < 4 hours, display "Fail"(Time) and recharge the battery.

I used a fire extinguisher enclosure for the case. It is made out of some kind of hard rear end steel that was a pain to cut and drill. I had a friend with a laser cutter make a template for the screw holes, button holes, and LCD cutouts. Two of the batteries have shorted out causing the relay and some of the traces on the breadboard to fry, so the upper right red 12VDC distribution block is getting replaced by a fuse block when we get a slow day at work. As a bonus, all the machining on the case has to be done in my basement since we don't have the tools at work, so I get to "work from home" when working on the enclosure.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak
That is a lot of Arduinos! May I recommend you replace the breadboards with veroboard or some other more permanent solution? Looks great though.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Splode posted:

That is a lot of Arduinos! May I recommend you replace the breadboards with veroboard or some other more permanent solution? Looks great though.

Those are adafruit permaprotos, regular perfboard laid out like a standard breadboard. They’re great and pretty much all I ever use.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Sockser posted:

Those are adafruit permaprotos, regular perfboard laid out like a standard breadboard. They’re great and pretty much all I ever use.

Ahh fair enough, I've never seen them before

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

e: nevermind

Skunkduster
Jul 15, 2005

Splode posted:

Ahh fair enough, I've never seen them before

That was my fault for calling them breadboards in my post. Sockser is right that they are Adafruit permaproto boards and they are indeed great.

edmund745
Jun 5, 2010
I am pondering buying some RC-style servos for general robot building. I have built stuff using steppers, BLDC and DC-brushed motors, but have not ever used RC-type servos before (either for a robot or for RC toys).

One thing that I am sure of is that I want the ones that have multiple mounting points for metal brackets all over them, not the plain RC kind.
I also want some continuous-rotation servos that are the same way.

The Robogeek ones would cost around $35 each, for one example. They have both a 180 and a 360 model. $35 or so is about as much as I'd care to spend.
https://www.robotgeek.com/rg-180-servo

I have read of the fancy Dynamixel servos, but think they'd cost too much.
I'd be okay with just plain PWM servos, as opposed to smart servos or the serial/pass-through ones.

Are there any others like this? Made specifically for robot use?

I also may buy some of the tiny cheapo blue ones, just because they only cost a couple bucks each from China-land. They are only like $10 for 5.
I buy lots of electronics supplies on aliexpress, but can't find many good choices for bigger RC servos on there.
There is places that sell quarter-scale servos, but all of them only want to ship them some way that has no tracking. Or a way that has tracking, but costs a lot...
They won't send them e-packet or USPS first class. The only way that you can get tracking is to send them a more-expensive method like Fedex-IE or DHL, that costs $25+ just to ship one servo.

porksmash
Sep 30, 2008
Hobbyking.com has a small selection of robotics servos, and a large selection of general servos. You can always replace the servo arms with a multi-hole plate you mentioned. Here's a slightly better servo than the robotgeek one you linked: https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigytm-tgy-s901d-ds-mg-robot-servo-13kg-0-14sec-58g.html

roadhead
Dec 25, 2001

I don't know how many times I have to learn the same lesson, but its almost always a bad ground causing pretty much every problem.

edmund745
Jun 5, 2010

porksmash posted:

Hobbyking.com has a small selection of robotics servos, and a large selection of general servos. You can always replace the servo arms with a multi-hole plate you mentioned. Here's a slightly better servo than the robotgeek one you linked: https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigytm-tgy-s901d-ds-mg-robot-servo-13kg-0-14sec-58g.html
I only want the kinds that you can mount the C-brackets on.
Normal servos just have the screw brackets at both ends, because that works fine for holding them down in normal RC-vehicle use.
With robots often the servo bearings end up being the joint for the load, so the double-C-brackets work a lot better.

Maybe there is something I don't know about here however... MOST of the "robotic" servos that Hobby King seems to show have the normal-RC-style mounting?

The Robostar one appears to have some small mounting holes, but they don't show any brackets for it?
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/robostar-srs-3216htg-280-digital-metal-gear-high-voltage-robot-servo-32-4kg-0-16sec-73g.html

And the Turnigy one has no apparent mounting method at all? How do you attach the servo body to (anything)?
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigytm-tgy-s902-robotic-bb-ds-mg-servo-13kg-0-14sec-58g.html

porksmash
Sep 30, 2008
The smooth body ones are usually press-fit into a servo shaped hole and glued (or just straight up glued onto a flat area) into place on R/C models. The amount of load they bear is much lower than the situation you described. Sorry those didn't work out.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Data Graham posted:

Uhhhh...not quite. We live in a twos complement world (for integers), not sign-magnitude. And if it were an unsigned 16 bit int, it would go from 65535 to 0.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

feedmegin posted:

Uhhhh...not quite. We live in a twos complement world (for integers), not sign-magnitude. And if it were an unsigned 16 bit int, it would go from 65535 to 0.

Well, setting them to unsigned int fixed the issue at least.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

feedmegin posted:

Huh. Good to know that distinction, thanks. Interesting exercise to see how they differ.

Cockmaster
Feb 24, 2002
Has anyone else worked with the USB mouse emulator library? A few months ago, I wrote some code for my M0 Pro to do some basic mouse commands on my laptop (running Windows 10), and it worked perfectly. Yesterday, I tried plugging the same M0 pro into the same laptop and running the same code, but the laptop isn't recognizing mouse commands from the board. I tried plugging the board into my Surface Pro 3 (also running Windows 10), and that worked. What gives?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I haven't used an M0 specifically but that sounds like your laptop is loading the wrong drivers or something. Look in device manager or run a USB probe tool and see what's happening when you plug it in and it enumerates?

Cockmaster
Feb 24, 2002

Sagebrush posted:

I haven't used an M0 specifically but that sounds like your laptop is loading the wrong drivers or something. Look in device manager or run a USB probe tool and see what's happening when you plug it in and it enumerates?

On the Surface Pro 3, it appears as "HID-compliant mouse" under "Mice". On my laptop and desktop, it appears under "Ports" as "Arduino M0 PRO Native Port". Any idea how to fix that?

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

I couldn't get either the mouse or keyboard libraries to work when I used platform io to compile, but they worked fine with the Arduino IDE. I skimread somewhere that there was some issue fixed in 1.6.6 of the arduino IDE that fixed something related to this?

Cockmaster
Feb 24, 2002
I just uninstalled the Arduino software and drivers from my laptop, and now it recognizes the board as a mouse. I could've sworn I had previously tested the mouse functions on my desktop - something must have happened with either a newer version of the Arduino software of a recent Windows update.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Does anyone know of an arduino or teensy or similar carrier board that has some isolated IO?

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

taqueso posted:

Does anyone know of an arduino or teensy or similar carrier board that has some isolated IO?

Not off the top of my head, (I checked and the ruggeduino isn't isolated), but you'll probably have more luck finding an external module or shield.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡
Isolated like optoisolated?

If so, https://www.sparkfun.com/products/9118

If not, what do you mean?

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Opto or digital isolators, these are slow signals so opto will work fine. I was hoping for a carrier with say 6in/6out channels and screw terminals. I think I am going to go ahead and roll my own board for this since I couldn't find what I was looking for and the customer likes the idea of having their logo on the board and seems willing to pay for some extra NRE.

Thanks for looking, I appreciate it.

ultrabay2000
Jan 1, 2010

Has someone seen something like a ESP8266 with a battery backed RTC? Is that a thing?

I saw a $50 Arduino IOT type device but I was hoping for something smaller / cheaper.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

I used the esp8266 to pull time from time servers rather than use an RTC, but that might not be viable for whatever you're doing.

I haven't seen any boards with both an esp8266 and rtc though. you'll probably need to design your own or live with seperate modules.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

It'll be a separate module, but they're not that hard to find, even in 3.3V.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

ultrabay2000 posted:

Has someone seen something like a ESP8266 with a battery backed RTC? Is that a thing?

I saw a $50 Arduino IOT type device but I was hoping for something smaller / cheaper.
Any particular reason you're sticking to the older 8266? If I wanted something with radios and an RTC I'd probably get a $20 esp32 feather and a $13 TC-RTC wing and call it good.